Closed Thread

Old
11-30-2012, 12:27 PM
W75
Wegistewed Usew

vCash: 626
Quote:
Originally Posted by Generic User View Post
It's a start. But real bosses don't say they know everything after asking if it was just one person or everyone. Even if the man doesn't know the answer, he doesn't simply ask. He demands information and most importantly, cooperation -- but doesn't tip his hand of ignorance in the process.
True. It's a long road. But some day, I can stand tall in front of a mirror and state..

"You're the man."

Old
11-30-2012, 12:28 PM
Victorious Secret
Eyebrows Defcon 1

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiFi75 View Post
True. It's a long road. But some day, I can stand tall in front of a mirror and state..

"You're the man."
They have mirrors in Finland?

Old
11-30-2012, 12:31 PM
Minnesota
Global Moderator
L'Étoile du Nord

vCash: 1000

Old
11-30-2012, 12:33 PM
W75
Wegistewed Usew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victorious Secret View Post
They have mirrors in Finland?
Made of ice. Cold, hard, solid, clear blocks of ice.

Black ice. Black ice on asphalt. Cold, hard, solid, rough black asphalt and ice.

It mirrors.

Old
11-30-2012, 12:33 PM
Minnesota
Global Moderator
L'Étoile du Nord

vCash: 1000
Poetry.

Old
11-30-2012, 12:40 PM
tomgilbertfan
u wot m8

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyratoku View Post

Where is your girl at? Skype date planned yet?

My gf lives ~7.5 hours away so our 6 month anniversary was at a distance that kind of blew. Definitely not like being countries apart though. Sorry man.

She's in Chile, right now a 3 hr time difference.
Gonna skype this weekend.
She's been there since Mid-July, so it's sucked pretty hard. But you don't stay together for 4 years without some suckage.

Old
11-30-2012, 12:51 PM
bozak911
Ignoring Idiots

Quote:
Originally Posted by squidz View Post
Is it wrong I didn't even bat an eye at the idea of Bozak having a stash of Rohypnol just lying around?
lol. it isn't like i don't have a crap-ton of other medications with sedative side effects laying around, but no Rohypnol.

(i had to look up the correct spelling... )

Old
11-30-2012, 01:25 PM
Victorious Secret
Eyebrows Defcon 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC2600 View Post
But you don't stay together for 4 years without some suckage.

Old
11-30-2012, 01:29 PM
Generic User
Generic Moderator

That made me LOL IRL.

Old
11-30-2012, 01:36 PM
tomgilbertfan
u wot m8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victorious Secret View Post

Old
11-30-2012, 01:47 PM
Fel 96
JFC

Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Quote:
That made me LOL IRL.
This.

Oh my.

Old
11-30-2012, 01:49 PM
Victorious Secret
Eyebrows Defcon 1

Quote:
That made me LOL IRL.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC2600 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fel 96 View Post
This.

Oh my.
Exactly what I was going for. Thank you.

Old
11-30-2012, 01:54 PM
Generic User
Generic Moderator

You forgot to curtsey

Old
11-30-2012, 02:15 PM
Victorious Secret
Eyebrows Defcon 1

Old
11-30-2012, 02:18 PM
Avder
Life Happens.*shrug*

vCash: 405
This thread delivers.

Old
11-30-2012, 02:19 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Lmao I've never laughed so hard in my life...

In all seriousness though, the last 2 girls I went after I wanted cause I thought they'd be easy and I'd get laid... Didn't work so well... One I screwed up with and the other had a million issues and wound up in love with me...

Not what I wanted... I geuss you can say I know what I want I just don't know how to get it, and I don't balance... It's one extreme or the other...

But seriously, seems like a lot to worry about when you're only 18...

Old
11-30-2012, 02:44 PM
W75
Wegistewed Usew

We had a Fargo storm today. But there's no wood chipper in my backyard.

Old
11-30-2012, 02:56 PM
bozak911
Ignoring Idiots

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
I think we have that effect on people. After all, I owe GopherState quite a few keyboards at this point...

Old
11-30-2012, 03:18 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by bozak911 View Post
I think we have that effect on people. After all, I owe GopherState quite a few keyboards at this point...
I agree, probably..

Old
11-30-2012, 03:24 PM
Jaykay
Kuemperpedic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bozak911 View Post
Also, make sure to leave your stash of Arsenic powder, Rohypnol, and maps to secluded locations in a spot which "looks" like you are trying to hide it, but yet plainly able to be found...

After she calls you on it, deny anything out of the ordinary and then come home the next day with a chainsaw.

Old
11-30-2012, 03:27 PM
Puhis
@Puhis46

Send a message via MSN to Puhis Send a message via Skype™ to Puhis
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post

In all seriousness though, the last 2 girls I went after I wanted cause I thought they'd be easy and I'd get laid... Didn't work so well... One I screwed up with and the other had a million issues and wound up in love with me...

Not what I wanted... I geuss you can say I know what I want I just don't know how to get it, and I don't balance... It's one extreme or the other...

But seriously, seems like a lot to worry about when you're only 18...
My advice? Ignore it. Ignore all females, other than the occasional "hello". Concentrate on what's important, and I assume it's your studies. Do well, but don't look too nerdy. That means don't be to eager to answer to questions in class, and don't put "too much" effort into your homework. Just be casually good. Eventually, you'll have a group assignment. Do well, but don't do too well. Do your part, and just a little extra, so your team notices your effort and make a note of you as a "team player". Don't talk too much. Answer if they ask you anything, and perhaps make a funny remark, but be very careful when doing so. Seriously. Wait for your opportunity. If you start swinging them too often, first one or two might be funny but the rest just make you a class clown. I know from experience, a long time ago, but still. Be confident. Stand by your opinions, don't give in but don't be too rude. Assume that you are correct, because you are. Don't be too bossy, because you are not in position to boss anyone around. That's arrogance, and that's a good way to ruin your reputation. Know your value, and your position. If someone asks you to do something, your response depends on three things:

a) Gender
b) Popularity of the person
c) Amount of witnesses

I may need to elaborate, so I will. IF she is female, and free, don't be too nice immediately. Don't do what she asks for you to do, unless it's something like "hey, can you pass me that pen please?" or something along those lines. Also, take note on how the question is worded. If she's asking you to "gimme that pen", don't. Make sure people notice that you don't appreciate or deserve to be treated like ****. If she's an obnoxious ****, like most females of your agecitation needed, she'll ask again, something like "hey, are you deaf or something?". Respond with "Deaf to your behavior, yes." or "Ask nicer." She'll most likely come back with a sarcastic tone, something like "Can I pleeeeease have that pen" or "Would you awfully mind giving me that pen, please?" Ignore the sarcasm, give it to her while adding something like "Yep, that's better". She'll most likely do the eye roll and complains to her friends about it. Ignore it, at least they know you now, and they know that you don't have any interest to be nice to them.

However, if she's a female and taken, be nicer to her. Why? Because she is taken, and you know it (make sure she has told it to you or that it's common knowledge so you don't seem like a stalker), your aim is to befriend her, not to impress her. Talking to a woman living in a relationship also gives you a great insight of how a relationship, difference between singles and couples, and also - and this is important - gives you a chance to ask her for advice. You'll get very valuable insight and information from her that none of us will be able to provide.

If she's a he, is the guy your friend? If yes, of course you help him. He's your friend. If he's not your friend, what's your relation? Fair-weather friends? Acquaintance? Do you know each other? If he's a fair-weather friend, avoid him like cancer. You may help him, but do so carefully and only if it requires very little or no effort. You want to stay away from those types. If he's an acquaintance, is he a popular dude, or a "loner", or something in between? You want to get to know the "popular" guys, because you'll eventually be one of them, if you do it right. First rule: Don't admire them. They may have their own cars, nice chicks or solid abs. Who cares? They rolled a six at birth. Be fair to them, but don't act too friendly. Help if it requires only some effort, like going to close the door. If he thanks, say something like "sure man", or similar. Don't call him "bro", you don't warrant that yet. If he's an unknown, give the dude a hand. You'll gain an acquaintance, and you lose nothing, because nobody will think it's strange.

I'm sure you've got your own style, so as long as that style is not "dork", I won't get into dressing or clothes.

Have confidence in yourself. Every morning, look at the mirror and say "I'm the man. I've got this, because I'm good". No matter how silly it sounds, it works.

Be patient. You don't want to rush into, well, anything, apart from a loose puck. You'll grow your rep eventually, and people know you as the "decent dude", and chicks take no real note of you. However, that's better than "the loner", "the clown" or "the dork". Or "the suspected criminal", for that matter.

Regarding humor, be natural. Have a joke or two ready, but don't tell 'em, unless the situation warrants. There is no real sure-fire trick for this, really. Self-depreciating humor is fun with dudes, but doesn't work around females, really, unless you live in a romantic comedy, which you don't. If you do something awesome or even great, don't be surprised. Act like you expected it. That's the greatest way to show confidence.

You know, I was never really popular at school or anything. I was usually the bullied kid when I was younger, the class clown/the loner at 16-18 and in Kotka, I was actually fairly known but also often taken advantage of because I was older. My problem is that I either try too hard to be funny (and often hit the mark nowadays, but that's not important) or I'm just plain rude/make too harsh of a joke/remark. I also may or may not have ADD, but that's not important nor an excuse. I'm 20, unemployed, started evening studies so I can hopefully become an abitur in two years. I don't really have any gf prospects, I'm almost always broke and I live on benefits. I have a couple of friends but I mainly spend my time on HF, ****** or playing NHL 13. I'm fat, not especially clever or smart, I've got (still) a hair-trigger temper, I'm not talented and I procrastinate too much. I make stupid financial decisions, I smoke and I've got ****ing dandruff. I'm violent due to my protective instincts, I've got two cars (the other's gone and I have no means to repair the other one), I'm too cynical and I can't keep my mouth shut about politics or my opinions when I really should.

What I'm trying to say is that don't become me. If I had a time machine, I'd grab myself from the neck and tell this to my stupid self so I wouldn't make the same ****ing mistakes that are still haunting me.

Now I need a smoke. Don't **** this up, lad.

Old
11-30-2012, 03:28 PM
Generic User
Generic Moderator

tl;dr

Old
Puhis
@Puhis46

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiFi75 View Post
We had a Fargo storm today. But there's no wood chipper in my backyard.
You need a hand there?

Old
Puhis
@Puhis46

Quote:
tl;dr
tl;dr: You can try to befriend your love interests. Don't.

Old
11-30-2012, 03:32 PM
bozak911
Ignoring Idiots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxwell Goldshadow View Post
My advice? Ignore it.
My advice, not snarky, not sarcastic...

I would suggest that you leverage your current down time and take advantage of some of the benefits that you are already using and talk to a therapist.

No. I am not joking. Helped me a ton in college to have an impartial, third party weigh in on things. I never had to pay for it... and it wasn't through the college. It was through the county.

I don't know how it works in Finland... but, dude...

Closed Thread