HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Entertainment
Entertainment Discuss movies, tv shows, music, arts, literature, fashion, and upcoming events, concerts, etc.

**The Official Metal Thread III**

Closed Thread

Old
11-28-2012, 10:33 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystlyfe View Post
You must be kidding. The last few years have seen an glut of awesome new death metal bands. Cruciamentum, Tribulation, Disma, Witchrist, Miasmal, Zom, Maim, Morbus Chron, Stench of Decay, Necros Christos, Father Befouled, Teitanblood, Impetuous Ritual, Mitochondrion, Stench, Cannabis Corpse, ******* Priest, Undergang, Coffin Dust, Vasaeleth, Encoffination, Ruin Lust, Casket, etc etc etc
And I beat 1,000 HF dollars that none of those bands can match this song in terms of amazing effin awesomeness.

Old
11-28-2012, 11:35 PM
Mystlyfe
We're Touched

vCash: 500
Dying Fetus is garbage. Every single one of them has songs better than that.

Old
11-29-2012, 08:39 AM
Everlasting

vCash: 807

Old
11-29-2012, 05:53 PM
PromNite
Cloud Strife

Send a message via AIM to PromNite
http://loudwire.com/best-metal-albums-of-2012/

Top 10 best metal albums of 2012 from Loudwire!

I agree with #1

Adam Tensta's from the 163
Old
11-29-2012, 08:34 PM
Bobo420

Quote:
Even the most snobbiest, self entitled, self proclaimed "metal" head, would never say such a thing, whatever credibility(of which you basically have none of) you had left as a metal fan is basically flushed down the toilet.

Seriously, get over yourself and your "superior taste in metal".

Old
11-29-2012, 08:37 PM
Bobo420

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Cunney View Post
Completely disagree with everything you say, I don't know how the hell you can even start to say they aren't classic heavy metal. There main inspiation is the originator themselves, sabbath.

Your personal bias is getting in the way. The new album is getting excellent reviews from far more credible sources than yourself, warp riders was one of the better concept albums to come out in a while. Sure, they don't touch age if winters but that's what makes that album their best.

And the almighty kyuss (parts of anyways)chose to take them on the rd with them when they went on tour, ***** they must be terrible. Do you play an instrument? I really have no idea how you cam listen to their music and call them average if so.

As far as name dropping, it's a metal thread, you use names. I apologize that the bands I grew up on are "big" now, i guess I will refrain from ever talking about them? I've become fond of goatwhore & skeletonwitch if that makes the statement a little easier for you to understand. But you obviously aren't one of those guys who only want brutality so it's irrelevant.

Spends some time promoting what you like instead of tearing what you don't. Metal is getting more diverse by the day,too bad so many waste their time hating instead of digging what they like & keeping a scene strong and growing.
Agreed 100%, could not have said it better.

Old
11-29-2012, 11:46 PM
Mystlyfe
We're Touched

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobo420 View Post
Even the most snobbiest, self entitled, self proclaimed "metal" head, would never say such a thing, whatever credibility(of which you basically have none of) you had left as a metal fan is basically flushed down the toilet.

Settle down there, Sparky. And you should probably change your avatar before you attempt to bash anyone's taste.

Dying Fetus is junk. Riff salad with awful sounding drum triggers, terrible songwriting, and stagnant br00t4l vocals. Nothing special about them. They border on the abomination known as slam death.

Old
11-30-2012, 01:13 AM
Augscura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobo420 View Post

Shouldn't waste your time arguing with 16 year olds that have never played an instrument in their life. It really doesn't get you anywhere. Just makes you stoop down to their level.

Old
11-30-2012, 06:06 AM
villevalo

Quote:
Originally Posted by PromNite View Post

I agree with #1
Goatwhore, blimey that's a band I haven't checked out in ages.

Woods of Ypres have a new album? Jesus I feel like I've been out of touch for a little while

I have to say I agree with Mystlyfe in part, if in not so an obtuse manner. I can listen to what bands like DF have been doing, for years, in a pretty contented manner, but.... it's becoming stagnant, it doesn't matter what genre of any music it is, once you can tell something is following a sort of blue print of this is how we do things then it looses interest with you.

I like OSDM possibly the best, that awesome Entomed Swedish sound is just killer, but I really like what the newer bands, some of whom Mystlyfe listed, some giving the bit of life into what's become a saturated genre.

I look and I see bands like Cannibal Corpse releasing a new album and I think ... really? Is it going to be fresh, or do something different? Or is it going to be a solid CC album that in listening to it you would be hard pressed to say it was any different to the X amount of previous albums.

If you like what you like, then that's cool, we all like what we like, but some metal fans just want to hear something a bit different, a bit off the cuff, I get the feeling that it's a case of emperors new clothes with some bands, that you couldn't possibly say loved band X isn't as great as they are or say that you prefer newer bands for fear of the standard flaming some seem to get.

Oh and I think I saw a mention of Bloodbath above, I think they are a great band, best has to be Nightmares Made Flesh, Tägtgren is pretty damn good on that album, wish they had kept him on, as much as I love Åkerfeldt he just wasn't getting it done on those later releases, although I get the perspective he was trying to do on the last album...just didn't sit all that well with me. Notwithstanding he cant really hit those harsh vocals anymore, seeing them live was a bit disappointing. But now that he's left I'd love to see Tägtgren back in there.

Old
11-30-2012, 06:19 AM
Graveland
HONE YOUR CRAFT

Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
And I beat 1,000 HF dollars that none of those bands can match this song in terms of amazing effin awesomeness.

Yeah no, take a seat at the back of line kiddo.

Old
11-30-2012, 09:41 AM
cynicism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burt Macklin View Post

Old
11-30-2012, 10:50 AM
Bobo420

Quote:
Settle down there, Sparky. And you should probably change your avatar before you attempt to bash anyone's taste.

Dying Fetus is junk. Riff salad with awful sounding drum triggers, terrible songwriting, and stagnant br00t4l vocals. Nothing special about them. They border on the abomination known as slam death.
Funny how you just prooved my point, good day sir.

Old
11-30-2012, 10:57 AM
Bobo420

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Aura View Post
Shouldn't waste your time arguing with 16 year olds that have never played an instrument in their life. It really doesn't get you anywhere. Just makes you stoop down to their level.
I agree but some kids need to be put in their place sometimes... What I dont get is why do some metal heads feel the need to outdo each other on who listens to the more obscure bands, or whos heavier, honestly, who cares, listen to what you like, music is not a competition.

OK I'll stop ranting now, had to get that out there.

Old
11-30-2012, 11:05 AM
vippe

Send a message via MSN to vippe
Quote:
Originally Posted by PromNite View Post

I agree with #1
I really like BTBAM.. but I was extremly dissapointed with the album they put out this year..

IMO Converge released the best album this year that i've heard. They always deliver...

Everyone's so angry in here....

Old
11-30-2012, 12:44 PM
Mystlyfe
We're Touched

I love how offended some of you get when someone doesn't like your taste in music. Grow up. Just because someone disagrees with you in public doesn't mean you have to get all whiny about it. Some people are going to call you out, get over it.

@villevalo
Yeah, there's a new Woods of Ypres album, but it's also their last given the passing of David last year. It was recorded before his death, but it wasn't released until now. Haven't enjoyed much of the recent Woods material (the lyrics are awful, imo), but David was a great guy. Still bummed.
RIP

Quote:
We have a winner.

Old
11-30-2012, 01:12 PM
PromNite
Cloud Strife

Send a message via AIM to PromNite
Quote:
Originally Posted by vippe View Post
I really like BTBAM.. but I was extremly dissapointed with the album they put out this year..

IMO Converge released the best album this year that i've heard. They always deliver...

Wow, really!? I'm absolutely in love with the new BTBAM. I've listened to it just over 80 times now and that's just on itunes on my computer. To each his own, I suppose.

I'll have to check out the new Converge

Old
11-30-2012, 04:09 PM
Augscura

Ne Obliviscaris - Portal of I is my album of the year.

Old
11-30-2012, 04:52 PM
Everlasting

Angel of Salvation by Galneryus = Album of the year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vippe View Post
Thats the effect of people like mystlife. Elitism is never good, doesnt matter if it is politics, religion or even music. It is never good.

All over the nations the tunes come alive
Winners and losers, we're all alike
No matter as truth ain't some great mystery
We all fade into one

Old
11-30-2012, 05:06 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everlasting View Post
Angel of Salvation by Galneryus = Album of the year.

Thats the effect of people like mystlife. Elitism is never good, doesnt matter if it is politics, religion or even music. It is never good.

All over the nations the tunes come alive
Winners and losers, we're all alike
No matter as truth ain't some great mystery
We all fade into one

I still need to find that album.

But is am I the only one who noticed that with a lot of known sites (not just specifically for metal) pretty much have no metal albums in their top lists for the year? Just something to throw out there .

Either way, still trying to get through all of Parallax 2. ****ing awesome ****.

In Extremophile Elite, does anyone notice the lyrics they got from Specular Reflection?

Old
11-30-2012, 05:18 PM
Everlasting

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
I still need to find that album.
You should. Syu's performence is just wicked! One of the greatest guitarist of this era in metal if not the greatest. Too me, he is up there with the very best now. Like Malmsteen. The solos and riffs on Angel Of Salvation is just sooo goood.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DeAPNuIidJY

Old
11-30-2012, 06:10 PM
Epoch

Reading this thread made me listen to Woods of Ypres again. ******* that final album is depressing..yet amazing. Still prefer the first two releases though. Dave Gold was a great guy.

Old
11-30-2012, 06:14 PM
Behn Wilson

Hadnt bought any new releases for awhile. Just bought a bunch and have only listended to the first 2, Testament was great and I liked Kreators but not as much as Testaments.

New releases that I bought in the last week or so:
Testament
Kreator
Nile
Fear Fatcory
Incantation

Wanted to also gt Asphyx but store didnt have it and will likely have to get online if I want.

Old
11-30-2012, 06:39 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

Quote:
This sounds more like crying than actually opinion. Also BTBAM destroys majority of Death Metal bands out there, fact.

Quote:
Sorry kid the song wasn't "bad" at all, but was extremely average. Dying Fetus eats these bands for breakfast.

Old
11-30-2012, 08:12 PM
Graveland
HONE YOUR CRAFT

Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
This sounds more like crying than actually opinion. Also BTBAM destroys majority of Death Metal bands out there, fact.

Sorry kid the song wasn't "bad" at all, but was extremely average. Dying Fetus eats these bands for breakfast.
The ****? Dying Fetus isn't even in the top 15 of DM bands.

Old
12-02-2012, 10:15 AM
cynicism

*Tries to ignore urge to flame DF fan*

Right, so the past 3-4 years I've been into a kind of funk regarding Metal. I'm not finding a lot of new artists that really get my blood going, there's been Martriden, but that's it. So, I want you lot to recommend me some new bands that I've missed out in the past 3-4 years or so. Now, I do not want some mediocre, glorified "Old School" tribute bands, I don't want any of the mallcore bs, I don't want any of the musical masturbation of djent, I want something powerful, innovative, unique, devastating, etc.

The challenge is set

*Dying Fetus suck camel turds*

Closed Thread