HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Notices

2012-2013 New Jersey Devils (Team News, Player Discussion Part XXI)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-29-2012, 09:48 PM
  #251
Scottyk9
Goals? Please!
 
Scottyk9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: East Rutherford, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 24,932
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Scottyk9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingman77 View Post
I really hate Ott....

Scotty K ‏@Scottyk9
@otterN9NE My favorite Ott moment, truly classic ! http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g2...schecksott.gif

Scottyk9 is offline  
Old
11-30-2012, 05:25 AM
  #252
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!
 
Saugus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Connecticut
Country: United States
Posts: 97,441
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
No way you would vote Barch or god forbid Janssen though right?

I would vote just about anyone over them. Even Mike Rupp, or Arron Asham. I HATED Asham when he was here too.
Moot point, there's no way they would even be in these polls. Maybe if the topic was favourite goons. Then I'd vote for Cam without hesitation.

Saugus is offline  
Old
11-30-2012, 07:40 AM
  #253
MartyOwns
NYRB!!!2013********33333
 
MartyOwns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 10,346
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
I want Kovy to become like Hossa later in his career, but there's no way I'm voting against any Devils. I'm still annoyed that Marty lost, even if it was to Rinne.
marty lost? pretty much HF in a nutshell

MartyOwns is offline  
Old
11-30-2012, 01:50 PM
  #254
Bleedred
Pete still coach?
 
Bleedred's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Seminole Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 33,138
vCash: 500
I can't say I blame them for voting Rinne over Marty. As long as it isn't a ''Who's better all time?'' poll. Though there are some goaltenders I really would not wanna see go up against Marty on there for fear of not being able to swallow the results. Won't name any names cause I don't wanna give any lurkers any ideas. I'll just say they aren't Lundqvist, or anyone I'd say elite.

Bleedred is offline  
Old
11-30-2012, 01:53 PM
  #255
MartyOwns
NYRB!!!2013********33333
 
MartyOwns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 10,346
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
I can't say I blame them for voting Rinne over Marty.
i can't. i love rinne, but marty is a downright likeable guy. plus the 'pay cuts' he took to help the team, his affable personality, etc. but, in fairness, i dont know rinne.

MartyOwns is offline  
Old
11-30-2012, 01:55 PM
  #256
Getzo5
The Punisher
 
Getzo5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Presov, SVK
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 21,973
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyOwns View Post
i can't. i love rinne, but marty is a downright likeable guy. plus the 'pay cuts' he took to help the team, his affable personality, etc. but, in fairness, i dont know rinne.
So is Rinne. But Marty has the kind of personality that nobody in the game has...

Then again, we all have different preferences, don`t we? For the billionth time, it`s a fan favorite poll. Just let it go guys.

Getzo5 is offline  
Old
11-30-2012, 01:58 PM
  #257
Bleedred
Pete still coach?
 
Bleedred's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Seminole Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 33,138
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyOwns View Post
i can't. i love rinne, but marty is a downright likeable guy. plus the 'pay cuts' he took to help the team, his affable personality, etc. but, in fairness, i dont know rinne.
If they start voting Hiller, Niemi, or Crawford, or even Fleury, or god forbid the crumbling Bulin Wall I think I'd lose my ****.

I can't get over Niemi at 917 the last two years. He looks a lot better than he really is. He was crap in the 2010 SCF, but had an offensive powerhouse, and AHL Leighton on the other side to help him out.

Bleedred is offline  
Old
11-30-2012, 02:05 PM
  #258
Bleedred
Pete still coach?
 
Bleedred's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Seminole Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 33,138
vCash: 500
Also don't forget. Just from reading the ''One player you dislike from each team'' thread on the main board a lot of people put Marty as their answer for the Devils. Though not because they don't like him as a player, but because of his personal life situation with his wife, and his sister in law.

It's also a huge misnomer among those uneducated that Marty left his wife for her sister. It really was not her sister, but her brother's wife. Not that this makes it much better, but it sounds sleazier. This belief that Marty left his wife for her sister just keeps on rolling.

Bleedred is offline  
Old
11-30-2012, 03:11 PM
  #259
MartyOwns
NYRB!!!2013********33333
 
MartyOwns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 10,346
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getzo5 View Post

Then again, we all have different preferences, don`t we? For the billionth time, it`s a fan favorite poll. Just let it go guys.
easy, champ. i couldnt care less, i didnt even vote in the polls. marty might be the greatest goalie of all time, and he's done it all with class, so i figured he would win, whether its based on preferences or personality. and like i said, i like rinne too. just passing time on a friday, guy

MartyOwns is offline  
Old
11-30-2012, 03:55 PM
  #260
AfroThunder396
Lou's Secret Sauce
 
AfroThunder396's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Hamburg, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 21,438
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyOwns View Post
i can't. i love rinne, but marty is a downright likeable guy. plus the 'pay cuts' he took to help the team, his affable personality, etc. but, in fairness, i dont know rinne.
But he's fat and slept with his sister !!1!one!

AfroThunder396 is offline  
Old
11-30-2012, 04:11 PM
  #261
Getzo5
The Punisher
 
Getzo5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Presov, SVK
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 21,973
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyOwns View Post
easy, champ. i couldnt care less, i didnt even vote in the polls. marty might be the greatest goalie of all time, and he's done it all with class, so i figured he would win, whether its based on preferences or personality. and like i said, i like rinne too. just passing time on a friday, guy
Just look above, I`m not the one who needs to be reminded to take it easy. haha

Getzo5 is offline  
Old
11-30-2012, 04:35 PM
  #262
Bleedred
Pete still coach?
 
Bleedred's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Seminole Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 33,138
vCash: 500
Kovy sucks, and cost us Parise!

This team could be headed to another SCF, but instead decided to sign Kovalchuk 2 years ago, and now we're gonna be a basement team!

Bleedred is offline  
Old
11-30-2012, 04:44 PM
  #263
Fayne Staley
Deboer is great
 
Fayne Staley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Queens
Country: United States
Posts: 11,791
vCash: 500
Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice

So, Devils' estimation that Henrique will miss 4-6 weeks is probably on low side. Henrique has to wear cast for four weeks.

not that it matters, but yea. forwards anyone?

Fayne Staley is offline  
Old
11-30-2012, 04:50 PM
  #264
Bleedred
Pete still coach?
 
Bleedred's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Seminole Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 33,138
vCash: 500
Just posted that, and at this point I can't justify keeping all those D men with a depleted forward core. I really wouldn't have wanted to anyway. I suppose we can sign Sykie if this thing ends, and I expect we'll see a lot more offense out of Josefson(If he can stay healthy) but this is still pretty bad.

Bleedred is offline  
Old
11-30-2012, 04:51 PM
  #265
Getzo5
The Punisher
 
Getzo5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Presov, SVK
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 21,973
vCash: 500
Everything happens for a reason (just like Zajac`s injury and his callup or Josefson`s injury). If there was a season, it`d force Lou to make a move, something that we talked about and want to see.

Who knows with this lockout, but yes, if the NHL comes back, something should be done. We simply can`t rely on Butler and Tedenby, even more so if we play less games. Shortened season is an opportunity, actually. So why not take an advantage of it.

Getzo5 is offline  
Old
11-30-2012, 04:56 PM
  #266
Bleedred
Pete still coach?
 
Bleedred's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Seminole Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 33,138
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getzo5 View Post
Everything happens for a reason (just like Zajac`s injury and his callup or Josefson`s injury). If there was a season, it`d force Lou to make a move, something that we talked about and want to see.

Who knows with this lockout, but yes, if the NHL comes back, something should be done. We simply can`t rely on Butler and Tedenby, even more so if we play less games. Shortened season is an opportunity, actually. So why not take an advantage of it.
As I said on the main board to all the ''Devils will finish in 12th behind the Isles, Leafs, and Lightning because they lost Parise'' posters on there. While I think the team is better than the give us credit for, a shortened season of 48 games could lead to surprises. The Kings were outside the bubble at that point last season, and Phoenix who finished in 3rd, was in 12th! The Leafs were even in 8th at that point last season! If we struggle to get out of the gate I can see us stumbling.

Still TB's D sucks(Bake me some apple turnovers Matt Carle) Toronto doesn't have a real goalie, and the Isles? Uh.

Bleedred is offline  
Old
11-30-2012, 05:06 PM
  #267
manilaNJ
Optimism: Unwavering
 
manilaNJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 5,371
vCash: 500
Elias is up for another tight race in the favorite player poll, against St. Louis

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1299907

The potential is there for a Kovalchuk vs Elias final... but Elias would have to clear the hurdle of beating one of Datsyuk or Selanne first

manilaNJ is offline  
Old
11-30-2012, 05:08 PM
  #268
Getzo5
The Punisher
 
Getzo5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Presov, SVK
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 21,973
vCash: 500
It`s official. That poll maker clearly hates me to death.

Getzo5 is offline  
Old
11-30-2012, 05:09 PM
  #269
Bleedred
Pete still coach?
 
Bleedred's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Seminole Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 33,138
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getzo5 View Post
It`s official. That poll maker clearly hates me to death.
Don't tell me you're voting for the little French guy?!

Bleedred is offline  
Old
11-30-2012, 07:08 PM
  #270
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!
 
Saugus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Connecticut
Country: United States
Posts: 97,441
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
Also don't forget. Just from reading the ''One player you dislike from each team'' thread on the main board a lot of people put Marty as their answer for the Devils. Though not because they don't like him as a player, but because of his personal life situation with his wife, and his sister in law.

It's also a huge misnomer among those uneducated that Marty left his wife for her sister. It really was not her sister, but her brother's wife. Not that this makes it much better, but it sounds sleazier. This belief that Marty left his wife for her sister just keeps on rolling.
I don't care for that situation either, but it doesn't diminish his obvious talent or place in the history of the game. You can like a player without approving of everything he does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manilaNJ View Post
Elias is up for another tight race in the favorite player poll, against St. Louis

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1299907

The potential is there for a Kovalchuk vs Elias final... but Elias would have to clear the hurdle of beating one of Datsyuk or Selanne first
Did my duty and voted for Patty.

Saugus is offline  
Old
11-30-2012, 07:12 PM
  #271
Bleedred
Pete still coach?
 
Bleedred's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Seminole Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 33,138
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
I don't care for that situation either, but it doesn't diminish his obvious talent or place in the history of the game. You can like a player without approving of everything he does.
As we've seen from the TMZ videos if you care about their personal lives you'll come to find out some scary things. As evidenced by the TMZ footage with Poni, and Clarkson after the SCF loss in LA with those girls. Both are married, and I'm pretty sure Zubrus was with a girl too, and he's also married.

If you care about their personal lives you will be disappointed by almost all of them.

Bleedred is offline  
Old
11-30-2012, 07:12 PM
  #272
Wingman77
Glory Days
 
Wingman77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 17,077
vCash: 500

Wingman77 is offline  
Old
11-30-2012, 07:17 PM
  #273
njdevils1982
Chico for HOF!!!
 
njdevils1982's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: North of Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,204
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingman77 View Post
um...... you get an A for effort.


nice photogram.

njdevils1982 is offline  
Old
11-30-2012, 07:20 PM
  #274
Scottyk9
Goals? Please!
 
Scottyk9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: East Rutherford, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 24,932
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Scottyk9
http://www.montrealgazette.com/sport...345/story.html

Scottyk9 is offline  
Old
11-30-2012, 07:26 PM
  #275
Nick0930
Registered User
 
Nick0930's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,233
vCash: 500
I love that he called out that idiot Jacobs too.

Nick0930 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:51 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.