HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What is wrong with this picture?

Old
11-21-2012, 03:55 PM
digdug41982

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
we don't need a quality prospect in this case or to what you are referring. We NEED a proven Starter that can play right now and for the next 5 years
Agreed but who the hell is going to sign / acquire him? Bowman doesn't believe in goaltending, we all know that.

digdug41982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2012, 05:00 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
Agreed but who the hell is going to sign / acquire him? Bowman doesn't believe in goaltending, we all know that.
False

Hist first summer he was limited by cap and brought in Turco to be #1A with Crawford

Bowman believed in Crawford (As did most of this board after 2011 playoffs).. Last year Crawford meltdown is the problem

If Crawford bounces back to 2011 level then Hawks aren't so desparate.. If not then Hawks are in dire situation

And we shall see what happens.. i wouldn't rule out Bowman going after Bernier in LA or Neveurth in Washington

Not sold on Neveurth being upgrade over Crawford but he is also a guy who may bounce back to his 2011 form and establish himself as #1 somewhere else (Holtby will be Caps #1)

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 06:15 PM
olop

vCash: 500
I don't really know much about your goalies/goalie prospects/goalie coaches, but sounds like there's something wrong in your coaching staff, if they can't get the best of your prospects( I believe that Crawford could've been better by this time for example, with good coaching).

One thing that goalie coaches, in Finland at least, seem to point out is that goalies are weird personalities and usually "lone wolves" in a team, so the coach needs to build up more of one's self confidence and mental strentgh than just technique etc.

And I've wondered why NHL teams don't get goalies from European leagues more (especially Finland and Sweden have been doing a great job with goaltenders for years). And I mean the more experienced, proven ones. There are a lot of great goalies here, even between ages 27-35, who could probably be quite reasonable-priced and solid in NHL-level also. Well at least for phew years, until you find that great prospect for #1.

I really didn't have any point for posting this Just wondering if there's some other reasons for your pretty bad goaltending, than just bad drafting.

Oh and Niemi was in Finland playing for a while and he was terrible. There were at least 10 better starting goalies in the league.

olop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 06:40 PM
Sevanston

Quote:
Originally Posted by olop View Post
I don't really know much about your goalies/goalie prospects/goalie coaches, but sounds like there's something wrong in your coaching staff, if they can't get the best of your prospects( I believe that Crawford could've been better by this time for example, with good coaching).

One thing that goalie coaches, in Finland at least, seem to point out is that goalies are weird personalities and usually "lone wolves" in a team, so the coach needs to build up more of one's self confidence and mental strentgh than just technique etc.

And I've wondered why NHL teams don't get goalies from European leagues more (especially Finland and Sweden have been doing a great job with goaltenders for years). And I mean the more experienced, proven ones. There are a lot of great goalies here, even between ages 27-35, who could probably be quite reasonable-priced and solid in NHL-level also. Well at least for phew years, until you find that great prospect for #1.

I really didn't have any point for posting this Just wondering if there's some other reasons for your pretty bad goaltending, than just bad drafting.

Oh and Niemi was in Finland playing for a while and he was terrible. There were at least 10 better starting goalies in the league.
There were at least 10 better starting goalies in the NHL when Niemi won the Cup in 2010 as well.

But from everything I remember, the entire 2010 team echoed your statement about him being a "lone wolf."

Sevanston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 09:10 PM
olop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevanston View Post
There were at least 10 better starting goalies in the NHL when Niemi won the Cup in 2010 as well.

But from everything I remember, the entire 2010 team echoed your statement about him being a "lone wolf."
Lol I'm sure there were, but in a league with only 14 teams it's even worse I guess But to be fair, his team is terrible.

olop is online now   Reply With Quote