HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > EA Sports NHL
EA Sports NHL Discussion forum for EA Sports NHL video games.

The Sitwell Enterprises Lineup-Trade Block

Old
11-30-2012, 04:06 PM
ChuckWoods

vCash: 500
Deal;

I am still looking to move Getzlaf and/or Perry.

I am looking for a reasonable package of NHL Ready Youth, Prospects and picks.

Feel free to PM me with offers, as I have several good on each player that I am in the midst of contemplating.

ChuckWoods is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 04:27 PM
Gary83*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaroldDruken View Post
looking for an upgrade in net. Either long term or temporary. Willing to part with draft picks and certain prospects.
You can have Cam Ward for two weeks supply of poutine.

Gary83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 04:34 PM
xVx Santillo

Looking to get rid of some of these guys by next advance, i can package some or receive picks/prospects as long as its fair

O'Sullivan - 76
Ward - 77
Knuble - 80
Laich - 84
Perrault - 74
Hamrlik - 82
Poti - 79
Orlov - 76 4 star potential

Some of these guys are underrated just because they aren't star names...i didnt expect to sign so many guys in UFA therefore i have too many players...PM with offers

xVx Santillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 05:30 PM
matt1396

Quick isn't the problem, at least in game he isn't. He played like a monster against ANA, but I couldn't get many scoring chances and I just beat the commish 2-0. Anyways I think im going to pull Brown off the block because ive played well with him, but everyone else on my block is still available including Richards.

matt1396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 06:09 PM
slightlystewpid420

After losing to the last place LA Kings the Tampa Bay Lightning havent gotten desperate bring depth into the lineup immediately. Unfortunately the player that was #1 on the Bolts list was the #1 Center on his team with not much depth. But luckily after ironing out some kinks, and a bit of an overpayment, the Tampa Bay Lightning have a trade to announce.

get:

A. Vermette
L. Korpikoski

for
get:
TB 2013 1st rd pick
K. Aulie
C. Conacher
T. Pyatt.

Taking vermette away from phx without returning a true #1 C puts PHX in a tight situation, so I had to make up for it. In return I get a highly underrated(Everyone in TBC should know) center with blazing speed and hands, not to mention physical ability. And also get a underrated winger with just as much speed as vermette to add the the lightnings already blazing speed.

Did I give up a lot, yes, but not having Lecavier for 50 games would put me in a even worse of a spot. And when lecavier comes back I have 2 lightning fast lines.

Last edited by slightlystewpid420: 11-30-2012 at 06:22 PM.
slightlystewpid420 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 06:19 PM
PasswordIsTaco
2012 & 2014

vCash: 200
looking to trade a depth defenceman:
Cole (76, 4*) - Would cost more than the other guys to get
Woywitka (76)
Huskins (75)
Chorney (74)
Fairchild (71)

Looking for a 3rd/4th line forward, preferably C but not too picky. My draft picks except 1st rounder are available to try and get a deal completed! PM me some offers.

Last edited by PasswordIsTaco: 11-30-2012 at 06:26 PM.
PasswordIsTaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 06:21 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlystewpid420 View Post
After losing to the last place LA Kings the Tampa Bay Lightning havent gotten desperate bring depth into the lineup immediately. Unfortunately the player that was #1 on the Bolts list was the #1 Center on his team with not much depth. But luckily after ironing out some kinks, and a bit of an overpayment, the Tampa Bay Lightning have a trade to announce.

get:

A. Vermette
L. Korpikoski

for
get:
TB 2013 1st rd pick
K. Aulie
C. Conacher
T. Pyatt.

Taking vermette away from phx without returning a true #1 C puts PHX in a tight situation, so I had to make up for it. In return I get a highly underrated(Everyone in TBC should know) center with blazing speed and hands, not to mention physical ability. And also get a underrated winger with just as much speed as vermette to add the the lightnings already blazing speed.

Did I give up a lot, yes, but not having Lecavier for 50 games would put me in a even worse of a spot.
That's not really an overpayment. (Not that I think one is necessary)

Korpikosky is at least as useful as Pyatt, no?

So its a 1st, a D prospect, and a forward prospect, for a top-line C.

That's about right, if you look at real-world values.

In this game, I think that's a comfortable win for TB, unless that pick ends up being top-10 or so.

Jack de la Hoya is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 06:21 PM
Gary83*

Quote:

get:

A. Vermette
L. Korpikoski

for
get:
TB 2013 1st rd pick
K. Aulie
C. Conacher
T. Pyatt.

Did I give up a lot, yes, but not having Lecavier for 50 games would put me in a even worse of a spot.
Wow. Really? Lol.

Gary83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 06:24 PM
slightlystewpid420

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya View Post
That's not really an overpayment. (Not that I think one is necessary)

Korpikosky is at least as useful as Pyatt, no?

So its a 1st, a D prospect, and a forward prospect, for a top-line C.

That's about right, if you look at real-world values.

In this game, I think that's a comfortable win for TB, unless that pick ends up being top-10 or so.
As a jackets fan i never thought we should have traded away vermette tbh. He had a 50%+ f/o percentage. One of the fastest in the league, and hes got a suprising amount of stregnth. And hes not even going on my first he'll stay on my second. He might see some time on the wing when lecavier comes back, guess it just depends.

Old
11-30-2012, 06:25 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Can we agree to drop the "franchise" standard please? Just leave the option in place for a commissioner veto of any questionable deal--preferable with input from some unbiased GMs.

There aren't nearly as many "franchise" players are some of the discussions here would suggest. Some teams have them, some teams think they might. Only a handful really have more than one, and they aren't likely to move anyway.

Just my $.02.

Old
11-30-2012, 06:26 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
As a jackets fan i never thought we should have traded away vermette tbh. He had a 50%+ f/o percentage. One of the fastest in the league, and hes got a suprising amount of stregnth. And hes not even going on my first he'll stay on my second. He might see some time on the wing when lecavier comes back, guess it just depends.
You take some risk, for sure, particularly with that pick, but Vermette is very good in this game.

You'll be in an interesting situation next year. That's a ton of salary to tie up at 1-2-3 C. Maybe Vinny or Vermette to 1LW?

Old
11-30-2012, 06:27 PM
slightlystewpid420

Quote:
Can we agree to drop the "franchise" standard please? Just leave the option in place for a commissioner veto of any questionable deal--preferable with input from some unbiased GMs.

There aren't nearly as many "franchise" players are some of the discussions here would suggest. Some teams have them, some teams think they might. Only a handful really have more than one, and they aren't likely to move anyway.

Just my $.02.
I mean its really up to my descretion who and who isnt a franchise players. I'll treat it on a trade-by-trade basis.

Old
11-30-2012, 06:28 PM
slightlystewpid420

Quote:
You take some risk, for sure, particularly with that pick, but Vermette is very good in this game.

You'll be in an interesting situation next year. That's a ton of salary to tie up at 1-2-3 C. Maybe Vinny or Vermette to 1LW?
Yeah i was thinking something like this for end of the season/next season.

Lecavier-Stamkos-St.Louis
Korpikoski-Vermette-Connolly

Old
11-30-2012, 06:29 PM
Firefoxx

Quote:

get:

A. Vermette
L. Korpikoski

for
get:
TB 2013 1st rd pick
K. Aulie
C. Conacher
T. Pyatt.

Did I give up a lot, yes, but not having Lecavier for 50 games would put me in a even worse of a spot. And when lecavier comes back I have 2 lightning fast lines.
I thought we agreed on Tyrell not Pyatt, no?

Firefoxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 06:31 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
I mean its really up to my descretion who and who isnt a franchise players. I'll treat it on a trade-by-trade basis.
...ok?

I guess what I'm saying is that there needs to be clarity for the negotiations. I'm not really making any major moves right now, but a few others are, and no one knows whats going to happen when the first "big" name gets moved.

What's required for a franchise player? 50 percent more value than the bar? Double? Is the value-bar even the right metric?

Saying that "franchise" players requires an "overpayment" seems to be to obscure more than it clarifies. That's all I'm saying. No one knows who counts as a franchise player, or what constitutes an over-payment.

Old
11-30-2012, 06:31 PM
slightlystewpid420

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefoxx View Post
I thought we agreed on Tyrell not Pyatt, no?
No, your right, my bad, typo.

Old
11-30-2012, 06:37 PM
Firefoxx

Quote:
No, your right, my bad, typo.
Alright. approve this trade.

Over in Pheonix, we thank Antoine Vermette for his good service and wish him and the Tampa Bay Lightning the best of luck. This move helps solidify the future of the Pheonix Coyotes upfront with the addition of two key forward prospects as well as a first round draft pick in the upcoming draft.

I've realised that I struggle to score in this league, so this year is more of a learning and development year. You can't win if you cant score!

Old
11-30-2012, 06:38 PM
Firefoxx

Also should state that this is the second trade made by the Pheonix Coyotes, so we're done trading until the draft.

Old
11-30-2012, 06:40 PM
slightlystewpid420

Quote:
...ok?

I guess what I'm saying is that there needs to be clarity for the negotiations. I'm not really making any major moves right now, but a few others are, and no one knows whats going to happen when the first "big" name gets moved.

What's required for a franchise player? 50 percent more value than the bar? Double? Is the value-bar even the right metric?

Saying that "franchise" players requires an "overpayment" seems to be to obscure more than it clarifies. That's all I'm saying. No one knows who counts as a franchise player, or what constitutes an over-payment.
Franchise players are pretty easy to spot in my eyes. Really anybody you say a team the first person that really comes to mind. TB would be stamkos st louis and lecavier. CHI would be Kane and Toews Pitt would be malkin, crosby, fleury. But not every team has a franchise player. If you have any questions while trying to work a trade just message me and ill get back to you.

Old
11-30-2012, 07:01 PM
matt1396

Kings are working on something big, more to come.

Old
11-30-2012, 07:13 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Franchise players are pretty easy to spot in my eyes. Really anybody you say a team the first person that really comes to mind. TB would be stamkos st louis and lecavier. CHI would be Kane and Toews Pitt would be malkin, crosby, fleury. But not every team has a franchise player. If you have any questions while trying to work a trade just message me and ill get back to you.
Some of those guys have been subject to trade rumors for years (Vinny, Kane) or are old enough where they can't really be considered franchise cornerstones anymore, no?

Age, contract status, positional depth all have to be factors, honestly.

To me, the list is much shorter than you're implying.

Anaheim: None. (Getzlaf and Perry are UFA)
Boston: Chara (and only for this year, maybe 2, because of age).
Buffalo: Miller
Calgary: None
Carolina: E. Staal I guess?
Chicago: Toews, Keith (Kane has been subject to rumors, true or not, and is stuck behind Toews).
Colorado: None.
Columbus: None
Dallas: Benn.
Detroit: Datsyuk / Zetterberg (I'm not even sure which?)
Edmonton: You tell me.
Florida: None
LA: Doughty, Quick I guess. The three Cs sort of cancel each other out.
Minnesota: Parise and / or Suter (but they just signed?)
Montreal: Price
Nashville: Weber
New Jersey: Kovalchuk
Islanders: Tavares
Rangers: Lundqvist (maybe Gaborik?)
Ottawa: Karlsson
Phladelphia: Giroux
Phoenix: None.
Pittsburgh: Crosby, Malkin
San Jose: ?
St. Louis: Pietrangelo
Tampa: Stamkos
Toronto: Kessel?
Vancouver: Sedins?
Washington: Ovechkin, maybe Backstrom

There's a whole generation of "budding" superstars--e.g., Hall, Eberle, and RNH, just on Edmonton alone, but because of the nature of online progression, I'm not sure you can call them "franchise" players right now. There's also guys like Seguin, E. Kane, T. Myers, P. K. Subban, and many others who are just a notch below because of OV and age.

With a few exceptions, you're talking about young or prime-aged 87+ talent (with a few older guys in the 90s). That's really a "franchise" asset, isn't it. It isn't a question of who has been the best / most identifiable player in the past 10 years; its which player, if you were forced to choose just one off that team, would you want going forward?

GMs should be able to move aging stars (Thornton, Iginla) if they are interested in rebuilding. Unlike real life, we don't have to sell tickets.

EDIT: Apparently I had more to say on the matter than I thought.

Don't take this the wrong way. I love how you are running the league. It just seems to me that this is the last loose thread that needs to be tied up.

Last edited by Jack de la Hoya: 11-30-2012 at 07:47 PM.
Old
11-30-2012, 07:19 PM
matt1396

I'd say that Quick and Kopitar are my other franchise players, the difference between Kopitar and Richards is his age and the fact that he still has potential.

Old
11-30-2012, 07:23 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt1396 View Post
I'd say that Quick and Kopitar are my other franchise players, the difference between Kopitar and Richards is his age and the fact that he still has potential.
Quick was an obvious oversight on my part. (I'm sure there are / will be others).

In game terms, you are right about Kopitar vs. Richards, but with three guys at that position over 86, it seems tough to call him untouchable (again, in game terms)

Old
11-30-2012, 07:32 PM
Firefoxx

Quote:
Quick was an obvious oversight on my part. (I'm sure there are / will be others).

In game terms, you are right about Kopitar vs. Richards, but with three guys at that position over 86, it seems tough to call him untouchable (again, in game terms)
I personally would consider players with franchise potential as "franchise players" too. The players that either already are the face of the franchise or are well on their way.

Examples: Larsson on NJ, Landeskog on Colorado. They may not be clear "franchise" players like Stamkos, but it's clear they will be (in real life).

Edit: Though I agree they are few and far between, and not every team has to have one.

Old
11-30-2012, 07:37 PM
noexult
HFBoards Sponsor

OTB:

Morrow
Fistric
J. Jagr
Lehtonen

Looking for top 6 center(preferably younger than 27) and some interest for 1st picks 2013/2014/2015

noexult is offline   Reply With Quote