HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

[XBOX] NHL 13 GM Connected League Part III - 2013 Free Agent Frenzy! 4 Teams Open

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-30-2012, 04:45 PM
  #776
Royal Canuck
Ronnie Hockey!
 
Royal Canuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,472
vCash: 814
Quote:
Originally Posted by JUMBOcanuck View Post
I think I'm done in this league. If the commish can't be bothered to do an activity check or even check on GMs who people have complained about, then I don't think I want to invest any more time here.

I signed most of my players, I'm sure someone will enjoy them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inside McKenzie View Post
The leadership of this league continues to disappoint. I will be leaving the league as Sharks GM. I liked my team and there seems to be a good core group of people here but I think the writing has been on the wall for some time now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JUMBOcanuck View Post
Its not giving up, but the way the league is run I'd rather not waste my time if the commish cant even do simple things like activity checks
Quote:
Originally Posted by JUMBOcanuck View Post
Its not my league and I'm not whining. I already help run a league that is doing much better than this. If the guy who created the league cant be bothered to manage it, why should I?

Besides that, it was already suggested that someone else take over as commish and all it did was start a fight. Anyways I'm done, enjoy the league.
This isn't a super-competitive league and it's for fun, if that's not what you're in this for, then sorry, you infact did pick the wrong league. I've PM'd every GM that has had complaints of inactivity, and I've done my best to encourage everyone to be active. I can't babysit everyone to going on their xbox every day and play games. People have lives, jobs and more important things to do than this league, and I need to understand that and I do take into consideration some people that do have a lot of time on their hands, It's not easy finding a balance and I've really tried to do that.

If you're unhappy that some people didn't re-sign their players, I can't do much about it except for saying sorry to you. If you wanna leave, go ahead, but I have a feeling that we're gunna have another successful season and we learned a lot this season to make everyone's experience better.

__________________

Twitter |HFBoards Contact | Blog
PSN - TBennz
"You're never a loser until you quit trying. " - Mike Ditka
Royal Canuck is offline  
Old
11-30-2012, 04:54 PM
  #777
Royal Canuck
Ronnie Hockey!
 
Royal Canuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,472
vCash: 814
are now available.

Royal Canuck is offline  
Old
11-30-2012, 05:40 PM
  #778
Slapshot_11
Registered User
 
Slapshot_11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 4,872
vCash: 500
If this league is for fun and stuff then why was everyone forced to play there playoff games? Having to wait weeks for games to be played probably made a lot of gms leave. The one thing I noticed about you RC is you change your mind on a lot of things whenever it fits you.

I'm still going to stay in this league because its fun but you need to makeup your mind on things and stick with it because people think there signing up for one thing then its changed.

Slapshot_11 is offline  
Old
11-30-2012, 05:50 PM
  #779
ubiquitous
*shink*
 
ubiquitous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Prince George, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,537
vCash: 500
Yeah, I'm staying too haha, I just might read this thread less.

ubiquitous is offline  
Old
11-30-2012, 06:39 PM
  #780
Eddie Vedder
Registered User
 
Eddie Vedder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,536
vCash: 500
Isnt Dallas RC's friend? Hes ALWAYS on XBL he's on my friends list... Preferential treatment?

Eddie Vedder is offline  
Old
11-30-2012, 06:43 PM
  #781
Eddie Vedder
Registered User
 
Eddie Vedder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,536
vCash: 500
RC if you want a hand running things, i'd be willing to help out.

Eddie Vedder is offline  
Old
11-30-2012, 07:48 PM
  #782
Eddie Vedder
Registered User
 
Eddie Vedder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,536
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slapshot_11 View Post
If this league is for fun and stuff then why was everyone forced to play there playoff games? Having to wait weeks for games to be played probably made a lot of gms leave. The one thing I noticed about you RC is you change your mind on a lot of things whenever it fits you.

I'm still going to stay in this league because its fun but you need to makeup your mind on things and stick with it because people think there signing up for one thing then its changed.
The biggest issue is going to be when the season tries to start up in a few days/a week and teams like dallas dont have enough players on their roster. We wont be able to sim until someone takes over and sorts it out.

Eddie Vedder is offline  
Old
11-30-2012, 08:33 PM
  #783
Royal Canuck
Ronnie Hockey!
 
Royal Canuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,472
vCash: 814
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Vedder View Post
Isnt Dallas RC's friend? Hes ALWAYS on XBL he's on my friends list... Preferential treatment?
He's a friend of mine but he's graduated now so I don't see him too much, I'll PM him letting him know to start signing guys ASAP.

Royal Canuck is offline  
Old
11-30-2012, 08:47 PM
  #784
Royal Canuck
Ronnie Hockey!
 
Royal Canuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,472
vCash: 814
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Vedder View Post
Trade to announce:

The La Kings acquire:
B. Cassavant and Washingtons 3rd round pick

Washington Capitals acquire:
Willie Mitchell
Confirmed.

Royal Canuck is offline  
Old
11-30-2012, 08:54 PM
  #785
Royal Canuck
Ronnie Hockey!
 
Royal Canuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,472
vCash: 814
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Vedder View Post
RC if you want a hand running things, i'd be willing to help out.
Thanks EV, I'll keep that in mind.

Royal Canuck is offline  
Old
11-30-2012, 09:10 PM
  #786
LickTheEnvelope
6th Overall Blows
 
LickTheEnvelope's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 28,379
vCash: 500
I am still around.

Not concerned about activity checks or whatever, there's always people to fill spots.

And the top people are competitive.

Don't get the over-reactions of some.

LickTheEnvelope is offline  
Old
11-30-2012, 09:11 PM
  #787
LickTheEnvelope
6th Overall Blows
 
LickTheEnvelope's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 28,379
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JUMBOcanuck View Post
I think I'm done in this league. If the commish can't be bothered to do an activity check or even check on GMs who people have complained about, then I don't think I want to invest any more time here.

I signed most of my players, I'm sure someone will enjoy them.
RC has done a great job with all my requests.


LickTheEnvelope is offline  
Old
11-30-2012, 09:23 PM
  #788
Slapshot_11
Registered User
 
Slapshot_11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 4,872
vCash: 500
If you guys want this league to last I think it would be best to give all the RFA players that weren't signed because of busy or inactive gms back to the teams they were originally from.

Thats just me though, I think its best for the league because absolutely nobody will want to take a team like dallas when they know they lost Benn for no reason and got nothing or Buffalo and there RFAs, NJ, and whoever else is out there

Slapshot_11 is offline  
Old
11-30-2012, 09:25 PM
  #789
SvenBaertschi
Not Sven Baerschi
 
SvenBaertschi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 676
vCash: 50
I agree that RC has done a good job and the playoffs taking a little long is understandable but it can be worked on for the next season

Feels bad to be losing two high level players but then again better chance for me to win the cup

So Cya Inside Mckenzie and Jumbocanuck

SvenBaertschi is offline  
Old
11-30-2012, 09:34 PM
  #790
SomeoneGreat
Registered User
 
SomeoneGreat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,893
vCash: 500
After my first failed go-around, i think I'm ready for another shot

May I take over the reigns of the Sharks?

SomeoneGreat is offline  
Old
11-30-2012, 11:31 PM
  #791
Royal Canuck
Ronnie Hockey!
 
Royal Canuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,472
vCash: 814
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeoneGreat View Post
After my first failed go-around, i think I'm ready for another shot

May I take over the reigns of the Sharks?
They're yours my friend.

Royal Canuck is offline  
Old
11-30-2012, 11:34 PM
  #792
Royal Canuck
Ronnie Hockey!
 
Royal Canuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,472
vCash: 814
LickTheEnvelope and FlamesFreak4 are our new Co-Commissoners representing the Western Conference. They along with the Eastern Co-Commissoners will be helping me with league decisions as well as Inactivity checks.

Royal Canuck is offline  
Old
11-30-2012, 11:36 PM
  #793
Royal Canuck
Ronnie Hockey!
 
Royal Canuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,472
vCash: 814
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slapshot_11 View Post
If you guys want this league to last I think it would be best to give all the RFA players that weren't signed because of busy or inactive gms back to the teams they were originally from.

Thats just me though, I think its best for the league because absolutely nobody will want to take a team like dallas when they know they lost Benn for no reason and got nothing or Buffalo and there RFAs, NJ, and whoever else is out there
I think the teams that did lose their stars have a lot of cap space (Dallas mainly) and they should be able to re-sign Benn and Roy as long as they pay them good money, which would be a good punishment as to being inactive, they gotta pay up. Either way, I'll discuss this matter with the Co-Commissoners.

Royal Canuck is offline  
Old
11-30-2012, 11:38 PM
  #794
ubiquitous
*shink*
 
ubiquitous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Prince George, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,537
vCash: 500
I'm sure that other teams are going to overpay Benn. Last I checked there were like 7 teams who made offers on them?

Did you manage to get a hold of Dallas?

ubiquitous is offline  
Old
11-30-2012, 11:42 PM
  #795
Royal Canuck
Ronnie Hockey!
 
Royal Canuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,472
vCash: 814
Quote:
Originally Posted by ubiquitous View Post
I'm sure that other teams are going to overpay Benn. Last I checked there were like 7 teams who made offers on them?

Did you manage to get a hold of Dallas?
I'll text him right now.

Royal Canuck is offline  
Old
12-01-2012, 12:09 AM
  #796
SomeoneGreat
Registered User
 
SomeoneGreat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,893
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Canuck View Post
They're yours my friend.
Coolio

Request sent.

SomeoneGreat is offline  
Old
12-01-2012, 02:41 AM
  #797
Brain Sergeant
Squirrel!
 
Brain Sergeant's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,645
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slapshot_11 View Post
If you guys want this league to last I think it would be best to give all the RFA players that weren't signed because of busy or inactive gms back to the teams they were originally from.

Thats just me though, I think its best for the league because absolutely nobody will want to take a team like dallas when they know they lost Benn for no reason and got nothing or Buffalo and there RFAs, NJ, and whoever else is out there
Yeah, I agree with this, to keep the league viable you need to tend to the teams that become inactive, because no matter what anyone says, teams will have periods of inactivity.

Brain Sergeant is offline  
Old
12-01-2012, 03:28 AM
  #798
Jumex
Registered User
 
Jumex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Salisbury, UK
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 203
vCash: 249
So how is this going to work? Naturally I was working hard in the off season as I have $18m cap space and holes to fill in my roster.

A lot of these holes found nice solutions via young UFA's most of which were previously unqualified RFA's from the teams mentioned in the last few pages.

For arguments sake I manage to sign 4-5 of these RFA's in this sim period at a total of $17m. This meas any 'real' UFA's can't join my team as I've used up my cap. If I then have to return these players to their original teams I would have missed out on the UFA period.

I suggest the RFA's issues are solved (as best possible) before the next sim, otherwise there maybe more annoyed GM's in the league.

Also at what point do we draw the line for unqualified RFA's? There will be naturally be RFA's that weren't qualified by choice of active GM's

My problem is I now do not know who is fair game and who isn't in free agency, this will only be worse for teams with less cap space than me.

Edit - please note this is not a criticism of the league or the commissioners . I'm just trying to contribute and ensurie the problems we have are worked through in a fair way.

Jumex is offline  
Old
12-01-2012, 03:53 AM
  #799
Royal Canuck
Ronnie Hockey!
 
Royal Canuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,472
vCash: 814
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumex View Post
So how is this going to work? Naturally I was working hard in the off season as I have $18m cap space and holes to fill in my roster.

A lot of these holes found nice solutions via young UFA's most of which were previously unqualified RFA's from the teams mentioned in the last few pages.

For arguments sake I manage to sign 4-5 of these RFA's in this sim period at a total of $17m. This meas any 'real' UFA's can't join my team as I've used up my cap. If I then have to return these players to their original teams I would have missed out on the UFA period.

I suggest the RFA's issues are solved (as best possible) before the next sim, otherwise there maybe more annoyed GM's in the league.

Also at what point do we draw the line for unqualified RFA's? There will be naturally be RFA's that weren't qualified by choice of active GM's

My problem is I now do not know who is fair game and who isn't in free agency, this will only be worse for teams with less cap space than me.

Edit - please note this is not a criticism of the league or the commissioners . I'm just trying to contribute and ensurie the problems we have are worked through in a fair way.
We understand and are trying to work something out that benefits everyone.

Royal Canuck is offline  
Old
12-01-2012, 12:13 PM
  #800
LickTheEnvelope
6th Overall Blows
 
LickTheEnvelope's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 28,379
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumex View Post
So how is this going to work? Naturally I was working hard in the off season as I have $18m cap space and holes to fill in my roster.

A lot of these holes found nice solutions via young UFA's most of which were previously unqualified RFA's from the teams mentioned in the last few pages.

For arguments sake I manage to sign 4-5 of these RFA's in this sim period at a total of $17m. This meas any 'real' UFA's can't join my team as I've used up my cap. If I then have to return these players to their original teams I would have missed out on the UFA period.

I suggest the RFA's issues are solved (as best possible) before the next sim, otherwise there maybe more annoyed GM's in the league.

Also at what point do we draw the line for unqualified RFA's? There will be naturally be RFA's that weren't qualified by choice of active GM's

My problem is I now do not know who is fair game and who isn't in free agency, this will only be worse for teams with less cap space than me.

Edit - please note this is not a criticism of the league or the commissioners . I'm just trying to contribute and ensurie the problems we have are worked through in a fair way.
I have access to another live account.

Might get RC to set that account as GM of Dallas before tomorrow and just over-bid on Dallas's RFA's they lost (Benn and Roy).

If you somehow out bid the over-bids I throw... well then we would have to look at other options.

Waiting on RC but I think that's about as fair as we can get now.

EDIT:

Any other RFA's lost to UFA of major concern? Zajac? We should probably make a list of the guys that it just seems crazy for teams to let go.

Obviously we wont go nuts on this but key guys like Roy/Benn are no-brainers.

LickTheEnvelope is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:24 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.