HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Josh Bailey to Bietigheim Steelers (Germany2)

Old
11-23-2012, 07:02 PM
Renbarg

vCash: 500
Stat line says he is playing his typical Josh Bailey game. I know he needs to get work, but I think he made a poor decision. His stats suggest he is playing like a ringer in beer league, taking every opportunity to pass. That's Bailey's biggest problem by far. I'm scared he may pick up more bad habits. The kid needs to shoot more, and in general, play a much simpler game. He has a crazy amount of talent, I just wish he would stop playing so "cute."

Renbarg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2012, 08:08 PM
Dutch Frost
Everything is Fine!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by startainfection View Post
seriously? bailey is far from a bust
josh Bailey is garbage!!!! All of you need to stop sweating this guy and thinking he is the next Bossy. I wish him well and hope he turns it around but I will not hold my breathe. If anything this lock out is a blessing because Ryan Strome gets another year to develop along with the other prospects. I also won't care what any of his stats are in Germany until he proves it here in the NHL.

Dutch Frost is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2012, 12:18 AM
blinkman360
CdH for Norris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Frost View Post
josh Bailey is garbage!!!! All of you need to stop sweating this guy and thinking he is the next Bossy. I wish him well and hope he turns it around but I will not hold my breathe. If anything this lock out is a blessing because Ryan Strome gets another year to develop along with the other prospects. I also won't care what any of his stats are in Germany until he proves it here in the NHL.
Really? I figured the German league was more impressive.

blinkman360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2012, 07:03 AM
redbull
game on

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkman360 View Post
Really? I figured the German league was more impressive.
Other leagues are only important if a player hasn't played in the NHL yet.

We still see potential in Rakhshani, Anders Lee and Jesse Joensuu because they had (are having) success in other leagues, even though they have failed in the NHL so far, even though they are older than Bailey.

We have Strome and Nelson who are already pushing out Okposo and Bailey. Wasn't Nino supposed to get Parenteau pushed aside last year?

Nino went from "outgrowing the CHL", to a bust, to an elite prospect all before the age of twenty.

Isles fans are a special group.

redbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2012, 02:01 PM
OlTimeHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbull View Post
Other leagues are only important if a player hasn't played in the NHL yet.

We still see potential in Rakhshani, Anders Lee and Jesse Joensuu because they had (are having) success in other leagues, even though they have failed in the NHL so far, even though they are older than Bailey.

We have Strome and Nelson who are already pushing out Okposo and Bailey. Wasn't Nino supposed to get Parenteau pushed aside last year?

Nino went from "outgrowing the CHL", to a bust, to an elite prospect all before the age of twenty.

Isles fans are a special group.
Ahem....Strome ain't ready. You know my stance on Nino and Bailey and the innocent little 9 game experiment thingy we want with all our young pups.

Last edited by OlTimeHockey: 11-24-2012 at 02:07 PM.
OlTimeHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 06:58 PM
redbull
game on

bailey's up to 9 pts in 5 games, maybe he found his league!

German 2nd division. I always thought that's the type of league I can play in, the equivalent of a decent beer league but with slightly better players.

All I want is an apartment and a car and some spending money - then I get to see Austria, Holland, Denmark, Luxembourg, Switzerland, Germany and evaluate chicks for my Canadian friends.

What lockout?!

Now, if only DiPietro can find a place to play.

Old
11-30-2012, 09:04 PM
KyleBailey12

Quote:
Now, if only DiPietro can find a place to play.
And stay there!

KyleBailey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 01:33 PM
redbull
game on

anyone know why Bailey isn't playing? Hasn't dressed for a few games.

11 pts in 6 games.

Maybe he's like Doug Weight there? an assistant coach already?

Old
12-11-2012, 09:44 PM
periferal

Quote:
anyone know why Bailey isn't playing? Hasn't dressed for a few games.

11 pts in 6 games.

Maybe he's like Doug Weight there? an assistant coach already?

Even the Germans know how to develop a prospect...They've sent him down to their league 3 affiliate.

periferal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 10:23 PM
A Pointed Stick
There Is Always...

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by periferal View Post
Even the Germans know how to develop a prospect...They've sent him down to their league 3 affiliate.
Did they make him do pushups with chains around his neck? Apparently that's the Isle's secret for success.

A Pointed Stick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2012, 01:25 AM
redbull
game on

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Pointed Stick View Post
Did they make him do pushups with chains around his neck? Apparently that's the Isle's secret for success.
They misunderstood the role of the chains, settled on this recipe for success:

#endthislockoutnowplease

Old
12-12-2012, 11:02 AM
tfong

I always liked Bailey since he was drafted, what has been going wrong outside of injuries with him? I saw him as a very good 2c around the 50/60point mark. I obviously since I'm in Calgary my viewings are very limited of him now but maybe u guys can give me some insight? I really liked him as a spitfire.

tfong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2012, 11:33 AM
blinkman360
CdH for Norris

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfong View Post
I always liked Bailey since he was drafted, what has been going wrong outside of injuries with him? I saw him as a very good 2c around the 50/60point mark. I obviously since I'm in Calgary my viewings are very limited of him now but maybe u guys can give me some insight? I really liked him as a spitfire.
I'm not sure how most other Isles fans feel but I still think Bailey can be a solid top-6 player. He got off to a very hot start a couple of years ago and then got hurt. Wasn't the same when he got back. This past year he struggled, but once he was switched to the wing he started to look much improved. He seems to be a better fit there. He's also always had a lot of chemistry with Okposo, so I expect those two to get a shot together once this season or next season kicks off.

I think Bailey is very close to becoming a quality 2nd line winger. Okposo as well. I expect Strome to center those two and form a quality 2nd line relatively soon.

Old
12-12-2012, 11:53 AM
Islanderfan17

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkman360 View Post
I'm not sure how most other Isles fans feel but I still think Bailey can be a solid top-6 player. He got off to a very hot start a couple of years ago and then got hurt. Wasn't the same when he got back. This past year he struggled, but once he was switched to the wing he started to look much improved. He seems to be a better fit there. He's also always had a lot of chemistry with Okposo, so I expect those two to get a shot together once this season or next season kicks off.

I think Bailey is very close to becoming a quality 2nd line winger. Okposo as well. I expect Strome to center those two and form a quality 2nd line relatively soon.
IMO Okposo is already a quality 2nd line winger, arguably 1st line. Bailey played like a boss, at least for his standards, last season. I was shocked at how good his defensive game was last season, kinda came out of nowhere. Bailey will probably peak as a 2nd line winger and at worst ends up a decent 3rd liner. I don't expect too much out of him honestly. Okposo, on the other hand, I expect to be a 30 goal scorer which he has yet to reach. Strome is going to be a dynamite 2C, though I hope they give him a look on JT's wing.

Islanderfan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2012, 12:30 PM
blinkman360
CdH for Norris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Islanderfan17 View Post
IMO Okposo is already a quality 2nd line winger, arguably 1st line. Bailey played like a boss, at least for his standards, last season. I was shocked at how good his defensive game was last season, kinda came out of nowhere. Bailey will probably peak as a 2nd line winger and at worst ends up a decent 3rd liner. I don't expect too much out of him honestly. Okposo, on the other hand, I expect to be a 30 goal scorer which he has yet to reach. Strome is going to be a dynamite 2C, though I hope they give him a look on JT's wing.
Personally I just don't see a need for that. I used to think that would be the right move, but considering how well Strome has developed, as well as how good he has looked up the middle, combined with the fact that you probably don't need an all-star on Johnny's RW to get all-star caliber production, to me it just doesn't make sense to move Strome to that spot. Especially if keeping him at center gives you a better chance of getting quality secondary scoring from your 2nd line.

I think a guy like Nino could have a lot of success on that 1st line with Tavares. Maybe even Kabanov if he ends up getting a shot. In the end, we could just attempt to sign a guy for this spot or package some prospects/picks for one.

I do agree with Okposo, although I don't think he's a quality 2nd liner yet. He's a decent 2nd liner, but I think he'll really emerge as that borderline great 2nd/decent 1st liner once he gets to play with a talented center(Strome). Bailey will benefit as well, I'm sure.

What might be most encouraging is the fact that we still have Nielsen and Grabner holding down 2/3 of the 3rd line.

Old
12-12-2012, 12:33 PM
scott99

Nice kid, but he's never gonna be more than a 3rd line 40 point guy. His last year in junior hockey, obviously his point total was inflated due to playing with Taylor Hall. I used to get pissed off when people suggested that, and now it seems painfully obvious. Nice to see he's dominating in a terrible league though.

scott99 is offline   Reply With Quote