HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > EA Sports NHL
EA Sports NHL Discussion forum for EA Sports NHL video games.

Bluth Company Universal Trade/Lineup Thread PT 2: Offseason Trade Deadline at 12am!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-30-2012, 06:35 PM
  #801
matt1396
Registered User
 
matt1396's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,100
vCash: 500
based on all the talk of UFA's I think im going to make a list of al the potential big name UFA's out there. Trust me you guys will salivate when you see this list.

matt1396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 06:38 PM
  #802
HabsIslesFan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 249
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt1396 View Post
based on all the talk of UFA's I think im going to make a list of al the potential big name UFA's out there. Trust me you guys will salivate when you see this list.
You could just look at the upcoming UFA list in the game

HabsIslesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 06:40 PM
  #803
matt1396
Registered User
 
matt1396's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,100
vCash: 500
Potential UFA's this offseason:
Malkin
Gaborik
Thornton
Marleau
Lundqvist
Datsyuk
Boyle
Phaneuf
Miller
Sedin Twins
Kessel
Kipprusoff
Pominville
Stastny
Bergeron
M.Michalek
Callahan
Girardi
Letang
Brown
Bouwmeester
Vanek
Heatley
Markov
Pitkanen
Hemsky
Gionta
Whitney
Pavelski
Hiller

matt1396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 06:40 PM
  #804
matt1396
Registered User
 
matt1396's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,100
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsIslesFan View Post
You could just look at the upcoming UFA list in the game
screw that I want actual discussions on the thread lol

matt1396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 06:41 PM
  #805
xVx Santillo
Registered User
 
xVx Santillo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,047
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt1396 View Post
Potential UFA's this offseason:
Malkin
Gaborik
Thornton
Marleau
Lundqvist
Datsyuk
Boyle
Phaneuf
Miller
Sedin Twins
Kessel
Kipprusoff
Pominville
Stastny
Bergeron
M.Michalek
Callahan
Girardi
Letang
Brown
Bouwmeester
Vanek
Heatley
Markov
Pitkanen
Hemsky
Gionta
Whitney
Pavelski
Hiller
thats why its called potential UFA's .. 3/4 of these players (if not close to all) will MOST probably be resigned by their respective teams

xVx Santillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 06:42 PM
  #806
matt1396
Registered User
 
matt1396's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,100
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by xVx Santillo View Post
thats why its called potential UFA's .. 3/4 of these players (if not close to all) will MOST probably be resigned by their respective teams
hey a guy can dream lol but still even if 1/4 of them do hit the market those are some pretty good players and there will still be a good amount of them.

matt1396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 06:44 PM
  #807
slightlystewpid420
Registered User
 
slightlystewpid420's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,398
vCash: 500
lol there were like absolutely no FA's last offseason. We'll see what this offseason brings. If Booty allows offer sheets its a WHOLEEEE new ball game boys.

slightlystewpid420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 06:47 PM
  #808
xVx Santillo
Registered User
 
xVx Santillo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,047
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlystewpid420 View Post
lol there were like absolutely no FA's last offseason. We'll see what this offseason brings. If Booty allows offer sheets its a WHOLEEEE new ball game boys.
I think offer sheets most definately should be allowed..if someone recklessly signs and trades for players with stupid contract $s it will teach them a listen on how to manage a team when they cant match an offer sheet, cruel yes? but thats the game

xVx Santillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 06:48 PM
  #809
matt1396
Registered User
 
matt1396's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,100
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlystewpid420 View Post
lol there were like absolutely no FA's last offseason. We'll see what this offseason brings. If Booty allows offer sheets its a WHOLEEEE new ball game boys.
but there wasn't a huge list like this one, keep in mind I didn't list any decent players, only the top end ones. So if a team wants to keep some depth they might have to let go of their star players in order to sign their depth guys, or sign the star players but let their depth guys go, and i'd have to say the depth guys are pretty good this year as well.

matt1396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 06:58 PM
  #810
avsfan89
Registered User
 
avsfan89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,378
vCash: 500
aren't offer sheets okay only if they havent been signed by a certain period, I think July 5th was discussed since it would be like the 3rd sim of the offseason, if not I'm not mistaken.

avsfan89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 07:05 PM
  #811
Stockey
Let's Go Buffalo!
 
Stockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 2,330
vCash: 500
lol @ Miller, Vanek, and Pominville being UFA

Stockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 07:07 PM
  #812
Gary83*
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2,287
vCash: 500
Oh no plz don't offer sheet Giroux!

Gary83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 07:08 PM
  #813
matt1396
Registered User
 
matt1396's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,100
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary83 View Post
Oh no plz don't offer sheet Giroux!
expect a large one from the penguins

matt1396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 07:08 PM
  #814
slightlystewpid420
Registered User
 
slightlystewpid420's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,398
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by avsfan89 View Post
aren't offer sheets okay only if they havent been signed by a certain period, I think July 5th was discussed since it would be like the 3rd sim of the offseason, if not I'm not mistaken.
Yeah. You have a week(in game time) after the draft to sign all your ufa's rfa's and rookies.

slightlystewpid420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 07:11 PM
  #815
Gary83*
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2,287
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt1396 View Post
expect a large one from the penguins
Sounds good. You get top five picks with Crosby on your roster. So I can expect multiple top ten firsts. Good stuff!

Gary83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 07:12 PM
  #816
matt1396
Registered User
 
matt1396's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,100
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary83 View Post
Sounds good. You get top five picks with Crosby on your roster. So I can expect multiple top ten firsts. Good stuff!
The thing you've forgotten is that I've improved my game, plus Crosby was out for half of the season, and Eriksson out the other half. anyways have fun with my mid round picks and ill definitely enjoy having Giroux play with Sid and Eriksson

matt1396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 07:15 PM
  #817
Jack de la Hoya
Registered User
 
Jack de la Hoya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 12,806
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt1396 View Post
Potential UFA's this offseason:
Malkin
Gaborik
Thornton
Marleau
Lundqvist
Datsyuk
Boyle
Phaneuf
Miller
Sedin Twins
Kessel
Kipprusoff
Pominville
Stastny
Bergeron
M.Michalek
Callahan
Girardi
Letang
Brown
Bouwmeester
Vanek
Heatley
Markov
Pitkanen
Hemsky
Gionta
Whitney
Pavelski
Hiller
That's the one that stood out to me. Out of that entire list, the one guy I would not want on the ice (in the game, not real life) regardless of cost.

Jack de la Hoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 07:16 PM
  #818
Gary83*
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2,287
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt1396 View Post
The thing you've forgotten is that I've improved my game, plus Crosby was out for half of the season, and Eriksson out the other half. anyways have fun with my mid round picks and ill definitely enjoy having Giroux play with Sid and Eriksson
Aren't you like last place in Sitwell as well? That ain't improving, brah.

Gary83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 07:17 PM
  #819
matt1396
Registered User
 
matt1396's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,100
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary83 View Post
Aren't you like last place in Sitwell as well? That ain't improving, brah.
yeah but im in last because of the stupid sim. I went 2-5. In the games ive played they have all been close and there was good action from both sides, so again don't expect top 5 picks from me

matt1396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 08:04 PM
  #820
NYRMatt
Registered User
 
NYRMatt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Pennsylvania
Country: United States
Posts: 2,316
vCash: 1275
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya View Post
I'm thinking that the Rangers acquired Zucker from Pheonix for defensive prospect Connor Murphy--and it just never made it into the official list.
Former Rangers GM here to explain the reasoning behind that... I was really tight last season in FA. The only player that I really wanted to bring in that was UFA was Zucker, I thought I was the only one that offered him a contract, so I just listed him on my roster prematurely. Calgary ended up actually signing him.

As for Bergfors, the GM before me signed him to that ridiculous long-term deal! I just really had him either stuffed in the minors or playing for injured players.

If I had one regret, it was trading Hagelin. I don't mind Brodziak, but prospect Jayden Hart won't amount to much in the time the league is around, so I would probably rather have Hagelin.

Sauer contract is a bit wild looking back, especially with so much defensive talent in the system... He is essentially a 3rd pairing defenseman who should be Top 4. Problem is, Del Zotto / Staal / McDonagh / Girardi are better.

NYRMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 08:11 PM
  #821
Jack de la Hoya
Registered User
 
Jack de la Hoya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 12,806
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRMatt View Post
Former Rangers GM here to explain the reasoning behind that... I was really tight last season in FA. The only player that I really wanted to bring in that was UFA was Zucker, I thought I was the only one that offered him a contract, so I just listed him on my roster prematurely. Calgary ended up actually signing him.

As for Bergfors, the GM before me signed him to that ridiculous long-term deal! I just really had him either stuffed in the minors or playing for injured players.

If I had one regret, it was trading Hagelin. I don't mind Brodziak, but prospect Jayden Hart won't amount to much in the time the league is around, so I would probably rather have Hagelin.

Sauer contract is a bit wild looking back, especially with so much defensive talent in the system... He is essentially a 3rd pairing defenseman who should be Top 4. Problem is, Del Zotto / Staal / McDonagh / Girardi are better.
You know, that all makes sense to me.

I thought the trade was Zucker for Hagelin. That was the head-scratcher. (In addition to the Bergfors contract--he be waiver bound, I suspect).

Sauer is a good player in the game. I'll likely keep him for the reason you say--unless it becomes an obstacle to signing more pressing players.

Brodziak fills a need at 3C, so the Hagelin deal was fine.

Thanks for the help!

Jack de la Hoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 08:59 PM
  #822
NYRMatt
Registered User
 
NYRMatt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Pennsylvania
Country: United States
Posts: 2,316
vCash: 1275
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya View Post
You know, that all makes sense to me.

I thought the trade was Zucker for Hagelin. That was the head-scratcher. (In addition to the Bergfors contract--he be waiver bound, I suspect).

Sauer is a good player in the game. I'll likely keep him for the reason you say--unless it becomes an obstacle to signing more pressing players.

Brodziak fills a need at 3C, so the Hagelin deal was fine.

Thanks for the help!
No problem!

Three seasons in, how is McIlrath and Kreider's overall? Really dissapointed in player growth in this game... Any significant risers on the Rangers?

NYRMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 09:09 PM
  #823
Jack de la Hoya
Registered User
 
Jack de la Hoya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 12,806
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRMatt View Post
No problem!

Three seasons in, how is McIlrath and Kreider's overall? Really dissapointed in player growth in this game... Any significant risers on the Rangers?
We haven't advanced yet, so I'm not sure.

Jack de la Hoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 09:11 PM
  #824
NYRMatt
Registered User
 
NYRMatt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Pennsylvania
Country: United States
Posts: 2,316
vCash: 1275
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya View Post
We haven't advanced yet, so I'm not sure.
Oh yeah.

Duh~

Alright man, well hopefully I didn't handicap you too badly. A lot of the depth players were only signed for one season, so you should have a little bit of flexibility coming your way. Redden is gone too! Rejoice!

NYRMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2012, 01:48 PM
  #825
xVx Santillo
Registered User
 
xVx Santillo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,047
vCash: 500
Willing to listen to offers on Lombardi...id like a LW in return (maybe a RW)

xVx Santillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:15 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.