Mod Supervisor

vCash: 264
Yikes, Couturier off the post.

Old
11-28-2012, 08:31 PM
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator

vCash: 200
Hahahhaha! Gagnon can't BUY a goal. Missed on an open net. 0PTS for him so far this year - yikes.

Old
11-28-2012, 09:14 PM
ps241
The Danish Dash!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
Offense finally starting to come around. It seems just as we as a board begin to turn on a player for lack of offense he comes around (ie Wheeler, Ladd, Kane last year)
Yea Truck and Garret (before his Day job got in the way) were making a pretty compelling case that the bad puck luck would turn around at some point......believe Ladd Little Wheeler were the examples sighted but our advanced stats super duo!!

Old
11-28-2012, 10:20 PM
truck
HFB Partner

vCash: 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by ps241 View Post
Yea Truck and Garret (before his Day job got in the way) were making a pretty compelling case that the bad puck luck would turn around at some point......believe Ladd Little Wheeler were the examples sighted but our advanced stats super duo!!
Proud

Old
11-28-2012, 10:33 PM
DespoticNewt

vCash: 234
My word. 2 wins in a row? Is this the start of something?

Old
11-30-2012, 01:08 PM
JusticeBeaver
Twitter: @gar****al

vCash: 500
http://www.cbc.ca/22minutes/videos/c...-williams.html

Sorry for reposting if it has been (im sure it has). Good on the ice caps
going along with cbc for the skit. Funny watching burmi throw the gloves down and try to find somebody to dance with. Still trying to figure out the two who are fighting at the end of that scene

Old
11-30-2012, 03:31 PM
scelaton

Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticeBeaver View Post
http://www.cbc.ca/22minutes/videos/c...-williams.html

Sorry for reposting if it has been (im sure it has). Good on the ice caps
going along with cbc for the skit. Funny watching burmi throw the gloves down and try to find somebody to dance with. Still trying to figure out the two who are fighting at the end of that scene
Good for Danny Williams! Love the part where he is picking up the jockstraps from the floor.

Old
11-30-2012, 06:09 PM
Hammer Slammer

Send a message via AIM to Hammer Slammer

Last edited by Hammer Slammer: 11-30-2012 at 06:15 PM.
Old
11-30-2012, 06:10 PM
puck stoppa

I haven't had the chance to watch many games this year and the ones I have seen Pasquale was not in net. I was really high on him before the season and thought he would have a better year than Deks and based on the numbers this appears to be true. However, I was hoping that someone who watches most games can fill me in on Pasquale's overall performance this year. Does he have a shot to be a back in the NHL in the next few years? I think he'll get there eventually but how has he played all year? Thanks in advance for your info.

Old
11-30-2012, 06:11 PM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

Game Time

Jaffray – Burmistrov – Machacek
Telegin – Maxwell – Klingberg
Sides – Macenauer – Sawada
Clark – Gagnon – Gregoire

Melchiori – Postma
Arsene – Redmond
Meech – Chiarot

(not listed in any particular order)
bye!

PP1: Klingberg-Maxwell-Machacek, Burmistrov-Meech
PP2: Telegin-Macenauer-Jaffray, Redmond-Postma
(why have Burmi not on the halfboards? why have two LH on one unit and two RH on the other? no clue...)

Last edited by garret9: 11-30-2012 at 06:53 PM.
Old
11-30-2012, 06:35 PM
Mathieu

Is there a stream for tonight game ?

Or just let me know where to find it so I won't have to ask every time.

Thanks.

Old
11-30-2012, 07:09 PM
DespoticNewt

Again, it seems like every other team but the IceCaps have a stream up. :/

Old
11-30-2012, 07:19 PM
Eggers
:panic:

Send a message via AIM to Eggers
Quote:
Originally Posted by DespoticNewt View Post
Again, it seems like every other team but the IceCaps have a stream up. :/
Nuts, I just came from the Devils board looking for one. Albany never seems to have a stream either.

Old
11-30-2012, 07:35 PM
DespoticNewt

looooooooool

Brian Rogers is giving it to the PA announcer at the arena for pronouncing Jaffray 'Jaff-ray'.

Old
11-30-2012, 07:41 PM
Hammer Slammer

Send a message via AIM to Hammer Slammer
Quote:
looooooooool

Brian Rogers is giving it to the PA announcer at the arena for pronouncing Jaffray 'Jaff-ray'.
Hahaha it's killing me. "I just turned the PA feed off"

Old
11-30-2012, 08:03 PM
DespoticNewt

Woo, Pasquale with back to back shutouts in a 1-0 effort.

Old
11-30-2012, 08:24 PM
truck
HFB Partner

Quote:
Woo, Pasquale with back to back shutouts in a 1-0 effort.
SO in 2 of his last 3. No?

Old
11-30-2012, 08:55 PM
DespoticNewt

Quote:
Originally Posted by truck View Post
SO in 2 of his last 3. No?
Yup. Whoops, forgot that the IceCaps played the Phantoms in between the P.Bruins and tonight's game. Still, 2 SO in the last 3 games. He looks like he's back to the form that took them to the conference finals last year.

Old
11-30-2012, 10:28 PM
truck
HFB Partner

Quote:
Yup. Whoops, forgot that the IceCaps played the Phantoms in between the P.Bruins and tonight's game. Still, 2 SO in the last 3 games. He looks like he's back to the form that took them to the conference finals last year.
Yeah. He is rolling now.

Old
11-30-2012, 10:50 PM
sipowicz
The Original

vCash: 1989
Come on Burmi, score a goal!

http://theahl.com/stats/statdisplay....id=-1&confId=0

Old
11-30-2012, 10:56 PM
Duir
Registered Bunk

We have all talked about Burmi and how his progression is making out...but for those who have watched the Caps live or on TV, I would like to know how Telegin has been fitting in? He was all the hype for all the right reasons in the O last year, curious to hear transition to date in the A.

Old
11-30-2012, 11:30 PM
scelaton

Quote:
Originally Posted by sipowicz View Post
Yeah, he's mighty low down in the stats right now (among >800 players listed):
Goals--356th in AHL
Assists--71st in AHL

But the road to redemption is short:
If he scores 2 more goals, he moves to #178, half-way to the top, a couple more and he's #83
and,
If, by some miracle (or statistical regression to the mean, as Garret/Truck would explain it) his line mates shots start going in and he gets 4 assists in the next game, all of a sudden he'll be top 10 in the league.

Old
12-01-2012, 12:10 AM
DespoticNewt

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBunk View Post
We have all talked about Burmi and how his progression is making out...but for those who have watched the Caps live or on TV, I would like to know how Telegin has been fitting in? He was all the hype for all the right reasons in the O last year, curious to hear transition to date in the A.
I'm interested in this as well. The hype around Telegin has been a bit shuttered due to Burmi being on the rock, so that hasn't been much news about his progression so far. He seems to be a decent forechecker and is in the offensive zone for a decent portion of his minutes, but it also doesn't sound like he's playing a lot of minutes.

Old
12-01-2012, 02:28 AM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBunk View Post
Watching the IceCaps and doing a bit of statistical runnings (don't tell my supervisor) have been the only vacation from school/work I've had lately. I've only missed 2 games so far in the regular season.

I may break down more of the players a bit during the exam break... we'll see. For now I'll just do my favourite IceCap line: Telegin - O`Dell - Klingberg

It's definitely been interesting seeing the coach put the youth together. They have very strong chemistry and as a line on average are probably the IceCaps best and most productive. Their speed on the wings makes this line a ridiculously good forechecking unit. Multiple times I've seen the other teams puck career gets pressured early in their own zone, he then quickly passes it away only to have that guy pressured early as well. This tends to cause the other team to make a lot of mistakes in their own zone.

Klingberg said he wanted to push for the net more this year and strive to get into those dirty areas. Because of this he's getting closer to the net and has seen his SH% raise this year, although it is probably still a lil' high for his norm (this year is 16% last year was 10%). He is definitely the main shooter of the line with the highest SOG/GP (1.88) but last year this was higher (2.38) so it'll be interesting to see if his shots go up as his sh% goes down or not. Either way, he seems to be transferring to the NA style well in his second year. Guy forechecks hard and his speed works well with Telegin playing the opposite wing.

O`Dell was a decently successful OHLer with all but one of his 4 seasons being over a pt/gp (which was 0.97 in his draft +1 year) but then had some setbacks due to heart surgery... because of this he's Truck's new pet prospect. He seems to be the secondary shooter with 1.62 SOG/GP which is about the same as last year so probably consistent with what we should expect. What's really weird is he's posting a 19% sh%, which is also the same as last seasons... but 88 SOG isn't a huge survey size.

Telegin usually doesn't look like a rookie, and really hasn't at all since his first few games, which is a good sign in my mind. It's also a good thing because he seems to fit even with playing a different role. In Barrie, Telegin was the main shooter, with Pearson the secondary and Scheifele the playmaker. In St John's, Klingberg is the main shooter, with O'Dell the secondary and Telegin the playmaker. The only forward on the IceCaps who seems to surpass Telegin in creative playmaking has been Burmistrov. Telegin will likely have to keep this role if he continues to have the smaller share of the pie of shots, with him posting currently 1.40 SOG/GP.

With O`Dell being injured, Maxwell has filled in the role for C this line. Other than that, this has been the most consistent line makeup for the IceCaps, as the rest have been juggled continuously, trying to find the chemistry to get the vets out of their scoring ruts.

Last edited by garret9: 12-01-2012 at 02:41 AM. Reason: bolding names
Old
12-01-2012, 02:49 AM
DespoticNewt

Thank you, Garret.

Closed Thread