HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Top 3 foward, or a good 6, to the habs

Old
11-29-2012, 08:47 AM
glenbuis

vCash: 500
Please we gotta get away from smaller soft forwards especially at center. I loved Koivu and he was an inspiration but if u looked at game clips he was bumped off the puck every game. Desharnais is special to but we have to get grittier and meaner. Our love affair with midgets has gotta stop. Desharnais, Gionta, now Gallagher coming. We will never advance four rounds with them. When thinking about aquiring skill guys, try thinking about the ones that have some size and play with a bit of an edge. Like backes and benn. The last two cup winners were huge and tough to play against. You can forget about nhl owners ever expanding ice surfaces and losing a few hundred seats. It will be played on 200 by 85 for a long time and its only gonna keep getting faster. I am happy to see that Bergevin is looking for gritty players, lets leave the small ones and the gentlemen out there for the leafs.

glenbuis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2012, 08:47 PM
rockinghockey

If Des can be a number two than Plek can be traded away; I can see Plek and prospects could get a decent top 6 winger.

rockinghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 02:10 AM
Habitant le colon

If we can land one of Couturier or Benn for a Subban + Gallagher deal. I would try a deal around Plekanec + Diaz vs D-man comming back.

Habitant le colon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 10:30 AM
Noob616

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenbuis View Post
Please we gotta get away from smaller soft forwards especially at center. I loved Koivu and he was an inspiration but if u looked at game clips he was bumped off the puck every game. Desharnais is special to but we have to get grittier and meaner. Our love affair with midgets has gotta stop. Desharnais, Gionta, now Gallagher coming. We will never advance four rounds with them. When thinking about aquiring skill guys, try thinking about the ones that have some size and play with a bit of an edge. Like backes and benn. The last two cup winners were huge and tough to play against. You can forget about nhl owners ever expanding ice surfaces and losing a few hundred seats. It will be played on 200 by 85 for a long time and its only gonna keep getting faster. I am happy to see that Bergevin is looking for gritty players, lets leave the small ones and the gentlemen out there for the leafs.
Our team isn't losing because we don't have size, we're losing because we're devoid of top level talent (as well as a porous D corps). Trading Cammalleri and Kostitsyn gave us a serious hole in the lineup as far as offensive skill goes. Also, on the entire team the only player I'd call small is Desharnais, he's the only "soft" player we have. I know the hockey media tells Habs fans that small players is the problem, but Gionta doesn't play small, and he's not easy to bump off the puck. I'm not happy to see Bergevin looking for gritty players if it means signing guys like Brandon Prust to 10 million dollar contracts, that's not the way to win. Sure, if we could have Desharnais at 6'2" 215 I'd rather have him with size, but it doesn't mean we should just trade him away because he's not "gritty".

Our projected lineup:

Pacioretty-DD-Cole
Bourque-Plekanec-Gionta
Moen-Eller-Prust
Leblanc/Nokelainen-White-Armstrong

Do you see a size issue there? Because I don't. I see one "soft" player flanked by two bull power forwards with size, speed, and strength, and one small winger who plays bigger than he is playing on a two way defensive line. The bottom 6 speaks for itself, none of those guys are easily pushed around. But go ahead, keep letting "hockey experts" who watch the Habs play 4 times a year tell you what the problem is. Desharnais and Gionta are obviously the problem, it can't have anything to do with Markov being injured all year, and the rest of our D after Gorges-Subban being a bunch of 3rd pairing guys.

Last edited by Noob616: 11-30-2012 at 10:37 AM.
Noob616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 12:12 PM
glenbuis

ur penciling in a line up with prust and armstrong for toughness that we had nobody pushing around when they haven't played a game for us. I love desharnais but if you were the opposing defenceman with the puck, you realize you can take that extra look because ur not gonna get hammered. When it comes to Markov, hes had that knee rebuilt now umpteen times so yeah its nice when hes in the lineup but i wouldnt count on to many more games from him. It will be nice to have Prust around to drop the gloves with Lucic and thornton. Also someone else to go when hes in the box. Do you think sabres fans liked what happened to their team after Miller was steamrolled and nobody did anything. They were never the same. Yes we need to upgrade our skill guys but i would just like to see that when were trying to get that upgrade that these newcomers have a bit of an edge.

Old
11-30-2012, 03:16 PM
sharks9

Quote:
ur penciling in a line up with prust and armstrong for toughness that we had nobody pushing around when they haven't played a game for us. I love desharnais but if you were the opposing defenceman with the puck, you realize you can take that extra look because ur not gonna get hammered. When it comes to Markov, hes had that knee rebuilt now umpteen times so yeah its nice when hes in the lineup but i wouldnt count on to many more games from him. It will be nice to have Prust around to drop the gloves with Lucic and thornton. Also someone else to go when hes in the box. Do you think sabres fans liked what happened to their team after Miller was steamrolled and nobody did anything. They were never the same. Yes we need to upgrade our skill guys but i would just like to see that when were trying to get that upgrade that these newcomers have a bit of an edge.
Who cares if they haven't played a game for us yet? Prust led the league in fights last year, it's not like he's gonna stop just because he's on the Habs. Not really, Desharnais can still easily stick check them and take the puck away if they hold on for it for too long, he had 36 takeaways this year and only 24 giveaways, the best differential on our team.

Markov has played 24 games since he cam back from injury, his knee is fine. They came 9th so it's not like their team was absolutely destroyed by it.

That's the exact reason we went out and got Prust! You can't have a team that's 100% 6'3 200-pound power forwards. For a team that has struggled to get offence for the past few years we need guys who can put up points in our top-6, save the fighting for our goons in the bottom 6.

sharks9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 04:02 PM
glenbuis

In the series between Pitts/phil Giroux,s team wins but they are spent. Giroux claims Crosby was responsible for the wrist surgery that he needed after the playoffs because of his slashing him at the face-off dot. I know we cant have Crosby but i want guys like him with a win at all costs attitude. You know guys like backes, benn, richards, doan, s.weber who will take your head and ram it into the turnbuckle. When we advanced to the final four three yrs ago we hit a wall because nobody wanted to go near there net with Pronger there. Because you knew he would take a two minute penalty for slashing ur arm off. Not very nice but you weren't coming back to the net. After 12 exhibition, 82 regular season games you have to built for potentially 28 more harder games. Midgets and soft guys need not apply. Skilled guys with character (and hopefully size) please do.

Old
11-30-2012, 05:02 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Bla-bla-bla... Let's have a season before making any other plans!

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 07:37 PM
Chacal667

I'm tired of having a defensive team the last player who scored 50 goals with the habs was Guy Lafleur, I want some guys with skills and for that we need to gear up in prospect, we started well with Galchenyuk, now let's get Mackinnon.

But for that we have to get more weak, by trading a guy like plekanec for other prospects or a young and potentially good top 3-6 foward.

We already have 3 big pieces in Defense with Subban, Tinordi and Price so I think the futur could be great.

Chacal667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 09:10 PM
glenbuis

I could go along with that philosophy to. Mackinnon would be awesome(gritty) Im worried about subban though. I mean i know hes a scrapper, he's fought with 4 of his teammates so far. Just something about chemistry. Package him with something for a benn or a lottery pick and use plekanac for another d maybe.

Old
11-30-2012, 09:29 PM
Rorschach
Fearful Symmetry

What sort of picks could you give for Loktionov and Thomas Hickey? Kings don't have a 1st rounder this year. These players are good but LA has too much depth on the NHL roster...

Rorschach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 10:50 PM
sharks9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach View Post
What sort of picks could you give for Loktionov and Thomas Hickey? Kings don't have a 1st rounder this year. These players are good but LA has too much depth on the NHL roster...
Unless you're giving up an established top 6 forward our first rounder is going nowhere.

We have 3 2nd rounders but trading one of them would have to be for a decent forward prospect, not sure what LA has in that department.

sharks9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 11:35 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chacal667 View Post
... the last player who scored 50 goals with the habs was Guy Lafleur...
Wrong.

Old
11-30-2012, 11:47 PM
Oshie97

What would the Habs give up for Perron, would hate to see him go and he won't be cheap but I could see him excelling in Montreal.

Oshie97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2012, 12:00 AM
glenbuis

I know subban would look good there but we wood need something else. What else do you need.

Old
12-01-2012, 12:07 AM
glenbuis

Imean i could see ur willingness to part with Perron but we couldnt bet the farm on him u know ( injuries and all). Throw in backes and look at another roster player, prospect and a second. Don,t forget Subban.

Old
12-01-2012, 01:10 AM
glenbuis

okay

Last edited by glenbuis: 12-01-2012 at 09:14 PM.
Old
12-01-2012, 01:16 AM
Reverend Mayhem
Freeway's closed man

vCash: 940
Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
Plekanec for Burrows?

Reverend Mayhem is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2012, 01:16 AM
Reverend Mayhem
Freeway's closed man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
Wrong.
That would be Stephane Richer, if I'm not mistaken.

Old
12-01-2012, 09:01 AM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend Mayhem View Post
Plekanec for Burrows?
Vancouver does not need centermen.

Old
12-01-2012, 12:11 PM
Chacal667

Plekanec for Burrows is a kind of deal that i would look for, but plekanec > burrows, so you should throw a lil something more, to balance the thing.

Chacal667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2012, 01:19 PM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oshie97 View Post
What would the Habs give up for Perron, would hate to see him go and he won't be cheap but I could see him excelling in Montreal.
What are your needs? Is Perron considered a core player in STL right now? Would you be willing to talk in terms of draft picks, prospects or more immediate help at an other position?

MTL is interested because as the thread states, we have an opening for a top 6 winger of his potential.

poetryinmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2012, 01:26 PM
McTank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takashi View Post
big no from the habs
I think jets would give a big no too

McTank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2012, 03:25 AM
Reverend Mayhem
Freeway's closed man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
Vancouver does not need centermen.
Actually, we need a de facto third-line center...What do you think DD would look like as a third-line center for a team with Stanley Cup aspirations? I really liked his work ethic last year, but I only watch like 9 or 10 Hab games a year.

Either that or we could trade Kesler too and really blow this up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chacal667 View Post
Plekanec for Burrows is a kind of deal that i would look for, but plekanec > burrows, so you should throw a lil something more, to balance the thing.
I'd throw a 3rd rounder no more, as much as I like Pleks I might like Burr just as much.

Old
12-02-2012, 07:21 AM
Oshie97

Quote:
Imean i could see ur willingness to part with Perron but we couldnt bet the farm on him u know ( injuries and all). Throw in backes and look at another roster player, prospect and a second. Don,t forget Subban.
Keep dreaming, you don't have what we would want for Backes and Perron. He has had one injury and is 100% now. Blues have plenty of wingers and would probably move one for a left d man or center.

Oshie97 is offline   Reply With Quote