HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Notices

Buffalo Bills: Offseason (6-10; Gailey and staff fired, Brandon now President)

Closed Thread

Old
11-29-2012, 09:02 AM
OkimLom

vCash: 500
Regardless of when we draft a QB(if we draft one this draft), I don't feel comfortable in the development of that QB with this coaching staff. This is the same coaching staff that has outcoached itself with making head scratching decisions on the field when they could've easily made the simple play and has botched the playing mechanics of a "veteran" QB. Imagine if they did this with a average IQ quarterback or a rookie QB.

We haven't developed ONE QB in two decades. With as little success as we have had, and its little success, we have done it with other Franchise's QB's looking for one final career Push.

Old
11-29-2012, 11:14 AM
dma0034

vCash: 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo87 View Post
Now you're just running in circles. We're talking about Buffalo's draft needs, you're talking about a WR that can open up things for Stevie and how with that, it wouldn't matter who's throwing them the ball. And I was out of line to assume you were applying that to the Bills offense?

Regardless, I'm all about the draft a LB in the 1st round (unless Smith makes it to us) and then a QB in the 2nd, or even 3rd if you like guys that will be slipping to that round. There seems to be a cluster of guys in that 2nd tier, it's possible that one or two fall farther down the draft board. If you wait until the 3rd to draft a QB, I'm looking CB or Safety in the 2nd round.
You seem to be not getting the point. I'm looking at MORE THAN ONE DRAFT. QB IS WEAK IN THIS DRAFT THEREFORE YOU DRAFT OTHER NEEDS ie: WR, LB, DB AND DRAFT A QB NEXT YEAR..... this really isn't that difficult.... picking up a QB after the 1st round is a complete waste and yes WRs that aren't Stevie Johnson (Graham, Jones) are having difficulties getting open consistently.

This team wants a franchise QB but there is only 1-2 in this draft. Better to draft weapons for him this year to give him a chance to succeed next year (not unlike Marvin Harrison and Peyton Manning)

Old
11-29-2012, 11:57 AM
Ralonzo
Я хочу!

Send a message via Yahoo to Ralonzo
Quote:
Originally Posted by dma0034 View Post
picking up a QB after the 1st round is a complete waste
Colin Kaepernick and Andy Dalton say hi

Old
11-29-2012, 12:10 PM
is the answer jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralonzo View Post
Exactly. What a waste of a draft pick Aaron Williams has been, the pick should have been one of Dalton or Kaepernick then the bills would at least have another option to play in place of Fitz.

Old
11-29-2012, 12:19 PM
Taro Tsujimoto

vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to Taro Tsujimoto
And in the "Gee, what a surprise" department, Sunday's game has been blacked out:

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/art...0-148075ea25c1

Old
11-29-2012, 01:11 PM
dma0034

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralonzo View Post
Different Draft Class.

People clearly don't understand what I'm saying at all. Because the 2013 QB prospects are poor this year the Bills would be better passing on all QBs in this draft and picking up a WR, LB and CB in the first 3 rounds and selecting a QB in next year's draft.

Old
11-29-2012, 02:24 PM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taro Tsujimoto View Post
And in the "Gee, what a surprise" department, Sunday's game has been blacked out:

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/art...0-148075ea25c1
I was listening to WGR yesterday and i'll tell you what's surprising. Brandon came on and said since 1990 December has been a tough sell for the Bills. I mean you had 9 great years there. Apparently it's not all about winning. I guess I could see that. December is a tough month, people penny pinching for the holidays and all, it's not like theres a lot of cash floating around by your average upstate ny resident to begin with.

Old
11-29-2012, 02:41 PM
dma0034

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK Triple Threat View Post
I was listening to WGR yesterday and i'll tell you what's surprising. Brandon came on and said since 1990 December has been a tough sell for the Bills. I mean you had 9 great years there. Apparently it's not all about winning. I guess I could see that. December is a tough month, people penny pinching for the holidays and all, it's not like theres a lot of cash floating around by your average upstate ny resident to begin with.
The Cold Weather is the biggest concern with most of the people I know. A couple years ago I got four free tickets to a December game and called everyone I knew and could barely get three other people.... they wanted to leave at half time because it was cold. If the Bills were a dome team I think they'd sell out more often.

Old
11-29-2012, 03:02 PM
TheyAreGoodScaryGood

Quote:
Different Draft Class.

People clearly don't understand what I'm saying at all. Because the 2013 QB prospects are poor this year the Bills would be better passing on all QBs in this draft and picking up a WR, LB and CB in the first 3 rounds and selecting a QB in next year's draft.
Agreed, more worried about our D than our offense but we could use another top WR

Old
11-29-2012, 04:56 PM
Buffalo87
thehosers dot com

Quote:
You seem to be not getting the point. I'm looking at MORE THAN ONE DRAFT. QB IS WEAK IN THIS DRAFT THEREFORE YOU DRAFT OTHER NEEDS ie: WR, LB, DB AND DRAFT A QB NEXT YEAR..... this really isn't that difficult.... picking up a QB after the 1st round is a complete waste and yes WRs that aren't Stevie Johnson (Graham, Jones) are having difficulties getting open consistently.

This team wants a franchise QB but there is only 1-2 in this draft. Better to draft weapons for him this year to give him a chance to succeed next year (not unlike Marvin Harrison and Peyton Manning)
You sound like those guys on WGR. Somebody disagreeing with you doesn't mean they're missing the point.

I'm not missing your point, I'm aware you're talking more than one draft and you think it's a waste to draft a QB this year. And I'm saying I disagree. You try to pass off Kaepernick and Dalton as invalid examples, but they were no better prospects than the 2nd tier guys in this draft. The fact is, you refuse to admit that you CAN pull starting QBs from guys who aren't considered "franchise QBs".

Is another draft year going to be better than this year in terms of QB? Quite possibly. What I'm saying is that I see QB as a desperate need, and there is the potential to get a starting QB from the guys in this draft. I also don't view WR as anywhere near the top of the list for needs. And it's not like this is an extraordinary year for WR, so why pass up possibly the #1 area of need for the Bills in a weak draft for that position for a different need in what isn't an exceptionally strong year for that position either.

Just because I don't agree that drafting a WR high in this draft and waiting for a QB in future years is a good idea, it doesn't mean I'm missing the point.

Old
11-29-2012, 05:58 PM
Taro Tsujimoto

vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to Taro Tsujimoto
Rumor has it that Jeremy Jacobs is interested in buying the Bills, and keeping them in Buffalo. Of course, he'd have to sell the Bruins first, due to NFL rules (you can't own an NFL team if you own another pro sports team in a different NFL market).

Old
11-29-2012, 06:11 PM
dma0034

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo87 View Post
You sound like those guys on WGR. Somebody disagreeing with you doesn't mean they're missing the point.

I'm not missing your point, I'm aware you're talking more than one draft and you think it's a waste to draft a QB this year. And I'm saying I disagree. You try to pass off Kaepernick and Dalton as invalid examples, but they were no better prospects than the 2nd tier guys in this draft. The fact is, you refuse to admit that you CAN pull starting QBs from guys who aren't considered "franchise QBs".

Is another draft year going to be better than this year in terms of QB? Quite possibly. What I'm saying is that I see QB as a desperate need, and there is the potential to get a starting QB from the guys in this draft. I also don't view WR as anywhere near the top of the list for needs. And it's not like this is an extraordinary year for WR, so why pass up possibly the #1 area of need for the Bills in a weak draft for that position for a different need in what isn't an exceptionally strong year for that position either.

Just because I don't agree that drafting a WR high in this draft and waiting for a QB in future years is a good idea, it doesn't mean I'm missing the point.
Oh okay you aren't missing the point you're just plain wrong. First don't use Kaepernick as an example... 2 games doesn't prove anything (Russell Wilson is a better example).

But since you like Dalton so much; here are his stats and Fitzs:

63.4% 2,769yrds 23td 11int (Dalton)
61.5% 2,359yrds 18td 11int (Fitz)
---
Those look very similar..... but Dalton is throwing to this guy:
A.J Green 67 catches for 1022 yards and 10 TDs
vs.
Stevie Johnson 53 catches for 687 yards and 4 TDs

So taking away each team's top receiver:
Dalton: 1,747 13TDs
Fitz: 1672 14TDs

Please do not down play the importance of a Number 1 Receiver in an offense or you'll end up thinking Dalton is a franchise QB and Fitzpatrick isn't

Old
11-29-2012, 07:08 PM
Buffalo87
thehosers dot com

Quote:
Oh okay you aren't missing the point you're just plain wrong. First don't use Kaepernick as an example... 2 games doesn't prove anything (Russell Wilson is a better example).

---
vs.

Please do not down play the importance of a Number 1 Receiver in an offense or you'll end up thinking Dalton is a franchise QB and Fitzpatrick isn't
Wrong about? My opinion that they should take a QB in the 2nd or 3rd and defense in the 1st? Ok...

You're correct on Kaepernick, he's not a good example.

I'd call Dalton's numbers better than Fitz across the board, and he's 5 years younger. I'm not even going to touch your attempt with eliminating Johnson and Green's numbers because it collapses in on itself.

Old
11-29-2012, 08:42 PM
Dabs21Nike

Quote:

---
vs.

Dalton is in his 2nd year, and improving.
Fitzpatrick is in his 8th year. We've basically seen what he can do.

Dalton was a 2nd round pick, so scouts saw potential.
Fitzpatrick was a 7th round pick. Every team passed on him several times.

I'd take Dalton 10x out of 10 over Fitz, and it's not even close.

Old
11-30-2012, 12:08 AM
dma0034

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabs21Nike View Post
Dalton is in his 2nd year, and improving.
Fitzpatrick is in his 8th year. We've basically seen what he can do.

Dalton was a 2nd round pick, so scouts saw potential.
Fitzpatrick was a 7th round pick. Every team passed on him several times.

I'd take Dalton 10x out of 10 over Fitz, and it's not even close.
And Brady was picked in the 6th... Montana was picked in the 3rd.... You know two of the greatest QBs ever? But that rarely happens.... How many starting QBs were picked outside the 1st round and still starting?

So just off the top of my head:

Tannehill, Sanchez, Flacco, Roethlisburger, Weedon, Rivers, Manning, Palmer, Luck, Locker, Gabbert.... theres the AFC.... I forget if Schaub was a 1st or not for Atlanta So 11 out of the 16 are picked in the 1st round..... There is a reason for that.... yes you'll find QBs out of the 1st round that have had success... Brees, Brady, Romo.... but it's a lot harder now to have a starting QB picked after Round 1 since people have figured out how to properly rate QBs at the College Level.

Old
11-30-2012, 08:15 AM
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taro Tsujimoto View Post
Rumor has it that Jeremy Jacobs is interested in buying the Bills, and keeping them in Buffalo. Of course, he'd have to sell the Bruins first, due to NFL rules (you can't own an NFL team if you own another pro sports team in a different NFL market).
There have been rumors about this person or that being 'interested' in buying the Bills for the last 20 years.

No sense speculating about it until Mr. Wilson passes.

Old
11-30-2012, 08:59 AM
Crazy Tasty

Quote:
And Brady was picked in the 6th... Montana was picked in the 3rd.... You know two of the greatest QBs ever? But that rarely happens.... How many starting QBs were picked outside the 1st round and still starting?

So just off the top of my head:

Tannehill, Sanchez, Flacco, Roethlisburger, Weedon, Rivers, Manning, Palmer, Luck, Locker, Gabbert.... theres the AFC.... I forget if Schaub was a 1st or not for Atlanta So 11 out of the 16 are picked in the 1st round..... There is a reason for that.... yes you'll find QBs out of the 1st round that have had success... Brees, Brady, Romo.... but it's a lot harder now to have a starting QB picked after Round 1 since people have figured out how to properly rate QBs at the College Level.
Nope, he was a 3rd rounder.

Old
11-30-2012, 12:36 PM
johnjm22

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2012...tension-report

Best Bills' related news I've heard in a while.

Old
11-30-2012, 04:05 PM
dma0034

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2012...tension-report

Best Bills' related news I've heard in a while.
Resigning Byrd and to a less degree the other three he named are huge for Buffalo.

When did the rule you couldn't own teams in different cities come into place? Ed DeBartolo owned the Penguins and 49ers in the late 90s.

Old
11-30-2012, 10:19 PM
Better Call Saul

Quote:

---
vs.

Horrible analysis. In addition to the inexplicable notion that passes thrown to No. 1 receivers don't count (let's wipe out all of Montana's completions to Rice while we're at it), you ignore the fact that Dalton is only in his second year and has made enormous strides since last season.

Fitzpatrick has a better TD/INT ratio than last season, which is nice, but he's stagnating otherwise. His biggest problem is that he's completely unable to throw downfield, evidenced by his 27th-place yards-per-attempt ranking and the fact that he's the least accurate QB on passes over 20 yards by a large margin. The only QBs with lower YPAs are Cassel, Kolb, Hasselbeck, Weeden, Ponder, Gabbert and Skelton. It's fitting that Fitzpatrick is in their company because all of them are terrible.

Back to Dalton's clear progress...

Dalton as a rookie: 58.1 completion percentage, 6.59 YPA, 1.25 TDs per game, .81 INTs per game

Dalton this year: 63.4 completion percentage, 7.4 YPA, 2.09 TDs per game, 1.00 INTs per game

One guy is improving significantly and making his way into the upper tier of NFL QBs; the other is stuck in mediocrity and will never escape it.

Old
11-30-2012, 11:14 PM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

Quote:
The Cold Weather is the biggest concern with most of the people I know. A couple years ago I got four free tickets to a December game and called everyone I knew and could barely get three other people.... they wanted to leave at half time because it was cold. If the Bills were a dome team I think they'd sell out more often.
Cha ching...NEW STADIUM on the waterfront...needs to happen.

But honestly the game is so much better to watch on TV, I live outside of the 90 mile radius so I will get Sundays game and the others, luckily not an issue for me.

Old
11-30-2012, 11:17 PM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beechsack View Post
There have been rumors about this person or that being 'interested' in buying the Bills for the last 20 years.

No sense speculating about it until Mr. Wilson passes.
Which with our luck won't be for another 20 years.

Old
11-30-2012, 11:24 PM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

Quote:
Resigning Byrd and to a less degree the other three he named are huge for Buffalo.

When did the rule you couldn't own teams in different cities come into place? Ed DeBartolo owned the Penguins and 49ers in the late 90s.
Byrd, Levitre and Moore yes.

McKelvin no unless hes a sppecial teamer only.

Old
11-30-2012, 11:27 PM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

I want whatever Charlie Casserly is smoking:

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2012/1...in-the-league/

Gailey sucks. He calls a good scheme and thats about all I agree with. Hes a pathetic situational playcaller.

Apparently Charlie missed Sunday's game, the end of the Patriots game and the Texans game. Two of those tey abandoned the run and in the other with the game on the line Gailey sends his rookie out to run a route he's never done in game action before.

Old
12-01-2012, 12:36 AM
Myllz
Pavelski Lite

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK Triple Threat View Post
I want whatever Charlie Casserly is smoking:

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2012/1...in-the-league/

Gailey sucks. He calls a good scheme and thats about all I agree with. Hes a pathetic situational playcaller.

Apparently Charlie missed Sunday's game, the end of the Patriots game and the Texans game. Two of those tey abandoned the run and in the other with the game on the line Gailey sends his rookie out to run a route he's never done in game action before.
He said it on the John Murphy show. Of course he's going to say something stupid and meaningless.

Closed Thread