HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The KHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The KHL Discuss the Continental Hockey League (Kontinentalnaya Hokkeynaya Liga).

KHL (Kontinental Hockey League) 2012-2013 season part II

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-30-2012, 12:56 PM
  #276
BalticWarrior
Registered User
 
BalticWarrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Riga
Country: Latvia
Posts: 4,627
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atas2000 View Post
But let's wait and see who will be laughing after the playoffs. Spartak is on the rise with the new coach actually and playing without a head coach basically isn't a good thing anyway. What would your comments be when Jalonen actually starts winning with SKA?

Btw Medvedev unveiled some details on Riha. Loooks like they weren't happy with what he did for the organization outside coaching the main team and they weren't happy with his efforts in prospect development. Maybe they should have hired another guy to do this part, but it's theit business.
It won`t be SKA that`s for sure.SKA will not win the cup,i can almost guarantee it,it`s either Dynamo Moscow,Loko or Magnitka this year.

BalticWarrior is online now  
Old
11-30-2012, 12:57 PM
  #277
kajoo
Registered User
 
kajoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Slovakia
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 816
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
I was wondering what you people think of this:

http://montreal-stanley-cup-2013.blo...onspiracy.html

Is it normal for a player to be shafted on assists in the KHL?
call me weird, but I actually find that article interesting it´s not that typical "lets-all-laugh-on-KHL" style article from NA as we are used to, and god knows there was plenty of them. Which perhaps explains ult´s overreaction, but poor lad is already fed up by NA´s lazy journalism and negativism of overseas media and how everyone feels a need to a dedicate thread to every ****** KHL-mocking article here.

Only think I really dont like is that "conspiracy" in title that perhaps little smells by sensationalism, otherwise good analysis. Frankly speaking, I too dont understand why the 2nd assist isnt given automatically but have to be "deserved".

KHL up-dating their stats with some delay is nothing I cant live with, although I understand that NHL stats freaks might find it disturbing. Remember myself searching up-dated stats 5 minutes after the game end


Last edited by kajoo: 11-30-2012 at 01:05 PM.
kajoo is offline  
Old
11-30-2012, 01:03 PM
  #278
kajoo
Registered User
 
kajoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Slovakia
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 816
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorz View Post
6-1. Riha is probably smiling somewhere right now


kajoo is offline  
Old
11-30-2012, 01:23 PM
  #279
PricePkPatch
Registered User
 
PricePkPatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,114
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kajoo View Post
call me weird, but I actually find that article interesting it´s not that typical "lets-all-laugh-on-KHL" style article from NA as we are used to, and god knows there was plenty of them. Which perhaps explains ult´s overreaction, but poor lad is already fed up by NA´s lazy journalism and negativism of overseas media and how everyone feels a need to a dedicate thread to every ****** KHL-mocking article here.

Only think I really dont like is that "conspiracy" in title that perhaps little smells by sensationalism, otherwise good analysis. Frankly speaking, I too dont understand why the 2nd assist isnt given automatically but have to be "deserved".

KHL up-dating their stats with some delay is nothing I cant live with, although I understand that NHL stats freaks might find it disturbing. Remember myself searching up-dated stats 5 minutes after the game end
We aren't used to that kind of... well, I wouldn't call it "incompetence"... inconsistency?

I mean, the 2nd missed assist is one helluva blow. The 1st one might have passed, but this one? That baaaaad..

Happy to see Habs enjoying their time over there. What do you think of this Andrei?

PricePkPatch is online now  
Old
11-30-2012, 01:24 PM
  #280
Mirinho
Registered User
 
Mirinho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 1,533
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atas2000 View Post
But let's wait and see who will be laughing after the playoffs. Spartak is on the rise with the new coach actually and playing without a head coach basically isn't a good thing anyway. What would your comments be when Jalonen actually starts winning with SKA?

Btw Medvedev unveiled some details on Riha. Loooks like they weren't happy with what he did for the organization outside coaching the main team and they weren't happy with his efforts in prospect development. Maybe they should have hired another guy to do this part, but it's theit business.
excuses and nonsense reasons ...

Mirinho is online now  
Old
11-30-2012, 01:48 PM
  #281
kajoo
Registered User
 
kajoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Slovakia
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 816
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
We aren't used to that kind of... well, I wouldn't call it "incompetence"... inconsistency?

I mean, the 2nd missed assist is one helluva blow. The 1st one might have passed, but this one? That baaaaad..
you guys had decades to fix everything serious, then semi-serious and then you even fixed every bs that remotely looked like issue until you developed into state of mind when even blown assist looks like serious blow to you ´thats the bloody evolution bro. Congrats to achieving that sort of perfection, I´m little jealous you can afford that nitpicking, wish we had same troubles. On a positive side, if it aint trouble for us, it aint pissing us, so it´s all good, missed assist doesnt cause any headaches in our latitudes.

Reminds me good old Eastern Europe and drying washed underwear on balconies. Pretty normal stuff here, while in NA it would be considered as sheer exhibitionism and trap on pervs Two worlds set apart by ocean, thats why. Dont try to see any logics behind everything.


Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
Happy to see Habs enjoying their time over there. What do you think of this Andrei?
used to watch a lot of Habs hockey during their Cinderella run with Halak in net, 6 weeks with no sleep. Markov was injuried then I believe. Glad to see him healthy.


Last edited by kajoo: 11-30-2012 at 03:31 PM.
kajoo is offline  
Old
11-30-2012, 01:54 PM
  #282
kajoo
Registered User
 
kajoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Slovakia
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 816
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atas2000 View Post
Btw Medvedev unveiled some details on Riha. Loooks like they weren't happy with what he did for the organization outside coaching the main team and they weren't happy with his efforts in prospect development
I wouldnt fire coach of a winning team had he ate little babies, not alone due to prospects development.


Last edited by kajoo: 11-30-2012 at 02:23 PM.
kajoo is offline  
Old
11-30-2012, 02:38 PM
  #283
PricePkPatch
Registered User
 
PricePkPatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,114
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kajoo View Post
you guys had decades to fix everything serious, then semi-serious and then you even fixed every bs that remotely looked like issue until you developed into state of mind when even blown assist looks like serious blow to you ´thats the bloody evolution bro. Congrats to achieving that sort of perfection, I´m little jealous you can afford that nitpicking, wish we had same troubles. On a positive side, if it aint trouble for us, it aint pissing us, so it´s all good, missed assist doesnt create any headaches in our latitudes.
Fair enough. I agree with you, we are fed with a Silver-spoon the product of nearly 100 years of experience. I shouldn't be so nitpicky about younger leagues

Quote:
Reminds me good old Eastern Europe and drying washed underwear on balconies. Pretty normal stuff here, while in NA it would be considered as sheer exhibitionism and trap on pervs Two worlds set apart by ocean, thats why. Dont try to see any logics behind everything.
Hey! It's in our nature to be paranoid of Russians. You think 45 years of cold war wash away so quickly?

Quote:
used to watch a lot of Habs hockey during their Cinderella run with Halak in net, 6 weeks with no sleep. Markov was injuried then I believe. Glad to see him healthy.
Yhea, he did. Bad injury. But at least, Kiddo Subban took over after him, and he shined like the Black Star that he is! If there is one reason I miss hockey, it's that I can't watch his show on the ice.

PricePkPatch is online now  
Old
11-30-2012, 03:13 PM
  #284
kajoo
Registered User
 
kajoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Slovakia
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 816
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
Fair enough. I agree with you, we are fed with a Silver-spoon the product of nearly 100 years of experience. I shouldn't be so nitpicky about younger leagues
definitely

To be totally unfair, I think the best comparison is to compare NHL and KHL in it´s 5th year In NHLs 5th year you guys yet played in outdoor rinks, used old wooden sticks, travelled by 2nd class and I think even the pucks were wooden. Look @ KHL in it´s 5th year, we have nice indoor rinks, travel by planes, and we have LED cubes, composite sticks, computers and doesnt take us more than week to update stats and all that jazz. Now try to argue


Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
Hey! It's in our nature to be paranoid of Russians. You think 45 years of cold war wash away so quickly?




Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
Yhea, he did. Bad injury. But at least, Kiddo Subban took over after him, and he shined like the Black Star that he is! If there is one reason I miss hockey, it's that I can't watch his show on the ice.
must be depressing for NHL fans, feel for you guys. Frankly, I would be hypocrite had I want lockout ending anytime soon, in fact I cant get enough to see all the great players in KHL. Feel for you, but can live with it, sorry

Subban had great POs, agreed, played like a daemon. Still has to feel like a tennis wall from blocking that many shots.


Last edited by kajoo: 11-30-2012 at 03:29 PM.
kajoo is offline  
Old
11-30-2012, 03:35 PM
  #285
PricePkPatch
Registered User
 
PricePkPatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,114
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kajoo View Post
Subban had great POs, agreed, played like a daemon. Still has to feel like a tennis wall from blocking that many shots.
The whole team did, really. Although props to Subban. I am 100% sure he used some sort of voodoo to get into Crosby's head. The only reason I wouldn't call him psychological warfare incarnate is because Max Lapierre is probably the most annoying SOB you will ever see on the ice. I loved the pest.

PricePkPatch is online now  
Old
11-30-2012, 03:49 PM
  #286
kajoo
Registered User
 
kajoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Slovakia
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 816
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
The whole team did, really. Although props to Subban. I am 100% sure he used some sort of voodoo to get into Crosby's head. The only reason I wouldn't call him psychological warfare incarnate is because Max Lapierre is probably the most annoying SOB you will ever see on the ice. I loved the pest.
a lot of Habs played best hockey of their lives, Halak in beast mode, Cammaleri scoring from impossible positions, heck I know it´s tough to believe but even Scotty the Rocket Gomez could bury it back then, and not just once, but twice !!!

Caps series was probably the best I´ve seen in a long time.

kajoo is offline  
Old
11-30-2012, 07:03 PM
  #287
Faterson
Registered User
 
Faterson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Bratislava
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 1,508
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kajoo View Post
missed assist doesnt cause any headaches in our latitudes.
Speak for yourself... I dislike it very much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
I mean, the 2nd missed assist is one helluva blow. The 1st one might have passed, but this one? That baaaaad..
They miss assists all the time. The KHL seems very careless compared to the NHL in this regard. And I'm not sure all the assists get corrected. They certainly don't all get corrected "within a week" as the always-irate ult suggested. Sometimes, these corrections occur a month or 2 months (!) after a game takes place. Slovan's captain Šatan has been injured (following Chára's hit) for many weeks now, but the other day his points total for the season was lowered from 13 to 12. God knows to what ancient Slovan game the correction was applied.

And they don't only get assists wrong. In one Slovan home game, the defenceman Tabaček (player no. 80) quite clearly scored a goal, but it was attributed to forward Hudáček (player no. 90). It took about a week until this was corrected in khl.ru stats, and it was corrected silently. Which means not all corrections to stats are announced transparently in one of those correction lists khl.ru sometimes publishes.

All in all, KHL stats strike me as an all-too-frequently unreliable area that should be improved in future. What I miss in the KHL protocol pages compared to those from the NHL, is that they do not show the players' time-on-ice in power-play and short-handed situations. I find this a valuable stat in the NHL. What I dislike about both NHL and KHL stats, is that the post-game protocol sheets do not list the teams' line-ups in terms of the 4 lines (forward trios and defenceman pairings). Yes, I know that these can change in the course of a game, but the protocols should at least indicate the line-ups as they were in the game's opening minutes. (KHL's "live text broadcasts" actually do list them; why not post-game protocols as well?)

Faterson is offline  
Old
11-30-2012, 08:21 PM
  #288
kajoo
Registered User
 
kajoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Slovakia
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 816
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faterson View Post
Speak for yourself... I dislike it very much
haha seriously I stopped caring about stats ages ago

Btw with "our latitudes" I could mean my hometown, 70 minutes drive from Bratislava. Whole new world bro

Do you remember how our media laughed off ageing Kosice star Vlasto Plavucha who used to chase officials and urged them to award him with assist as he was obsessed with improving his personal stats ?


Last edited by kajoo: 11-30-2012 at 08:34 PM.
kajoo is offline  
Old
11-30-2012, 09:23 PM
  #289
Ryker
Registered User
 
Ryker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Triangle, NC, USA
Country: Slovenia
Posts: 2,894
vCash: 500
Yeah, Ovechkin is also still listed as scoring two goals against Severstal a week ago

Ryker is offline  
Old
12-01-2012, 03:07 AM
  #290
kajoo
Registered User
 
kajoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Slovakia
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 816
vCash: 500
nitpicker

kajoo is offline  
Old
12-01-2012, 03:41 AM
  #291
Atas2000
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 3,301
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helo View Post
It won`t be SKA that`s for sure.SKA will not win the cup,i can almost guarantee it,it`s either Dynamo Moscow,Loko or Magnitka this year.
I'd take the bet. Dynamo Moscow maybe, maybe, but to see Loko and MMG as clear cut contenders is a very courageous prediction. Dynamo Moscow is actually the only team capable of taking on the eastern heavyweights. Loko has great goaltending, but they are still too young as a team for obvious reasons to be a serious contender. Of course those things happen. Dynamo get's knocked out... The eastern champ is worn out by the battle in the east and hit by injuries... Everything is possible, but if we take luck out of the equation...

There are 4 contenders in the east and only one team in the west that has the quality to beat them without any help from above. SKA, Loko, CSKA all have chances with SKA the most difficult to predict now before we have seen Jalonen's SKA. And what if Jalonen actually can make it happen and then they sign say Weber after the NHL season is cancelled(just assuming)?

Atas2000 is offline  
Old
12-01-2012, 03:46 AM
  #292
Atas2000
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 3,301
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kajoo View Post
I wouldnt fire coach of a winning team had he ate little babies, not alone due to prospects development.
Well, they did. Only time will tell if they were right. IMHO I would have fired Riha after the loss in the playoffs last year. That would be logical. So I find te point in time to do it a bit ridic too, but yet again - it's their business to run.

Atas2000 is offline  
Old
12-01-2012, 03:51 AM
  #293
Atas2000
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 3,301
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirinho View Post
excuses and nonsense reasons ...
I all honesty, you are homerish. I understand that, but I couldn't see a contender from the season start... Great offence, exciting to watch firewagon hockey overwhelming the opposition with starpower, but contender? nope. That's only my view.

btw I only wanted to point out what the reasons for the decision were, I never argued them to be right or wrong.

Atas2000 is offline  
Old
12-01-2012, 04:19 AM
  #294
kajoo
Registered User
 
kajoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Slovakia
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 816
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atas2000 View Post
Well, they did. Only time will tell if they were right. IMHO I would have fired Riha after the loss in the playoffs last year. That would be logical. So I find te point in time to do it a bit ridic too, but yet again - it's their business to run.
pople in sports often trying to fix something only to realise it was never broken.

Nothing against sacking coach midway through season whose team cant stop loosing, but sacking a coach of winning team that just made it atop of league is brutal decision, with terrible timing and unconvincing explanation (prospects development, really ?) They could at least wait until they lose two in row and it would still look dumb move. Had Riha ate small babies I wouldnt sack him, in fact, I would yet supply him with my first born.

Imagine the player´s confusment now - winning in sports always was/is/will be magic formula that solve all troubles. Now they see that being Nr.1 isnt enough all of sudden, they are probably expected to fly or wtf. Last season´s SF aint exactly fail either, disappointment sure, but certainly not fail. Reminds me old USSR arrogance in 80s when Soviets won the WCH they just emotionlessly took the Cup any bye, no wild celebration and joy orgies on ice, nothing. We won the cup, who cares ? When they finished 3rd in 1985 World Championships we couldnt stop laughing on viral jokes about how was Tikhonov shipped to Siberia for failing to win again.

Seriously, SKA managment should have a word with themselves, this move is already beyond dumb.

kajoo is offline  
Old
12-01-2012, 04:39 AM
  #295
vorky
@vorkywh24
 
vorky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 6,693
vCash: 500
Quote:
God knows to what ancient Slovan game the correction was applied.
read khl website and you will know it. There was article about it

Quote:
t was corrected silently. Which means not all corrections to stats are announced transparently in one of those correction lists khl.ru sometimes publishes.
not true

vorky is online now  
Old
12-01-2012, 04:46 AM
  #296
vorky
@vorkywh24
 
vorky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 6,693
vCash: 500
deleted


Last edited by vorky: 12-01-2012 at 04:54 AM.
vorky is online now  
Old
12-01-2012, 05:23 AM
  #297
PricePkPatch
Registered User
 
PricePkPatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,114
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faterson View Post
They miss assists all the time. The KHL seems very careless compared to the NHL in this regard. And I'm not sure all the assists get corrected. They certainly don't all get corrected "within a week" as the always-irate ult suggested. Sometimes, these corrections occur a month or 2 months (!) after a game takes place. Slovan's captain Šatan has been injured (following Chára's hit) for many weeks now, but the other day his points total for the season was lowered from 13 to 12. God knows to what ancient Slovan game the correction was applied.

And they don't only get assists wrong. In one Slovan home game, the defenceman Tabaček (player no. 80) quite clearly scored a goal, but it was attributed to forward Hudáček (player no. 90). It took about a week until this was corrected in khl.ru stats, and it was corrected silently. Which means not all corrections to stats are announced transparently in one of those correction lists khl.ru sometimes publishes.

All in all, KHL stats strike me as an all-too-frequently unreliable area that should be improved in future. What I miss in the KHL protocol pages compared to those from the NHL, is that they do not show the players' time-on-ice in power-play and short-handed situations. I find this a valuable stat in the NHL. What I dislike about both NHL and KHL stats, is that the post-game protocol sheets do not list the teams' line-ups in terms of the 4 lines (forward trios and defenceman pairings). Yes, I know that these can change in the course of a game, but the protocols should at least indicate the line-ups as they were in the game's opening minutes. (KHL's "live text broadcasts" actually do list them; why not post-game protocols as well?)
Well, some of us sometimes doubt the honesty of some KHL team owners. Some of the reports or pesronal stories we've got of players who went to play in the KHL doesn't always display them in a flattering manner; willing to use underhanded means to throw players out without paying their ends of contracts.

Off course, it could very well be bogus. Like I said, it's mostly anecdotal or people who lost their job, maybe it was all made-up.

PricePkPatch is online now  
Old
12-01-2012, 05:31 AM
  #298
SoundAndFury
Registered User
 
SoundAndFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,211
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
Well, some of us sometimes doubt the honesty of some KHL team owners. Some of the reports or pesronal stories we've got of players who went to play in the KHL doesn't always display them in a flattering manner; willing to use underhanded means to throw players out without paying their ends of contracts.
The irony is that's exactly what this NHL lockout is about

SoundAndFury is offline  
Old
12-01-2012, 05:37 AM
  #299
PricePkPatch
Registered User
 
PricePkPatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,114
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundAndFury View Post
The irony is that's exactly what this NHL lockout is about
Indeed.

But I meant, on the more underhanded level. I remember reading the story of a Canadian goalie who wasn't performing to the KHL owner's satisfaction. When he was in a bar, the police just showed up and arrested him for no reason. The very evening, the owner came at the police station and told him that since he was under police custody, he wasn't obligated to pay him the end of his contract and was just going to be expelled from the country.


I mean, NHL owners are often describe as a bunch of hellspawns, granted. But I doubt they'd use that kind of tactics.

PricePkPatch is online now  
Old
12-01-2012, 05:37 AM
  #300
vorky
@vorkywh24
 
vorky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 6,693
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
Well, some of us sometimes doubt the honesty of some KHL team owners. Some of the reports or pesronal stories we've got of players who went to play in the KHL doesn't always display them in a flattering manner; willing to use underhanded means to throw players out without paying their ends of contracts.

Off course, it could very well be bogus. Like I said, it's mostly anecdotal or people who lost their job, maybe it was all made-up.
Players did not get their money from KHL club? Hmmm, I can help them - law suit

vorky is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:26 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.