HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012-13 Lockout Discussion Part VII: The Last Waltz "Cut the sheet & drop the puck!"

Closed Thread

Old
11-30-2012, 04:22 PM
Riche16
Pessimistic-Realist

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabroni1994 View Post
Just file the disclaimer.
I would imagine, that's exactly what's going to happen next. Early next week probably.

Shortly thereafter the league will put a drop dead date out.

After that...

Abyss.

Old
11-30-2012, 04:42 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

If I were an NHL owner,I would be on the phone with Bettman and Daly 20 times a day. I heard Pierre LeBrun say Bettman soothes over any disagreements with owners before the BOG meeting. I would ask Bettman and Daly what is the end game. If they we will cancel the season.

This would be my reaction

Old
11-30-2012, 05:15 PM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

Lundqvist tweets:

Quote:
If the plan is to have meetings between players and owners to solve this mess, maybe it's time to..

..allow teams that actually are carrying the league finacially to get involved. So far I have not seen any invitations to the meeting room..

Without the big market teams NHL is in BIG trouble so explain to me why they are not invited? in these meetings?? #wewanthockey
What a legend.

11-30-2012, 05:44 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by HatTrick Swayze View Post
Lundqvist tweets:

What a legend.
A halfway decent thought from a player on the subject.

...they DO exist!

Old
11-30-2012, 05:53 PM
Riche16
Pessimistic-Realist

The players aren't going to agree to this. Not unless the NHL vows to leave Jacobs locked in the car with a KONG filled with $100 bills.

Old
11-30-2012, 06:05 PM
Kane One
Global Moderator
🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨

vCash: 2749
Quote:
Originally Posted by HatTrick Swayze View Post
Lundqvist tweets:

What a legend.
That was probably his best tweet about the lockout so far. And that's not because he said some stupid things.

11-30-2012, 07:04 PM
Jabroni
The People's Champ

"@reporterchris: The NHLPA held a conference call with players today. No decision on the proposed owner-player meeting has been given to the NHL."

Old
11-30-2012, 07:28 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabroni1994 View Post
"@reporterchris: The NHLPA held a conference call with players today. No decision on the proposed owner-player meeting has been given to the NHL."
Translation:

Fehr: "NO WAY"

Players: "Ehhhhhhh, maybe??"

Old
12-01-2012, 04:55 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Day #77

4th month of the lockout. September. October. November. December.

Old
12-01-2012, 04:59 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Because of the vulnerable position such talks would put the union in, the Players Association will require the talks not be a negotiation, but rather a conversation in which participants can express themselves, The Post’s Larry Brooks has learned.

In addition, the union will insist the owners involved not include the four on the negotiating committee, led by Boston’s Jeremy Jacobs.

The union is expected to also insist the league have no say in designating which players attend the talks, a point the league is said to want.
http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/range...ontent=Rangers

Old
12-01-2012, 06:07 AM
BBKers

Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Snyder
Molson rep
Anshutz
Vinik or Nashville rep

Would be a good approach imo

Old
12-01-2012, 07:02 AM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

That 's not gonna fly with the league. Bettman will want Jacobs there because he is Jacobs pet. Jacobs will want to be there because he doesn't want to risk the players dividing the owners.

Old
12-01-2012, 07:14 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

James Dolan. Geoff Molson. Mike Illitch. Rocky Wirtz. Maple Leafs owner. Larry Tannenbaum is the Leafs boss. They were sold recently so I'm not sure if its the same guy. Ron Burkle. Franceso Aqullin. Ed Snider. The guys who actually make the money.

Old
12-01-2012, 07:55 AM
alkurtz

All of this points out something very fundamental in this dispute: ownership is a dictatorship where a few dominate the many, dissent is discouraged, and freedom of speech (million dollar fine) is suppressed.

The PA is a democracy where all are encouraged to voice their opinion and participate and even though it can get "messy" and somewhat chaotic ("the fervent of democracy") expressing dissent is not constrained (twitter, etc).

Ownership=North Korea

NHLPA=United States.

Which side are you on? I know where my sympathies are.

Old
12-01-2012, 08:06 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

I read the players are not bothered by Bettman. Its Jacobs who gets their blood boiling.

Old
12-01-2012, 08:08 AM
Riche16
Pessimistic-Realist

Quote:
Originally Posted by alkurtz View Post
All of this points out something very fundamental in this dispute: ownership is a dictatorship where a few dominate the many, dissent is discouraged, and freedom of speech (million dollar fine) is suppressed.

The PA is a democracy where all are encouraged to voice their opinion and participate and even though it can get "messy" and somewhat chaotic ("the fervent of democracy") expressing dissent is not constrained (twitter, etc).

Ownership=North Korea

NHLPA=United States.

Ummmmmmm... Okkkkayyyyy.

Old
12-01-2012, 08:25 AM
BBKers

Quote:
James Dolan. Geoff Molson. Mike Illitch. Rocky Wirtz. Maple Leafs owner. Larry Tannenbaum is the Leafs boss. They were sold recently so I'm not sure if its the same guy. Ron Burkle. Franceso Aqullin. Ed Snider. The guys who actually make the money.
Ok. The Original Six owners, minus Jacobs. Done deal... expansion sux

Old
12-01-2012, 08:26 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:

Ownership=North Korea

NHLPA=United States.

Congratulations.

Through 77 days of the lockout, you've provided the most over the top musing yet. This one will be tough to top.

Old
12-01-2012, 08:33 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:

Ownership=North Korea

NHLPA=United States.

Serious question - why are the levelheaded posters on here adhering to an "its nothing personal, just business" position, while its the overtly pro-player crowd that is capable of ridiculous posts like this?

Old
12-01-2012, 08:45 AM
BBKers

Quote:

Ownership=North Korea

NHLPA=United States.

Read "Bury my heart at Wounded Knee" my friend... Gosh

Old
12-01-2012, 08:54 AM
DutchShamrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Serious question - why are the levelheaded posters on here adhering to an "its nothing personal, just business" position, while its the overtly pro-player crowd that is capable of ridiculous posts like this?
Yeah, only pro player posters are uneven. Fehr is conning the players. It's revenge for the PA, the PA isn't entitled to compromise. Bettman is a first ballot hall of famer. The NHL has made concessions. Come on. It's both ways.

Old
12-01-2012, 09:05 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchShamrock View Post
Yeah, only pro player posters are uneven. Fehr is conning the players. It's revenge for the PA, the PA isn't entitled to compromise. Bettman is a first ballot hall of famer. The NHL has made concessions. Come on. It's both ways.
Uneven? Sure.

Notify me when someone compares the players to North Korea.

Old
12-01-2012, 09:15 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

If you look at the Forbes list,the top 6 teams are the original six teams.

Quote:
“The union should not go near this. This is nothing more than a ploy,” said a league insider. “It’s a public relations move in a big way. I just don’t think the union has anything to gain from this.”
Quote:
My belief is the expectations of the league going into this negotiation were ridiculous,” said the insider. “This whole thing has been a colossal disaster (for the league), but at this point both sides have to bend.”
http://www.ottawasun.com/2012/11/30/...-the-mediators

That must be someone from a big market or moderate owner team.

That Philly Daily News article from 2 weeks indicated the NHL has promised certain things in the new CBA and now they can't deliver them. Ed Snider supposedly said if this what we are going to get,then lets make a deal already.

Quote:
Put simply: Snider and the rest of the NHL's owners were promised a big win by Bettman, with player concessions on revenue division and contracting rights. The best they'll get now is a small win in revenue split - coupled with a demoralized fan base and all-important corporate sponsors that are ready to quit.

A source familiar with Snider's thinking characterized it as: "If this is the deal we are going to get, what's the point of dragging this out?"

Neither Snider nor team president Peter Luukko has publicly addressed the lockout since it began on Sept. 16, for fear of a $1 million fine from Bettman.
http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...HL_talks_.html

Did anyone see Mike Milbury last night during the 1st period intermission of BC-BU? He was blasting the owners for causing this mess. Milbury said the owners and GMs haven't taken enough grief for the contracts they gave the players. The long term contracts. 2nd contracts. He went after Kevin Lowe for the Vanek and Penner offer sheets. It scared all of the other teams so they handed over big dollars for 2nd contracts. Milbury thinks there will be some type of season because both sides can't afford to miss a season. Between now and the first week in January for when a deal will be struck.

Last edited by RangerBoy: 12-01-2012 at 09:44 AM.
Old
12-01-2012, 09:49 AM
DutchShamrock

Quote:
If you look at the Forbes list,the top 6 teams are the original six teams.

http://www.ottawasun.com/2012/11/30/...-the-mediators

That must be someone from a big market or moderate owner team.

That Philly Daily News article from 2 weeks indicated the NHL has promised certain things in the new CBA and now they can't deliver them. Ed Snider supposedly said if this what we are going to get,then lets make a deal already.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...HL_talks_.html

Did anyone see Mike Milbury last night during the 1st period intermission of BC-BU? He was blasting the owners for causing this mess. Milbury said the owners and GMs haven't taken enough grief for the contracts they gave the players. The long term contracts. 2nd contracts. He went after Kevin Lowe for the Vanek and Penner offer sheets. It scared all of the other teams so they handed over big dollars for 2nd contracts. Milbury thinks there will be type of season because both sides can't afford to miss a season. Between now and the first week in January for when a deal will be struck.
Milbury is right. Sather never really feared an offer sheet and he used the rfa rules to his advantage. Sather of course wasn't afraid of the offer sheet because he never did it, and it was one of those unwritten rules.

New contract rules would be nice, but not needed beyond a variance cap. Sather built a contender without circumvention. The notion that major changes to contracts are necessary has been thrown around a lot. Close the loophole, but they don't "need" an overhaul. Use the tools at hand.

Old
12-01-2012, 10:21 AM
Jabroni
The People's Champ

Sam Carchidi ‏@BroadStBull
Look for more #NHL cancellations at BOG meeting Wed. Entire season could go in early Jan. Happy holidays, fans!

Closed Thread