HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Notices

Providence Bruins (vs) Connecticut Whale; 7:05 at the DDC Providence; (11-30-12)

Old
11-30-2012, 12:17 AM
BruinsHockey

vCash: 500
Providence Bruins (vs) Connecticut Whale; 7:05 at the DDC Providence; (11-30-12)

Providence Bruins (5) vs Connecticut Whale (1)
() are points out of eight in conference

Providence Bruins: (home: 3-4-0-1)

7-8-0-1 15pts. 5th in Atlantic Division

Connecticut Whale: (away: 6-3-1-0)

9-7-1-0 19pts. 3rd in Northeast Division.

BRUINS SCHEDULE:

Date | Opponent | Result

Nov. 25 | @St. John's | 6-0 | L
Nov. 24 | @St. John's | 3-2 | W (so)
||
Dec. 1 | @Portland | 7:00 |
Dec. 2 | Worcester| 3:05 |

All Time Regular Season Mettings:

The Bruins are 4-3-1 all time @ home vs Connecticut

Previous Meetings This Season:

3 Providence @ Connecticut 6

Team Stat Comparison

Providence | | Connecticut

Goals

33 | | 58

Goals Against

48 | | 57

Power Play Goals

13 | | 16

Power Play Goals Allowed

16 | | 19

Power Play Rank

15 | | 12

Penalty Kill Rank

27 | | 28

HPP Rank

20 | | -

APP Rank

HPK Rank

27 | | -

APK Rank

Goals For Rank

30 | | 2 way tie for21

Goals Against Rank

7 | | 4 way tie for 21

PIM

299 | | 383

Ovrall OT Record

0-0 | | 0-1

Ovrall S/O Record

2-1 | | 1-0

Last 10 Games

5-4-0-1 (L1) | | 6-4-0-0 (W1)

Fighting Majors

19 | | 15

Player Stats

Providence ||| Connecticut|

Goals

4 tied at | 4 | | 2 tied at | 7

Assists

Chris Bourque | 10 | | Kris Newbury | 11

2 tied at | 12 | | Kris Newbury | 18

PP

3 tied at | 3 | | Matt Gilroy | 4

SH

all tied at | 0 | | 2 tied at | 1

PIM

Bobby Robbins | 77 | |Kris Newbury | 55

SOG

Chris Bourque | 52 | | Matt Gilroy | 58

+/-

Garnet Exelby | 5 | | Logan Pyett | 6

Fighting Majors

Bobby Robbins | 11 | | Micheal Haley | 6

Goalie Stats:

Providence

GOALIE| RECORD| GP| TGA| GAA| SO| SV| SV%

Niklas Svedburg | 7-4-0| 12| 28| 2.54| 1| 320| 0.925
Michael Hutchinson | 0-4-1| 6| 17| 3.48| 0| 105| 0.861

Connecticut

Cameron Talbot | 7-4-0| 11| 26| 2.54| 0| 320| 0.925
Scott Stajcer | 0-2-0| 3| 10| 4.32| 0| 53| 0.841
Jason Missiaen | 2-2-0| 5| 21| 4.62| 0| 135| 0.865

The referee for tonight's game is:

Tim Mayer

The linesman:

Brian MacDonald and Todd Whittemore

Other Atlantic Division Games:

St. John's @ Albany

Springfield @ Manchester

Worcester @ Portland

BruinsHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 10:53 AM
BruinsHockey

Mark Drivver post:

Niklas Svedberg will make his sixth straight start in goal for the Providence Bruins tonight at home against Connecticut.

Max Sauve returns after missing five games with a concussion, and Tommy Cross, recalled this week from the ECHL, will be in the lineup.

The healthy scratches will be Ryan Button, Colby Cohen and Justin Courtnall.

The unhealthy scratches: Kevan Miller and Carter Camper, both upper body; Jared Knight (hamstring) and Trent Whitfield (concussion).

The lines, left to right:

Bourque-Spooner-Tardif

Sauve-Cunningham-Caron

Florek-MacKinnon-Hirshfeld

MacDermid-Hanson-Robins

The D:

Exelby
Warsofsky
Cross
Bartkowski
Trotman
Krug

Old
11-30-2012, 06:26 PM
Malt
#wpri12steve

Whale are up 1-0 late in the first. Cross was in the box at the time. Providence's PK continues to struggle.

Pretty uninspired effort by Providence so far. Spooner's line had a couple of opportunities, but Tardif couldn't bury it.

Robins vs. Logan Pyatt...easy win for Robins, who pounds away on his foe. I think Pyatt was defending a team-mate whom Robins had hit or cross-checked.

Still 1-0 end of the first. Hope Cassidy gives his troops a talkin' to...

Hirschfeld scores, his second since his call up. 1-1. Better start this period for the Bs.

Spooner has been real good tonight. He's going to be a really strong C for Boston in a couple years. It's too bad his "bromance" with Knight isn't working out in terms of on-ice time this year--he could use a finisher on his line.

Providence ties it up...Cross takes a shot and it goes in...he gets credit for the goal, his first in the AHL.

Haley vs. Bartkowski. Haley comes to a teamates' aid after a collision. Bart has no interest in trading and just hangs on. C'mon Bart--do *something* ths year, for God's sake.

Whale get another one on a juicy rebound. Svedberg needs to work on that aspect of his game, no doubt. 2-1. Whale only have 10 shots on net thru 2 periods, so it's not as though they've been storming the net all night.

Cross scores! 2-2 late in the second. (Goal now credited to Tardif, Cross gets assist).

Warsofsky scores! 3-2 now...see what happens when the D actually gets the puck on net?

Would like to see a little more nasty out of Florek. Some Whale D who looked to be aout 5'10" was giving him some gloved shots and the 6'4" Florek didn't do much to respond.

Tardif gets a PP goal...good work by Trotman on the play.The D hs been very active tonight.

Cross is having a good first ame. Since his penalty in the first,he has an assist, 4 SOG and is +2.

Hirschfeld piced up an assist on the Warsofsky goal. He makig a case to stay up with Providence.

Chris Krieder with a pathetic embellishment midway thru the third after taking a hit by a Providence D. He was lying on the ice waiting for a penalty to be called. Nothing doing.

Whale are turning on the heat late in the third but Svedberg is solid.

Whale seemingly get one, but he goal came off the posts....no goal. But Whale get a penalty shot out of it.

Kolarik does not score on the penalty shot, still 4-2 PBs.

PBs win 4-2. Good game from their D, no doubt.

Last edited by Malt: 11-30-2012 at 08:54 PM.
Malt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 09:35 PM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
big night for BU.....former Terrier David Warsofsky gets first star for Baby B's and BU takes out BC at home

Zach Hamill with his 7th in 18 games and second star for the Hersey Bears

DKH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 10:14 PM
RaskMullet
You Like No ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post
big night for BU.....former Terrier David Warsofsky gets first star for Baby B's and BU takes out BC at home

Keyword "Herhsey" , Put anyone average on that roster and they will put up numbers

RaskMullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 10:35 PM
KnightofBoston
MVP

Did cross get a goal or no? Either way sounds like he had a good game, still believe he can contribute to the bruins sometime...only 23

KnightofBoston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 10:53 PM
eightspokedb
pickee chickadee

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodbratmarchand View Post
Keyword "Herhsey" , Put anyone average on that roster and they will put up numbers
Hershey

eightspokedb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 11:19 PM
Topshelf8188
Boston Strong

Quote:

Gryzelcyk scored a beauty, also had a solid game besides the goal.

Topshelf8188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2012, 06:09 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by topshelf8188 View Post
Gryzelcyk scored a beauty, also had a solid game besides the goal.
Every time that kid`s name is mentioned seems like it`s on the positive side of things. Never gave him a second thought at the draft table, maybe one of those kids who makes it against the odds??

Way too early I understand. What`s his strengths/weaknesses?

Thanks Malt for the game analysis by the way

ODAAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2012, 07:01 AM
KnightofBoston
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
Every time that kid`s name is mentioned seems like it`s on the positive side of things. Never gave him a second thought at the draft table, maybe one of those kids who makes it against the odds??

Wouldn't even call it against the odds tbh, Matt at 18 is one of those kids that just sees a puck in his future. With his work ethic and wheels on the ice, not as risky as it may be for other college athletes. Ill bet he signs a pro contract by age before his 21st birthday

KnightofBoston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2012, 08:21 AM
BruinsHockey

Malt although I agree with your Svedburg needs to control rebound comment. The second goal was a faceoff win that went off the Exelby's foot and s l o w l y slide across the line.

Also a great win. There is a APB for Jordan Caron, he is missing when you don't notice him you really don't notice him.

Old
12-01-2012, 12:31 PM
Malt
#wpri12steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsHockey View Post
Malt although I agree with your Svedburg needs to control rebound comment. The second goal was a faceoff win that went off the Exelby's foot and s l o w l y slide across the line.
Thanks for clarifying. I really can't make out many details during a game due to the crappy single-camera shot from the Dunk that is broadcast on AHL Live.

Malt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2012, 01:06 PM
Topshelf8188
Boston Strong

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post

Really good wheels, really good passer (at least he was last night), didn't shy away from checking guys. I don't think he'll ever lay someone out but from what I saw he has no problem finishing checks.

His willingness to finish checks could also be a weakness because he is smaller and it could lead to him getting tossed around I suppose, but he is strong on his skates so that will help with this issue.

Could be a gem of a pick, he has the tools to be an effective puck mover at the next level, should be interesting to watch his development continue.

Topshelf8188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2012, 01:13 PM
Bri

First off, props to Malt for a very good recap of the game.

Quote:

Warshofsky bounced back big after a brutal shift that included kicking the puck into his own net and later a bad give away in front that resulted in a clanger off the post...at least from where I was sitting (far end of the rink, upper arena) it looked like that was him in both cases. Am I right about that? If so, even more props to him to not let that get to him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightofBoston View Post
Did cross get a goal or no? Either way sounds like he had a good game, still believe he can contribute to the bruins sometime...only 23
Cross was initially credited with the goal but later credited with an assist. Malt's otherwise excellent recap is a little unclear there. I didn't pay close attention to Cross (also had my two youngsters with me which can make it difficult to catch everything) but aside from a penalty in the first that resulted in a PP goal against, I thought he looked ok/good...at least with the puck. Can't say I noticed much either way in his own zone.

I was very happy for him when they announced the goal, but my first thought was, "That seemed to hit more than one stick on the way in...not sure if he'll keep that one." Must have been that one of those sticks belonged to Tardif.

My favorite goal of the night was Tardif's second. The Bruins were struggling to get their PP going and the puck was fumbled around in the neutral zone. Zach Trotman picked it up, skated through the n-zone (going around 1-2 defenders), over the blue line, almost to the top of the circle and blasted the puck on net. Tardif, going to the net, was able to pick up the rebound and put it home. I liked Trotman's instincts there, especially getting the puck on net hard and low and going a little deeper into the zone to allow Tardif to get to the front.

Bri is offline   Reply With Quote