HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > EA Sports NHL
EA Sports NHL Discussion forum for EA Sports NHL video games.

The Sitwell Enterprises League Discussion Thread

Closed Thread

Old
12-01-2012, 10:16 AM
xX Hot Fuss
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJ All The Way View Post
Yes Mis padres won't let me play the Xbox during the week til I get all A's. and yes my opponents are free to play my CPU Monday-Wednesday. If we were to advance on a Wednesday or Thursdays I would ask that no one plays my computer because I will be on the XBOX on Friday. And if we happen to advance on a Sunday morning I could get all my games in that day. The commissioner already knows my predicament and we devised a plan so no need to worry
Thanks! CBUS GM
I think that should only be allowed if you message your opponents. If i have you on my schedule and we advance on Friday night, you shouldn't be able to play my CPU just because you have an awful availability. If i'm available all day Wednesday and Thursday, all friday morning, but go to work Friday night and get back after the advance, you shouldn't be able to play my CPU just because i'm not online.

Old
12-01-2012, 10:18 AM
xX Hot Fuss
HFBoards Sponsor

havn't gotten a message to set up a game from

or

Old
12-01-2012, 10:56 AM
SUBdrewgANS
born into trouble

Send a message via AIM to SUBdrewgANS
Quote:
Originally Posted by xX Hot Fuss View Post
havn't gotten a message to set up a game from

or
me either

Old
12-01-2012, 11:21 AM
matt1396

Guys keep in mind that even if they haven't messaged you, you should be messaging them trying to set games up. It's not fair to everyone that you guys are lazy and don't want to send out msgs to your opponents but make them send you msgs.

Old
12-01-2012, 11:24 AM
CBJ All The Way
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by noexult View Post
if we sim on either Wednesday, Thursday or Friday, we will play your cpu before those sims are done most likely.
Thats fine thats just how its gonna be I hope you guys would wait til FRI SAT or SUN but I understand thats the risk I took entering this league

Old
12-01-2012, 11:26 AM
CBJ All The Way
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
I think that should only be allowed if you message your opponents. If i have you on my schedule and we advance on Friday night, you shouldn't be able to play my CPU just because you have an awful availability. If i'm available all day Wednesday and Thursday, all friday morning, but go to work Friday night and get back after the advance, you shouldn't be able to play my CPU just because i'm not online.
Agreed that makes complete sense

Old
12-01-2012, 11:29 AM
CBJ All The Way
HFBoards Sponsor

CBJ gets a HUGE win at the Honda Center 3-2 with a clutch Power play goal from Foligno with 1:20 left. Chuck played a great game but a lot was determined by a soft second period goal that opened the Scoring for CBJ. The Blue Jackets now surprisingly sit at .500 with a record of 7-7-1. CBUS has Finished there block of games and anxiously waits the next advance

Old
12-01-2012, 11:32 AM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
CBJ gets a HUGE win at the Honda Center 3-2 with a clutch Power play goal from Foligno with 1:20 left. Chuck played a great game but a lot was determined by a soft second period goal that opened the Scoring for CBJ. The Blue Jackets now surprisingly sit at .500 with a record of 7-7-1. CBUS has Finished there block of games and anxiously waits the next advance
Wowzers.

Chuck is going to go ape-****.

Old
12-01-2012, 11:33 AM
CBJ All The Way
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya View Post
Wowzers.

Chuck is going to go ape-****.

he already did lol

Old
12-01-2012, 02:04 PM
ChuckWoods

Quote:
he already did lol
I went ape **** because your go ahead goal was with 3:50 left in the game and you literally ragged the puck in the defensive end, then dumped it the rest of the game. There was zero attemps to make any plays or passes, you just played keep away.

So enjoyable.

Old
12-01-2012, 02:06 PM
CBJ All The Way
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckWoods View Post
I went ape **** because your go ahead goal was with 3:50 left in the game and you literally ragged the puck in the defensive end, then dumped it the rest of the game. There was zero attemps to make any plays or passes, you just played keep away.

So enjoyable.
I wasnt gonna risk a turnover in my own zone rather play it safe and keep it out of your snipers hands

Old
12-01-2012, 02:08 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
I wasnt gonna risk a turnover in my own zone rather play it safe and keep it out of your snipers hands
Dumping the puck and retreating to play defense first is perfectly acceptable.

Ragging the puck and taking advantage of the absurdly stupid AI is a bit more questionable, I think.

Old
12-01-2012, 02:10 PM
ArGarBarGar
Global Moderator
Defense Please

I can't remember the last time I saw a team pull a dick move like that.

Old
12-01-2012, 02:10 PM
ChuckWoods

Quote:
Playing it safe and ragging/dump are two completely different things.

You crossed that line and then some.

I've been guilty of doing stupid **** out of frustration, but I would absolutely NEVER rag the puck and dump for a win.

Anyways, I wont get into it.

Just dont go posting little tidbits like saying it was a "hard fought win" when literally the shots were 30-10 for me. You scored two goals that went directly through Hiller and then you decided to hold onto the puck and make me chase you into your end, then dump it into mine for the last 3+ minutes.

Old
12-01-2012, 02:18 PM
CBJ All The Way
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckWoods View Post
Playing it safe and ragging/dump are two completely different things.

You crossed that line and then some.

I've been guilty of doing stupid **** out of frustration, but I would absolutely NEVER rag the puck and dump for a win.

Anyways, I wont get into it.

Just dont go posting little tidbits like saying it was a "hard fought win" when literally the shots were 30-10 for me. You scored two goals that went directly through Hiller and then you decided to hold onto the puck and make me chase you into your end, then dump it into mine for the last 3+ minutes.
I played hard and you played hard we can both agree. I dumped the puck 2-3 time in the last 2 minutes and that is completely fair. There are no rules against doing that. Look CW, I played a fair game and if you dont think so please let the commish know

Old
slightlystewpid420

Quote:
Dumping the puck and retreating to play defense first is perfectly acceptable.

Ragging the puck and taking advantage of the absurdly stupid AI is a bit more questionable, I think.
That kind of gameplay wont be tolerated.

Also anyone who doesnt have their CPU's enable come tommorow will get one warning. Then you will be out of here. I REPEAT. ENABLE YOUR CPUS OR YOU WILL BE GETTING BOOTED AFTER TMRW. This league sims entirely to much for me to deal with this. You have the option to enable your cpu every game you play. Just do it.

Old
Jack de la Hoya

Perhaps we need to make a list of gameplay activities that won't be tolerated. It was bad form by CBJ if he was simply playing keep-away, but it wasn't in the league rules at the time of the game either.

In Bluth, the rebound-spamming tactic is illegal, correct?

In most leagues I'm in, ragging the puck is also considered an exploit, because the AI won't properly chase some times, even with a high forecheck level.

(Again, I have no problem with dumping the puck and playing defense to hold a lead. I think that's a completely different issue.)

Old
12-01-2012, 02:20 PM
CBJ All The Way
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Perhaps we need to make a list of gameplay activities that won't be tolerated. It was bad form by CBJ if he was simply playing keep-away, but it wasn't in the league rules at the time of the game either.

In Bluth, the rebound-spamming tactic is illegal, correct?

In most leagues I'm in, ragging the puck is also considered an exploit, because the AI won't properly chase some times, even with a high forecheck level.
Yes that would be a good idea BTW are we simming tonight or tomorrow?

Old
12-01-2012, 02:24 PM
slightlystewpid420

These leagues are about being realistic as possible. People playing unfairly(consistent rebound goals, using the exact same deke 6 times to score 5 goals, holding the puck in your zone for 2 minutes just to kill time.) These things dont happen in real life. You have the puck in your zone and you want to kill time skate it up, dump and chase, maybe sit back. But the best way to kill time is on offense. Not sitting waiting. I understand if your on a kill and you want to pass it and play a little keep away, but not at the end of the game. Thats just cheap. I'm not going to write a list of right and wrong moves, nor am i going to write list of franchise players it really is easy to tell who is and isnt one. Were all adults here(well most of us anyway) lets just use common sense and play fairly. Its really not that hard.

Old
12-01-2012, 02:25 PM
slightlystewpid420

Quote:
Yes that would be a good idea BTW are we simming tonight or tomorrow?
tmrw @ 6

Old
12-01-2012, 02:26 PM
slightlystewpid420

If you guys havent noticed there is an advance schedule on the first page for the month of december. Anyone asking for advances times will be told to look there.

Old
12-01-2012, 02:28 PM
xX Hot Fuss
HFBoards Sponsor

Just get this CBJ guy out of here. Causing so many problems in and its not even the 2nd sim yet. Really, how can you think holding onto the puck like that is fair?

Old
12-01-2012, 02:36 PM
PasswordIsTaco
2012 & 2014

vCash: 200
Quote:
Just get this CBJ guy out of here. Causing so many problems in and its not even the 2nd sim yet. Really, how can you think holding onto the puck like that is fair?
^^^^^^^^
He knows

Old
12-01-2012, 03:05 PM
slightlystewpid420

hows everyone doing with games? I know we're still working out the kinks. I only have 1 left with OTT and were about to play now. Ill advance late tonight if im feeling majority of the league is done and ready.

Old
12-01-2012, 03:10 PM
Gary83*

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlystewpid420 View Post
hows everyone doing with games? I know we're still working out the kinks. I only have 1 left with OTT and were about to play now. Ill advance late tonight if im feeling majority of the league is done and ready.
Just Toronto and Calgary. I would say I'd be happy to sim against Calgary but I still have Staal, Semin, jokinen and ruutu injured!

Closed Thread