HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Sports > Football
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Football NFL, NCAA, CFL

Chiefs' Jovan Belcher shoots girlfriend, commits suicide in front of Crennel/Pioli

Old
12-01-2012, 02:55 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AP View Post
Seeing this player killed his girlfriend before taking the gun on himself, it could be that his girlfriend was going to leave him and he couldn't handle it. Maybe he caught her cheating on him? We may never the whole story.
I heard somewhere that their relationship was described as "off and on" so who knows.

Right now there's just not enough details out there for anyone to really figure out what drove him to do this. You could make a ton of assumptions based on any detail we have.

12-01-2012, 02:58 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post
I heard somewhere that their relationship was described as "off and on" so who knows.

Right now there's just not enough details out there for anyone to really figure out what drove him to do this. You could make a ton of assumptions based on any detail we have.
Who cares what there relationship status was , etc!

He took a young mothers life ,, There is nothing on this earth that justifies it or makes it an understandable judgement

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2012, 02:59 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post
There is no whole story that could somehow justify it, he killed his girlfriend and then himself. He was a piece of trash.
What if she pulled the gun on him and he managed to wrestle it away from her, shot her, then so overcome with the guilt of doing that in survival-mode, he kills himself, but first thanks the coach and GM who took a chance on him out of college?

Probably not the case, but we might never know, I'm not going to jump to conclusions though.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2012, 03:00 PM
Colt45Blast
Tippett's Tool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasbro View Post
Jesus AP.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Or she did nothing and was murdered for no reason

Simple fact is he took life of a young women who in no way deserved to be taken from this earth. He also has ruined the life of her family/that child who will grow up without a mother (And father) and who knows how much harm he has inflicted upon coaches/teammates who saw him take his own life
Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post
There is no whole story that could somehow justify it, he killed his girlfriend and then himself. He was a piece of trash.
Keep in mind that I never said the girlfriend deserved to be killed here, just made some suggestions to why this piece of **** did what he did. If this ******* was still alive, then he deserved to be punished to the fullest extent of the law.

So many lives are ruined and I can only hope that whatever help those affected by this will be able to get them to overcome what has happened in their lives. Hopefully, both the Chiefs organizaion and the NFL can assist all of those involed with whatever means possible.

Colt45Blast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2012, 03:02 PM
Colt45Blast
Tippett's Tool

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
What if she pulled the gun on him and he managed to wrestle it away from her, shot her, then so overcome with the guilt of doing that in survival-mode, he kills himself, but first thanks the coach and GM who took a chance on him out of college?

Probably not the case, but we might never know, I'm not going to jump to conclusions though.
I'll have to re-read the articles but it appears that the mother of the girlfriend witnessed everything and the story given by her is that her daughter is the victim.

Old
The Couturier Effect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrimper View Post
Is there any understanding as to what drove him to do this?
Does it matter? Two people are dead and the staff and players that witnessed the sucicide will never be the same. Knowing why he did it doesn't change/justify anything.

The Couturier Effect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:
Who cares what there relationship status was , etc!

He took a young mothers life ,, There is nothing on this earth that justifies it or makes it an understandable judgement
No one's trying to justify it at all. There's a reason why this happened and what drove him to do it, just because people are trying to find out what it was doesn't mean they're defending his actions and trying to justify it.

Still don't know how they're playing this game tomorrow. Just cancel it. I feel awful for the families and the kid that's left behind parentless.

NYRFAN218 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2012, 03:03 PM
Live in the Now
YNWA

Awards:
Quote:

Pretty sure we'd already know about that. His girlfriend's mother was there. But I'd still have no sympathy for him. He is an NFL linebacker, capable of taking care of himself and not having to shoot anyone.

This guy is NOT the victim.

Live in the Now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2012, 03:06 PM
MM425

Quote:
Or it is just another guy killing his GF and himself

Seriously the media/etc jumping to conclusions of concussion is absurd.. We have murder/suicides in regular society often and those people dont have concussion issues

And it is a cop out to use concussions as reasoning for this
I'm just speculating, obviously.

But the correlation between getting your brains scrambled for a living and severe mental health issues is getting more clear by the day with research. You can't discount the possibility.

MM425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2012, 03:07 PM
m9

Quote:
Or it is just another guy killing his GF and himself

Seriously the media/etc jumping to conclusions of concussion is absurd.. We have murder/suicides in regular society often and those people dont have concussion issues

And it is a cop out to use concussions as reasoning for this
Agreed 100 percent. So sick of fabricated narratives about concussions leading to suicide by lazy media and fans.

As for today's events, horrible tragedy for all affected. I am fine for the game being played as everyone deals with these situations differently so whatever choice is made will be the wrong and right one at the same time.

m9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2012, 03:07 PM
Colt45Blast
Tippett's Tool

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan8828 View Post
Does it matter? Two people are dead and the staff and players that witnessed the sucicide will never be the same. Knowing why he did it doesn't change/justify anything.
Except if this punk was still alive and going to trial, a motive would have to be established to why he killed his girlfriend in order to make a case to the jury that the boyfriend is guilty beyond a resonable doubt.

Old
12-01-2012, 03:12 PM
MM425

Quote:
Originally Posted by m9 View Post
Agreed 100 percent. So sick of fabricated narratives about concussions leading to suicide by lazy media and fans.

As for today's events, horrible tragedy for all affected. I am fine for the game being played as everyone deals with these situations differently so whatever choice is made will be the wrong and right one at the same time.
Lol fabricated? You don't have any idea what you're talking about.

The peer reviewed research that has come out in recent years is very clear... concussive and sub-concussive blows to the head over a span of years can result in serious mental illness. Suicide is the fatal symptom of mental illness.

MM425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2012, 03:18 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM425 View Post
Lol fabricated? You don't have any idea what you're talking about.

The peer reviewed research that has come out in recent years is very clear... concussive and sub-concussive blows to the head over a span of years can result in serious mental illness. Suicide is the fatal symptom of mental illness.
And this guy murdered someone

And there is no evidance of depression or any concusion related issues

In Chicago we just had a guy kill his cousin with scissors for breaking his Marvel Comic drinking glass...... Murder doesn't require mental illness

The conclusion of media to jump to concussions as reason for this crime is the issue that is bothersome to me and I imagine others...

Old
12-01-2012, 03:19 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
1. The mother is not going to paint her recently deceased daughter as someone who facilitated these actions. Her eye-witness testimony is not credible and if you look at any peer-reviewed research done on eye-witness testimony, especially with heavy trauma, the information you get is far from credible or reliable.
2. He should be able to take care of himself but that doesn't mean anything can't happen in the heat of the moment when a gun threatens your life.
3. Regardless of who did what, who killed who, and who is to responsible. Pointing fingers is a mindless, pointless game, the motive resolves nothing, an autopsy will hopefully be done to see if there was any damage to his brain that could have caused this.
4. Everyone here is a victim. Two people are dead. A child is left without parents. Two families have lost loved ones. Three individuals witnessed the death of someone they cared for. Hundreds of people are now coping with a sudden loss. Can we stop throwing around the negative words that are meant to degrade the dead when NONE of us here have the slightest indication of what occured, not during the murders, not in their heads, not in the bubbling cauldron of their social lives.
5. The problem is that somewhere along the line, someone thought that murder, the attempt or threat of death, was the ONLY way to resolve the issues. This is the fundamental issue with society right now. Mental illness, depression, they are all considered weaknesses, especially in males, so we don't admit to it, we don't seek help. There are plenty of ways to resolve unconscious or conscious feelings of guilt, rage or anger that can lead to mental illnesses, or temporary homocidal/suicidal impulses. Unfortunately, we, as friends, families, society, don't see the signs, don't do a good enough job of allowing people to be sad, to be afraid, to seek HELP.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2012, 03:23 PM
Bruv
kissin kevin shields

Quote:
And this guy murdered someone

And there is no evidance of depression or any concusion related issues

In Chicago we just had a guy kill his cousin with scissors for breaking his Marvel Comic drinking glass...... Murder doesn't require mental illness

The conclusion of media to jump to concussions as reason for this crime is the issue that is bothersome to me and I imagine others...
That seems pretty mental to me.

Bruv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2012, 03:24 PM
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly

Tragic story all around.

....and yes. A lot of people with mental issues commit horrible acts.

HawksFan74 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2012, 03:26 PM
Live in the Now
YNWA

Awards:
Victim's instagram

http://instagram.com/kasandraperkins

Live in the Now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2012, 03:26 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

Quote:
4. Everyone here is a victim. .
This Chief player is not a victim ,, I refuse to accept him as one and the NFL better not hold a moment of silence for him

Old
12-01-2012, 03:29 PM
El Dandy*
...Menace To Society

LOL at people blaming this on concussions.

RIP to the girlfriend and prayers to her friends/family/their child.

El Dandy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2012, 03:38 PM
What the Faulk
The Real Swede Shady

While the evidence between suicide and concussions is pretty clear, does anyone know if he's actually had a concussion diagnosed?

What the Faulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2012, 03:39 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurentHabs View Post
Wikipedia says he shot himself infront of Cheifs Coach & GM. No idea if this is true, but if so Its Wikipedia, so I won't jump to conclusions, but that is really tragic if so, for everyone that witnessed it.
It was in the ESPN article

Fish on The Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2012, 03:40 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by What the Faulk View Post
While the evidence between suicide and concussions is pretty clear, does anyone know if he's actually had a concussion diagnosed?
There has been no evidence of concussions leading to murder ,, So again I fail to see how it comes into play here

Old
12-01-2012, 03:43 PM
Francesa
(╯□)╯︵ SƖ ןɥu ɐǝ

Too early to link anything

Let's wait until the facts come out and not jump to conclusions here

Francesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2012, 03:46 PM
Langdon Alger*

Quote:
There has been no evidence of concussions leading to murder ,, So again I fail to see how it comes into play here
Chris Benoit.

Concussions are brain damage. Brain damage can cause the sufferer to act irrationally. Murder is an irrational act. I don't see how it's so hard to see a connection, unless you just don't want to see it.

Langdon Alger* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2012, 03:47 PM
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly

Quote:
Because there have been numerous instances of athletes/former athletes with concussion history acting erratically. Many suicides over the years.

It will definitely come up at one point or another. Doesn't mean it absolves him of his actions. Unfortunately, murder of a significant other is not uncommon in the country.

When you think of someone committing this act, it's hard to say they don't have some type of mental issues. Otherwise, anyone is capable of it under the right circumstances. Unless we want to say they are just plain evil.

HawksFan74 is online now   Reply With Quote