HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

News from Around the League - Part XXXV - I'll see you in court!

Closed Thread

Old
11-30-2012, 04:06 PM
Ilkka Pikachu

vCash: 500
News from Around the League - Part XXXV - I'll see you in court!

Continue.

Old
11-30-2012, 04:09 PM
Baggy Spandex
Boat movie.

Rather not. I've grown tired of this garbage.

Old
11-30-2012, 04:39 PM
Bleedred
BLOW JETS BLOW!

If this goes to court you know the league will win. Just like how fast they struck that down up in Canada about the lockout being illegal. Though it won't be quite as fast before it gets into court. The NHL is not priority in the courts right now, and shouldn't be. In fact the NHL shouldn't even be in the courts.

I've been thinking about it all day, but if we lose a season again I think the damage is being underestimated big time by both sides.

Old
11-30-2012, 05:23 PM
Ilkka Pikachu

Dustin Brown, you have company.

Old
11-30-2012, 05:53 PM
Thunderfest
The Wumpus

Stick a fork in this season.

The last lockout was colossally, monumentally stupid, and this one is 10x stupider. Twice in eight years is Darwin Award territory for the league. I wish I could tell the NHL to shove it, but I can't. My Devils play there.

Ptooey.

Old
11-30-2012, 07:11 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
The moderates among the owners definitely need to make themselves heard. It's absurd that Jacobs and a few other extremists are hijacking an entire side of the negotiating table.

Old
11-30-2012, 07:12 PM
Scottyk9
Goals? Please!

Send a message via AIM to Scottyk9
Dave Stubbs ‏@Dave_Stubbs
#NJDevils Brodeur believes Cdn markets will survive lockout. "But I guarantee you, New Jersey and other places will feel it, big time”

http://www.montrealgazette.com/sport...345/story.html

Last edited by Scottyk9: 11-30-2012 at 07:18 PM.
Old
11-30-2012, 07:17 PM
HeliDevil
Legendary

And he's totally correct. Also I want Jacobs out of the meetings, he is such a clown. This is way dumber than the last lockout. I'm sick of the owners shenanigans over the lesser ones.

Old
11-30-2012, 07:43 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Marty is the voice of reason as always. I wish more people would be like him and Lou.

Old
11-30-2012, 07:44 PM
Bleedred
BLOW JETS BLOW!

I hope Rask bails on Boston next year, and Marty Turco has to be their starting goaltender. Lucic has a bigger decline than Scott Gomez, and they have to trade Seguin and that big contract cause they can't afford it. I think I hate the Bruins more than Minnesota now, but that ******* running things up there sucks too.

Old
11-30-2012, 07:45 PM
glenwo2
PATTY'S BETTER!!!

Many people in the Devils organization will lose their job over this.....

And I'm referring to the vendors and all the other people that aren't "executives".....

Old
11-30-2012, 10:23 PM
Ilkka Pikachu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
I hope Rask bails on Boston next year, and Marty Turco has to be their starting goaltender. Lucic has a bigger decline than Scott Gomez, and they have to trade Seguin and that big contract cause they can't afford it. I think I hate the Bruins more than Minnesota now, but that ******* running things up there sucks too.
lol.

Is it just me or is Jacobs aching for a rollback here? In 04 he lost his free agents because he feared not being able to afford them, and then he got trolled with the 24% rollback. This time, he insured his assets with 6 year deals and no rollbacks are on the table

Old
11-30-2012, 10:26 PM
Bleedred
BLOW JETS BLOW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie View Post
lol.

Is it just me or is Jacobs aching for a rollback here? In 04 he lost his free agents because he feared not being able to afford them, and then he got trolled with the 24% rollback. This time, he insured his assets with 6 year deals and no rollbacks are on the table
I keep saying this, but why did he have to give Lucic $6 million a year? And Seguin close to $6? Neither are eligible for UFA for years from now, and Seguin's been in this league 2 years. I've lurked Boston's board, and seen things like ''Well what's wrong with wanting to keep our Cup team together?'' Uh I think he could have kept it together for cheaper, instead of signing bloated contracts the week/day before locking out, and then calling for, and keeping the lockout going.

People were saying back in July Parenteau, and Hudler were overpaid at $4 million a year on a thin UFA market too.

Old
11-30-2012, 11:43 PM
manilaNJ
Optimism: Unwavering

Quote:
“I still really believe there’s hope to salvage something from our season and I hope everybody will come to their senses and try to figure something out. We’ve come a long way since 2004 to get this game to a better state as far as competitive balance and everything else. I didn’t think we’d still be talking about this lockout in December. That’s the thing that bothers me the most.”
Quote:
“When Bettman or (hardline Boston Bruins owner Jeremy) Jacobs are not around, I think people are acting differently, that’s for sure.
For a high profile player, and a consumer of Lou-aid, Marty's always been a straight shooter.

If he's saying these things, you know something (or one) is stinking up these negotiations..
He call out his own teammates, even if somewhat jokingly, when they've underperformed and he's not always been on the best of terms with the PA - so he really has no reason to ******** around, nor does he have a history of it.

If not for the good of the game, for the good of their future paychecks... it's best if hardliners on the ownership side (Jacobs, Leipold) and the synchroinized twitterbots running their mouths (Prust, Rupp) all stayed the hell away from the negotiating room from now on.

Won't happen, though.

Last edited by manilaNJ: 11-30-2012 at 11:53 PM.
Old
11-30-2012, 11:51 PM
åboriginal
lou ****ing sucks

Send a message via MSN to åboriginal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie View Post
Dustin Brown, you have company.

ive actually counted to potato.
meh.

Old
12-01-2012, 06:56 AM
njdevsfn95
Help Vas, Sprite.

This lockout really needs an NHL Fan Blackout Day. No one goes to games, period.

Unfortunately, I cannot begrudge anyone for going because a) they have tickets and b) most of the people that make the entire experience work are not players nor owners.

Still, it would be amazing to see 30 home games played in front of AHL-sized or less crowds.

Old
12-01-2012, 07:54 AM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Canada would never go along with it. The Jets and Habs fans would never be able to pull off a fan strike, because plenty more would just show up and take the vacated seats.

Old
12-01-2012, 08:53 AM
njdevsfn95
Help Vas, Sprite.

I know that's part of the problem lol

All hockey fans would rather see their team play if given the option but it would be so nice for the fans voice to be heard.

Old
12-01-2012, 01:05 PM
goalvalchuk17

There doesn't need to be a blackout day. There will be plenty of fans from every team who won't go to games anymore. Including Canada.

Old
12-01-2012, 03:01 PM
Scottyk9
Goals? Please!

Cam Talbot's Rangers mask

Old
12-01-2012, 03:47 PM
NC107*

I have 4 season tickets in section 107. The family has agreed we are not going to a home game if the season starts. I personally believe the fans need to make a statement that impacts the NJ Devils and the NHL financially. Anything else is a waste of time. The owners don't care and consider, us fans, stupid for hanging on after the last lockout. I remember staying in the parking lot, not going to our seats, at Giants stadium during a game to make a statement regarding the Giants team not be competitive. Things changed for the better. Vanderbeek is between a rock and a hard place. He is dying on the vine. His debt is more than the team is worth and he has to discount ticket 50% for shows during this lockeout. He won't make it and Jacobs doesn't about care about the small market Devils nor does Bettman.

Old
12-01-2012, 03:49 PM
Scottyk9
Goals? Please!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC107 View Post
I have 4 season tickets in section 107. The family has agreed we are not going to a home game if the season starts. I personally believe the fans need to make a statement that impacts the NJ Devils and the NHL financially. Anything else is a waste of time. The owmers don't care and consider, us fans, stupid for hanging on after the last lockout. I remember staying in the parking lot, not going to our seats, at Giants stadium during a game to make a statement regarding the Giants team not be competitive. Things changed for the better. Vanderbeek is between a rock and a hard place. He is dying on the vine. His debt is more than the team is worth and he has to discount ticket 50% for shows during this lockeout. He won't make it and Jacobs doesn't about care about the small market Devils nor does Bettman.
If you think that the Devils are one of the pro-lockout teams you sir are out to lunch.

I understand you are fustrated and you should be, but by not attending games once they resume and by not buying things such as concessions and merch you will be part of the ongoing problem in our market and the reason our team is 60+ million in debt.

If you can afford to go and you have the desire to go...GO.

Also, say what you want about Bettman but he is extremely favorable to small markets.

Old
12-01-2012, 03:52 PM
NC107*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottyk9 View Post
If you think that the Devils are one of the pro-lockout teams you sir are out to lunch.

I understand you are fustrated and you should be, but by not attending games once they resume and by not buying things such as concessions and merch you will be part of the ongoing problem in our market and the reason our team is 60+ million in debt.

Also, say what you want about Bettman but he is extremely favorable to small markets.
We have a different opinion but I respect yours

Old
12-01-2012, 03:52 PM
Devils Trap
Cory's Better

Send a message via AIM to Devils Trap
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottyk9 View Post

This. Anyone who thinks the Devils are pro-lockout is nuts . If you dont go to games your not helping the team at all, your hurting them

Also, Bettman does help small markets out alot. Phoenix would not have a hockey team if he didnt help small markets

Old
12-01-2012, 04:00 PM
Scottyk9
Goals? Please!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Trap View Post
This. Anyone who thinks the Devils are pro-lockout is nuts . If you dont go to games your not helping the team at all, your hurting them

Also, Bettman does help small markets out alot. Phoenix would not have a hockey team if he didnt help small markets
Neither would Nashville/FLA/Tampa, and we would probably be under league control at this point if he really wanted us to be.

Closed Thread