HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Anaheim deal i would be happy with.

Closed Thread

Old
12-09-2003, 12:41 PM
Chayos

vCash: 500
The Anaheim deal i would be happy with.

I think if you tweak the deal that is most often listed you come out with a pretty fair deal IMO.

Instead of Comrie and Laraque for Perry, Macdonald and a 2nd

You get Comrie and Laraque for Perry, Macdonald and Vishnevski.

Our lineup would be

Smyth York Hemsky
torres oates Dvorak
Moreau Reasoner Pisani
Chimera Macdonald Izzy

Extra horcoff

Brewer Semenov
Staois Smith
Bergeron Vishnevski

ferggy Cross extra

Our prospect list now has a good RW prospect to go with the Centers and LW's we already have. This years draft priorty would be a D-man.

Old
12-09-2003, 12:48 PM
PineJockey

And you send Stoll down? I don't like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chayos1
I think if you tweak the deal that is most often listed you come out with a pretty fair deal IMO.

Instead of Comrie and Laraque for Perry, Macdonald and a 2nd

You get Comrie and Laraque for Perry, Macdonald and Vishnevski.

Our lineup would be

Smyth York Hemsky
torres oates Dvorak
Moreau Reasoner Pisani
Chimera Macdonald Izzy

Extra horcoff

Brewer Semenov
Staois Smith
Bergeron Vishnevski

ferggy Cross extra

Our prospect list now has a good RW prospect to go with the Centers and LW's we already have. This years draft priorty would be a D-man.

Old
12-09-2003, 12:54 PM
Chayos

Quote:
Originally Posted by PineJockey
And you send Stoll down? I don't like it.
Stoll would not be hurt by playing this year in the AHL and until we make some room for him with a deal he could be playing 1st line Minutes.

Old
12-09-2003, 12:56 PM
SeriousBusiness
T.Hall da man

I like that deal. I'm sure if it had been offered to Lowe he would have taken it though. With your lines, we could trade Horcoff though. No sense him sitting in the pressbox. I would rather have Stoll ahead of him on the depth chart.

Old
12-09-2003, 12:56 PM
serum114

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chayos1
Stoll would not be hurt by playing this year in the AHL and until we make some room for him with a deal he could be playing 1st line Minutes.
Amen to that.

The Oilers' biggest problems before the PP died were faceoffs and the PK.

Getting Oates helped, getting Reasoner back would be a bonus, if MacDonald comes back we'd have one hell of a line up of faceoff artists. I don't like the fact it means Stoll likely heads back to Toronto, because I think he's earned a spot on the team, however MacDonald would play a significant role in the "win now" sphere of things.

Landing Perry makes sense from the perspective of Kevin "Bigger is better/post-2004" Lowe. He's a big winger who's leading the O in scoring. Many Oil fans have slagged him, saying Kyle Brodziak (Oilers' 7th in '03) is leading the W but there's a difference: Perry was taken 28th overall, which speaks volumes to his percieved potential.

I agree the 2nd (in the event that Laraque goes the other way) isn't quite right, either a 1st or Vishnevski makes a lot more sense, but Georges isn't progressing, isn't fighting, is making a lot of money for a 4th liner in a small market and is keeping Salmelainen and/or Rita on the farm.

If it's Horcoff instead of Laraque, the 2nd is peachy (and Stoll gets to stay). If not, well, I'd hope for a bit more.

In the final analysis, Perry, MacDonald and Vishnevski/1st FOR Comrie and Laraque is a deal I could live with.

And in the end, it's all about me

Old
12-09-2003, 01:31 PM
Walsher

The deal that has been offered and apparently is close that I have heard is :

Comrie, Laraque for MacDonald, Perry and 1st.

To me Anaheim isn't getting ripped off. MacDonald has potential and when he is healthy looks dynamite for what I have seen BUT he is a concussion case. Perry has proven nothing yet but could be a decent player. The real bonus would be a 1st round pick. Otherwise, IMO Anaheim would be getting to two best players in the deal even though Georges hasn't done much this year. I don't mind the deal - but I still think the Oilers needed to get a guy that could play top 6 up front or top 4 on the back end. I realize Comrie's stock is sinking faster than BreX did in the 90's but he is still a very good talent. his numbers are awesome considering his experience and age. No matter how you cut it this deal is another downgrade.

Old
12-09-2003, 02:09 PM
woody

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walsher
The deal that has been offered and apparently is close that I have heard is :

Comrie, Laraque for MacDonald, Perry and 1st.

To me Anaheim isn't getting ripped off. MacDonald has potential and when he is healthy looks dynamite for what I have seen BUT he is a concussion case. Perry has proven nothing yet but could be a decent player. The real bonus would be a 1st round pick. Otherwise, IMO Anaheim would be getting to two best players in the deal even though Georges hasn't done much this year. I don't mind the deal - but I still think the Oilers needed to get a guy that could play top 6 up front or top 4 on the back end. I realize Comrie's stock is sinking faster than BreX did in the 90's but he is still a very good talent. his numbers are awesome considering his experience and age. No matter how you cut it this deal is another downgrade.
I hate the deal.

It makes the Ducks alot better today and in the Future with Federov and Comrie as their 1st and 2nd centers and they add the NHL best enforcer.

Edmonton gets another small center, Perry who is any where 2-3 years away if we can sign him and 1st pick is anyone's guess how it turns out.

Old
12-09-2003, 03:14 PM
Master Lok

I'm with you Woody. I hate the deal too. Ducks get a second line centre who could very well play 1st line minutes in Comrie. An enforcer who can skate and play in Laraques. It helps them now and in the future. Who do we get?

A third line forward in Macdonald. We ALREADY HAVE enough forwards. Another Horcoff, we don't need. we need a FIRST line centre, not third. I like Reasoner and Stollie in those roles. Perry is a prospect and with every prospect is a huge amount of risk. The only thing I do like is the 1st round draft pick. I wonder if the Ducks blow up, does this mean we get a chance at Ovechkin?

Hmm....

Closed Thread