HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk > Polls - (hockey-related only)
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

HFB Least Favorite Player Tournament Rd. 1 (J. Wisniewski vs S. Avery)

View Poll Results: Wisniewski v Avery
I dislike Wisniewski more 12 21.05%
I dislike Avery more 45 78.95%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Old
11-30-2012, 09:14 PM
wKetch22
Pure Grime

vCash: 50
HFB Least Favorite Player Tournament Rd. 1 (J. Wisniewski vs S. Avery)

Rules: Vote for which player you dislike most. Please keep it civil so that we can keep these going

Polls will be open for 1 day, I will try to do two a day

This is the bracket for anyone interested, the seeding was completely random (I did move a couple players to fix stacked matchups IE: Tootoo vs Marchand in the first round)

Wisniewski

VS

Avery

wKetch22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 09:16 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

vCash: 515
Avery isn't active and shouldn't be in this tournament (poll/bracket whatever you want to call it) so voted for Wisniewski. I get that Pronger hasn't retired officially, but Avery has filled the paper work and said he threw his skates in the Hudson River.

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 09:21 PM
wKetch22
Pure Grime

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings19405 View Post
Avery isn't active and shouldn't be in this tournament (poll/bracket whatever you want to call it) so voted for Wisniewski. I get that Pronger hasn't retired officially, but Avery has filled the paper work and said he threw his skates in the Hudson River.
I know and I thought about what you said but Avery would just be too hard to leave off this list, plus a few people asked for it and Im just a man of the people

He played last year and there hasn't been a season thus far this season

wKetch22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 09:23 PM
lboogie42*

vCash: 500
i cannot even begin to descibe my hatred for avery. he is a dirty, cheap shot, off ice talker who cant back it up, whiner. i think one of the most annoying and degrading thing(to hockey) he did was when he used his stick to block brodeurs view. u have to be a genuine ****** bag to do something like that. he did so many other things that were just terrible that i wouldnt be able to fit in one comment.

lboogie42* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 09:27 PM
Frank Drebin

vCash: 735
Quote:
You probably shouldn't have voted at all if the reason you didn't vote for Avery is because he isn't eligible in your mind.

Can't imagine anyone liking Wiz less than Avery. Avery's life goal is to make people dislike him.

Frank Drebin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 09:30 PM
Jabroni
The People's Champ

Voted Wiz, but that's because Avery was great when he was a Ranger.

I don't except non-Ranger fans to vote for Wiz here, and I don't blame them either.

Jabroni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 09:30 PM
Ave Maria
New Season New Dream

Send a message via Skype™ to Ave Maria
voted Avery b/c I want him to win it all #sacko

Ave Maria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 09:36 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by lboogie42 View Post
i cannot even begin to descibe my hatred for avery. he is a dirty, cheap shot, off ice talker who cant back it up, whiner. i think one of the most annoying and degrading thing(to hockey) he did was when he used his stick to block brodeurs view. u have to be a genuine ****** bag to do something like that. he did so many other things that were just terrible that i wouldnt be able to fit in one comment.
Show me one clip of this cheapshot.

Avery usually doesn't back up his talk, but he did in the 2008 series vs. the Devils. He single-handily threw the Devils' star players off their games with his antics. Unfortunately for Sean, that was he was only useful in games against the Devils.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 09:47 PM
Islanderfan17

Wiz will always be one of my favorite Islanders for telling Avery to go suck a dick

Avery easily, never hated a player more. He was the epitome of the Rangers organization to me and if I had to pick one player to symbolize how I feel about that team, it would always be him.

Islanderfan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 09:59 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Drebin View Post
You probably shouldn't have voted at all if the reason you didn't vote for Avery is because he isn't eligible in your mind.

Can't imagine anyone liking Wiz less than Avery. Avery's life goal is to make people dislike him.
Avery is not an active hockey player and has stated publically he doesn't want to play hockey anymore. At least Pronger and Thomas have some desire to come back to the NHL. Because of the contempt many have for Avery he will go far too, and it really damages what we are trying to do here in my opinion. I mean I could vote for Claude Lemieux forever, what would that do with a list of other active hockey players. Isn't my poll was just throwing it out there, when he is in the quaterfinals or wins what will have been the point? He belongs in the hockey history section from now on and thankfully for a lot of the people that will be voting for him here.

Clearly I don't run the poll enjoy voting for him, he was never one of my favorites even when he played for my team. He also probably was never my least favorite player in the league either. He is up against an active player that has two of the more blatant cheapshots I have seen. The Seabrook hit (understood the retaliation but too far especially for a guy that was in his wedding) and the Clutterbuck hit after the game was over. Those both stunk, so he is bad enough I will vote him over an an inactive player.

Also just wanted make it clear that I don't like Avery, but as you watch this unfold and I vote for every other player against him that is why I am doing it.

Last edited by The Zetterberg Era: 12-01-2012 at 02:12 AM.
Old
12-01-2012, 06:33 AM
lboogie42*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortorella View Post

Avery usually doesn't back up his talk, but he did in the 2008 series vs. the Devils. He single-handily threw the Devils' star players off their games with his antics. Unfortunately for Sean, that was he was only useful in games against the Devils.
dude, youve never seen that clip? avery was sent to the net to screen broduer, but instead he was using his stick and waving it in front of his face. there is a whole rule on it now called the avery rule. if u do that now u get penalized. thats just one reason why i hate him.

Old
12-01-2012, 06:44 AM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lboogie42 View Post
dude, youve never seen that clip? avery was sent to the net to screen broduer, but instead he was using his stick and waving it in front of his face. there is a whole rule on it now called the avery rule. if u do that now u get penalized. thats just one reason why i hate him.
How is that a cheapshot?

The most bush league thing Avery did in my opinion was suckering Smid. The Devils incident that everyone gets upset about made me laugh, it wasn't the best moment for hockey I will admit that. But really the dumbest thing about it is, Avery was completely endangering himself, he could have got clocked in the back of the head by a point shot.

Last edited by The Zetterberg Era: 12-01-2012 at 06:50 AM.
Old
12-01-2012, 07:12 AM
bp spec

Avery. I actually like Wiz.

bp spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2012, 09:36 AM
OzzyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortorella View Post

Quote:
The most bush league thing Avery did in my opinion was suckering Smid.

Avery has thrown lots of little cheapshots in his career, here is likely the biggest:

Spearing Witt in the nuts with his stick:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAcONzlueC4

But for you to turn a blind eye to the slashes, punches, boardings, and harsh facewashing/roughings+ is a bit rediculous:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3ICqOVzhRQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNsw5gEJOxY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_S2oUHiz_iQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ex5lOSoHPks

OzzyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2012, 02:54 PM
lboogie42*

Quote:
How is that a cheapshot?

The most bush league thing Avery did in my opinion was suckering Smid. The Devils incident that everyone gets upset about made me laugh, it wasn't the best moment for hockey I will admit that. But really the dumbest thing about it is, Avery was completely endangering himself, he could have got clocked in the back of the head by a point shot.
shouldnt of said cheapshot but it was something that was disgusting to watch for any true fan of hockey.

Old
12-01-2012, 03:14 PM
Izzy
FollowmeonInstagram!

vCash: 270
Like them both..
Like Avery more, always stand up for him when people I know trash him

Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote