HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospect Thread - Part XII

Closed Thread

Old
11-30-2012, 08:36 PM
Buffalo In A Carwash

vCash: 500
McEnemy scores!

Old
11-30-2012, 08:36 PM
Bleach Clean

Goal McEneny

Old
11-30-2012, 08:50 PM
PRNuck
Retain Kevin Lowe

Nice looking little prospect we've got here!

Other observation: Radek Faksa is quite underwhelming.

Old
11-30-2012, 08:52 PM
PRNuck
Retain Kevin Lowe

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefeebster View Post
I thought he played really well through one period, at least. Smooth skater, good stick and moves the puck well. Smart and makes good decisions. Pinches really well, even went in on the forecheck alone to keep the puck in the zone. Had one BS. Played on the 1st PK unit on the penalty at the end of the 1st

Scratching my head for a player comparison though...

2nd Period: continued the PK on the 2nd unit this time. I think the most surprising is his physicality. Doesn't look like a huge guy, not scrawny either but he rubs guys out fairly well and with relative ease. But wow got burned by Ho sang on the first goal. Couldn't skate backwards fast enough and then got caught reaching. Takes long shifts; looks really tired at the end of them. Good decision to take the wrister for a goal. Shift after, slipped up behind the net, led to pressure and another ranger taking a penalty!
He reminds me of Tanev a bit. But without that fear that I'm going to see him get crushed, like I have with Tanev.

Old
11-30-2012, 09:00 PM
Nuck This

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRNuck View Post
He reminds me of Tanev a bit. But without that fear that I'm going to see him get crushed, like I have with Tanev.
You can tell what the Canucks value from the back end. Hamhuis signing, Tanev, Corrado....Mceneny all similar in their first pass and hockey sense.

Old
11-30-2012, 09:04 PM
Nuck This

Frick I missed his goal. What was it like?

Old
11-30-2012, 09:39 PM
Bleach Clean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuck This View Post

Seeing eye shot from the point. There was a screen in front and it found the short side top corner.

Old
11-30-2012, 09:50 PM
Luck 6
\\_______

Quote:
You can tell what the Canucks value from the back end. Hamhuis signing, Tanev, Corrado....Mceneny all similar in their first pass and hockey sense.
Well if you get a player that has these skills it's likely they'll be an NHLer in some capacity. If they break out, who knows.

Old
11-30-2012, 09:53 PM
Tiranis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luck 6 View Post
Well if you get a player that has these skills it's likely they'll be an NHLer in some capacity. If they break out, who knows.
Plus it seems like those types of defensemen are always in demand, more so than purely offensive ones, so it makes them good assets even if they never play for our team.

Old
11-30-2012, 10:04 PM
PRNuck
Retain Kevin Lowe

Quote:
A nice wrister through traffic.

Old
11-30-2012, 10:07 PM
me2
Seahawks 43

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiranis View Post
Plus it seems like those types of defensemen are always in demand, more so than purely offensive ones, so it makes them good assets even if they never play for our team.
Given our record with Dmeb with question IQs I'm happy to see some steady guys.

Old
12-01-2012, 04:15 PM
Scottrockztheworld*

Jensen update... he be scorin'!

Quote:
@TysonGiuriato
#Canucks prospect Nicklas Jensen scores his 10th goal of the season and adds three shots on goal in 17:09 of TOI in AIK's 4-3 win today.

Old
12-01-2012, 04:23 PM
Norade

vCash: 830
Some of us might have wished Jensen could have gone to the AHL this year, but given the wolves season I think he's right where he belongs.

Old
12-01-2012, 04:30 PM
Tiranis

Haven't seen Blomstrand mentioned in a while. He was traded to a different Allsvenskan team and has 2 points in 4 games so far. Certainly a promising prospect in the Hansen mold, curious if we'll perhaps get to see him with the Wolves starting next year.

Old
12-01-2012, 04:59 PM
vanuck
Griffiths Way Goons

Quote:
Haven't seen Blomstrand mentioned in a while. He was traded to a different Allsvenskan team and has 2 points in 4 games so far. Certainly a promising prospect in the Hansen mold, curious if we'll perhaps get to see him with the Wolves starting next year.
What sort of production should we happy with for a prospect his age in the Allsvenskan anyway?

Old
12-01-2012, 05:01 PM
Tim Calhoun
Tim Calhoun

vCash: 50
Quote:
He probably wasn't getting a lot of icetime for Djurgarden, so good for him.

I don't think he'll be getting a contract though, same for Westerholm (or is it Vesterholm?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanuck View Post
What sort of production should we happy with for a prospect his age in the Allsvenskan anyway?
I think it depends on the type of player he is, and how good his team is. A player like Westerholm should be scoring at around a PPG if he ever gets a chance in the NHL, since he's a top-six or bust player.

For Blomstrand I guess it's different, but he should at least start producing a bit more with his new team. The fact that he played 15 games last year in the SEL means he isn't that bad of a prospect.

Last edited by Tim Calhoun: 12-01-2012 at 05:07 PM.
Old
12-01-2012, 05:37 PM
vanuck
Griffiths Way Goons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Calhoun View Post
I think it depends on the type of player he is, and how good his team is. A player like Westerholm should be scoring at around a PPG if he ever gets a chance in the NHL, since he's a top-six or bust player.

For Blomstrand I guess it's different, but he should at least start producing a bit more with his new team. The fact that he played 15 games last year in the SEL means he isn't that bad of a prospect.
Hopefully. Our very own Peter Andersson didn't put up that many points in that league either IIRC, but he seems to have had a decent start on the farm so far. It's hard to gauge until they come over to NA, if they're willing to do so in the first place.

Old
12-01-2012, 05:51 PM
thefeebster

Quote:
Games played is extremely misleading in the Allsvenskan and SEL. They are allowed to dress 2 extra players a game than we normally do. And for the most part Blomstrand was an extra forward on the bench. Even though he sits on the bench and doesn't get a single second on the ice, it still counts as a "game played". Terribly misleading. Same thing happened with Andersson who was frequently that extra d man who wasn't getting played.

I think i checked last season and posted about it. He sat on the bench with 0 min/sec played for 6 of those 18 games. 3 of those 18 games, he played 1 minute or less. He played 2-3 games over 10 minutes. The remaining were 4-7 minutes.

That's not to say I don't like him as a prospect. I do still have optimism left, it just that it seems like our prospects continue to be jerked around by their Swedish teams - Rodin, Andersson, and Blomstrand. Each needed either to be loaned or traded to get playing time. That might speak to the caliber of their play, but I think given how Blomstrand was slated to still be a 4th line player coming into the season with Djurgarden, something could have been brokered (if both parties were willing) to have him play in the CHL where he'd not only get ice time but a much bigger role, instead of toiling on the bench for months. By most accounts, he has a NA game already. Giants only used one of their import draft picks and have only one import on the roster, after cutting Kilnar... Hell any other CHL team for that matter, there are import spots open. Seems like it should have been something to consider .

Old
12-01-2012, 07:32 PM
timw33

Gaunce has his 8th of the year. 1-1 right now.

Old
12-01-2012, 07:38 PM
Tiranis

Quote:

Vesterholm is also a year older, though.

For some examples of production in that league: Pontus Aberg was drafted 37th overall last year and has 10 points in 26 games. Anze Kopitar (yes, the NHL one) has 25 points in 22 games. Filip Forsberg has 14 points in 19 games. There's not nearly as much of a difference between Allsvenskan and SEL as there is between NHL and AHL.

Old
12-01-2012, 08:18 PM
thefeebster

Ben Hutton with his 2nd of the year. This makes him the leading scorer of the team.

Listening to the game. Sounding like the commentators are really questioning the coaching staff and their choices on special teams. Coach did not put Shore or Hutton on a PP, despite both being the leading scorers in their positions, and the color guy was livid. Said they should have put the best players out there but they didn't.

EDIT: McEneny with a PP assist.

Last edited by thefeebster: 12-01-2012 at 08:36 PM.
Old
12-01-2012, 08:35 PM
Elbows of Bure

vCash: 50
Talking about NCAA prospects, Price, Labate, and Beattie all got a point each yesterday. Myron also played (I believe), but didn't get a point.

Old
12-01-2012, 08:38 PM
timw33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elbows of Bure View Post
Talking about NCAA prospects, Price, Labate, and Beattie all got a point each yesterday. Myron also played (I believe), but didn't get a point.
Nice to hear.

Old
12-01-2012, 08:45 PM
Hansen 36
BASED JIM BENNING

Archibald?

Damnit, its hard to tell whats going on with only a radio stream..

Old
12-01-2012, 08:48 PM
Scottrockztheworld*

No goal the buzzer already went

Closed Thread