HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers during the lockout (12/12: Stepan, McDonagh, Nash, Del Zotto return home)

Old
11-24-2012, 06:59 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

vCash: 500
Gagne scores. 4-1.

Now Simmonds. 4-2.

Rangers Fail is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2012, 07:28 PM
Cresto
In the pantry

7-4 after two. Henrik coming up huge in penalty shots 4-4.

Cresto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2012, 08:15 PM
turcotte8

Pat Leonard ‏@NYDNRangers

Team New York wins, 10-6. Mainly because of Henrik Lundqvist in net (57 saves)

turcotte8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2012, 05:05 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Sweet goal from Stepan

http://www.savonsanomat.fi/urheilu/j...ohtoon/1274230

Clowes Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 03:53 PM
glassbangers
#FireEakins

vCash: 50
Derek Stepan had zero points and +1 today against Max Talbot's Ilves. They won 0-4 but Stepan got a big hit and injured himself. No further details available.

glassbangers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 04:02 PM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by glassbangers View Post
Derek Stepan had zero points and +1 today against Max Talbot's Ilves. They won 0-4 but Stepan got a big hit and injured himself. No further details available.
Of course he did.

Brian Boyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 04:11 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

lemme get this straight, so far, to varying degrees the Rangers have injuries to Gaborik, Nash, Stepan, McDonagh, and Hagelin (off the top of my head)

correct?

*sigh* this is why I didn't want our players going overseas....does it help them keep fresh? sure. does it help the New York Rangers when/if the season starts up? Absolutely not.

Inferno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 04:13 PM
Florida Ranger
Bring back Torts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
lemme get this straight, so far, to varying degrees the Rangers have injuries to Gaborik, Nash, Stepan, McDonagh, and Hagelin (off the top of my head)

correct?

*sigh* this is why I didn't want our players going overseas....does it help them keep fresh? sure. does it help the New York Rangers when/if the season starts up? Absolutely not.
I guess it's better to happen now when it's not affecting the Rangers' season. Maybe the injury bug disappears before we get our 48 game schedule. haha

Florida Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 04:14 PM
RichieCallyGabby

For what its worth, Nash cameback from that NOTHING "Groin Injury" he had, and he scored two goals here are some stats I found on the Swiss National League website:

http://www.nationalleague.ch/NL/spie...20131105071162

RichieCallyGabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 04:27 PM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post

correct?

I can't agree.

First off, Gaborik was injured before the lockout. Nash and McDonagh had some nicks and scrapes. We don't know what the extent of Stepan's injury is yet.

The Rangers have hit some bad luck with injuries during the lockout, but these are hockey players playing hockey. If that's too risky for them, then we have a problem. Do you feel this way about training camp and pre-season too?

Brian Boyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2012, 12:17 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
I can't agree.

First off, Gaborik was injured before the lockout. Nash and McDonagh had some nicks and scrapes. We don't know what the extent of Stepan's injury is yet.

The Rangers have hit some bad luck with injuries during the lockout, but these are hockey players playing hockey. If that's too risky for them, then we have a problem. Do you feel this way about training camp and pre-season too?
Key players shouldnt be playing too many minutes in the preseason...never been a big fan of that.

Inferno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2012, 06:53 AM
glassbangers
#FireEakins

vCash: 50
Quote:
baldoosi ‏@baldoosi

@ScottyHockey Stepan is OK, he is playing today against JYP. He was out of the lineup in 3rd period just for good measure.
Stepan seems to be fine.

glassbangers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2012, 02:54 PM
Jabroni
The People's Champ

Nash left the game today with a back problem apparently.

Used Google Translate.

https://twitter.com/Guggti/status/274974462099730432

Quote:
Marcel Kuchta
@ Guggti
Rick Nash resigned after the first third with back problems. Another argument for a commitment Eriksson ...

Jabroni is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2012, 03:10 PM
Silence Of The Plams
Zemgod

Nash is probably injured so bad that he won't be able to play.

Silence Of The Plams is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2012, 03:11 PM
Jabroni
The People's Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatCrazyRangerFan View Post
Nash is probably injured so bad that he won't be able to play.
Is this opinion? Or someone reported this?

Jabroni is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2012, 03:15 PM
ColonialsHockey10

Only the Rangers.

Nash hasn't played less then 75 games in the past 6 years. Gets traded to the Rangers and is injured 3 times before it's ****ing December.

Thornton's played 7 more games then him.

ColonialsHockey10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2012, 03:29 PM
iamitter
Thornton's Hen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonialsHockey10 View Post
Only the Rangers.

Nash hasn't played less then 75 games in the past 6 years. Gets traded to the Rangers and is injured 3 times before it's ****ing December.

Thornton's played 7 more games then him.
The game Nash plays when he's effective means he gets little injuries like these often. He can be a perimeter player and just barely score 30 or play his most effective game and get minor injuries like this often.

In Columbus, he got maintenance days all the time and had minor injuries often. This is the player we got and the sooner we all realize this is normal, the better. Stop freaking out.

iamitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2012, 03:44 PM
ColonialsHockey10

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamitter View Post
The game Nash plays when he's effective means he gets little injuries like these often. He can be a perimeter player and just barely score 30 or play his most effective game and get minor injuries like this often.

In Columbus, he got maintenance days all the time and had minor injuries often. This is the player we got and the sooner we all realize this is normal, the better. Stop freaking out.
So you've been watching him play in Switzerland and have observed the enigma that is the "nasty Power Forward Rick Nash"? That's not his game and it never has been.

"Maintenance Days" do not equate to missing nearly a third of your games this season in a league that plays much less frequently then the NHL.

Nash hasn't turned over a new leaf. He's playing the style he always has, and he has gotten injured 3 times. It's unfortunate luck.

Old
12-01-2012, 03:52 PM
Synergy27

Quote:
So you've been watching him play in Switzerland and have observed the enigma that is the "nasty Power Forward Rick Nash"? That's not his game and it never has been.

"Maintenance Days" do not equate to missing nearly a third of your games this season in a league that plays much less frequently then the NHL.

Nash hasn't turned over a new leaf. He's playing the style he always has, and he has gotten injured 3 times. It's unfortunate luck.
Do we know that these injuries would have kept him out of the NHL lineup? It's probably Nash being cautious at the direction of the Rangers.

Synergy27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2012, 03:55 PM
iamitter
Thornton's Hen

Quote:

I never said he played a nasty power forward. I said he's most effective when he drives toward the net and isn't afraid to get hurt. Last two seasons he looked least like the Nash that came into the league - besides the very end of last season. Once his trade request became public, he started playing completely differently. I've only caught one of his games in switzerland (well, and highlights) because I haven't been able to find any streams, but he looks less like the tamer Nash he became and more like how he did when he first got to the league. The back injury is admittedly bad luck and I don't know anything about what happened, but it's pretty common for Nash to miss a practice or some games. It's very similar to how Callahan gets treated, but this board automatically assumes when someone misses a practice they have some huge injury and they jump to conclusions. Lotta paranoid people here.

iamitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2012, 04:11 PM
ColonialsHockey10

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamitter View Post
I never said he played a nasty power forward. I said he's most effective when he drives toward the net and isn't afraid to get hurt. Last two seasons he looked least like the Nash that came into the league - besides the very end of last season. Once his trade request became public, he started playing completely differently. I've only caught one of his games in switzerland (well, and highlights) because I haven't been able to find any streams, but he looks less like the tamer Nash he became and more like how he did when he first got to the league. The back injury is admittedly bad luck and I don't know anything about what happened, but it's pretty common for Nash to miss a practice or some games. It's very similar to how Callahan gets treated, but this board automatically assumes when someone misses a practice they have some huge injury and they jump to conclusions. Lotta paranoid people here.
Nash is a skilled sniper that happens to be big and uses his size to his advantage. If his game is one that results in frequent injury, then you have to throw Callahan (well obviously, his game lends to injury 10x more then Nash), Hagelin, Boyle, Mitchell and plenty of other Rangers onto that list, because they are grinding it out in the corners, forechecking and taking it to the net just as often or more then Nash. I just think the power forward part of Nash's game is and always has been overrated because people see his size. I also do not think his style results in more injuries.

You say it's common that Nash misses practice and games. I said before in the last 6 seasons the least amount of games he has played is 75 (the year before that he missed 30, but he has been healthy since). That is a healthy player, and missing 30% of his games in a league that has significantly more down time is not nearly the same as his recovery days in the NHL.

Not sure why hurting is back is bad luck but his other two injuries aren't either.

Old
12-01-2012, 05:33 PM
Poolshark

Del Zotto didn't played last 3 games. Official it's because pain in his back.

Poolshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2012, 05:35 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Is every Ranger overseas injured?

Rangers Fail is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2012, 05:41 PM
Poolshark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
Is every Ranger overseas injured?
I don't think MDZ is seriousely injured.

Poolshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2012, 08:24 PM
bobbop
Henrik's Pop

Anyone heard anything new about Gaborik and Sauer?

bobbop is offline   Reply With Quote