HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

F Taylor Cammarata - U of Minnesota, NCAA (2013 , 76th overall, Islanders)

Old
11-24-2012, 11:55 PM
Breakfast of Champs

vCash: 500
He now leads the ushl in scoring despite missing 5 games with 31 points in 14 games. He has dominated statistically everywhere he has played.

Is it only his size stopping him from being a 1st round talent? I can't remember anyone draft eligible in the ushl putting up numbers like that.

Breakfast of Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 01:08 AM
Victorious Secret
Dr. Chuck Evil

vCash: 16145
Pretty much. He has the talent.

Victorious Secret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 07:37 AM
North Country

He'll be a steal in the draft, even if he climbs (should) into a later first round pick.

North Country is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 07:44 AM
Scarecrow Boat

I remember comparing him to Patrick Kane... Too bad he didn't grow because he has 1st overall talent

Scarecrow Boat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2012, 11:50 AM
Aaron Vickers
FC Hockey

Send a message via ICQ to Aaron Vickers Send a message via MSN to Aaron Vickers
Cammarata has been on fire, winning gold at the World Junior A Challenge earlier this month and scoring 14 points in six USHL games. For his efforts, we've named him our Ferda Hockey Forward of the Month!

Quote:
The 17-year-old forward has had a golden November, recording four points in four games to help Team USA capture the World Junior A Challenge title in Yarmouth, Nova Scotia.

The exploits of the USHL’s leading scorer weren’t just reserved for international play. The University of Minnesota commit recorded multi-point efforts in five of sixBlack Hawks games. In all, Cammarata recorded four goals and 10 assists in 18 periods of United States Hockey League action in November.
http://futureconsiderations.ca/camma...-of-the-month/

Old
12-01-2012, 12:08 PM
Breakfast of Champs

Will he be invited to team USA's wjc camp?

Breakfast of Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2012, 01:31 PM
shello
@WShello9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breakfast of Champs View Post
Could see it next year for sure but it wouldn't shock me if he's invited this year.

shello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2012, 02:37 PM
Jaykay
Kuemperpedic

Quote:
Don't think so this year, next year he should be though

Jaykay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2012, 02:44 PM
Scarecrow Boat

Inviting him to camp is worth it, making the team would be surprising but I honestly think he could easily hold his own and then some at the U20s

Old
12-01-2012, 03:10 PM
keppel146
We love Bacon

Quote:
He now leads the ushl in scoring despite missing 5 games with 31 points in 14 games. He has dominated statistically everywhere he has played.

Is it only his size stopping him from being a 1st round talent? I can't remember anyone draft eligible in the ushl putting up numbers like that.
I feel that if he had a 5' 10'' or 6' frame he would be a top 10 pick for sure. His size has to be the only thing "slowing" him down, at least for the drafts sake. Otherwise his skills are amazing.

keppel146 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2012, 04:18 PM
Alberta tough

I have only seen him play once (Jr. A Gold Medal Game). He was reluctant to go to the dirty areas and was for the most part invisible. Based solely on that game I think the concerns of his size are justified.

Alberta tough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2012, 04:23 PM
AmericanDream
Puck You

Quote:
possible, but with similar skilled and sized forwards like Gaudreau, Grimaldi, and Boucher...no real need to bring him along this year for the US. He will definitely be involved next year

AmericanDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2012, 04:26 PM
AmericanDream
Puck You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberta tough View Post
I have only seen him play once (Jr. A Gold Medal Game). He was reluctant to go to the dirty areas and was for the most part invisible. Based solely on that game I think the concerns of his size are justified.
there you go folks, 1 game of viewing and thats that...

not going to really comment any further as I saw a different game then you as he played physical and went into traffic numerous times... its pretty common sense to play smart and attack into traffic in a pick and choose manner when your his size...

this kid isnt going to get a fair shake like Grimaldi so I will be happy to see him explode in college and then see the "why didnt he get drafted higher" threads...

AmericanDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2012, 04:35 PM
Money Baer
4 8 15 16 23 42

vCash: 50
Does anyone know his official height? His height ranges from 5'6 - 5'9 depending on what site I visit... His weight ranges too.

Unreal talent. Can't wait to see how he does with the University of Minnesota.

Money Baer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2012, 04:36 PM
Alberta tough

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanDream View Post
there you go folks, 1 game of viewing and thats that...

not going to really comment any further as I saw a different game then you as he played physical and went into traffic numerous times... its pretty common sense to play smart and attack into traffic in a pick and choose manner when your his size...

this kid isnt going to get a fair shake like Grimaldi so I will be happy to see him explode in college and then see the "why didnt he get drafted higher" threads...
I debated posting anything on him as I only saw him in one game, and I knew I would get bashed by someone for it. If you do not think he was tenative in the game not sure we need to go any further. His size at this point is a major conern.

Old
12-01-2012, 06:00 PM
Rabid Ranger
Imperiled Knight

Quote:
I debated posting anything on him as I only saw him in one game, and I knew I would get bashed by someone for it. If you do not think he was tenative in the game not sure we need to go any further. His size at this point is a major conern.
You should have stopped after saying you used one game to base your "evaluation."

Rabid Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2012, 06:13 PM
Alberta tough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabid Ranger View Post
You should have stopped after saying you used one game to base your "evaluation."
This site is funny if you post anything negative about a player justified or not you will be flamed for it by someone who like that player.

Old
12-01-2012, 06:24 PM
Scarecrow Boat

Quote:
This site is funny if you post anything negative about a player justified or not you will be flamed for it by someone who like that player.
You said yourself you based it off 1 viewing.

If I've seen this kid 15 times over 3 years and I've never seen what you're saying, I'm going to disagree with you and say well maybe you should watch him more than once because anyone who frequents this Propsect thread knows you should probably have multiple viewings under your belt before you comment too much.

Like Nathan MacKinnon for me, over the last 3 years I've only seen him live twice and both times he was invisible throughout his games. I watched him in Bantam a bunch and he was a star back then but I never comment on his abilities because I haven't seen him enough recently to have an educated opinion on him. Thankfully that's going to change this month but still unless you've seen the kid multiple times and have enough info on him to make an educated assessment of his abilities, don't be ******** when you get bashed.

Old
12-01-2012, 07:13 PM
Alberta tough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Tilander View Post

If I've seen this kid 15 times over 3 years and I've never seen what you're saying, I'm going to disagree with you and say well maybe you should watch him more than once because anyone who frequents this Propsect thread knows you should probably have multiple viewings under your belt before you comment too much.

Like Nathan MacKinnon for me, over the last 3 years I've only seen him live twice and both times he was invisible throughout his games. I watched him in Bantam a bunch and he was a star back then but I never comment on his abilities because I haven't seen him enough recently to have an educated opinion on him. Thankfully that's going to change this month but still unless you've seen the kid multiple times and have enough info on him to make an educated assessment of his abilities, don't be ******** when you get bashed.
Completely agree, but people are always making assumptions on here after seeing players once. I was merely pointing out in the game I saw the size concern issues were noticable. Had I said that he look great in the game we would not be having this discussion .

Old
12-01-2012, 07:37 PM
cagney
cdojdmccjajgejncjaba

I saw most of the US games at the World Junior A Challenge and I was a bit underwhelmed with Cammarata's play there to be honest. I'm sure he'll keep putting up points at the junior and college level and I'm sure if he goes in the third round or later there'll be a 'steal of the draft' thread for him and all. Regardless of that, there are things he'll certainly need to work on going forward to be an impact player at the NHL level.

cagney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2012, 08:54 PM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cagney View Post
I saw most of the US games at the World Junior A Challenge and I was a bit underwhelmed with Cammarata's play there to be honest. I'm sure he'll keep putting up points at the junior and college level and I'm sure if he goes in the third round or later there'll be a 'steal of the draft' thread for him and all. Regardless of that, there are things he'll certainly need to work on going forward to be an impact player at the NHL level.
I think his size is going to be a big problem.

UsernameWasTaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2012, 09:41 AM
herbst20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Tilander View Post

I have seen him 10 plus times in the last two years (fasthockey, preseason and regular season USHL) Taylor is a bit reluctant to go to the dirty areas for the puck. Some have said it is Waterloo's system, but I dont 100% buy that as Hinostroza and Stepan battle all the time. In open ice, his skills are second to none. He has unbelieveable ability to find open space on the ice and is vision is extraordinary. So even though Alberta Tough has only seen him one time, I will agree with him that Taylor very seldom goes to the corners or dirty areas.

herbst20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2012, 01:26 PM
keppel146
We love Bacon

great pick maybe in the 3rd or 4th round??

keppel146 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 06:41 AM
HalbertGil*
crab whom enjoy

So what's going on? He's leading USHL in scoring but is being overlooked because of his size. Will he be drafted?

Last edited by HalbertGil*: 02-02-2013 at 10:04 AM.
HalbertGil* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 07:32 AM
Money Baer
4 8 15 16 23 42

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by HalbertGil View Post
So what's going? He's leading USHL in scoring but is being overlooked because of his size. Will he be drafted?
Yes, he will be drafted. I could see him going early 3rd to late 5th. (probably not much higher or lower.)

Money Baer is offline   Reply With Quote