HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Notices

Chicago Wolves Discussion - Part VI

Closed Thread

Old
12-01-2012, 06:48 PM
The Bob Cole
Ohhhh Baby.

vCash: 500
There could be other reasons at play here guys... a lot goes on behind the scenes. Could be some behavioral issues and Arniel disciplining them.

Easy to point a finger and blame a coach for a teams failings, but ultimately a coach can only do so much, it's up to the players. Coaches get glorified for being able to rally your team, give some sort of 'inspirational' speech that will suddenly turn the momentum over. Reality is, if you're relying on that, you're already defeated. The coaches prepare the team to execute a game plan to the best of their ability. For all we know, Arniel has. At some point, you point the finger at the players too, not always the coach.

Edit: Jesus, I never looked at the standings until after this post. I thought the Wolves were in last place in the conference (not far away though...), yet with a win or two they're up in to 7th place.

If you're looking to make a statement to some players about habits, behavior, intensity, leadership - now is the time. You're on a slide, but you're not out. Make the switch midway through the season and you finish out the year strong.

Old
12-01-2012, 06:52 PM
Tiranis

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stovepipe Cup View Post
If you're looking to make a statement to some players about habits, behavior, intensity, leadership - now is the time. You're on a slide, but you're not out. Make the switch midway through the season and you finish out the year strong.
Maybe make a statement to the guys playing like crap. You know, Haydar, Ebbett, Rodin, Longpre, and so on. There are like 18 guys you can scratch before those two even come to mind as worthy candidates.

Old
12-01-2012, 06:53 PM
14s incisor

Quote:
There could be other reasons at play here guys... a lot goes on behind the scenes. Could be some behavioral issues and Arniel disciplining them.

Easy to point a finger and blame a coach for a teams failings, but ultimately a coach can only do so much, it's up to the players. Coaches get glorified for being able to rally your team, give some sort of 'inspirational' speech that will suddenly turn the momentum over. Reality is, if you're relying on that, you're already defeated. The coaches prepare the team to execute a game plan to the best of their ability. For all we know, Arniel has. At some point, you point the finger at the players too, not always the coach.

Edit: Jesus, I never looked at the standings until after this post. I thought the Wolves were in last place in the conference (not far away though...), yet with a win or two they're up in to 7th place.

Arniel has been making poor personell/lineup choices the entire season. How do you blame the players for that?

Old
12-01-2012, 06:57 PM
Drop the Sopel
Feaster famine

When I watch the Wolves the one thing that stands out is how badly they need a Marc-Andre Gragnani. Bit of a head scratcher they would let him go with such a pathetic offensive push from the backend. Knowing there was going to be a lockout isn't it a no-brainer to retain this guy to help the Wolves offense?

Old
12-01-2012, 07:00 PM
Canuckee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drop the Sopel View Post
When I watch the Wolves the one thing that stands out is how badly they need a Marc-Andre Gragnani. Bit of a head scratcher they would let him go with such a pathetic offensive push from the backend. Knowing there was going to be a lockout isn't it a no-brainer to retain this guy to help the Wolves offense?
We were making the push for Schultz if I remember.

Old
12-01-2012, 07:01 PM
The Bob Cole
Ohhhh Baby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14s incisor View Post
Arniel has been making poor personell/lineup choices the entire season. How do you blame the players for that?
Really? What have they been?

Old
12-01-2012, 07:04 PM
Tiranis

Quote:
Wolves have had a new forward lineup for every one of the 20 games this year. That's pathetic and gives the players zero time to create any sort of chemistry. That's not even going into Ebbett and Haydar getting force-fed 1st PP time even though they've done crap with it all year. Ebbett is still on the PK despite being the weakest link and the PK being last in the league. Schroeder hasn't even gotten a chance on the PK even though he had pretty good results last year and was a regular. I could probably keep going for the next 30 minutes about how many ****ed up decisions he has made.

Old
12-01-2012, 07:05 PM
14s incisor

Quote:
Constant line juggling, PP, certain players' TOI.

Have have you watched many games this season?

Old
12-01-2012, 07:06 PM
jigsaw99
#fireAV

Quote:
Well for one.. he keeps playing Ebbett and Haydar like they are franchise player despite the fact that they have been struggling like hell this year.

Old
12-01-2012, 07:06 PM
Tiranis

I hope the Wolves get absolutely blown out and Arniel gets fired. Dumb, dumb, dumb.

Old
12-01-2012, 07:11 PM
PoolChamp

I hope Schroeder and Kassian both get hat tricks.

Old
12-01-2012, 07:12 PM
Tiranis

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoolChamp View Post
I hope Schroeder and Kassian both get hat tricks.
From the press box... ?

Old
12-01-2012, 07:14 PM
PoolChamp

lmao tune in for 2 seconds and... Peoria to the power play.

Old
12-01-2012, 07:14 PM
PoolChamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiranis View Post
From the press box... ?
what? they aren't playing, why?

Old
12-01-2012, 07:15 PM
Tiranis

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoolChamp View Post
what? they aren't playing, why?
See the past 2 pages. Because Arniel is an idiot.

Old
12-01-2012, 07:16 PM
PoolChamp

in that case, I hope they get blown out and he gets fired

Old
12-01-2012, 07:19 PM
stevecanuck16

vCash: 50
Anyone have a stream for tonight? Having no luck so far. Please PM!

Old
12-01-2012, 07:20 PM
VinnyC
vancity, c-bus, 'peg

For a franchise that cares about winning sure a lot of things are being done to the contrary of that goal.

Old
12-01-2012, 07:20 PM
PoolChamp

Quote:
Maybe make a statement to the guys playing like crap. You know, Haydar, Ebbett, Rodin, Longpre, and so on. There are like 18 guys you can scratch before those two even come to mind as worthy candidates.
Maybe his thinking is. "Lets see how you clowns do without the two best players carrying you."

Not saying it's right.

Old
12-01-2012, 07:21 PM
orcatown

Good shift by Archibald - causing problems around the net and on the forecheck

Renew to get the feed

Old
12-01-2012, 07:21 PM
stevecanuck16

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by orcatown View Post
Good shift by Archibald - causing problems around the net and on the forecheck

Renew to get the feed
Not sure what this means...could you PM me if you've found a stream?

Old
12-01-2012, 07:27 PM
orcatown

Getting it off AHL Live

Old
12-01-2012, 07:28 PM
Reverend Mayhem
1 for you, 19 for me

vCash: 940
Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
Quote:
Apparently they don't care about winning either... How the hell do you scratch your point leader for the month of November (9 points) when you're short on centres as it is? Scratching Kassian is also perplexing, by far the best winger that they have.
Because scratching your captain who has to score might upset him?

I got nothing. Ridiculous.

Old
12-01-2012, 07:32 PM
Elbows of Bure

Quote:

This crossed my mind. The only good explanation that I can think of is that maybe Arniel is saying to the 12 forwards playing: "you guys have been garbage; these guys who have been carrying the team get the night off so you 18 can show me how to really play." I loathe to speculate that Kassian and Schroeder have behind the scenes issues.

Old
12-01-2012, 07:34 PM
orcatown

Rodin is having an excellent game to this point.

Closed Thread