HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > EA Sports NHL
EA Sports NHL Discussion forum for EA Sports NHL video games.

The Sitwell Enterprises Lineup-Trade Block

Old
12-01-2012, 11:08 AM
Jack de la Hoya

vCash: 500
I notice some people have still not posted / updated their trading blocks. A few still seem to have the default roster listed, and no indication of holes / needs / available assets.

Jack de la Hoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2012, 11:11 AM
xX Hot Fuss
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt1396 View Post

Carter
Richards
Bernier

Kovalchuk
2013 NJ 1st round pick
Severson

xX Hot Fuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2012, 11:12 AM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by xX Hot Fuss View Post
Which team is that directed at?

Old
12-01-2012, 11:16 AM
matt1396

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya View Post
Fuss hates it when I make big trades so probably me.

matt1396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2012, 11:22 AM
Gary83*

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt1396 View Post
Fuss hates it when I make big trades so probably me.
Well I think fuss realizes that kobalchuk isn't a huge upgrade on carter.

Certainly not big enough to add Richards to the deal.

Now you'll be looking for a 2nd line c?

I dunno, to each their own I guess.

Gary83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2012, 11:24 AM
SUBdrewgANS
born into trouble

Send a message via AIM to SUBdrewgANS
Need Trade Blocks From

Need to Update Block Posts

Please do it Asap

SUBdrewgANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2012, 11:26 AM
xX Hot Fuss
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
@ for 1) Trading Kovalchuck 2) Adding a 1st (total overpayment) 3) Acquiring Bernier as his "Brodeur Replacement"

I have Carter AND Bernier in Bluth, neither of them are super elite players. Neither Carter nor Richards give you anywhere near the offensive ability that Kovalchuk does. He has the 3rd best shot in this game behind Stamkos and Ovie. He's also incredibly fast and hits like a Semi-truck

@ for going from Kopitar, Richards, Carter, Stoll in center depth to Kopitar, Loktionov, Stoll. With as many injuries as there already are simming 1/3rd of the schedule let alone simming half of it, an injury to Kopitar/Stoll destroys the Kings. I get packaging Carter/Richards + Bernier for an upgrade at wing but not all 3.

Edit: no self-respecting Devils fan would ever want Carter and/or Richards on their team lol

Old
12-01-2012, 11:26 AM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary83 View Post
Well I think fuss realizes that kobalchuk isn't a huge upgrade on carter.

Certainly not big enough to add Richards to the deal.

Now you'll be looking for a 2nd line c?

I dunno, to each their own I guess.
In game play, I think this is fair.

On the other hand, half the games are simmed, right? Kovalchuk consistently produces in the hands of the CPU, and having a true LW will make it easier for Kings to keep his lines in order during the simulation phase--when the AI likes to get inventive and reshuffle the lines.

It's an overpayment in my eyes, but everyone kept saying that that was what was required for a superstar player.

Stoll is a very good player in this game. He can be a 2C. He's also got Loktionov.

(That said, if Kopitar gets hurt, Kings are screwed. )

Quote:
@ for 1) Trading Kovalchuck 2) Adding a 1st (total overpayment) 3) Acquiring Bernier as his "Brodeur Replacement"

I have Carter AND Bernier in Bluth, neither of them are super elite players. Neither Carter nor Richards give you anywhere near the offensive ability that Kovalchuk does. He has the 3rd best shot in this game behind Stamkos and Ovie. He's also incredibly fast and hits like a Semi-truck
Disagree a bit on Carter. He's a very, very good player in the game because of his speed / shot.

But I think that the point, from the Devils perspect, was to turn one superstar asset into two starts. The Devils are very thin, ad I know, based on playing Wilco, that he was finding that teams just locked onto Kovy. Now he can spread the offensive around a bit.

Also, Bernier gets to 85-86 overall in a few years without too much trouble.

Quote:
Edit: no self-respecting Devils fan would ever want Carter and/or Richards on their team lol
As a Flyers fan, this is tough for me to swallow as well.

Old
12-01-2012, 11:29 AM
dbridge

For the record, a few days ago when there was that almost Kovalchuk trade that lead to the whole discussion of franchise players, that was a trade I had in principle with NJ that would've gotten me Kovalchuk and Scott Wedgewood for Kesler, Booth, Schneider, and Rodin. I thought that was a good offer for him (I wouldn't have made that offer for any player other than Kovalchuk most likely, he is the player I'm best with in the game), but I guess the idea of getting Richards and Carter was too good to pass up in his eyes.

dbridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2012, 11:32 AM
CBJ All The Way
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbridge92 View Post
For the record, a few days ago when there was that almost Kovalchuk trade that lead to the whole discussion of franchise players, that was a trade I had in principle with NJ that would've gotten me Kovalchuk and Scott Wedgewood for Kesler, Booth, Schneider, and Rodin. I thought that was a good offer for him (I wouldn't have made that offer for any player other than Kovalchuk most likely, he is the player I'm best with in the game), but I guess the idea of getting Richards and Carter was too good to pass up in his eyes.
Hmm interesting offer I like it though

CBJ All The Way is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2012, 11:34 AM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
That's tough.

Kesler > Richards
Booth < Carter
Schneider < Bernier (long-term, at least)
Rodin > 2013 1st.

On the other hand, Devils didn't have to give up their pick to you.

I think, in the end, Carter's goal-scoring was just too critical for Devils to pass on in giving up Kovy.

Old
12-01-2012, 11:38 AM
dbridge

I might just dislike that deal because for whatever reason, I cannot play well with Carter for the life of me. Any time I play with LA online, I find my self uttering "**** you Carter" at least 3 times per game.

dbridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2012, 11:39 AM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
I might just dislike that deal because for whatever reason, I cannot play well with Carter for the life of me. Any time I play with LA online, I find my self uttering "**** you Carter" at least 3 times per game.
Again, as a Flyers fan, I have to say, that's completely realistic.

I'm surprised to read that, though. I've always found Carter to have excellent acceleration for a bigger player.

Old
12-01-2012, 11:39 AM
xX Hot Fuss
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
That's tough.

Kesler > Richards
Booth < Carter
Rodin > 2013 1st.

I think, in the end, Carter's goal-scoring was just too critical for Devils to pass on in giving up Kovy.
Schneider < Bernier???? Does Bernier have some major development spike or something? He's 5'11 and very prone to wrist shots and weak goals. Also with a lower OVR than COrey

Old
12-01-2012, 11:42 AM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Schneider < Bernier???? Does Bernier have some major development spike or something? He's 5'11 and very prone to wrist shots and weak goals. Also with a lower OVR than COrey
Schneider doesn't progress much, and many have told me, at least, that he plays below his OV. Bernier is lower now, but ends up higher in just about every case that I've seen. Also, it is hard to ignore age as a factor, here. Devils don't need bernier to start this year, or possibly even in 2013-2014. They need him in season three, when he will be roughly equal to Schnieder's overall, and three years younger.

I'm not sure Bernier is more prone to weak shots than Schneider--but I probably haven't played enough with either to really judge. I just know that I tend to struggle against Bernier, even at 80 overall, more than Schneider at 83.

Last edited by Jack de la Hoya: 12-01-2012 at 12:59 PM. Reason: Fixed Bernier's rating.
Old
12-01-2012, 12:17 PM
noexult

Bernier can become an 87 OVR at age 29-30. He will be better than Schneider anyway...

Last edited by noexult: 12-01-2012 at 12:22 PM.
noexult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2012, 12:43 PM
Jack de la Hoya

A few modest tweaks to the trade block

I've now made veteran top-six RW's Johan Franzen (83) and D. Cleary (81) and veteran top-4 defenseman Ian White (84) available. I'm willing to include one of many forward prospects as well. White is injured for another 15 games or so (not sure the exact number), so probably 10 games left after the next double advance.

I'm looking for a top-six RW-SNP, but I'd be willing to consider a LW-SNP. Franzen + is available for an upgrade. I'd also be willing to move White + depth forward for a similarly rated winger (84) + depth defenseman.

Old
12-01-2012, 12:46 PM
TheFadedLine

Quote:
That's tough.

Kesler > Richards
Booth < Carter
Rodin > 2013 1st.

I'm not sure about gameplay because I have never and will never play as the ******* casucks. But at least in real life Richards is a more valuable player
than kesler and Schneider is likely a better goalie than bernier.

TheFadedLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2012, 12:48 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFadedLine View Post
I'm not sure about gameplay because I have never and will never play as the ******* casucks. But at least in real life Richards is a more valuable player
than kesler and Schneider is likely a better goalie than bernier.
I think Richards and Kesler are pretty close--both in the game and in real life.

I agree on Schneider over Bernier in real life, but in the game, he's a bit too old to get a significant bump in progression. That's what makes Bernier a bit more valuble (in NHL 13), in my opinion.

Old
12-01-2012, 12:55 PM
wilco5886
Come On You Spurs

Quote:
Schneider doesn't progress much, and many have told me, at least, that he plays below his OV. Bernier is lower now, but ends up higher in just about every case that I've seen. Also, it is hard to ignore age as a factor, here. Devils don't need bernier to start this year, or possibly even in 2013-2014. They need him in season three, when he will be roughly equal to Schnieder's overall, and three years younger.

I'm not sure Bernier is more prone to weak shots than Schneider--but I probably haven't played enough with either to really judge. I just know that I tend to struggle against Bernier, even at 78 overall, more than Schneider at 83.
Jack (in his various posts) pretty much explained my logic in the deal. Obviously Carter or Richards alone cannot provide what Kovy can bring in offensive talent, but I didn't trade for one of them I traded for both. Carter and Richards together should at least match the output of Kovy. I now have a one-two punch of Richards and Zajac up the middle, two great two-way centers. Carter, although he can't match Kovy's offensive production, certainly helps offset that loss.

I consider Bernier better than Schneider now and in the future. Most games I've played with or against Schneider he has been nothing short of awful (I put up 7 on him not but two nights ago). Bernier is also younger and I'll hopefully be able to lock him up long term to a reasonable cap hit after this year. Although some may scoff at the idea of getting replacement for Brodeur, I think most reasonable people would see that he has at most 2 years left. I'd prefer to get a goalie I can have for the next decade now, then head into the offseason worried how I'm going to replace Brodeur if he retires.

Finally, adding a 1st is only an overpayment if I end up in the bottom 10. It is certainly a risk I am taking considering we are simming half the year, but I'm confident that I'm a good enough player that the pick will be at worst (or at best, depending on your perspective) a middle 1st. Severson, although a 4* prospect, is 56 ovr and I've heard only reaches 72 by the time he is 23 (5 years from now). I can understand the sentiment of being happy that Kovy is out of the east, but frankly I'm very happy with the return I got and most I've talked to said either "take that deal and run," (prior to the trade) or "I can't believe the return you were able to get," (after the trade).

P.S. One correction Jack, Bernier is currently 80 ovr.

wilco5886 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2012, 01:14 PM
noexult

updated their roster/trade block as well.

noexult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2012, 02:28 PM
Beardfish

Updated Trade Block

Future Franchise Defenseman available!

Beardfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2012, 08:06 PM
dimes

Trade Block

A. Kostitsyn 83 - Legwand 83 - Erat 83
S. Kostitsyn 81 - Fisher 82 - Hornqvist 82
Spaling 78 - Wilson 80 - Halischuk 77
Smith 79 - Gaustad 77 - Yip 75

Blum 81 - Weber 90
Hannan 81 - Gill 80
Ellis 72 - Klein 78

Josi 73
Bourque 71

On the Block:
Looking to move Weber OFD 90 for a top line forward or some solid D depth (a first pairing D + a second pairing D)

Untouchables:
Rinne
Other than that nobody, everyone can be had for the right price.

dimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2012, 08:08 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimes View Post
Trade Block

A. Kostitsyn 83 - Legwand 83 - Erat 83
S. Kostitsyn 81 - Fisher 82 - Hornqvist 82
Spaling 78 - Wilson 80 - Halischuk 77
Smith 79 - Gaustad 77 - Yip 75

Blum 81 - Weber 90
Hannan 81 - Gill 80
Ellis 72 - Klein 78

Josi 73
Bourque 71

On the Block:
Looking to move Weber OFD 90 for a top line forward or some solid D depth (a first pairing D + a second pairing D)

Untouchables:
Rinne
Other than that nobody, everyone can be had for the right price.
Weber is DFD right?

Old
12-01-2012, 08:35 PM
slightlystewpid420

Quote:
After falling short in the Kovalchuk sweepstakes, the Canucks have turned elsewhere for their top line winger.
To
Corey Perry
Dan Ellis
Jordan Hendry (only included to balance out contracts)

To
Cory Schneider
David Booth
Nicklas Jensen
Van 2013 1st round pick

Vancouver is willing to take on Perry's expiring contract for a decent return to see what havoc can be wrecked with a Sedin/Sedin/Perry line; at the same time there should be enough opening up cap space for an extension in the off-season.
wow how did i miss that, confirmed

slightlystewpid420 is offline   Reply With Quote