HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012-2013 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects thread 2.0

Closed Thread

Old
11-30-2012, 10:41 AM
Prospector

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
I watched the Vail game last night, thought it was the best i've seen from him yet as he could easily of had 3 or more points. Would like to see him improve his lower body strength though.
Yep, he looked great in that game.. Oh and nice goal by Andreas Athanasiou during that game!

Old
11-30-2012, 06:04 PM
LaurentHabs
Wat.

Brady Vail on Sportsnet now

Old
11-30-2012, 06:07 PM
onice

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurentHabs View Post
Brady Vail on Sportsnet now
With PK

Old
11-30-2012, 06:38 PM
LaurentHabs
Wat.

Vail draws a penalty shot but didn't do anything special, tried stickhandling and a low backhand shot stopped by Windsor GK

Old
11-30-2012, 07:58 PM
NewHabsEra*

Hudon with a tough night trying to shut down Mackinnon and Droin.. 1 assist -3 in a 7-1 loss to the Mooseheads..

Old
11-30-2012, 08:10 PM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
Hudon with a tough night trying to shut down Mackinnon and Droin.. 1 assist -3 in a 7-1 loss to the Mooseheads..
There's not much you can do against such a strong team.

Old
11-30-2012, 08:40 PM
Habnot

Very impressed with Vail tonight. Good skater, impressive fore check, positions himself very well. Gets load of quality ice time. Also bigger than I expected.

Old
11-30-2012, 11:08 PM
Protest the Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habnot View Post
Very impressed with Vail tonight. Good skater, impressive fore check, positions himself very well. Gets load of quality ice time. Also bigger than I expected.
He looked tired at times, but he's very smart.

Old
12-01-2012, 12:47 AM
Et le But

Bozon isn't too happy with his recent play...

Quote:
tim bozon ‏@timbozon94

Bad day , bad month ...�� but Tomorrow is a new month #getbetter #isuck #awful #bad

Old
12-01-2012, 08:27 AM
sharks9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Went from 27 points in 13 october games to 7 points in 11 November games so I could see why he would be frustrated. Hopefully he picks it up this month!

Old
12-01-2012, 11:35 AM
SeriousFan09

Looks like Nygren was suspended by the league for his head-checking penalty in his last game. He was out of the lineup for Farjestads today.

Old
12-01-2012, 11:36 AM
bcv
My french sucks.

Didier is out for 3-6 weeks with a high-ankle sprain

per @Habsprospect

Old
12-01-2012, 11:57 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Sucks that Dider is out, would have gotten to see him last night and twice next weekend vs North Dakota.

Watched Colin Sullivan last night, he was on the bottom pairing and got limited ice time, although not a surprise considering he's a Freshman on the top rated team in the NCAA. He barely saw the ice in the 3rd, but overall I thought he was solid. He's got a solid frame, good lower body strength and a powerful stride. He got off one point shot, a slapper that had some heat on it, and he didn't seem to have any trouble moving the puck. Good physical abilities, skating/mobility/speed, lower body strength and a decent frame (not overly tall but looks like he could still fill out a bit).

Old
12-01-2012, 04:36 PM
Rozz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
i was at the game last night sitting right behing the americans goal .. and he might not have been putting up too many points this past month but the games i've been there for he works hard for the most part, hes got great hands and speed to burn .. he made one play last night which blew me away.. he banked the puck off the boards danced around the opposing player to get it back, jumped over a broken stick in his way.. split the defender drove towards the net.. set up a beautiful pass over to one of his line mates (cant quite remember which linemate) who couldnt handle the pass and messed up a sick open shot at the net .. i was on feet when i saw this .. it was awesome.. but he wasnt playing with lipon or smith that much last night.. i suspect if he was for that play he would of had an assist in the game at least.

another really nice thing i noticed in the few games ive been at is how agressive he can be.. i was at the game where he was suspended for "spitting" funny thing was that was the least of what happend .. he got into a fight after the last wistle and took the guy down and was relentlessly pounding the kid on the ice and 2 reffs were trying to pull him off the guy and ended up falling down with them .. i knew he was gonna get a suspention but then heard later it was for "spitting" and i laughed so hard

Old
12-01-2012, 05:36 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
i was at the game last night sitting right behing the americans goal .. and he might not have been putting up too many points this past month but the games i've been there for he works hard for the most part, hes got great hands and speed to burn .. he made one play last night which blew me away.. he banked the puck off the boards danced around the opposing player to get it back, jumped over a broken stick in his way.. split the defender drove towards the net.. set up a beautiful pass over to one of his line mates (cant quite remember which linemate) who couldnt handle the pass and messed up a sick open shot at the net .. i was on feet when i saw this .. it was awesome.. but he wasnt playing with lipon or smith that much last night.. i suspect if he was for that play he would of had an assist in the game at least.

another really nice thing i noticed in the few games ive been at is how agressive he can be.. i was at the game where he was suspended for "spitting" funny thing was that was the least of what happend .. he got into a fight after the last wistle and took the guy down and was relentlessly pounding the kid on the ice and 2 reffs were trying to pull him off the guy and ended up falling down with them .. i knew he was gonna get a suspention but then heard later it was for "spitting" and i laughed so hard
Good to see him show passion..I don't think he will ever be a well rounded player but that sort of commitment is good to see in a prospect like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriousFan09 View Post
Looks like Nygren was suspended by the league for his head-checking penalty in his last game. He was out of the lineup for Farjestads today.
Would be interesting if he's developing a nasty streak, probably just one stupid play though.

Old
12-01-2012, 06:29 PM
EveryDay

Kristo is playing tonight?

Old
12-01-2012, 07:26 PM
Bernier the Boats
Formerly BBurke

Quote:
I think you have a real player in Hudon. I like him better than Collberg at this point. To me he's the second best player you guys pulled out of an overall great draft haul. I think he's a lock for next years world juniors.

Old
12-01-2012, 07:29 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Ours!

vCash: 597
Hudon had an assist late to keep his point streak going. Up to 11 games.

North Dakota game starts in 30 minutes, Every Day.

Old
12-01-2012, 08:06 PM
Habnot

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBurke View Post
I think you have a real player in Hudon. I like him better than Collberg at this point. To me he's the second best player you guys pulled out of an overall great draft haul. I think he's a lock for next years world juniors.
Love Hudon - but a lot will depend on how much mass he can add on his frame. Still concerned about his strength.

Don't under-estimate Vail. He already has a pro type body with good puck skills. He might be the true steal of our draft.

Collberg is still a wildcard. Higher upside but higher risk.

Old
12-01-2012, 08:24 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Hudon would have struggles if he played against adults too.

Don't get me wrong, Hudon is earning his praise. Hudon is exceeding expectations while Collberg is unexceptionally following a typical development curve of European prospects, but this is the "what have you done for me lately" projection at its finest. Comparing junior and professional numbers isn't fair at all.

Both are projecting to be second liners right now. Hudon is more well rounded by Collberg has 30+ goal potential.

Old
12-01-2012, 08:30 PM
EveryDay

Danny Kristo just scores!

Goal was finally give to Knight.... assist for MacMillan

Last edited by EveryDay: 12-01-2012 at 08:55 PM.
Old
12-01-2012, 08:47 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Chicoutimi has a few injuries, I think their top 2 goalies are out(Gibson might be back up) since Billia started tonight. Grgoire and a few others out, they only had 16 skaters tonight and finished with 15 with Dauphin leaving.

Old
12-01-2012, 09:03 PM
sharks9

Quote:
According to Bob Mckenzie he's a lock for this year's World Juniors.

Old
12-01-2012, 09:17 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharks9 View Post
According to Bob Mckenzie he's a lock for this year's World Juniors.
He said he should be a lock based on his play at the Subway Series and so far.

He's got a great chance, but not a lock.

Old
12-01-2012, 11:19 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Ours!

vCash: 597
Bozon with an assist. Looks like he's back with Smith and Lipon.

Dietz -2...he sure accumulates a lot of those.

Closed Thread