HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

St. John's IceCaps 2012-13

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-01-2012, 04:06 AM
  #801
Duir
Registered Bunk
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 687
vCash: 500
Awesome, thanks garret.

Duir is offline  
Old
12-01-2012, 07:45 AM
  #802
MrMariusz
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Belgium
Country: Belgium
Posts: 1,549
vCash: 500
It was about time for things to go right for the IceCaps a few games in a row. This team will easily make the playoffs with some of the long-term injured folks back, but I'm glad to see the team starting to do better now already, they were definitely underachieving.

MrMariusz is online now  
Old
12-01-2012, 01:10 PM
  #803
Guardian17
Strong & Free
 
Guardian17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,371
vCash: 500
Nice to see the IceCaps put a winning streak together.

Guardian17 is offline  
Old
12-01-2012, 07:19 PM
  #804
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi
 
garret9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 11,666
vCash: 500
Jaffray - Burmistrov - Machacek
Telegin - Maxwell - Klingberg
Sides - Macenauer - Sawada
Gregoire - Gagnon - Clark

Melchiori - Postma
Arsene - Redmond
Chiarot - Meech

2-0Penguins... no shots on net for SJ yet
2-1: beautiful cycling by Machacek, great backdoor pass by Postma to Jaffray
2-2:Nice win on the faceoff, solid shot by Melchiori, tipped by Sawada
3-2 Peng: bad bounce on the PK
4-2: sigh...


Last edited by garret9: 12-01-2012 at 09:06 PM.
garret9 is offline  
Old
12-01-2012, 08:03 PM
  #805
Mathil8
▌▌▌│▌▌│▌▌▌│▌▌│▌▌▌│▌▌
 
Mathil8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba
Country: Canada
Posts: 534
vCash: 50
http://www.thefirstrow.eu/watch/1566...-scranton.html

Mathil8 is offline  
Old
12-01-2012, 08:30 PM
  #806
DespoticNewt
Registered User
 
DespoticNewt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,322
vCash: 166
Ho damn, that was a super clean faceoff win on the IceCaps 2nd goal.

DespoticNewt is online now  
Old
12-01-2012, 08:33 PM
  #807
DespoticNewt
Registered User
 
DespoticNewt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,322
vCash: 166
This is a sick PK by the boys. Jaffray's all over it.

DespoticNewt is online now  
Old
12-01-2012, 09:06 PM
  #808
JetsHomer
Registered User
 
JetsHomer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 3,638
vCash: 500
The announcer thinks Burmi turned it over but I don't think he did...he checked the guy, the guy passed the puck and the person beside the net taped it in

JetsHomer is offline  
Old
12-01-2012, 09:10 PM
  #809
DespoticNewt
Registered User
 
DespoticNewt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,322
vCash: 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying High View Post
The announcer thinks Burmi turned it over but I don't think he did...he checked the guy, the guy passed the puck and the person beside the net taped it in
That's what I saw, too.

DespoticNewt is online now  
Old
12-01-2012, 09:17 PM
  #810
gdsmack267
Registered User
 
gdsmack267's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Rochester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 2,598
vCash: 500
Your guys announcer is hilarious. hes more entertaining then the game at times

gdsmack267 is offline  
Old
12-01-2012, 09:20 PM
  #811
JetsHomer
Registered User
 
JetsHomer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 3,638
vCash: 500
He's such a huge homer. It's pretty funny

JetsHomer is offline  
Old
12-01-2012, 09:21 PM
  #812
gdsmack267
Registered User
 
gdsmack267's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Rochester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 2,598
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying High View Post
He's such a huge homer. It's pretty funny
I love how he kept saying they gifted bennet with an assist on the 4th goal when it was all pretty passing lol

side note: I love how he pronounces Despres (day-spray)

gdsmack267 is offline  
Old
12-01-2012, 09:25 PM
  #813
DespoticNewt
Registered User
 
DespoticNewt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,322
vCash: 166
Huh. I figured that looked like offside, but the Max Macho tandem gets one for the Caps.

DespoticNewt is online now  
Old
12-01-2012, 09:35 PM
  #814
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi
 
garret9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 11,666
vCash: 500
Hey, guys who were dissing Burmi... you have his first actual bad game today

garret9 is offline  
Old
12-01-2012, 09:56 PM
  #815
sipowicz
The Original
 
sipowicz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,541
vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by garret9 View Post
Hey, guys who were dissing Burmi... you have his first actual bad game today
With only 2 goals and 9 assists in 22 games he's had a lot of bad games, for a supposed NHL regular he now sits 4th in the St. Johns scoring race behind Meech and both Jaffray and Machacek. Pretty sure Burmi doesn't feel good about his lack of scoring at the AHL level.

You can only sugar coat Burmi's play so long, he is now playing at the correct level for his ability. On the plus side he will only get better, on the down side he had no business playing in the NHL the past two seasons. The later we will blame on the Atlanta Thrashers management (Dudley).

PS Would guess Jets management isn't thrilled about his lack of scoring either, he had better turn this around this season or they will no longer consider him an NHL ready player, believe me they will fill his slot either through a trade or with a certain guy in Barrie. There is no way management are grooming him to take over Slater's role either. Bet a lot of guys are eating crow when it comes to Noel's handling of Burmi last season, the guys that criticized Noel for benching him in games last season, who criticized Noel for yelling at Burmi on the bench.


Last edited by sipowicz: 12-01-2012 at 10:15 PM.
sipowicz is online now  
Old
12-01-2012, 10:09 PM
  #816
JetsHomer
Registered User
 
JetsHomer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 3,638
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sipowicz View Post
With only 2 goals and 9 assists in 22 games he's had a lot of bad games, for a supposed NHL regular he now sits 4th in the St. Johns scoring race behind Meech and both Jaffray and Machacek. Pretty sure Burmi doesn't feel good about his lack of scoring at the AHL level.

You can only sugar coat Burmi's play so long, he is now playing at the correct level for his ability. On the plus side he will only get better, on the down side he had no business playing in the NHL the past two seasons. The later we will blame on the Atlanta Thrashers management (Dudley).
Please point out what other games you feel he didn't play well in? Oh that's right you can't. Because you don't watch games. Seriously dude, you gotta stop. Making yourself look pretty foolish making bold assumptions about players you don't even watch.

And I'm sure Jets management aren't ready to throw him under the bus cause he hasnt put up a PPG? Why you ask? Probably because they watch him play and know what's going on. Unlike some people.

He's not clicking with his line. Not really sure why they haven't played him with Telegin and Klingberg

JetsHomer is offline  
Old
12-01-2012, 10:18 PM
  #817
sipowicz
The Original
 
sipowicz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,541
vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying High View Post
Please point out what other games you feel he didn't play well in? Oh that's right you can't. Because you don't watch games. Seriously dude, you gotta stop. Making yourself look pretty foolish making bold assumptions about players you don't even watch.

And I'm sure Jets management aren't ready to throw him under the bus cause he hasnt put up a PPG? Why you ask? Probably because they watch him play and know what's going on. Unlike some people.

He's not clicking with his line. Not really sure why they haven't played him with Telegin and Klingberg
We've already heard that Jets management isn't happy with his play and YES I have watched him a few times this season, his defensive play is good, he still tends to float with the puck in the offensive zone and he doesn't go where he is supposed to go with the puck which he did all of last season with the Jets.

Let me ask you, do you think 2 goals in 22 games is good for an offensive NHL forward playing a league level lower in the AHL?


Last edited by sipowicz: 12-01-2012 at 10:25 PM.
sipowicz is online now  
Old
12-01-2012, 10:19 PM
  #818
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi
 
garret9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 11,666
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sipowicz View Post
With only 2 goals and 9 assists in 22 games he's had a lot of bad games, for a supposed NHL regular he now sits 4th in the St. Johns scoring race behind Meech and both Jaffray and Machacek. Pretty sure Burmi doesn't feel good about his lack of scoring at the AHL level.

You can only sugar coat Burmi's play so long, he is now playing at the correct level for his ability. On the plus side he will only get better, on the down side he had no business playing in the NHL the past two seasons. The later we will blame on the Atlanta Thrashers management (Dudley).


Hey I say it how it is.
If a player is sucking I'll call them out. Burmistrov did not do well today. Period.

I've missed two games, so who knows about them but one of them he was awarded the SJ hardest worker award so I doubt he was bad at that one.

I can 100% tell you this without a doubt in my mind... the bolded parts of your comments is just plain wrong. I don't get why you guys don't get this.

1) Just because he didn't get points in a game doesn't mean he had a bad game??? That concept is just plain... well I can only think of derogatory terms right now so I'll hold it. You can score and still play *****y and you can play awesome and not score. This has been Burmistrov's only bad game (that I've seen).

2) He's a *proven* NHLer last season. Period. He beat middle of the road competition which is better than a good half of NHL regulars can say.
*If you want to use advance stats he was 85/405 NHLers with 30+ games for Rel Corsi
*If you want to talk scoring production he's 261/405 NHLers with 30+games for pts/60mins
*the people above him could have easier assignments
IE: on average he's a top 3 forward for being able to beat his opponents he's lined up against and 8th best producing forward on most teams.


Edit:
Sorry about the partial freak out rant...
Just some of those things aren't true and it bothers me. Ya maybe he won't be a top6 guy or ya maybe he won't learn to produce like we think he could if he improved certain things... but currently he tracks to be the best non-top6 guy on the Jets current roster... and he would be a solid middle 6 guy on almost any team in the NHL already.


Last edited by garret9: 12-01-2012 at 10:25 PM.
garret9 is offline  
Old
12-01-2012, 10:32 PM
  #819
sipowicz
The Original
 
sipowicz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,541
vCash: 200
Garret, I will retract " he's had a lot of bad games" and will change that to "he's had a lot of un-productive games offensively"

There is no problem with the defensive aspect of his game which he has proven, he can do that well at the NHL level.

sipowicz is online now  
Old
12-01-2012, 10:33 PM
  #820
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi
 
garret9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 11,666
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sipowicz View Post
Garret, I will retract " he's had a lot of bad games" and will change that to "he's had a lot of un-productive games offensively"

There is no problem with the defensive aspect of his game which he has proven, he can do that well at the NHL level.
I can agree to that and will also like to apologize if I sounded like an a** before

garret9 is offline  
Old
12-01-2012, 10:37 PM
  #821
JetsHomer
Registered User
 
JetsHomer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 3,638
vCash: 500
Dude. Stop bringing up his goal totals. Not every nhl player is a goal scorer, nor are they looked at to score goals. In fact most centers aren't looked at to score goals. Anyone that's played pee-wee hockey can tell you this. Bring up his point totals if you want to make an argument. Goals scored is seriously your most ridiculous argument you keep making about Burmi. Stop bringing it up. Or I guess you can keep it up if you don't mind being looked at as ignorant of basic hockey knowledge...

JetsHomer is offline  
Old
12-01-2012, 10:40 PM
  #822
Bob E
Registered User
 
Bob E's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Winnerpeg
Posts: 4,002
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying High View Post
Please point out what other games you feel he didn't play well in? Oh that's right you can't. Because you don't watch games. Seriously dude, you gotta stop. Making yourself look pretty foolish making bold assumptions about players you don't even watch.

And I'm sure Jets management aren't ready to throw him under the bus cause he hasnt put up a PPG? Why you ask? Probably because they watch him play and know what's going on. Unlike some people.

He's not clicking with his line. Not really sure why they haven't played him with Telegin and Klingberg
It doesn't help that he's not producing points. At some point, Jets management will look to replace him with someone who can play well defensively AND produce points. That's just common sense.

Now 3 months into his AHL tenue, i'm sure there are no "trade Burmi" chants going on with Jets management, but they will want to produce some points soon. To say otherwise is crazy. Maybe he needs another year in the AHL, that's fine, but if Burmi is a 10 g scorer in the AHL or NHL, he'll be replaced. Fact of life.

Bob E is online now  
Old
12-01-2012, 10:44 PM
  #823
sipowicz
The Original
 
sipowicz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,541
vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying High View Post
Dude. Stop bringing up his goal totals. Not every nhl player is a goal scorer, nor are they looked at to score goals. In fact most centers aren't looked at to score goals. Anyone that's played pee-wee hockey can tell you this. Bring up his point totals if you want to make an argument. Goals scored is seriously your most ridiculous argument you keep making about Burmi. Stop bringing it up. Or I guess you can keep it up if you don't mind being looked at as ignorant of basic hockey knowledge...
Thing is though, management has Burmi playing in St.Johns to figure out his game, they said that, he's not there to sharpen his skating or defensive skills, sure not every NHL forward is a goal scorer those that aren't usually play on the fourth line, trouble is that's not where the Jets have him slotted, pretty sure they were hoping for a top six forward who can both be a play maker and score. Besides not being able to score at the AHL level he's not exactly setting up a lot of goals either.

sipowicz is online now  
Old
12-01-2012, 10:45 PM
  #824
truck
HFB Partner
 
truck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 7,108
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by garret9 View Post


Hey I say it how it is.
If a player is sucking I'll call them out. Burmistrov did not do well today. Period.

I've missed two games, so who knows about them but one of them he was awarded the SJ hardest worker award so I doubt he was bad at that one.

I can 100% tell you this without a doubt in my mind... the bolded parts of your comments is just plain wrong. I don't get why you guys don't get this.

1) Just because he didn't get points in a game doesn't mean he had a bad game??? That concept is just plain... well I can only think of derogatory terms right now so I'll hold it. You can score and still play *****y and you can play awesome and not score. This has been Burmistrov's only bad game (that I've seen).

2) He's a *proven* NHLer last season. Period. He beat middle of the road competition which is better than a good half of NHL regulars can say.
*If you want to use advance stats he was 85/405 NHLers with 30+ games for Rel Corsi
*If you want to talk scoring production he's 261/405 NHLers with 30+games for pts/60mins
*the people above him could have easier assignments
IE: on average he's a top 3 forward for being able to beat his opponents he's lined up against and 8th best producing forward on most teams.


Edit:
Sorry about the partial freak out rant...
Just some of those things aren't true and it bothers me. Ya maybe he won't be a top6 guy or ya maybe he won't learn to produce like we think he could if he improved certain things... but currently he tracks to be the best non-top6 guy on the Jets current roster... and he would be a solid middle 6 guy on almost any team in the NHL already.
+1 from me

truck is offline  
Old
12-01-2012, 10:51 PM
  #825
Bob E
Registered User
 
Bob E's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Winnerpeg
Posts: 4,002
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying High View Post
Dude. Stop bringing up his goal totals. Not every nhl player is a goal scorer, nor are they looked at to score goals. In fact most centers aren't looked at to score goals. Anyone that's played pee-wee hockey can tell you this. Bring up his point totals if you want to make an argument. Goals scored is seriously your most ridiculous argument you keep making about Burmi. Stop bringing it up. Or I guess you can keep it up if you don't mind being looked at as ignorant of basic hockey knowledge...
Goal totals are obviously important - especially if you have expectations that player is to play in an offensive role. A third line shut down center still has to produce some goals and points, because they will be on for goals against. You want them to be even (+/-) most nights. They obviously don't need to be 30 g scorers, but they need to contribute offensively, at least a little.

Now if you're saying Burmi not scoring is fine, because he can contribute as a bottom 6 defensive player, well, i'd argue Jets management will look to someone bigger and stronger (in the Nick Bjugstad mold) to play that role than Burmi.

Too early to give up on him, but to say goals - to an offensive player - is not important is just wrong.

Bob E is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:38 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.