HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

2012-2013 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects thread 2.0

Closed Thread

Old
12-01-2012, 11:33 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
Sucks that Dider is out, would have gotten to see him last night and twice next weekend vs North Dakota.

Watched Colin Sullivan last night, he was on the bottom pairing and got limited ice time, although not a surprise considering he's a Freshman on the top rated team in the NCAA. He barely saw the ice in the 3rd, but overall I thought he was solid. He's got a solid frame, good lower body strength and a powerful stride. He got off one point shot, a slapper that had some heat on it, and he didn't seem to have any trouble moving the puck. Good physical abilities, skating/mobility/speed, lower body strength and a decent frame (not overly tall but looks like he could still fill out a bit).
Didier had just started to take his play to another level imo.. This is terrible.

Old
12-02-2012, 12:11 AM
S Bah

I can barely wait for the WJHC's this year,Canada will have Hudon,USA-Galchenyuk, Sweden-Collberg,these are the Habs picks I want to watch.Lindholm centering Collberg should be amazing,Galchenyuk will Captain USA I believe,and he's the first line Center & PP unit as well.Hudon with Canada need I say more!Collberg's scoring is just heavenly can that kid ever pick the corner's or any place the goalie isn't.

Old
12-02-2012, 12:11 AM
dackelljuneaubulis02

Nice to see Walsh with his first two point game, 1g,1a. I always thought he was just a grinder and I never heard much about him so I never even bothered following him. He has a nice little streak going so far. I hope he can fight for a contract. He's a big boy.

Old
12-02-2012, 12:54 AM
overlords
Global Moderator
Canada's Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
I can barely wait for the WJHC's this year,Canada will have Hudon,USA-Galchenyuk, Sweden-Collberg,these are the Habs picks I want to watch.Lindholm centering Collberg should be amazing,Galchenyuk will Captain USA I believe,and he's the first line Center & PP unit as well.Hudon with Canada need I say more!Collberg's scoring is just heavenly can that kid ever pick the corner's or any place the goalie isn't.
I doubt Gally gets the C. I'll be pleasantly surprised to see him get an A.

"overlords is one of my favorite people on this entire site." - Hfboards
Old
12-02-2012, 01:51 AM
S Bah

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
I doubt Gally gets the C. I'll be pleasantly surprised to see him get an A.
Well I'd love to see him get the MVP award for the Tournament,while Canada gets the most players on the All-Star lineup at the end,oh yeah and the Gold Medals.The Captaincy would be a great gesture of faith in Gally's ability to lead Team USA to the Gold,but I'd be happy with an A as well.

Old
12-02-2012, 01:57 AM
NotProkofievian

Sooo...when's this Bozon kid gonna stop sucking, and start scoring again?

Old
12-02-2012, 04:39 AM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Hudon would have struggles if he played against adults too.

Don't get me wrong, Hudon is earning his praise. Hudon is exceeding expectations while Collberg is unexceptionally following a typical development curve of European prospects, but this is the "what have you done for me lately" projection at its finest. Comparing junior and professional numbers isn't fair at all.

Both are projecting to be second liners right now. Hudon is more well rounded by Collberg has 30+ goal potential.
Totally agreed with you. Collberg and Hudon are not on the same level as far as upside goes, and I'm a huge fan of Hudon.

Unlike the fellow leafs fan who you're replying to (feel free to come back by the way, outside opinions are very welcomed on here), I still believe Collberg was THE steal of the draft for us. At the WJC, with a rather weakened Swedish team, he will once again prove why Timmins couldn't sleep between the two draft days hoping he'd get his grip on him.

Collberg has the potential to be a 1st line winger, and as much as I'd like it, you have to admit Charles doesn't.

Old
12-02-2012, 04:40 AM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharks9 View Post
According to Bob Mckenzie he's a lock for this year's World Juniors.
Not only a lock, he personally has him on his 2nd line.

Old
12-02-2012, 06:18 AM
dackelljuneaubulis02

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuebecPride View Post
Totally agreed with you. Collberg and Hudon are not on the same level as far as upside goes, and I'm a huge fan of Hudon.

Unlike the fellow leafs fan who you're replying to (feel free to come back by the way, outside opinions are very welcomed on here), I still believe Collberg was THE steal of the draft for us. At the WJC, with a rather weakened Swedish team, he will once again prove why Timmins couldn't sleep between the two draft days hoping he'd get his grip on him.

Collberg has the potential to be a 1st line winger, and as much as I'd like it, you have to admit Charles doesn't.
At the risk of sounding way off base, I wouldn't write off Hudon as not having top line potential. It's definitely a hail mary of a long shot but if he drastically improves his explosiveness and continues to fill out, his fantastic hockey IQ could turn him into something very special.

The fact that he's in the running for a top 6 position on a stacked Canadian WJC squad with another year of eligibility ahead of him AND there being a lockout is pretty ridiculous for a 5th rounder. Gallagher and Leblanc couldn't do it on lesser squads.

Old
12-02-2012, 06:48 AM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Quote:
Originally Posted by makbowles View Post
At the risk of sounding way off base, I wouldn't write off Hudon as not having top line potential. It's definitely a hail mary of a long shot but if he drastically improves his explosiveness and continues to fill out, his fantastic hockey IQ could turn him into something very special.

The fact that he's in the running for a top 6 position on a stacked Canadian WJC squad with another year of eligibility ahead of him AND there being a lockout is pretty ridiculous for a 5th rounder. Gallagher and Leblanc couldn't do it on lesser squads.
You're not sounding off base, under these conditions he could eventually become a 1st line player, but as you said it's one of hell of longshot, compared to Collberg.

After all, not many thought Plekanec would turn into one.

Shall I add Desharnais to the list?

Old
12-02-2012, 08:56 AM
eddy

Charles Hudon video interview from the Q site - http://www.theqmjhl.ca/video/index/i...5f5f502478c95c

Old
12-02-2012, 09:11 AM
montreal
Time to Get Down

Quote:
Originally Posted by DekeLikeYouMeanIt View Post
Didier had just started to take his play to another level imo.. This is terrible.
I've heard Didier wasn't getting much ice time and was back as the #7 where he started last year.

Quote:
Nice to see Walsh with his first two point game, 1g,1a. I always thought he was just a grinder and I never heard much about him so I never even bothered following him. He has a nice little streak going so far. I hope he can fight for a contract. He's a big boy.
Looking forward to seeing Walsh for the first time this season in a rare mid-week game. The problem he's had in the past in consistency so hopefully he is putting something together, since he's now got points in his last 4 games.

Old
12-02-2012, 09:21 AM
Marc the Habs Fan
Olympic Champion

vCash: 597
Quote:
The fact that he's in the running for a top 6 position on a stacked Canadian WJC squad with another year of eligibility ahead of him AND there being a lockout is pretty ridiculous for a 5th rounder.
That's in Bobby Mac's estimation...we'll see if the coaching staff feels that way once the tournament begins. I have my doubts he'll be in the top 6 on this team with all the talent available and I really like Hudon.

Old
12-02-2012, 09:27 AM
Et le But

Quote:

Hudon does have top line potential, but that is still something of a longshot IMO.

He has the same problem a lot of Habs prospects have actually, in that he's very good at a lot of things and in the next level when he can't flat out dominate, might struggle a little to find his identity. It's the same problem Leblanc has, though Hudon might be potentially a better playmaker.

Collberg on the other hand, has a potentially elite or a near elite level wrist shot. He has other things going for him too, but I think a lot of people are underestimating just how valuable that weapon is.

Old
12-02-2012, 10:04 AM
sharks9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
That's in Bobby Mac's estimation...we'll see if the coaching staff feels that way once the tournament begins. I have my doubts he'll be in the top 6 on this team with all the talent available and I really like Hudon.
But Bob McKenzie is a pretty smart hockey mind, it's not like we're talking about Eklund here.

I'll be happy with him on the 3rd line as well but it would be great to see him on the 2nd line and putting up big points.

Old
12-02-2012, 10:48 AM
Vi Nc E x13x

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharks9 View Post
But Bob McKenzie is a pretty smart hockey mind, it's not like we're talking about Eklund here.

I'll be happy with him on the 3rd line as well but it would be great to see him on the 2nd line and putting up big points.
Ill be happy with him on any line but id like to see him on 1st PP unit

Old
12-02-2012, 11:18 AM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Quote:
I do too. But I don't think Mckenzie would put him there without having a certain insight.

Also, you can't forget that he's a favourite of Spott and Pendergast(sp?), they might love him more than even us habs fan do.

Old
12-02-2012, 11:22 AM
Marc the Habs Fan
Olympic Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vi Nc E x13x View Post
but id like to see him on 1st PP unit
Way too much talent available, even if the lockout ends...Huberdeau, RNH, Scheifele, Strome, Rattie, MacKinnon, etc...2nd PP unit is a more realistic goal, but even then, TC is stacked...

Old
12-02-2012, 11:43 AM
Vi Nc E x13x

Quote:
Way too much talent available, even if the lockout ends...Huberdeau, RNH, Scheifele, Strome, Rattie, MacKinnon, etc...2nd PP unit is a more realistic goal, but even then, TC is stacked...
I know but its my wish

Old
12-02-2012, 01:23 PM
ChoseLa

can see Hudon starting on the fourth or third and replace a big gun that isn't performing well enough. All that because Hudon is gonna be solide as we all know.

Old
12-02-2012, 04:14 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Olympic Champion

Hudon with 2 goals and an assist. 35 points in 25 games.

Granted, all of the points in garbage time with his team down big.

Old
12-02-2012, 06:22 PM
Rise from the Ashes
@JoelGabbayNHL

Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
Hudon = two-way player at NHL level. He will put up anywhere from 40 to 65 pts a season if he gets stronger, faster and more mature.

Old
12-02-2012, 06:53 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rise from the Ashes View Post
Hudon = two-way player at NHL level. He will put up anywhere from 40 to 65 pts a season if he gets stronger, faster and more mature.
Yeah, I see him as a two-way playmaking winger with second line potential.

Old
12-02-2012, 08:11 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
I've heard Didier wasn't getting much ice time and was back as the #7 where he started last year.
In the beginning he didn't get much but in his last couple games, he got a little more. Nice confident passing and simple/accurate shots on net and showed very good physical play and defending like last season. Like I said, he looked like he was stepping up his game finally and this happens...

Old
12-03-2012, 02:26 AM
Bernier the Boats
Formerly BBurke

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuebecPride View Post

I don't see first line winger potential from Collberg. In respect to Hudon, I think he will quickly become a Ty Rattie-esque prospect. People often forget this guy was touted as a first round pick at certain points.

Closed Thread