HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ownership Cluster**** Thread: NHL and GJ, Put Up or Shut Up!

Closed Thread

Old
11-29-2012, 08:03 PM
CC96
Serious Offender

vCash: 500
Keep in mind they'll probably lose 2 days from Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, since their precious libraries will most likely be closed. And even if the old dinosaurs went door to door on Christmas, which wouldn't surprise me since they're families probably never visit them, I doubt many people are going to respond well to somebody pestering them to sign a destroy the Coyotes petition while they are trying to spend Christmas with their family.

Old
11-29-2012, 09:13 PM
moosemeister

I don't know why this guy is going to waste his time. He doesn't stand a chance, especially this time of year. At least it won't be hot.

Old
11-29-2012, 09:25 PM
GiveAFlyingPuck
Gary Bettman Rocks!

vCash: 193
I would tend to think people have had enough politics (even if all politics is local) due to the prolonged campaign season that just ended.

Old
11-29-2012, 09:39 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

So they need five and a half times what they were able to gather six months ago? Yeah, not going to happen.

NEXT!

11-29-2012, 09:43 PM
Colt45Blast
is in your head

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZflyingPuck View Post
I would tend to think people have had enough politics (even if all politics is local) due to the prolonged campaign season that just ended.
Not in today's world where the obsession of politics has even reared its ugly head into everyday life and the choices we make in our lives.

Old
11-29-2012, 10:38 PM
TheLegend
Megathread Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by naurutger View Post
Didnt Ford and some other businesses give $20,000 for the tax drive and couldnt meet that goal? Not worried about that part just more sad interviews with him.
The owner of Sanderson Ford did put monies into backing Prop 457.... but they are also a huge advertiser at Westgate... and ironically of the Coyotes.

Clark stated today on the radio their beef was strictly focused on the tax hike itself and not whatever it went for.. She didn't think they would jump in on this.

Old
11-30-2012, 12:30 AM
XX
... Waiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLegend View Post
The owner of Sanderson Ford did put monies into backing Prop 457.... but they are also a huge advertiser at Westgate... and ironically of the Coyotes.

Clark stated today on the radio their beef was strictly focused on the tax hike itself and not whatever it went for.. She didn't think they would jump in on this.
It's pretty simple. A small tax hike doesn't really matter on a candy bar, but on a $40,000 car or truck it does. Especially when your rivals in other cities don't have said tax hike attached to the sale of a car.

Old
11-30-2012, 12:38 AM
TheLegend
Megathread Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by XX View Post
It's pretty simple. A small tax hike doesn't really matter on a candy bar, but on a $40,000 car or truck it does. Especially when your rivals in other cities don't have said tax hike attached to the sale of a car.
Except the sales tax increase is exempt on items costing over $5000.

Blows that one right out of the water.

The other major contributor to the pro-457 group was the Home Builders of Central Arizona. When's the last time you saw a house cost less than five large????

Old
11-30-2012, 01:00 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

^ isn't it only like thirty five bucks extra per car, or something ridiculous like that?

Old
11-30-2012, 09:25 AM
aj8000

vCash: 3000
Quote:
Originally Posted by naurutger View Post
Didnt Ford and some other businesses give $20,000 for the tax drive and couldnt meet that goal? Not worried about that part just more sad interviews with him.
I think you are right on the number of signatures; however, I think they handed in early. It is also possible that they stopped once they figured that they had enough signatures at the time. Why get 6,000 if you only need 4,000. That being said, I do not think that it will be that easy to get the signatures required. The biggest problem out there is whether JIG can actually close before the end of January.

Old
11-30-2012, 09:36 AM
doaner

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj8000 View Post
I think you are right on the number of signatures; however, I think they handed in early. It is also possible that they stopped once they figured that they had enough signatures at the time. Why get 6,000 if you only need 4,000. That being said, I do not think that it will be that easy to get the signatures required. The biggest problem out there is whether JIG can actually close before the end of January.
I don't know why he wouldn't. The vote was the last hurdle.

Old
11-30-2012, 10:44 AM
aj8000

Quote:
Originally Posted by doaner View Post
I don't know why he wouldn't. The vote was the last hurdle.
Yes, I would agree with that; however, call it more of not counting my chickens before they hatch. Always worried about some unforeseen twist occurring in this whole situation.

Old
11-30-2012, 11:55 AM
awfulwaffle

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLegend View Post
Except the sales tax increase is exempt on items costing over $5000.

Blows that one right out of the water.

The other major contributor to the pro-457 group was the Home Builders of Central Arizona. When's the last time you saw a house cost less than five large????
Is that it is applied to the first $5,000 and then the rest of the price isn't affected, or if
you buy something that is $5,001 you have none of the tax increase applied period?

I find it absurd that high priced things aren't applied. If people have the money to buy that, they are going to buy it, whether there is a tax increase or not.

It's like cigarettes, I can't believe how often I people scrounging for change to go buy a pack of cigarettes. It's only a matter of time until the premium cigarettes like Marlboro and Camel are $10+ a pack.

Old
11-30-2012, 11:56 AM
awfulwaffle

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj8000 View Post
Yes, I would agree with that; however, call it more of not counting my chickens before they hatch. Always worried about some unforeseen twist occurring in this whole situation.
A canadian comes in and puts Jobing.com on fire.

Old
11-30-2012, 11:59 AM
aj8000

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfulwaffle View Post
Based on some of the posters I have seen on the BOH, would that really be unforeseen?

Maybe everything going as planned for once would be the unforeseen part.

Old
11-30-2012, 12:09 PM
Naurutger

vCash: 1329
Quote:
Major OT but my buddy was underwater on his mortgage and one day he was out shopping. Meanwhile a lighting strike burnt his house down. So that was in the back of his mind that they would just cut him a check and it could be a positive...nope they just rebuilt the house.

So in this case, they would just rebuild Jobing and tell Glendale you still owe on it.

Although it was funny when I called him and asked what he was up to and his response was watching his house burn down...did not expect that one.

Old
12-01-2012, 12:20 AM
TheLegend
Megathread Refugee

Quote:
Is that it is applied to the first $5,000 and then the rest of the price isn't affected, or if
you buy something that is $5,001 you have none of the tax increase applied period?

I find it absurd that high priced things aren't applied. If people have the money to buy that, they are going to buy it, whether there is a tax increase or not.

It's like cigarettes, I can't believe how often I people scrounging for change to go buy a pack of cigarettes. It's only a matter of time until the premium cigarettes like Marlboro and Camel are $10+ a pack.
It's the latter.....

http://www.glendaleaz.com/taxandlice...t-8.1.2012.pdf

Look at the items for "Retail Sales"

Old
12-01-2012, 12:55 AM
_Del_

vCash: 50
Quote:
Yeah, I might still go out and buy a car (for example) but if I can buy the same car for four hundred dollars less in Tolleson than I can in Glendale (because of the difference in sales tax rate), why wouldn't I?? And then Glendale loses that tax money to Tolleson. They end up hurting themselves.
I'm completely with you if we were talking about a national sales tax or a VAT.

Old
12-02-2012, 02:44 AM
gorsk11

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
^ isn't it only like thirty five bucks extra per car, or something ridiculous like that?
RT - There is a $5,000 limit on the tax. So it doesn't effect most car sales for them. However, Sanderson Ford is one of the largest part distributors in the world. So they are not crazy about the additional tax. That is a big reason.

I usually don't get upset at folks on here and this is not directed at you RT. But Sanderson Ford has been a huge sponsor of the Coyotes for years. It's frustrating to hear our Coyote fans bad-mouthing them. They are definately anti-tax but are not anti-coyotes. I wish some folks would realize the difference and appreciate one of the Coyotes largest sponsors they have.

I have purchased several vehicles from them. My opinion is they are a top-notch dealership. Thanks for reading.

Old
12-02-2012, 06:15 AM
Colt45Blast
is in your head

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorsk11 View Post
They are definately anti-tax but are not anti-coyotes. I wish some folks would realize the difference and appreciate one of the Coyotes largest sponsors they have.
Well put!

The problem that I have noticed too sometimes by some of the Coyotes Fans is they have this insane idea that you only support the Coyotes staying in Arizona by supporting the city giving a sweetheart deal to a potentional owner where the taxpayer is involved in someway shape or form. Not to mention, this same kind of crap is coming from those who don't like how the state of Arizona is run and should be run more like California instead. Then again, should I be surprised by this considering there are others who support the idea of turning the Toyota Club into a strip club as a way to bring in more revenue to the team? Talking around town, I have heard a good mix of opinions about the Coyotes mess. From what I hearing, it sounds that most people don't want the team to go but also don't want the taxpayer involed in this. If anything as well, there are plenty of people I have talked to who are huge supporters of GWI but disagree with them on their take on the Coyotes mess. Mike Broomhead of KFYI radio is a prime example that I have talked about before in the past as he has shown support for GWI but disagrees with their take of the Coyotes Cluster****.

Last edited by Colt45Blast: 12-02-2012 at 06:27 AM.
Old
12-02-2012, 10:57 AM
awfulwaffle

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Del_ View Post
Yeah, I might still go out and buy a car (for example) but if I can buy the same car for four hundred dollars less in Tolleson than I can in Glendale (because of the difference in sales tax rate), why wouldn't I?? And then Glendale loses that tax money to Tolleson. They end up hurting themselves.
I'm completely with you if we were talking about a national sales tax or a VAT.
Didn't think about that, good point.

Old
12-02-2012, 06:25 PM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP View Post
The problem that I have noticed too sometimes by some of the Coyotes Fans is they have this insane idea that you only support the Coyotes staying in Arizona by supporting the city giving a sweetheart deal to a potentional owner where the taxpayer is involved in someway shape or form.
Being resigned to the reality of things is not the same thing as endorsing it. Few people WANT the city to give a sweetheart deal but the fact is they don't have a lot of leverage and it's the main reason they have to offer incentives to the new owner. They could play hardball but if that happens they'll likely lose the team and risk losing all of Westgate as a result. Not being in a position of power sucks when negotiating but unfortunately that's where they find themselves.

Old
12-02-2012, 09:47 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorsk11 View Post
RT - There is a $5,000 limit on the tax. So it doesn't effect most car sales for them. However, Sanderson Ford is one of the largest part distributors in the world. So they are not crazy about the additional tax. That is a big reason.

I usually don't get upset at folks on here and this is not directed at you RT. But Sanderson Ford has been a huge sponsor of the Coyotes for years. It's frustrating to hear our Coyote fans bad-mouthing them. They are definately anti-tax but are not anti-coyotes. I wish some folks would realize the difference and appreciate one of the Coyotes largest sponsors they have.

I have purchased several vehicles from them. My opinion is they are a top-notch dealership. Thanks for reading.
Thanks for clarifying. I didn't mean to bad mouth them. I had a very difficult time understanding their horse in this race. Now, I have a better idea. I appreciate your chiming in and shedding some light on one of the mysteries surrounding this whole fiasco. I'd appreciate it if you chimed in more often, too

Old
12-05-2012, 11:59 AM
BuffaloAZ

Just trying to be optimistic…Does anyone know if the sale to Jamison was the reason for the BOG meeting today? Maybe not the reason, but at least on the agenda?

Old
12-05-2012, 12:28 PM
XX
... Waiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffaloAZ View Post
Just trying to be optimistic…Does anyone know if the sale to Jamison was the reason for the BOG meeting today? Maybe not the reason, but at least on the agenda?
All eyes are on the CBA right now. There may or may not be a vote of approval for the deal. I was under the impression that Jamison was already vetted by the BoG. This, by the law, can't close until the 30 days have passed. So our options are hurry up and wait at this juncture.

Closed Thread