HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ownership Cluster**** Thread: NHL and GJ, Put Up or Shut Up!

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-29-2012, 08:03 PM
  #576
CC96
Serious Offender
 
CC96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Mesa, Arizona
Country: United States
Posts: 11,502
vCash: 500
Keep in mind they'll probably lose 2 days from Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, since their precious libraries will most likely be closed. And even if the old dinosaurs went door to door on Christmas, which wouldn't surprise me since they're families probably never visit them, I doubt many people are going to respond well to somebody pestering them to sign a destroy the Coyotes petition while they are trying to spend Christmas with their family.

CC96 is offline  
Old
11-29-2012, 09:13 PM
  #577
moosemeister
Registered User
 
moosemeister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Tempe, Arizona
Posts: 1,245
vCash: 500
I don't know why this guy is going to waste his time. He doesn't stand a chance, especially this time of year. At least it won't be hot.

moosemeister is online now  
Old
11-29-2012, 09:25 PM
  #578
GiveAFlyingPuck
Gary Bettman Rocks!
 
GiveAFlyingPuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Gila River Arena
Country: United States
Posts: 1,720
vCash: 193
I would tend to think people have had enough politics (even if all politics is local) due to the prolonged campaign season that just ended.

GiveAFlyingPuck is offline  
Old
11-29-2012, 09:39 PM
  #579
rt
Usually Incorrect
 
rt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Rarely Sober
Country: United States
Posts: 42,013
vCash: 500
So they need five and a half times what they were able to gather six months ago? Yeah, not going to happen.

NEXT!

__________________
This poster should not be taken seriously under any circumstances.
rt is online now  
Old
11-29-2012, 09:43 PM
  #580
Colt45Blast
is in your head
 
Colt45Blast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: everytime
Country: Mexico
Posts: 25,548
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZflyingPuck View Post
I would tend to think people have had enough politics (even if all politics is local) due to the prolonged campaign season that just ended.
Not in today's world where the obsession of politics has even reared its ugly head into everyday life and the choices we make in our lives.

Colt45Blast is offline  
Old
11-29-2012, 10:38 PM
  #581
TheLegend
Megathread Refugee
 
TheLegend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The Anxiety Closet
Country: United States
Posts: 3,488
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by naurutger View Post
Didnt Ford and some other businesses give $20,000 for the tax drive and couldnt meet that goal? Not worried about that part just more sad interviews with him.
The owner of Sanderson Ford did put monies into backing Prop 457.... but they are also a huge advertiser at Westgate... and ironically of the Coyotes.

Clark stated today on the radio their beef was strictly focused on the tax hike itself and not whatever it went for.. She didn't think they would jump in on this.

TheLegend is online now  
Old
11-30-2012, 12:30 AM
  #582
XX
... Waiting
 
XX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: 48th State
Country: United States
Posts: 27,400
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLegend View Post
The owner of Sanderson Ford did put monies into backing Prop 457.... but they are also a huge advertiser at Westgate... and ironically of the Coyotes.

Clark stated today on the radio their beef was strictly focused on the tax hike itself and not whatever it went for.. She didn't think they would jump in on this.
It's pretty simple. A small tax hike doesn't really matter on a candy bar, but on a $40,000 car or truck it does. Especially when your rivals in other cities don't have said tax hike attached to the sale of a car.

XX is online now  
Old
11-30-2012, 12:38 AM
  #583
TheLegend
Megathread Refugee
 
TheLegend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The Anxiety Closet
Country: United States
Posts: 3,488
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by XX View Post
It's pretty simple. A small tax hike doesn't really matter on a candy bar, but on a $40,000 car or truck it does. Especially when your rivals in other cities don't have said tax hike attached to the sale of a car.
Except the sales tax increase is exempt on items costing over $5000.

Blows that one right out of the water.

The other major contributor to the pro-457 group was the Home Builders of Central Arizona. When's the last time you saw a house cost less than five large????

TheLegend is online now  
Old
11-30-2012, 01:00 AM
  #584
rt
Usually Incorrect
 
rt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Rarely Sober
Country: United States
Posts: 42,013
vCash: 500
^ isn't it only like thirty five bucks extra per car, or something ridiculous like that?

rt is online now  
Old
11-30-2012, 09:25 AM
  #585
aj8000
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 694
vCash: 3000
Quote:
Originally Posted by naurutger View Post
Didnt Ford and some other businesses give $20,000 for the tax drive and couldnt meet that goal? Not worried about that part just more sad interviews with him.
I think you are right on the number of signatures; however, I think they handed in early. It is also possible that they stopped once they figured that they had enough signatures at the time. Why get 6,000 if you only need 4,000. That being said, I do not think that it will be that easy to get the signatures required. The biggest problem out there is whether JIG can actually close before the end of January.

aj8000 is offline  
Old
11-30-2012, 09:36 AM
  #586
doaner
Registered User
 
doaner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Flag
Country: United States
Posts: 3,717
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by aj8000 View Post
I think you are right on the number of signatures; however, I think they handed in early. It is also possible that they stopped once they figured that they had enough signatures at the time. Why get 6,000 if you only need 4,000. That being said, I do not think that it will be that easy to get the signatures required. The biggest problem out there is whether JIG can actually close before the end of January.
I don't know why he wouldn't. The vote was the last hurdle.

doaner is offline  
Old
11-30-2012, 10:44 AM
  #587
aj8000
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 694
vCash: 3000
Quote:
Originally Posted by doaner View Post
I don't know why he wouldn't. The vote was the last hurdle.
Yes, I would agree with that; however, call it more of not counting my chickens before they hatch. Always worried about some unforeseen twist occurring in this whole situation.

aj8000 is offline  
Old
11-30-2012, 11:55 AM
  #588
awfulwaffle
Registered User
 
awfulwaffle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Country: United States
Posts: 6,471
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLegend View Post
Except the sales tax increase is exempt on items costing over $5000.

Blows that one right out of the water.

The other major contributor to the pro-457 group was the Home Builders of Central Arizona. When's the last time you saw a house cost less than five large????
Is that it is applied to the first $5,000 and then the rest of the price isn't affected, or if
you buy something that is $5,001 you have none of the tax increase applied period?

I find it absurd that high priced things aren't applied. If people have the money to buy that, they are going to buy it, whether there is a tax increase or not.

It's like cigarettes, I can't believe how often I people scrounging for change to go buy a pack of cigarettes. It's only a matter of time until the premium cigarettes like Marlboro and Camel are $10+ a pack.

awfulwaffle is offline  
Old
11-30-2012, 11:56 AM
  #589
awfulwaffle
Registered User
 
awfulwaffle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Country: United States
Posts: 6,471
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by aj8000 View Post
Yes, I would agree with that; however, call it more of not counting my chickens before they hatch. Always worried about some unforeseen twist occurring in this whole situation.
A canadian comes in and puts Jobing.com on fire.

awfulwaffle is offline  
Old
11-30-2012, 11:59 AM
  #590
aj8000
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 694
vCash: 3000
Quote:
Originally Posted by awfulwaffle View Post
A canadian comes in and puts Jobing.com on fire.
Based on some of the posters I have seen on the BOH, would that really be unforeseen?

Maybe everything going as planned for once would be the unforeseen part.

aj8000 is offline  
Old
11-30-2012, 12:09 PM
  #591
Naurutger
Registered User
 
Naurutger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Maricopa County
Country: United States
Posts: 5,196
vCash: 1329
Quote:
Originally Posted by awfulwaffle View Post
A canadian comes in and puts Jobing.com on fire.
Major OT but my buddy was underwater on his mortgage and one day he was out shopping. Meanwhile a lighting strike burnt his house down. So that was in the back of his mind that they would just cut him a check and it could be a positive...nope they just rebuilt the house.

So in this case, they would just rebuild Jobing and tell Glendale you still owe on it.

Although it was funny when I called him and asked what he was up to and his response was watching his house burn down...did not expect that one.

Naurutger is offline  
Old
12-01-2012, 12:20 AM
  #592
TheLegend
Megathread Refugee
 
TheLegend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The Anxiety Closet
Country: United States
Posts: 3,488
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by awfulwaffle View Post
Is that it is applied to the first $5,000 and then the rest of the price isn't affected, or if
you buy something that is $5,001 you have none of the tax increase applied period?


I find it absurd that high priced things aren't applied. If people have the money to buy that, they are going to buy it, whether there is a tax increase or not.

It's like cigarettes, I can't believe how often I people scrounging for change to go buy a pack of cigarettes. It's only a matter of time until the premium cigarettes like Marlboro and Camel are $10+ a pack.
It's the latter.....

http://www.glendaleaz.com/taxandlice...t-8.1.2012.pdf

Look at the items for "Retail Sales"

TheLegend is online now  
Old
12-01-2012, 12:55 AM
  #593
_Del_
Registered User
 
_Del_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: SkullcrusherMountain
Posts: 3,018
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by awfulwaffle View Post
I find it absurd that high priced things aren't applied. If people have the money to buy that, they are going to buy it, whether there is a tax increase or not.
Yeah, I might still go out and buy a car (for example) but if I can buy the same car for four hundred dollars less in Tolleson than I can in Glendale (because of the difference in sales tax rate), why wouldn't I?? And then Glendale loses that tax money to Tolleson. They end up hurting themselves.
I'm completely with you if we were talking about a national sales tax or a VAT.

_Del_ is online now  
Old
12-02-2012, 02:44 AM
  #594
gorsk11
Registered User
 
gorsk11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: AZ
Posts: 289
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
^ isn't it only like thirty five bucks extra per car, or something ridiculous like that?
RT - There is a $5,000 limit on the tax. So it doesn't effect most car sales for them. However, Sanderson Ford is one of the largest part distributors in the world. So they are not crazy about the additional tax. That is a big reason.

I usually don't get upset at folks on here and this is not directed at you RT. But Sanderson Ford has been a huge sponsor of the Coyotes for years. It's frustrating to hear our Coyote fans bad-mouthing them. They are definately anti-tax but are not anti-coyotes. I wish some folks would realize the difference and appreciate one of the Coyotes largest sponsors they have.

I have purchased several vehicles from them. My opinion is they are a top-notch dealership. Thanks for reading.

gorsk11 is offline  
Old
12-02-2012, 06:15 AM
  #595
Colt45Blast
is in your head
 
Colt45Blast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: everytime
Country: Mexico
Posts: 25,548
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gorsk11 View Post
They are definately anti-tax but are not anti-coyotes. I wish some folks would realize the difference and appreciate one of the Coyotes largest sponsors they have.
Well put!

The problem that I have noticed too sometimes by some of the Coyotes Fans is they have this insane idea that you only support the Coyotes staying in Arizona by supporting the city giving a sweetheart deal to a potentional owner where the taxpayer is involved in someway shape or form. Not to mention, this same kind of crap is coming from those who don't like how the state of Arizona is run and should be run more like California instead. Then again, should I be surprised by this considering there are others who support the idea of turning the Toyota Club into a strip club as a way to bring in more revenue to the team? Talking around town, I have heard a good mix of opinions about the Coyotes mess. From what I hearing, it sounds that most people don't want the team to go but also don't want the taxpayer involed in this. If anything as well, there are plenty of people I have talked to who are huge supporters of GWI but disagree with them on their take on the Coyotes mess. Mike Broomhead of KFYI radio is a prime example that I have talked about before in the past as he has shown support for GWI but disagrees with their take of the Coyotes Cluster****.


Last edited by Colt45Blast: 12-02-2012 at 06:27 AM.
Colt45Blast is offline  
Old
12-02-2012, 10:57 AM
  #596
awfulwaffle
Registered User
 
awfulwaffle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Country: United States
Posts: 6,471
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Del_ View Post
Yeah, I might still go out and buy a car (for example) but if I can buy the same car for four hundred dollars less in Tolleson than I can in Glendale (because of the difference in sales tax rate), why wouldn't I?? And then Glendale loses that tax money to Tolleson. They end up hurting themselves.
I'm completely with you if we were talking about a national sales tax or a VAT.
Didn't think about that, good point.

awfulwaffle is offline  
Old
12-02-2012, 06:25 PM
  #597
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion
 
Sinurgy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Tempe, AZ
Posts: 7,446
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AP View Post
The problem that I have noticed too sometimes by some of the Coyotes Fans is they have this insane idea that you only support the Coyotes staying in Arizona by supporting the city giving a sweetheart deal to a potentional owner where the taxpayer is involved in someway shape or form.
Being resigned to the reality of things is not the same thing as endorsing it. Few people WANT the city to give a sweetheart deal but the fact is they don't have a lot of leverage and it's the main reason they have to offer incentives to the new owner. They could play hardball but if that happens they'll likely lose the team and risk losing all of Westgate as a result. Not being in a position of power sucks when negotiating but unfortunately that's where they find themselves.

Sinurgy is offline  
Old
12-02-2012, 09:47 PM
  #598
rt
Usually Incorrect
 
rt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Rarely Sober
Country: United States
Posts: 42,013
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gorsk11 View Post
RT - There is a $5,000 limit on the tax. So it doesn't effect most car sales for them. However, Sanderson Ford is one of the largest part distributors in the world. So they are not crazy about the additional tax. That is a big reason.

I usually don't get upset at folks on here and this is not directed at you RT. But Sanderson Ford has been a huge sponsor of the Coyotes for years. It's frustrating to hear our Coyote fans bad-mouthing them. They are definately anti-tax but are not anti-coyotes. I wish some folks would realize the difference and appreciate one of the Coyotes largest sponsors they have.

I have purchased several vehicles from them. My opinion is they are a top-notch dealership. Thanks for reading.
Thanks for clarifying. I didn't mean to bad mouth them. I had a very difficult time understanding their horse in this race. Now, I have a better idea. I appreciate your chiming in and shedding some light on one of the mysteries surrounding this whole fiasco. I'd appreciate it if you chimed in more often, too

rt is online now  
Old
12-05-2012, 11:59 AM
  #599
BuffaloAZ
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Chandler, AZ
Country: United States
Posts: 255
vCash: 500
Just trying to be optimistic…Does anyone know if the sale to Jamison was the reason for the BOG meeting today? Maybe not the reason, but at least on the agenda?

BuffaloAZ is offline  
Old
12-05-2012, 12:28 PM
  #600
XX
... Waiting
 
XX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: 48th State
Country: United States
Posts: 27,400
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffaloAZ View Post
Just trying to be optimistic…Does anyone know if the sale to Jamison was the reason for the BOG meeting today? Maybe not the reason, but at least on the agenda?
All eyes are on the CBA right now. There may or may not be a vote of approval for the deal. I was under the impression that Jamison was already vetted by the BoG. This, by the law, can't close until the 30 days have passed. So our options are hurry up and wait at this juncture.

XX is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:27 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.