HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > EA Sports NHL
EA Sports NHL Discussion forum for EA Sports NHL video games.

NHL 13 HUT Thread (Both Systems) - Part 8

Closed Thread

Old
12-01-2012, 08:54 PM
Joel Ward
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latz View Post
That is Philthy! Im dying for an Edler. This was the mega packs?
I have 125k in pucks, i may spend 100k and buy a pack. I will not drop another dollar on this game
Yes this was the mega pack, but I opened one with pucks this morning and my best card was Milan Michalek. Not entirely sure if its worth the risk.

It was a SOTW Grabner BTW, posted my previous post from my phone and didn't read my post before I posted it

Edit: And to answer the question, I don't think you can get SOTW Edler, but I could be mistaken.

Last edited by Joel Ward: 12-01-2012 at 09:04 PM.
Old
12-01-2012, 08:58 PM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by great1 View Post
I think you get rewarded more for having a large collection of cards then a load of pucks when NHL 14 comes out.
Ah alright.

I have lots of cards:
SOTW: Thornton, Nash, Radulov, Jagr
Legends: Gretzky, Hasek
Players: Gaborik, Karlsson, Letang, Burns, Bourque, Cole, Iginla, Helm, Grabner, etc

Old
12-01-2012, 09:02 PM
Latz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf View Post
Ah alright.

I have lots of cards:
Players: Gaborik, Karlsson, Letang, Burns, Bourque, Cole, Iginla, Helm, Grabner, etc
ps3?

Old
12-02-2012, 12:10 AM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latz View Post
ps3?
Xbox.

I'll sell them all for pucks, I just hope a certain percent carries over lol.

Old
12-02-2012, 12:19 AM
Oscar Acosta
Bat Country

vCash: 738
The gambler in me sees 20 dollars and assumes I have to get something good.
But I refuse to spend anymore money on this game. Ive dropped probably 75 bucks in packs and never got anything. Mike Richards I guess. That's it.

Old
12-02-2012, 12:35 AM
Oscar Acosta
Bat Country

A couple realizations for me tonight with the playoffs starting:

1. No goalie will ever work better for me than Kari Lehtonen. No matter if I train them up to 99. So if anyone has a SOTW Lehtonen, I'm willing to drop big pucks on him. (PS3)

2. After spending so much time and effort building my defense, spending probably 150k - 250k in pucks on them. The best defenseman in the game is Jay Bouwmeester, a 4000 card.

Old
12-02-2012, 12:39 AM
kamosko
Ginger Jesus

vCash: 50
My current team, 14-4-1 online with it right now.

Kunitz - Krejci - C Stewart
P Mueller - R O'Reilly - Downie
Paajarvi - B Sutter - Parenteau
Filatov - Turris - Condra

Liles - Schenn
Bouwmeester - Zidlicky
Kuba - Leddy

Lehner
Auld

No superstars, most of my players I got from auctions for like 500 each except for Krejci, Jbo and Kunitz where I got out of a Jumbo pack.

The best I ever get out of packs are 80-84 overall guys, I wish I could get the stars like you guys seem to get haha

Old
12-02-2012, 02:37 AM
JaredCowenFan
Welcome King Leon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar Acosta View Post
A couple realizations for me tonight with the playoffs starting:

1. No goalie will ever work better for me than Kari Lehtonen. No matter if I train them up to 99. So if anyone has a SOTW Lehtonen, I'm willing to drop big pucks on him. (PS3)

2. After spending so much time and effort building my defense, spending probably 150k - 250k in pucks on them. The best defenseman in the game is Jay Bouwmeester, a 4000 card.
Any reasons why? Would love to know for future reference, thanks.

Old
12-02-2012, 02:46 AM
Oscar Acosta
Bat Country

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaredCowenFan View Post
Any reasons why? Would love to know for future reference, thanks.
Lehtonen is big, he covers a lot of the net and doesn't give up rebounds. He's just a steady goalie. I've tried Rinne, SOTW Brodeur, SOTW Varlamov trained to 99, but the regular Lehtonen doesn't give up garbage.

Bouwmeester is fast, and he's huge which gives him an amazing reach on the poke check. You can go Bobby Orr with this guy because he picks up speed and is too big for most players to knock off the puck. Especially when they're caught flat footed as they expect you to be passing it up to your winger and it's too late. Rocket of a shot that's accurate to be on net and not hit the glass. Fire one five hole, it'll either produce a rebound or go straight in. His breakout pass is only second to Pronger (who would be another amazing defenseman if he wasn't so slow).

I have players like Gretzky, but none of them put up consistent points like Bouwmeester. I've had a 8 point game with him before on the 2nd pairing D.

Old
12-02-2012, 03:32 AM
ohnoeszz

Quote:
Lehtonen is big, he covers a lot of the net and doesn't give up rebounds. He's just a steady goalie. I've tried Rinne, SOTW Brodeur, SOTW Varlamov trained to 99, but the regular Lehtonen doesn't give up garbage.

Bouwmeester is fast, and he's huge which gives him an amazing reach on the poke check. You can go Bobby Orr with this guy because he picks up speed and is too big for most players to knock off the puck. Especially when they're caught flat footed as they expect you to be passing it up to your winger and it's too late. Rocket of a shot that's accurate to be on net and not hit the glass. Fire one five hole, it'll either produce a rebound or go straight in. His breakout pass is only second to Pronger (who would be another amazing defenseman if he wasn't so slow).

I have players like Gretzky, but none of them put up consistent points like Bouwmeester. I've had a 8 point game with him before on the 2nd pairing D.
Interesting about, Bouwmeester. I've never used him because I have Edler captained and Hamhuis assistant captained on the left side - both studs btw. I think Hamhuis and Markov are two other overlooked defensmen. Markov is more physical and better defensively than a guy like Yandle while only sacrificing 2 points in skating. Hamhuis is an all-around defensive stalwart who can chip in on offense and is decent carrying the puck.

I have SOTW Lehtonen but I highly doubt you could convince me to part with him. Everything you said about regular Lehtonen stays true but better. I was posting about him earlier in this thread too. He is sooo quick. He's saved 3 consecutive cross-crease rebounds for me when my defense was going retarded. On a two on zero after a turnover at center ice he challenged the player with the puck to his right and did a sliding pad stack on the cross crease pass that left the second offensive player pounding it into his pads. That was by far the coolest save I've ever seen in this game, particularly for how situationally effective it was. He is actually good against the clean breakaway.

I've used Cam Ward, Schneider, Tim Thomas, and Crawford. Ward was good but SOTW Lehtonen blows them all away.

Old
12-02-2012, 06:47 AM
JaredCowenFan
Welcome King Leon

Quote:

Hmm, good to know. Is the regular Lehtonen good? I'd like to trade my Kipper for him. I'll look into Bouw, thanks.

------------------------------------------------

Just picked up Parros SOTW for $1,500, lol. Hei'll replace Cogliano on my 4th line.

Old
12-02-2012, 06:55 AM
robis1221

Quote:
Hmm, good to know. Is the regular Lehtonen good? I'd like to trade my Kipper for him. I'll look into Bouw, thanks.

Just picked up Parros SOTW for $1,500, lol. Hei'll replace Cogliano on my 4th line.
I have used regular Lehtonen and right now i use SOTW one, i can say regular one was really good, but SOTW? SOTW one is outstanding

Old
12-02-2012, 07:37 AM
ohnoeszz

Quote:

I have a regular Lehtonen in my trade pile right now and I'm looking for a Kippursof to use as a backup to my SOTW Lehtonen(Lehtonen can't backup himself right? Haven't actually tried...).

I'd be willing to swap Lehtonen for Kippursof plus a few thousand tomorrow if I don't end up needing him in a few trades I'm working on (found someone interested in Cam Ward for SOTW Grabner and I don't know what else I'll need to add until I talk to him again tomorrow).

Old
12-02-2012, 07:45 AM
great1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf View Post
Ah alright.

I have lots of cards:
I don't think the quality of player matters, a large 400-500 player collection person will get more pucks then a person that has a load of pucks. That is what I am trying to say.

Old
12-02-2012, 08:14 AM
JaredCowenFan
Welcome King Leon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohnoeszz View Post
I have a regular Lehtonen in my trade pile right now and I'm looking for a Kippursof to use as a backup to my SOTW Lehtonen(Lehtonen can't backup himself right? Haven't actually tried...).

I'd be willing to swap Lehtonen for Kippursof plus a few thousand tomorrow if I don't end up needing him in a few trades I'm working on (found someone interested in Cam Ward for SOTW Grabner and I don't know what else I'll need to add until I talk to him again tomorrow).
Ok, sweet. LMK.

I also have Cogs available.

Old
12-02-2012, 09:07 AM
Eple

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohnoeszz View Post
Interesting about, Bouwmeester. I've never used him because I have Edler captained and Hamhuis assistant captained on the left side - both studs btw. I think Hamhuis and Markov are two other overlooked defensmen. Markov is more physical and better defensively than a guy like Yandle while only sacrificing 2 points in skating. Hamhuis is an all-around defensive stalwart who can chip in on offense and is decent carrying the puck.

I have SOTW Lehtonen but I highly doubt you could convince me to part with him. Everything you said about regular Lehtonen stays true but better. I was posting about him earlier in this thread too. He is sooo quick. He's saved 3 consecutive cross-crease rebounds for me when my defense was going retarded. On a two on zero after a turnover at center ice he challenged the player with the puck to his right and did a sliding pad stack on the cross crease pass that left the second offensive player pounding it into his pads. That was by far the coolest save I've ever seen in this game, particularly for how situationally effective it was. He is actually good against the clean breakaway.

I've used Cam Ward, Schneider, Tim Thomas, and Crawford. Ward was good but SOTW Lehtonen blows them all away.
My regular Lehtonen was great at first, but after 20-30 he suddenly became crappy. Dunno what happenes but he was giving up easy goals one after another. My goalie woes still continue and I can't seem to find a consistently good goalie. I've tried Kiprusoff, Miller (really bad, I have no clue why), Niemi and Harding (which has been the best of the mentioned, and at times, winning me games). I guess I should try SOTW Lehtonen next, he goes for really cheap too.

Old
12-02-2012, 09:28 AM
Ladde

You should try Mike Smith he has been a solid goalie for me.

Old
12-02-2012, 09:52 AM
ohnoeszz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladde View Post
You should try Mike Smith he has been a solid goalie for me.
This is another guy that I've heard outperforms his price and stats. I've been thinking it has something to do with the height of these guys (Smith and Lehtonen are 6'4") but then again I always shell Rinne whenever I play against him so who knows...

Has anyone tried SOTW Lindback? He was too pricey for his stats to me, but he does have size.

Old
12-02-2012, 10:06 AM
Fine young man
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 1268
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eple View Post
My regular Lehtonen was great at first, but after 20-30 he suddenly became crappy. Dunno what happenes but he was giving up easy goals one after another. My goalie woes still continue and I can't seem to find a consistently good goalie. I've tried Kiprusoff, Miller (really bad, I have no clue why), Niemi and Harding (which has been the best of the mentioned, and at times, winning me games). I guess I should try SOTW Lehtonen next, he goes for really cheap too.
I had the same experience with regular Lehtonen. I recommend Luongo, he's been the only goalie who can consistenly steal games for me. He constantly surprises me with his saves, he even saves some of those annoying glitch-wristshots.

Old
12-02-2012, 10:21 AM
Joel Ward
HFBoards Sponsor

Having a really tough time putting together line combinations after a big pack opening and some good pickups on the market last night. I'm interested to see what line combo's you guys could come up with...

Left Wing: Thomas Vanek, Alex Burrows, David Perron, James van Riemsdyk, Ray Whitney, Victor Stalberg, Alexei Ponikarovsky

Center: Jordan Staal, Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, David Krejci, Dave Bolland, Ryan O'Reilly (Flyers)

Right Wing: Bobby Ryan, Justin Williams, Jason Pominville, Wayne Simmonds, Jakub Voracek, Ales Hemsky, Teddy Purcell, Alexander Radulov

Left Defense: Dion Phaneuf, Brian Campbell, Michael Del Zotto (Coyotes), Ryan McDonaugh (Blue Jackets), Dmitiri Kulikov, Victor Hedman

Right Defense: Dan Boyle (Blue Jackets), James Wisniewski, Brent Seabrook, Matt Niskanen, Kevin Bieksa

Goaltender: Semyon Varlamov, Michael Neuvirth

I have a lot of pucks after selling SOTW Grabner, James Neal and a few other players, so I'm open to buying new players as well.

Old
12-02-2012, 10:28 AM
TheQuackAttack

@Higher

Vanek - Staal - Ryan
Burrows - Nugent-Hopkins - Williams
JVR - Bolland - Pominville
Perron - Krejci - Purcell
Phaneuf - Boyle
Campbell - Seabrook
Hedman - Bieksa (actually what I use as my 3rd pair). You could really use a top of the line LW.

Old
12-02-2012, 10:52 AM
BaD720
Rookie User

I'm looking for EDMONTON GRETZKY.

I'll pay with PUCKS or TRADE some players plus pucks.

I have E. Staal, Zetterberg, Rick Nash that I'm willing to give up.

XBOX 360 XBOX 360 XBOX 360

Old
12-02-2012, 10:56 AM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaD720 View Post
I'm looking for EDMONTON GRETZKY.

I'll pay with PUCKS or TRADE some players plus pucks.

I have E. Staal, Zetterberg, Rick Nash that I'm willing to give up.

XBOX 360 XBOX 360 XBOX 360
I have one.

I just want pucks tho

Old
12-02-2012, 11:00 AM
BaD720
Rookie User

how much?

Old
12-02-2012, 11:08 AM
ohnoeszz

Quote:
Ok, sweet. LMK.

I also have Cogs available.
Alright, my trade went through and I managed to keep Lehtonen, so if you want him, he's yours for Kipper and 3k. I already have Helm as my 4th line two way center so I don't need Cogs. Pm me and we can set up a trade - no need to clutter up this thread.

My new roster:
SOTW Moulsen - SOTW Mueller - Hossa
E. Staal - Kesler(A) - SOTW Grabner
Sharp - Bergeron - Bourque
Raymond - Helm - Parenteau

Edler(C) - Burns
Hamhuis(A) - Pietrangelo
Ehrhoff - E. Johnson

SOTW Lehtonen
Kippursof?

Moulsen and Grabner are brand new and I'm really hoping they pack the scoring punch I've needed lately. Moulsen should be huge for my powerplay, and I can't wait to try Grabners 95 skating.

Closed Thread