HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The KHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The KHL Discuss the Continental Hockey League (Kontinentalnaya Hokkeynaya Liga).

KHL (Kontinental Hockey League) 2012-2013 season part II

Closed Thread

Old
12-01-2012, 05:43 AM
PricePkPatch

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post
Players did not get their money from KHL club? Hmmm, I can help them - law suit
Again, there is a good chance it is bogus

Let me see if I can find the article again.

edit: Found it! I think it was John Graham. But for what I can gather of further research, it might be iffyer than what I had read a few years back.

Yhea, doesn't help the climate of mutual trust, eh?

Last edited by PricePkPatch: 12-01-2012 at 05:50 AM.
Old
12-01-2012, 05:49 AM
SoundAndFury

Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
But I meant, on the more underhanded level. I remember reading the story of a Canadian goalie who wasn't performing to the KHL owner's satisfaction. When he was in a bar, the police just showed up and arrested him for no reason. The very evening, the owner came at the police station and told him that since he was under police custody, he wasn't obligated to pay him the end of his contract and was just going to be expelled from the country.

I mean, NHL owners are often describe as a bunch of hellspawns, granted. But I doubt they'd use that kind of tactics.
That's true, Russia is still very much like Russia.

There was similar situation with Brendan Bell.

Old
12-01-2012, 05:52 AM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundAndFury View Post
That's true, Russia is still very much like Russia.
Read my edit above. I came to the conclusion that the story might be more doubtable that I initially gave it credit for.

Although, you'd never see that sort of iffy conflict in the NHL. I guess there is something to be said about transparency of the legal process?

Old
12-01-2012, 06:54 AM
Atas2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by kajoo View Post
pople in sports often trying to fix something only to realise it was never broken.

Nothing against sacking coach midway through season whose team cant stop loosing, but sacking a coach of winning team that just made it atop of league is brutal decision, with terrible timing and unconvincing explanation (prospects development, really ?) They could at least wait until they lose two in row and it would still look dumb move. Had Riha ate small babies I wouldnt sack him, in fact, I would yet supply him with my first born.

Imagine the player´s confusment now - winning in sports always was/is/will be magic formula that solve all troubles. Now they see that being Nr.1 isnt enough all of sudden, they are probably expected to fly or wtf. Last season´s SF aint exactly fail either, disappointment sure, but certainly not fail. Reminds me old USSR arrogance in 80s when Soviets won the WCH they just emotionlessly took the Cup any bye, no wild celebration and joy orgies on ice, nothing. We won the cup, who cares ? When they finished 3rd in 1985 World Championships we couldnt stop laughing on viral jokes about how was Tikhonov shipped to Siberia for failing to win again.
Oh, not that USSR remarks again. The stereotypes about the USSR and the player's behaviour are just not true. None of them. It has nothing to do with arrogance and I for my part still think that wild celebrations or joy orgies are just silly. There are different cultures in the world. Emotions are expressed differently in different cultures. you might persept it as lack of emotion or the wrong emotion. Deal with it. I find it funny for example how exaggerated for my understanding the facial expression of north americans is. They try to carry every emotion in their face so to speak. So much that I don't believe the emotions are really there and not just played.

Quote:
Seriously, SKA managment should have a word with themselves, this move is already beyond dumb.
After all results are what matters in sports. Let's talk about this move after the last game of the season for SKA. IMHO they are overreacting based on their recent history. And yes, I think desperation to win in such form can backfire.

Old
12-01-2012, 07:24 AM
Faterson

Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post
not true
Definitely true. Tabaček's goal was returned to him from Hudáček about a week after the game took place, silently, without any official KHL statement. If there was a statement, produce it. And I'm sure there are lots of cases like this, especially regarding assists. The failure in this particular instance is all the more amazing because the public announcer at the Slovan arena corrected himself at the end of the game, giving the goal to Tabaček. It took khl.ru about a week to catch up with the correction. And it was not in any way an unclear situation, as any camera angle would confirm -- Tabaček was the only player who could have possibly scored that goal. It's mystifying why it took so many days to recognize that.

Old
12-01-2012, 07:37 AM
kajoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atas2000 View Post
Oh, not that USSR remarks again. The stereotypes about the USSR and the player's behaviour are just not true. None of them. It has nothing to do with arrogance and I for my part still think that wild celebrations or joy orgies are just silly. There are different cultures in the world. Emotions are expressed differently in different cultures. you might persept it as lack of emotion or the wrong emotion. Deal with it. I find it funny for example how exaggerated for my understanding the facial expression of north americans is. They try to carry every emotion in their face so to speak. So much that I don't believe the emotions are really there and not just played.
I dont care about stereotypes as I was watching hockey since early 80s and saw Soviets win these World Championship titles back in 80s in convincing fashion. That was the most dominating team ever, so I believe it got into their heads and became little cocky, taking every win as granted. Not to blame them, but SKA managment to think they are Soviets 198x or wth. Soviets of 80s could afford to be arrogant dicks because they were probably the best team ever assembled together.

Nowadays Russians know how to celebrate, thats sure. Ovechkin in particular is celebration king. Group win vs Svk in 2010 comes on my mind, looked far more joyous event than winning title back in 80s. Dont tell me thats just stereotype. I dont know what these 1980s players were on but it looked like they never smile, always focused. Which is OK during the game, just unnatural post game.

Quote:
After all results are what matters in sports. Let's talk about this move after the last game of the season for SKA. IMHO they are overreacting based on their recent history. And yes, I think desperation to win in such form can backfire.
we will see, I think it will backfire either.

Last edited by kajoo: 12-02-2012 at 04:41 AM.
Old
12-01-2012, 08:49 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

There was a rumour a few weeks ago

Quote:
1.GM Zhamnov left Vityaz to join Atlant in december 2012 as new GM
2.Vityaz to move to Sochi next season
It is December 1, so we can look at this rumour.

Quote:
1.GM Zhamnov left Vityaz to join Atlant in december 2012 as new GM
done

Old
12-01-2012, 09:53 AM
cska78

Send a message via AIM to cska78 Send a message via Yahoo to cska78
Vityaz' can move to Sochi, who's gonna support them there? they better leave the MHL team to poor fans.

Old
12-01-2012, 11:10 AM
Faterson

Quote:
I was watching hockey since early 80s and saw Soviets win these World Championship titles back in 80s in convincing fashion. That was the most dominating team ever, so I believe they already got little cocky and took every win as granted. Not to blame them, but SKA managment too think they are Soviets 198x or what
Erm... and they are. Or he is. SKA's GM Kasatonov is the "live link" between the 2 sets of people you're talking about. And rumours say there was friction particularly between Říha and Kasatonov.

One thing is for sure: the Russian mentality and the Czech mentality are completely different. To overly simplify, Russian = "We're the big, all-powerful nation, and we're gonna crush everyone!"; Czech = "We're the small, clever nation, and we're gonna outsmart everyone!" That doesn't necessarily mean that all Czech coaches will prefer defensive hockey, but the difference in basic outlook may be there in the background all the time in one way or another, perhaps subconsciously.

I'm convinced that the difference in mentality was behind the firing of Čada from Avangard last year in a similar winning situation. They hated seeing a Russian hockey team playing in a way more compatible with the "Czech" rather than the "Russian" outlook. On the other hand, Čada's preferred style of play is perfectly suited for Slovan, a team outbudgeted by probably all other KHL teams. Slovan can't possibly think they're "all-powerful"... not in the KHL, ever. And realizing this is beneficial for the team's play. Maybe SKA should join the NHL for a season to learn some humility and get rid of the illusion of being "all-powerful".

Now let's see how the new SKA coach does. He, too, comes from a small nation, although I'm sure there are differences between the Finnish and the Czech mentality.

Old
12-01-2012, 11:31 AM
kajoo

I dont believe much in this "national mentality" thing, or that someone coming from a small nation is automatically expected to be defensive-minded mental midget, that all Canadians are lumberjacks, Americans uneducated idiots and Russians never smile and celebrate only deep inside, in their hearts etc. We all are unique snowflakes

Old
12-01-2012, 11:32 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faterson View Post
One thing is for sure: the Russian mentality and the Czech mentality are completely different. To overly simplify, Russian = "We're the big, all-powerful nation, and we're gonna crush everyone!"; Czech = "We're the small, clever nation, and we're gonna outsmart everyone!" That doesn't necessarily mean that all Czech coaches will prefer defensive hockey, but the difference in basic outlook may be there in the background all the time in one way or another, perhaps subconsciously.

I'm convinced that the difference in mentality was behind the firing of Čada from Avangard last year in a similar winning situation. They hated seeing a Russian hockey team playing in a way more compatible with the "Czech" rather than the "Russian" outlook. On the other hand, Čada's preferred style of play is perfectly suited for Slovan, a team outbudgeted by probably all other KHL teams. Slovan can't possibly think they're "all-powerful"... not in the KHL, ever. And realizing this is beneficial for the team's play. Maybe SKA should join the NHL for a season to learn some humility and get rid of the illusion of being "all-powerful".

Now let's see how the new SKA coach does. He, too, comes from a small nation, although I'm sure there are differences between the Finnish and the Czech mentality.
agree with everything

yes, you were right with Tabacek. I though that KHL published a statement about correction, and they did it, but only assists from this game.

Old
12-01-2012, 01:30 PM
tohaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by cska78 View Post
Vityaz' can move to Sochi, who's gonna support them there? they better leave the MHL team to poor fans.
I feel like Sochi can provide a bit more of a fan base than Chekhov

Old
12-02-2012, 02:12 AM
SoundAndFury

What a Toskala-like fail by Popperle in today's game against Amur. One of the worst goals in the KHL history so far. And all of the sudden from comfortable two goal lead Lev is only saved by an early whistle by refs at the end.

Old
12-02-2012, 02:15 AM
zorz

Quote:
What a Toskala-like fail by Popperle in today's game against Amur. One of the worst goals in the KHL history so far. And all of the sudden from comfortable two goal lead Lev is only saved by an early whistle by refs at the end.
yeah, it would be so epic fail if they lost that lead

Old
12-02-2012, 08:46 AM
russianhockey

5th or 6th straight game lok without varlamov, is he injured?

just posted an possible russian roster for the channel one cup, but not sure about him (please correct me when something is not right in that possible squad)
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?p=56180241#post56180241

Old
12-02-2012, 09:00 AM
SoundAndFury

Quote:
Originally Posted by russianhockeyDOTde View Post
5th or 6th straight game lok without varlamov, is he injured?
He must be, there's no other explanation. Maybe concussion after headshot by Grabo?

Old
12-02-2012, 09:17 AM
Mirinho

in media presentation (I mean game highlights etc.) is KHL million light years behind NHL and even behind czech extraliga ...

it takes hours to have game highlights on KHL page ... seriously they need some north american experts for this part of league presentation ... KHL must learn how to do it well

there even aren't highlights from every matches in their daily summary

Last edited by Mirinho: 12-02-2012 at 09:22 AM.
Old
12-02-2012, 09:30 AM
Faterson

Also, in the games archive section at khl.ru, the full-length games aren't posted promptly, and sometimes they aren't posted at all. Now that Slovan played games in Siberia, which was during working hours here in Europe, I was willing to pay the khl.ru archives in order to watch a Slovan game later on in the evening... but the games just weren't there in the archives, even many hours after the conclusion of the game... although they were sold as live broadcasts by khl.ru earlier in the day.

Old
12-02-2012, 10:49 AM
Atas2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirinho View Post
in media presentation (I mean game highlights etc.) is KHL million light years behind NHL and even behind czech extraliga ...

it takes hours to have game highlights on KHL page ... seriously they need some north american experts for this part of league presentation ... KHL must learn how to do it well

there even aren't highlights from every matches in their daily summary
Can czechs stop thinking westwards for once? We don't need ANY experts from outside. The KHL just has to invest more money in it's web appearence. We have the best experts for that in Russia, but they like to be paid. They have enough trouble on their hands now, they will get there.

Old
12-02-2012, 10:49 AM
Acallabeth
Play fair, post fair

Send a message via Skype™ to Acallabeth
Quote:
it takes hours to have game highlights on KHL page ...
Yeah, it's really weird that there isn't a "video" link in the daily summary in en.khl.ru while there is one in Russian site.

Old
12-02-2012, 10:51 AM
Atas2000

Quote:
He must be, there's no other explanation. Maybe concussion after headshot by Grabo?
He is "not feeling well" according to club officials.

Old
12-02-2012, 11:33 AM
Atas2000

Quote:
I dont believe much in this "national mentality" thing, or that someone coming from a small nation is automatically expected to be defensive-minded mental midget, that all Canadians are lumberjacks, Americans uneducated idiots and Russians never smile and celebrate only deep inside, in their hearts etc. We all are unique snowflakes

this

Old
12-02-2012, 11:34 AM
Mirinho

Quote:
Can czechs stop thinking westwards for once? We don't need ANY experts from outside. The KHL just has to invest more money in it's web appearence. We have the best experts for that in Russia, but they like to be paid. They have enough trouble on their hands now, they will get there.
well if you have best experts available and it looks like it is now ... I'm very sorry for you ... it's very amateurish for 2nd best league on the world in 21st century ... hope they'll get there one day - but all users must be unahppy with current situation

Old
12-02-2012, 11:44 AM
Atas2000

Quote:
well if you have best experts available and it looks like it is now ... I'm very sorry for you ... it's very amateurish for 2nd best league on the world in 21st century ... hope they'll get there one day - but all users must be unahppy with current situation
If you would really try and read my post you probably would understand the meaning of it...

Old
12-03-2012, 09:31 AM
ult

http://www.khlallstar.com/bitvacherliderov/

Check out cheerleader's promo videos and vote for your favorites. Top 6 will attend Chelyabinsk to compete during All-Star weekend.

Or don't watch it if you're a prude...

Gotta say Traktor video got some good angles.

Closed Thread