HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jim Kelly (ESPN) Comrie

Closed Thread

Old
12-08-2003, 06:31 PM
gretzky2kurri

vCash: 500
Jim Kelly (ESPN) Comrie

Noticed this on the......other site.

ESPN (Jim Kelly)

The Islanders are said to be making a pitch for Edmonton's Mike Comrie, but word out of Edmonton is the kid is not that interested in them. So what you say? Well, Comrie is a restricted free agent. He doesn't have a lot of rights, but he does have the right to refuse to sign a contract. If he doesn't want to play for the Islanders he doesn't have to, but it would be a costly decision. Anaheim is also said to be interested in Comrie.

I don't know if there is anything to it. Or maybe it's old news. (I haven't been clicking on alot of Comrie threads lately)

It's in the right column labeled "Comrie chronicles" and say's nothing more than I pasted here.

Here's the link anyway

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/column...jim&id=1679420

Old
12-09-2003, 02:14 PM
Oilers1*

Comrie 'would not be interested' in playing the Islanders?!?!? This guy's ego is going to need its own seat on his new team's bus.

Old
12-09-2003, 03:14 PM
jadeddog

the more i hear in this whole "thing".... the happier i am that that little whiney ***** isnt going to be on our team..... what an attitude and what an ego

Old
12-09-2003, 03:58 PM
SerbianEagle

I have a feeling he didn't want to play for Edmonton in the first place. Thats why he tried to use that loophole and get the best contract. However Wild Bill Hunter got involved and seeing as how Bill Comrie was good with the Hunter family, Mike may have felt uncomfortbale declaring then that he doesn't want to play here.

Just my 2 cents

Old
12-09-2003, 04:00 PM
barto

The only thing I wonder about here is the fact that he's been sitting for a while now, maybe longer than he ever thought he would, so would be more anxious to get back playing again, for WHOEVER. Then ***** & whine after a while to force another trade...sounds like a plan!

I'm sure Winter would be pushing him to sign a contract with whichever team, too...

Bart

Closed Thread