HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Non-Sharks NorCal Sports Thread XVIII

Closed Thread

Old
12-02-2012, 03:38 PM
Kitten Mittons

vCash: 500
Watch Harbaugh start Kap again next week...

Old
12-02-2012, 03:39 PM
wtfisthis

Quote:
Originally Posted by McSkittlez View Post
You mean Akers and Kappy handed them the game.
It was more than those two and they shouldnt even have to be in a position where Akers needs to be the deciding factor in the game against the RAMS.

Old
12-02-2012, 03:39 PM
KirbyDots

Great way to spend my BDay.

Old
12-02-2012, 03:45 PM
Gene Parmesan
Ice up, son.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McSkittlez View Post
You mean Akers and Kappy handed them the game.
And conservative play calling and penalties. For all you hear about Kaep stretching the D..he sure looked like Alex Smith. They need to take the reins of this offense.

Old
12-02-2012, 04:05 PM
Mafoofoo
:facepalm:

So I wonder how long the Kaep lovefest is gonna continue now.

Old
12-02-2012, 04:16 PM
Gene Parmesan
Ice up, son.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafoofoo View Post
Akers bailed him out.

Old
12-02-2012, 04:22 PM
slocal
Global Moderator
Click Here!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafoofoo View Post
I'd still give him another shot, but what do I know

"there's nothing good about dubstep." - The Nemesis
Old
12-02-2012, 04:36 PM
Gene Parmesan
Ice up, son.

This team will not win a super bowl until Harbaugh and Roman open up the offense. They have weapons yet still so hesistant to let them loose.

Old
12-03-2012, 12:59 AM
TheDanceOfMaternity

Lets have Alex start as we roll Miami and give the team some confidence to go into Foxboro, no?

Old
12-03-2012, 11:24 AM
Clowe Me

vCash: 50
Should they just flip flop qb's after every loss or bad game?

The move to Kaepernick suggests that he's the guy, no matter how Harbaugh tries to spin it to the media. If they switch back to Smith after this one game, it'll reek of desperation.

Old
12-03-2012, 11:28 AM
SJSharksfan39

vCash: 797
Can Jim Harbaugh/Greg Roman please take the cuffs off the offense and let them free? This is kind of the same question I asked last year with Alex Smith. Let him actually use the weapons he has. I'm watching that game yesterday and wonder why wasn't Davis or Walker (Who has been really reliable for Kaepernick) or even Moss getting the ball more. Why are they going for stupid trick plays 15 yards from their own goal line? For the first time since he got here, I'm questioning Harbaugh's decision making (or Roman's, but let's go both). He decided to start this guy because of his speed and arm, and he's throwing back passes to someone who is unreliable catching balls, at least when he's returning punts.

I don't blame Kaepernick for this game, but man the Bay Area is once again going to go ******* asking the question on who should start. I actually think this whole thing is becoming too big of a distraction and will affect the 49ers going forward and that sucks. This game was a cluster**** on all levels, and I for one am glad they don't play the Rams again. Of course that begs the question. They beat the Bears and Saints quite handedly (Even though a lot on the Saints win was because of the defense), why the hell did they tie and lose to the freaking Rams. Stupid team trying to play down to the level of their opponent.

I hope this team does make it to the Super Bowl, but right now, they are only a Divisional playoff team. You need at least 3 wins in the playoffs and I don't see the 49ers doing that at this point.

Old
12-03-2012, 01:57 PM
ChompChomp
SACK T-MAC

Yeah in both games against the Rams in OT they were driving for the winning score and as soon as they got to the Rams 40 yard line, it was run-run-run. Not saying you have to go for the TD, but with all those weapons, you should be driving for the chipshot FG. And Harbaugh needs to get it through his thick skull that Akers is not reliable anymore so you need to get into chipshot range.

Old
12-03-2012, 02:05 PM
Oppa
#FunMustBeAlways

vCash: 157
Harbaugh confirmed Colin Kaepernick will start Sunday against the Dolphins.

Old
12-03-2012, 02:47 PM
wtfisthis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawaii View Post
Harbaugh confirmed Colin Kaepernick will start Sunday against the Dolphins.
No surprise really. It would make Harbaugh look really bad if Smith starts again. Hes done as a starter for the Niners.

Old
12-03-2012, 03:02 PM
Gene Parmesan
Ice up, son.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkie551 View Post
Can Jim Harbaugh/Greg Roman please take the cuffs off the offense and let them free? This is kind of the same question I asked last year with Alex Smith. Let him actually use the weapons he has. I'm watching that game yesterday and wonder why wasn't Davis or Walker (Who has been really reliable for Kaepernick) or even Moss getting the ball more. Why are they going for stupid trick plays 15 yards from their own goal line? For the first time since he got here, I'm questioning Harbaugh's decision making (or Roman's, but let's go both). He decided to start this guy because of his speed and arm, and he's throwing back passes to someone who is unreliable catching balls, at least when he's returning punts.

I don't blame Kaepernick for this game, but man the Bay Area is once again going to go ******* asking the question on who should start. I actually think this whole thing is becoming too big of a distraction and will affect the 49ers going forward and that sucks. This game was a cluster**** on all levels, and I for one am glad they don't play the Rams again. Of course that begs the question. They beat the Bears and Saints quite handedly (Even though a lot on the Saints win was because of the defense), why the hell did they tie and lose to the freaking Rams. Stupid team trying to play down to the level of their opponent.

I hope this team does make it to the Super Bowl, but right now, they are only a Divisional playoff team. You need at least 3 wins in the playoffs and I don't see the 49ers doing that at this point.
And with injuries to Mario and Hunter...you need to replace their skillsets. LaMichael James and A.J. Jenkins could do that but nope he will roll with Jacobs (ugh) and Ginn(ugh). They are too cautious.

Old
12-03-2012, 03:13 PM
Kitten Mittons

Fine, start Kap against a sucky team to restore confidence, but let Smith play three in a row after that, okay?

Old
12-03-2012, 04:11 PM
Clowe Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitten Mittons View Post
Fine, start Kap against a sucky team to restore confidence, but let Smith play three in a row after that, okay?
Barring injury, that's not gonna happen.

Old
12-03-2012, 04:54 PM
Kitten Mittons

It's just stupid. Kap did absolutely nothing to win the starting position over Smith, and I am not a fan of him in the first place. It just seems like the decision is made based on ego or some personal ****. We're in it to win it, not to play the potential game.

Old
12-03-2012, 06:12 PM
Sandisfan

vCash: 163
We Will See If Miami Is Just A Sucky Team

Look Miami is not a pushover, the problem with starting Kaep is if we lose to Miami with rookie type mistakes then we would probably need to win the last Three games to keep the division.

And when you realize New England is a less than 50/50 chance to win followed by the very tough and Loud Seattle home game where they are undefeated there is chance The Niners would need to win the last game just to make the playoffs. I actually expect Seattle to have a 2/3 chance of going undefeated through their last four games and that would put them at 11 wins.

The Seahawks having 11 wins means we have to win Three games and that would mean the Niners have to beat the Patriots.

Old
12-03-2012, 06:24 PM
Wedontneedroads

vCash: 374
It amazes me how Smith has gone from being booed off the field by fans who would have traded him for a bag of used jock straps to what we have today. Quite the rise from the ashes.

I would stick with Kaep. He lets you do so much more even though he is still unpolished. The play calling needs to be way WAY better from the sidelines. They are not putting him in a position to succeed with some of those idiotic play calls. For as great of a staff as they are sometimes they look like the completely out-coached Raiders side line with some of those calls.

I wish I was on message boards for all the debates about Young vs Montana. Now THAT was a QB controversy worth arguing about.

Old
12-03-2012, 06:39 PM
Sandisfan

Do you think Keap will be able win 3?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wedontneedroads View Post
It amazes me how Smith has gone from being booed off the field by fans who would have traded him for a bag of used jock straps to what we have today. Quite the rise from the ashes.

I would stick with Kaep. He lets you do so much more even though he is still unpolished. The play calling needs to be way WAY better from the sidelines. They are not putting him in a position to succeed with some of those idiotic play calls. For as great of a staff as they are sometimes they look like the completely out-coached Raiders side line with some of those calls.

I wish I was on message boards for all the debates about Young vs Montana. Now THAT was a QB controversy worth arguing about.
The reason I say that is that If he doesn't win in Seattle the Niners will probably have to win three games?

The season (specifically the division) may well hang on Keap winning in Seattle.....are you confident of that?

PS I don't see Keap winning against New England...rookie (young) QBs get eaten up by Belichick and the pressure to keep up with their scoring.

Old
12-03-2012, 06:51 PM
Graveland
HONE YOUR CRAFT

There is no way Kaep would sit against Miami, their major defensive hole is mobile quarterbacks they literally have no way to defend against them.

Old
12-03-2012, 07:02 PM
Sandisfan

I don't disagree about Miami but

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burt Macklin View Post
There is no way Kaep would sit against Miami, their major defensive hole is mobile quarterbacks they literally have no way to defend against them.
Miami has played some pretty good games but even reasonably assuming they beat Miami.........How do you feel about Keap beating Seattle in SEATTLE....because if he doesn't and the Seahawks win out the Niners have to beat the Patriots in New England to hold onto the division while going 3 wins and 1 loss.

Old
12-03-2012, 07:50 PM
Kitten Mittons

Dude, **** Seattle: the team, the city, and the supposed home advantage. We're making playoffs either way, nothing wrong with being the Wild Card.

Old
12-03-2012, 09:05 PM
Graveland
HONE YOUR CRAFT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandisfan View Post
Miami has played some pretty good games but even reasonably assuming they beat Miami.........How do you feel about Keap beating Seattle in SEATTLE....because if he doesn't and the Seahawks win out the Niners have to beat the Patriots in New England to hold onto the division while going 3 wins and 1 loss.
Harbaugh has already made his choice, you have to remember that he drafted Kaep. Nobody else in the 49ers organization wanted him. He's not going to pull him it would ruin his confidence and then you'd put Smith in and who knows how well he'd play after being benched.

I'm just hoping the playcalling improves.

KM: Seattle sucks.

Closed Thread