HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Hall for Seguin

Old
12-02-2012, 03:47 PM
Halpysback

vCash: 500
Hall for Seguin

Would either team do it?

Edmonton would get their dynamic 1-2 punch at center while still being able to keep a star winger on each line, with a lot of solid winger prospects (MPS, Hamilton, Pitlick) or FA options to fill the other void. With RNH-Eberle and Seguin-Yakupov all you really need on the other side is a 20-20 winger than can skate and hit well like Kulemin or Brouwer and you get an excellent line.

Boston is using Seguin at wing anyway, and Hall seems like he brings more to the table as a winger.

Each team may have been better off keeping their players originally but now the circumstances are different (Edmonton got Yakupov, Boston has a ton of centers and converted Seguin to wing).

Halpysback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2012, 03:51 PM
BudMovin*
Mung Dealer

Boston is happy with Seguin and his ability to play a full season.

BudMovin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2012, 03:53 PM
jebs

Hall is the only top quality LW the Oilers have. MPS, Hamilton & Pitlick are not even close to being top 6 players.

Seguin might turn out the better player, who knows.. but Halls style of play is not something the Oilers could afford to give away. For the Oilers, Hall brings more to the lineup than Seguin would IMO.

jebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2012, 03:56 PM
5RingsAndABeer
John MacKinnon Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BudMovin View Post
Boston is happy with Seguin and his ability to play a full season.
Edmonton is happy with Hall and his rare ability to make the entire team play noticeably better, rather than simply being another piece.

I definitely would not trade Hall for Seguin. He's the future captain of the Oilers.

5RingsAndABeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2012, 03:59 PM
OilerTyler
Fire Lowe

Neither team makes this trade

OilerTyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2012, 04:00 PM
Neatman

Definitely want to keep Hall from an Oil fan's perspective. Im sure Boston fans have similar feelings in the matter.

Neatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2012, 04:02 PM
bruinsfan46

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilerTyler View Post
Neither team makes this trade
Yep. Both team believes their guy is and will be better so no deal. Thread will not be very civil.

bruinsfan46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2012, 04:04 PM
KidLine93

Hall brings more to the table than Seguin does. Even if we have a void to fill at #2 C I don't want to give up our best player for it

KidLine93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2012, 04:05 PM
Ess_37

Bruins fan living in Edmonton. Both teams hold on to their respective players. Hall is a focal point of the Oilers' future and have built around him, the Bruins have done the same. Both teams are happy with Hall/Seguin and neither team should consider dealing them for one another.

Keep it classy fellas!

Ess_37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2012, 04:07 PM
almostawake

Each of these teams feel like their guy is going to end up a franchise player. Neither of them are going anywhere.

almostawake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2012, 04:08 PM
MrFunnyWobbl
Show Me Your TDs

vCash: 966
Send a message via AIM to MrFunnyWobbl
Seguin will be better so boston says no.

MrFunnyWobbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2012, 04:11 PM
Bourne Endeavor
( _)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)

Personally, I find Seguin has the greater productivity potential, while Hall is more diverse. Of the two, my preference is on Seguin.

Bourne Endeavor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2012, 04:16 PM
supert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halpysback View Post
Would either team do it?

Edmonton would get their dynamic 1-2 punch at center while still being able to keep a star winger on each line, with a lot of solid winger prospects (MPS, Hamilton, Pitlick) or FA options to fill the other void. With RNH-Eberle and Seguin-Yakupov all you really need on the other side is a 20-20 winger than can skate and hit well like Kulemin or Brouwer and you get an excellent line.

Boston is using Seguin at wing anyway, and Hall seems like he brings more to the table as a winger.

Each team may have been better off keeping their players originally but now the circumstances are different (Edmonton got Yakupov, Boston has a ton of centers and converted Seguin to wing).
No , Both teams are happy with who they drafted

supert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2012, 04:29 PM
Dr Quincy

Really no reason for either team to do this, and besides, Seguin dosn't play center.

Some think he can, some think he'll always be better suited to the wing. Either way it's not enough reason to make the deal if you think the players are equal. Meanwhile, Boston is pretty happy with Seguin and dealing him makes no sense.

If this trade was ever going to happen it would have been before the teams made their selections. It will never happen now.

Dr Quincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2012, 04:32 PM
Redden

Hall has way more potential. He has some of the most raw talent in the league. In saying that he lacks the innate hockey sense seguin has and I doubt he'll ever realize his full potential. This is a hard debate because seguin is likely to be the better player but halls ceiling is much higher. For that reason I think both teams pass

Redden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2012, 04:36 PM
Beardfish

I'd do it as a Boston fan. Not because I think Hall is the superior player, but simply because I find him likable and easy to root for. I've been concerned for a while that Seguin is Patrick Kane 2.0, and now with this @#$@# lockout he's being taken under the turd's wing! I'm terrified

Beardfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2012, 04:42 PM
FoppaForsberg*

Seguin now and in the future, so Seguin obviously.

FoppaForsberg* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2012, 04:47 PM
Vladys Gumption
Trap City

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halpysback View Post
Would either team do it?

I could be totally wrong here...but I feel like if Edmonton wanted Seguin they would have drafted him.

Vladys Gumption is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2012, 05:19 PM
topchowda

Sequin would be a greta center but would be playing #2 behind RNH. Hall is the leader of the oilers and bring more intangibles. Right now I think Hall is better and in the future its hard to determine, either could outpace the other but both will be great

topchowda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2012, 05:26 PM
slim399

At the draft I would of done it from a Boston prospective and I would have added something decent to move up.

Since then as a young star Seguin happily sat on the 3rd/4th line/ bench aka bought into a successful system which takes a lot. Then exploded in the eastern conference finals and then hoisted the cup.
Next season he led the team in scoring at almost a point per game rate as a 19 year old.

It's has only been two years and Hall makes a lot of sense. But Seguin already has too much history, too much potential and in my mind is untouchable.

slim399 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2012, 05:30 PM
BostonBob
4 Ever The Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBlue247 View Post
I could be totally wrong here...but I feel like if Edmonton wanted Seguin they would have drafted him.
Absolutely - because the Edmonton management had that uncanny ability to have looked 2 years into the future. The question was - would either team make that deal now. I really like Hall but I would still rather keep Seguin on the Bruins.

BostonBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2012, 05:42 PM
Vladys Gumption
Trap City

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBob View Post
Absolutely - because the Edmonton management had that uncanny ability to have looked 2 years into the future. The question was - would either team make that deal now. I really like Hall but I would still rather keep Seguin on the Bruins.
So just because its two years later means they would consider the trade? They draft each player for a reason.

Vladys Gumption is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2012, 07:05 PM
BostonBob
4 Ever The Greatest

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBob View Post
Quote:
So just because its two years later means they would consider the trade? They draft each player for a reason.
Seriously ???? I guess I need to simplify this for you. The question is not who Edmonton drafted in 2010 but rather would Edmonton now trade the 2012 Taylor Hall for the 2012 Tyler Seguin.

BostonBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2012, 07:17 PM
Luck 6
\\_______

Neutral fan saying Oils should make that deal. Having RNH and Seguin at center would be huge. They have two top RW in Yakupov and Eberle too. All they would need to find is a couple of complimentary players in their top 6 and it'd be quite dominant. Center is a lot harder of a hole to fill than wing, and most cup wingers have essentially 2x #1 centers.

Luck 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2012, 07:24 PM
Cheddabombs
Status Quo

This is one of those deals that would only make sense value wise. There is absolutely no reason for either team to make this trade. Both teams are better off keeping what they have and seeing how their player develops.

Cheddabombs is offline   Reply With Quote