HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

OT Thread Part VII : Tips and Tricks Edition

Closed Thread

Old
12-02-2012, 03:05 AM
Cresto
Much .500

vCash: 500
OT Thread Part VII is failing so far
Everyone is talking their own topic.

Old
12-02-2012, 03:18 AM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

vCash: 50
No Giants Football till Monday.

I am Jack's broken heart.

12-02-2012, 06:42 AM
Hellion
Stone Age Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCresty View Post
I bought 34 pounds of chicken today and the guy just stared at me for a few seconds before getting me to repeat how much I wanted. "34, good sir" I repeated followed by an assuring nod and point to the display filled with chicken drumsticks. He went into the back and grabbed a box of chicken drumsticks marked "apx. 30lbs" and threw it on the scale and weighed a 4 pound bag of chicken drumsticks and inputted it as 34 pounds. That was the most expensive 4 pound bag of chicken I've ever bought He had to follow me to the cashier to make sure security doesn't mistaken me for a chicken thief. The whole thing was juxtaposed with me buying a single peach because I wanted a peach
Reminds me of a time when i went to Wendy's (or something like that), and ordered $50 worth of Jalapeno poppers. Even the taxi driver who was driving me through the drive-trough gave me weird looks

Havnt had Jalapeno poppers since btw!

Old
12-02-2012, 07:23 AM
Kreider
My name is Nils

Quote:
I bought 34 pounds of chicken today and the guy just stared at me for a few seconds before getting me to repeat how much I wanted. "34, good sir" I repeated followed by an assuring nod and point to the display filled with chicken drumsticks. He went into the back and grabbed a box of chicken drumsticks marked "apx. 30lbs" and threw it on the scale and weighed a 4 pound bag of chicken drumsticks and inputted it as 34 pounds. That was the most expensive 4 pound bag of chicken I've ever bought He had to follow me to the cashier to make sure security doesn't mistaken me for a chicken thief. The whole thing was juxtaposed with me buying a single peach because I wanted a peach
Why....?

12-02-2012, 08:58 AM
silverfish
Comfortably Numb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Del Ziti View Post
Why....?
Seconded

Old
12-02-2012, 09:57 AM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

Chicken is divine that's why!

Old
12-02-2012, 04:16 PM
Cresto
Much .500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
Reminds me of a time when i went to Wendy's (or something like that), and ordered $50 worth of Jalapeno poppers. Even the taxi driver who was driving me through the drive-trough gave me weird looks

Havnt had Jalapeno poppers since btw!
Did he drop you off at a back alley where you proceeded to eat $50 worth of jalapeño poppers while saying "my precious"?

Old
12-02-2012, 04:27 PM
Kreider
My name is Nils

Jason, when/if you're in New York, I recommend you check out the B&H store. That thing is badass
Actually, even if you're a New Yorker and haven't been there, check it out

Old
12-02-2012, 04:42 PM
Cresto
Much .500

I make care packages of food for people once in a while. Chicken was on sale and making food relaxes me. The plump pieces of chicken from the drum stick will be marinaded lightly with a few oils, acids, seasoning, spices and to get a touch of sweet basil flavors in there. Then it's 24 hours of marinading in a earl grey tea concoction that will be reduced down to be pretty concentrated. Then crumbed with a Panko crumb and flour batter with sweet basil in it. Havent tried the earl grey on chicken before but it worked well on the duck breast so it should be even better on chicken. Using the unatteactive bits of chicken (which there are plenty of for spring rolls with chicken and vegetables in em. making one with a touch of soaked and slightly pickled ginger finely sliced in it. A spicy one with some chili and a dash of cayenne and a regular one. Using all that skin and remaining meat for a chicken skin and and prawn ravioli. Admittedly, it's frozen prawns that I've stored for a few weeks now. Looks like its going to be 250 chicken nuggets and ~250 spring rolls and about 150 raviolis.

Old
12-02-2012, 04:43 PM
Cresto
Much .500

Quote:
Jason, when/if you're in New York, I recommend you check out the B&H store. That thing is badass
Actually, even if you're a New Yorker and haven't been there, check it out
I have no idea what that is.

Old
12-02-2012, 05:00 PM
Kreider
My name is Nils

Quote:
I have no idea what that is.
It's an electronics store. Let me explain what's so amazing.
First of all, it's really crowded. Always packed. And I mean, it always looks like Black Friday/Boxing Day?
There's a kind of show floor, where you can look at, and try anything technological on earth. When you know what you wanna buy, you talk to an employee, and he places your "order", and prints a receipt. Then you go to the checkout line, and give them your receipt, and pay. From there it's to the pickup counter, where you watch as your item arrives instantly. How? Well, as soon as you got rung up by the employee on the floor, your item was found, labeled, and moved out of the warehouse to the pickup counter, using ****ing crazy systems of conveyor belts running along the ceiling. This all takes about a minute. My description made it sound really silly (and complicated/disorganized), but its actually... Amazing

Old
12-02-2012, 05:16 PM
Cresto
Much .500

Quote:
It's an electronics store. Let me explain what's so amazing.
First of all, it's really crowded. Always packed. And I mean, it always looks like Black Friday/Boxing Day?
There's a kind of show floor, where you can look at, and try anything technological on earth. When you know what you wanna buy, you talk to an employee, and he places your "order", and prints a receipt. Then you go to the checkout line, and give them your receipt, and pay. From there it's to the pickup counter, where you watch as your item arrives instantly. How? Well, as soon as you got rung up by the employee on the floor, your item was found, labeled, and moved out of the warehouse to the pickup counter, using ****ing crazy systems of conveyor belts running along the ceiling. This all takes about a minute. My description made it sound really silly (and complicated/disorganized), but its actually... Amazing
It sounds pretty concise actually. Are the electronics cheaper than other general electronics store?

Old
12-02-2012, 05:18 PM
Cresto
Much .500

Tsk tsk... the isles has the same article/thread on the Potvin deal and even in the off season and during this time of crisis for hockey fans everywhere, they're not sparing the "Rags" title.

Old
12-02-2012, 05:28 PM
Kreider
My name is Nils

Quote:
It sounds pretty concise actually. Are the electronics cheaper than other general electronics store?
Don't think so. It's more of a high-end store, where you can get things you won't find at best buy etc.

And yes, it's really concise. I thought it was confusing/useless at first. Walking out with the new receiver a minute later changed my mind

Old
12-02-2012, 05:30 PM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

I can no longer walk into F.Y.E. to browse. I always end up getting something.

Old
12-02-2012, 05:34 PM
Kreider
My name is Nils

Terrible, bright picture of the tree. Will upload a good one at night

Old
12-02-2012, 05:41 PM
Cresto
Much .500

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob richards View Post
i can no longer walk into f.y.e. To browse. I always end up getting something.
fye?

Old
12-02-2012, 05:42 PM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

Quote:
fye?
They sell a lot of albums.

Old
12-02-2012, 05:43 PM
Cresto
Much .500

LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL LLLLLLLLLL

You know guys... I'd just like to lower my head in silence over how sad my Christmas holidays are

When Nils was talking about putting up a tree and John cuts in and says "my tree in 10 feet tall", I thought you guys were talking about a tree tree that photosynthesizes. I was wondering why the hell Nils was planting a tree and then I saw the picture of the Christmas tree and I was like... Ohh....

Old
12-02-2012, 05:47 PM
Hodgy OFWG
New Season New Dream

Send a message via Skype™ to Hodgy OFWG
Quote:
LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL LLLLLLLLLL

You know guys... I'd just like to lower my head in silence over how sad my Christmas holidays are

When Nils was talking about putting up a tree and John cuts in and says "my tree in 10 feet tall", I thought you guys were talking about a tree tree that photosynthesizes. I was wondering why the hell Nils was planting a tree and then I saw the picture of the Christmas tree and I was like... Ohh....
oh boyyyy I think I am putting up the ornaments tomorrow, just put up the tree today with the lights. 3rd year with our fake one

Old
12-02-2012, 05:56 PM
EmpireStateofMind

We'd usually have the tree up by now but everything that survived from the Hurricane is in the living room so it's gonna be a little while longer

Old
12-02-2012, 06:06 PM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

Don't believe I'm doing a Christmas tree this year. Kinda strange when you aren't Catholic.

Old
12-02-2012, 07:10 PM
silverfish
Comfortably Numb

Is having eggs for breakfast three times a week a bad idea? I've been going with two (Tuesday, Friday) and a cup of coffee and they are really my best mornings every week ....

Thinking about changing that to M/W/F after I knock out all my "work outs."

But cholesterol and all that noise... I'd eat eggs every ****ing day, but I don't want to die at age 40.

And Cresty, you're the man for cooking all that food dude. That's gotta be big time real life karma points

Old
12-02-2012, 07:12 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
Is having eggs for breakfast three times a week a bad idea? I've been going with two (Tuesday, Friday) and a cup of coffee and they are really my best mornings every week ....

Thinking about changing that to M/W/F after I knock out all my "work outs."

But cholesterol and all that noise... I'd eat eggs every ****ing day, but I don't want to die at age 40.

And Cresty, you're the man for cooking all that food dude. That's gotta be big time real life karma points
Eat egg whites instead. They taste the same. Put some salt on 'em if you need to. The best thing I ever learned about cooking breakfast, was to use egg whites instead of eggs.

12-02-2012, 07:16 PM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

Speaking of cholesterol, I got my latest blood donation card. My stats look good.

Closed Thread