HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

RD David Rundblad (2009, 17th overall, STL; OTT; PHX; CHI)

Old
12-02-2012, 08:21 PM
Rhino Reilly
Gettn Wiggy wit it

vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Rhino Reilly
Glad to hear Rundblad's defensive game has gotten better. As a Sens fan I wish him nothing but the best. Hopefully he and Turris both live up to their potentials and its a 'Win/Win' move.

Rhino Reilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2012, 08:34 PM
hbk

Quote:
Originally Posted by WasTeD View Post
Glad to hear Rundblad's defensive game has gotten better. As a Sens fan I wish him nothing but the best. Hopefully he and Turris both live up to their potentials and its a 'Win/Win' move.
Phoenix is happy. Rundblad is a absolutely fantastic asset and the second rounder turned into Vermette who was a key player in providing the franchise's first playoff series win since 1987.

hbk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 11:59 PM
Mack

Send a message via MSN to Mack
David Rundblad

Do you think we have seen all that he can offer? Or will he get close to his amazing season he had in sweden a few years ago?

Mack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 12:01 AM
XX
Lots of Try

He hasn't been put in a position to succeed. And that will likely never come with the Coyotes under Tippett, so expect him to be dealt. Talented player, loved his hitting, just not a good organizational fit. He was the best player the Coyotes could extract from the Sens for Turris.

XX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 01:16 AM
Mack

Send a message via MSN to Mack
Quote:
Originally Posted by XX View Post
He hasn't been put in a position to succeed. And that will likely never come with the Coyotes under Tippett, so expect him to be dealt. Talented player, loved his hitting, just not a good organizational fit. He was the best player the Coyotes could extract from the Sens for Turris.
I hope he doesn't get discouraged. And stays here in north america.

Mack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 01:47 AM
Kevin8se7en
Unregistered User

Quote:
This

He may never be a great player, but given his situation, he won't have the chance to prove himself. He will be forgotten if he stays on Phoenix and labelled a bust. If he is traded to a team that can use an offensive Dman... he may be able to prove the hype was legit.

Kevin8se7en is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 01:57 AM
XX
Lots of Try

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin8se7en View Post
This

He may never be a great player, but given his situation, he won't have the chance to prove himself. He will be forgotten if he stays on Phoenix and labelled a bust. If he is traded to a team that can use an offensive Dman... he may be able to prove the hype was legit.
His offensive instincts are on par with Yandle, yet Rundblad has only ever played 38 NHL level games. He is very impressive when he has the puck on his stick in the offensive zone, or is sniffing around for an opportunity on a PP. The problem is that only constitutes a small part of the game, and he is a raw, unfinished product (which is being nice) when it comes to actually playing D. The offensive talent is just impressive. It oozes out of him. It is very clear, when you watch him, what the hype is about. It's just a damn shame he doesn't know how to play D.

You have to earn your keep on a Tippett team. He is not fond of rookies. So there's no chance in hell Rundblad gets a fair shake here. Watch for him to be dealt for something to help the Coyotes down the stretch. Still a great player, just needs the right fit.

XX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 08:44 AM
Fleury14
Kipper

Quote:
His offensive instincts are on par with Yandle, yet Rundblad has only ever played 38 NHL level games.
Took a look at the numbers, and Yandle had 9 points through his frist 38 NHL games as opposed to Rundblad's 8 though his first 38 games.

A lot of patience is always needed with young D at the NHL level. Even the ones that burst into the league (ie. Doughty, Phaneuf, Myers for example) then seem to "regress" after a couple of seasons.

Fleury14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 08:49 AM
Skinnyjimmy08

either he is dealt to a team that will let him do his thing and go wild offensively or else he will be classified a bust if he stays it coyotes organization. Phoenix is deep in the young Dmen department and can easily move him. If he stays in Phoenix/Portland, he will head back to Europe the first chance he can and be a stud again over there. I really hope he gets traded because I have him in my keeper league pool and am waiting for him to play regularily in NHL and put up some numbers!!!

Skinnyjimmy08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 09:41 AM
thelos
Bunk

Flyers could use a young PMD....

thelos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 09:46 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

If Yandle can be a river boat gambler on a Dave Tippett team, so can Rundblad. It just takes a little longer to earn DT's trust. Look at Mikkel Boedker. He's been our best forward the majority of games since the first round of the playoffs. There was a time when he couldnt buy ice time. Either Rundblad pulls a Turris, cries like a baby and starts demanding things because he has no character, or he goes the Boedker route and pulls himself up by the bootstraps and perseveres like a professional. We shall see.

Also, probably won't matter if Patrick Roy is coaching this team next season.

03-06-2013, 10:14 AM
Stepan Glass
HFBoards Sponsor

Rangers could definitely use a right handed pmd. Not sure what the cost would be but I'd love to have him here.

Just a suggestion and maybe this is absurd, but if he oozes offensive potential and has great struggles on D, why not try him on RW?

Stepan Glass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 11:41 AM
Rabid Ranger
2 is better than one

So, he needs to move to yet another team to fulfill his potential? How about just being patient and earning his stripes?

Rabid Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 11:48 AM
KRM

Career AHL/SEL player.

KRM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 10:41 PM
Kevin8se7en
Unregistered User

I'd love for him to get traded to the Flyers and have an actual chance to play his game. If he stays in Phoenix, he will be a career AHLer

Kevin8se7en is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 10:45 PM
hbk

Rundblad is developing on schedule.

Old
03-06-2013, 10:55 PM
swiftwin
#lalala

I was never sold on him, even when he was with the Sens and had a ton of hype around him.

I'm sure he'll make it to the NHL, but as no more than an average bottom 4 offensive/pp guy.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...5&postcount=20

swiftwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 11:37 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbk View Post
Rundblad is developing on schedule.
Agreed completely.

rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 11:53 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Way too early to give up, getting closer to a point in time to be concerned.

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 12:01 AM
TheHMan

Honestly, I don't see why the Coyotes didn't play Turris more. They took way too long in giving him a good look, he's been great for Ottawa.

TheHMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 02:09 AM
gsharpe

Canucks should go hard at him if he's available. Retain some salary on Ballard big plus maybe do it?

gsharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 04:52 AM
Rhino Reilly
Gettn Wiggy wit it

Send a message via Skype™ to Rhino Reilly
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHMan View Post
Honestly, I don't see why the Coyotes didn't play Turris more. They took way too long in giving him a good look, he's been great for Ottawa.
Don't tell the posters on the main boards, he 'sucks' apparently because he's in a goal scoring slump lol.

Rhino Reilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 07:40 AM
hbk

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHMan View Post
Turris had plenty of opportunity to land a top 6 role in Phoenix. He was given too much too soon and didn't have to earn his spot and Turris's development suffered. He was horribly mismanaged early on and when they tried to correct it Turris held it against the franchise. Just a horrible situation for everyone.

Has Turris been great? I'd say he's been okay. I don't think anyone is beating their chest too loudly about his play this year. He's just been okay. If anything I would suspect most fans would be slightly disappointed with his production this season. More is expected.

Old
03-07-2013, 10:20 AM
GoBU19

Look at how many NHL regulars struggled at the beginning of the season to make the transition from playing in Europe to the North American game. I wouldn't call any defenseman a disappointment or bust until he's failed to make it after being given significant minutes at least at the AHL level. 22 is young for a defenseman. If he's still in the minors two years from now and has made no progress, then i'd worry. I think most defenseman don't reach their full potential until they're 27, 28 years old. it's a position that takes time to learn and get good at.

GoBU19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 02:43 PM
FormerRedwingFan
Sarcastic User Name

Does Rundblad make the team next season? I see he has improved pretty much across the board down in the AHL. He is now a plus 4 after 38 games, pretty good considering his defense is always the most critizesed part of his game. Anyone seeing him play lately?

FormerRedwingFan is offline   Reply With Quote