HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official HF Oil GM Connected NHL13 (PS3/Xbox360) Part 3

Closed Thread

Old
12-02-2012, 06:13 AM
bzur

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by StraightEdge View Post
Is there no sim tonight bzur?
Sorry I got things mixed up.. Thought there were 31 days in November and assumed it was Sunday. It's 5am now, I'll do it now. My bad!

Old
12-02-2012, 11:54 AM
Ronik
Deputy Commissioner!

Ps3!!

Playoffs will begin tonight at 9pm Mtn.!! Everyone prepare your teams!! This one is gonna be a hell of a ride!!

Anyways, now that thats out of the way, I can show my roster. Wish I could have Klingberg and Myhlchreest on it or even as scratches but oh well. Anyways, here are your Toronto Maple Leafs with types and OVRs:

PWF JVR 85| PLY Seguin 84 | SNP Havlat 85
PLY Huberdeau 85| TWF O'Reilly 82| SNP Kulemin 83
PWF Colborne 78| TWF Faksa 60| PLY Connacher 75
TWF Ross 65| TWF Gaunce 61| PWF Jaskin 67

TWD Gardiner 82| OFD Liles 82
DFD Kulda 76| TWD Hamilton 69
OFD Morrow 66| TWD Reilly 59

HYB Reimer 83
HYB Rask 83

Ronik

Last edited by Ronik: 12-02-2012 at 01:42 PM.
Old
12-02-2012, 12:11 PM
camwise

wow that last sim TRASHED the islanders.. wow... Tavares 8 games, Cizinkas 50 games, rashkasni 11 games

Old
12-02-2012, 02:01 PM
bzur

Son of a...I can't find the format for the offseason anywhere, and no way am I spending all day today simming another league to find out (took me about 10 hours last time). Can anyone help me with this? Anyone have it still from another league?
Thanks! If I can get that I'll hammer out the schedule.

Old
12-02-2012, 04:42 PM
camwise

i scoured the internet, no dice bro

Old
12-02-2012, 05:10 PM
bzur

Quote:
Originally Posted by camwise View Post
i scoured the internet, no dice bro
I'm almost positive it's pre resign phase, then four sims for resigning players, then free agency on July 1.
I'll just go from that. It'll be a much shorter offseason.. I'm thinking all resign phases get done over 2 days. One every 12 hours maybe. Then free agency will be a day a piece, and I'll sim until the week before the start of the season and give people a day to work their rosters, then season starts. If the offseason is over in a week I'll be happy. Everyone okay with this?

Old
12-02-2012, 05:39 PM
Game 8

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by bzur View Post
I'm almost positive it's pre resign phase, then four sims for resigning players, then free agency on July 1.
I'll just go from that. It'll be a much shorter offseason.. I'm thinking all resign phases get done over 2 days. One every 12 hours maybe. Then free agency will be a day a piece, and I'll sim until the week before the start of the season and give people a day to work their rosters, then season starts. If the offseason is over in a week I'll be happy. Everyone okay with this?
12hrs/ phase is a little short as some of us only have access once per day. Completely agree with speeding it up, how about one phase/day? or one phase at 8:00 pm and one at 10:00 pm your schedule permitting!

Old
12-02-2012, 05:59 PM
camwise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game 8 View Post
12hrs/ phase is a little short as some of us only have access once per day. Completely agree with speeding it up, how about one phase/day? or one phase at 8:00 pm and one at 10:00 pm your schedule permitting!
dood we tried this **** last season, and it was brutally long, and no offense to the commish, he does an amazing job in this league, we lost a lot of guys due to interest.. Commish, just make the schedule and everyone will adhere true me

Old
12-02-2012, 06:31 PM
Game 8

Quote:
dood we tried this **** last season, and it was brutally long, and no offense to the commish, he does an amazing job in this league, we lost a lot of guys due to interest.. Commish, just make the schedule and everyone will adhere true me
Were we one/day last year? if so I agree with you, last offseason took a long time!

Old
12-02-2012, 07:39 PM
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty

vCash: 1026
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronik View Post
Playoffs will begin tonight at 9pm Mtn.!! Everyone prepare your teams!! This one is gonna be a hell of a ride!!
Ronik
Pretty pumped! Looking like I'll get the Oilers in the first round in the 4/5 matchup (despite being 4th in the entire league in points).

Also, I see we have one game that has to be simmed a piece, and Landeskog's sitting at 59 goals, and Kulemin's at 58. Should be interesting!

My lineup is looking ok going into the playoffs, despite the fact that Johnson picked up his second 40+ game injury this year

Last edited by The Nuge: 12-02-2012 at 07:45 PM.
Old
12-02-2012, 07:44 PM
Ronik
Deputy Commissioner!

Ps3

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nuge View Post
Pretty pumped! Looking like I'll get the Oilers in the first round in the 4/5 matchup (despite being 4th in the entire league in points).

Also, I see we have one game that has to be simmed a piece, and Landeskog's sitting at 59 goals, and Kulemin's at 58. Should be interesting!
Aw darn you!! I thought I had that locked up lol. It will be interesting to see who gets it and how the playoffs go. Also, I will have an announcement right after playoffs. Anyone who I PMed, please respond to those, thanks.

Ronik

Old
12-02-2012, 07:52 PM
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty

vCash: 1026
Quote:
Aw darn you!! I thought I had that locked up lol. It will be interesting to see who gets it and how the playoffs go. Also, I will have an announcement right after playoffs. Anyone who I PMed, please respond to those, thanks.

Ronik
It was pretty damn tough to do. I pulled out a hattrick in my final game of the season. I figured Landsekog deserved it though since he had like 40 goals in 35 games before I got crazy busy with school

Old
12-02-2012, 10:01 PM
Ronik
Deputy Commissioner!

Ps3

We have now arrived at the playoffs and this is how the format looks:

West
1.Calgary
8.Chicago

2.San Jose
7.Vancouver

3.Nashville
6.Dallas

4.Colorado
5.Edmonton

East
1.Toronto
8.Tampa Bay

2.Washington
7.New York I

3.Philadelphia
6.Pittsburgh

4.Boston
5.Buffalo

Simming will remain the same, if you like an extension, PM/Post/PSN me ASAP! I also expect you guys to work a certain time to play games unless you got a CPU team. For the first round, every one has CPU teams except COL and EDM. I believe EDM's CPU is on so first round will be simmed tuesday. As for the second round, it is supposed to be simmed Thursday night, but I will be glad to extend it to friday or saturday night to give players lots of time to get in gear.

For future reference, I will be on from 2pm Mtn til 9 Mtn for this week.

EDIT: The Nuge, ended up being a tie between Kulemin and Landeskog for Goal Leader! Lol.
Ronik

Last edited by Ronik: 12-02-2012 at 10:11 PM.
Old
12-02-2012, 11:41 PM
czar99

Uhm! Wtf was with 20 min. OT in the emulate season?

Old
12-02-2012, 11:41 PM
InUtero
Oilers!

So me and NYR were playing and our game went to OT but it was 20 minutes not 5 and a shoot out. weird

Old
12-02-2012, 11:53 PM
molsonmuscle360

Quote:
So me and NYR were playing and our game went to OT but it was 20 minutes not 5 and a shoot out. weird
Probably had to change it early so it switched over for the playoffs. TBH I think it would be better that way overall anyways (or if you could even bring in the old option for a tie in regular season). The shootout can be almost to easy if you know how to do the goaltending right.

Old
12-03-2012, 10:43 AM
bzur

Quote:
Originally Posted by molsonmuscle360 View Post
Probably had to change it early so it switched over for the playoffs. TBH I think it would be better that way overall anyways (or if you could even bring in the old option for a tie in regular season). The shootout can be almost to easy if you know how to do the goaltending right.
That's exactly why I did it.. Wanted to do it before the last sim in hopes it will work.. Doesn't give me the option for playoff overtime, and I'm hoping this will fix it. If not we're stuck with 5 mins+shoot out in playoffs unfortunately.
Also, sim will be at 9 tonight, and playoffs will begin! I'll try and be on from 6 on to get in games with Washington, Philly, Tampa and Carolina if you guys are on.

Old
12-03-2012, 01:41 PM
InUtero
Oilers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzur View Post
That's exactly why I did it.. Wanted to do it before the last sim in hopes it will work.. Doesn't give me the option for playoff overtime, and I'm hoping this will fix it. If not we're stuck with 5 mins+shoot out in playoffs unfortunately.
Also, sim will be at 9 tonight, and playoffs will begin! I'll try and be on from 6 on to get in games with Washington, Philly, Tampa and Carolina if you guys are on.
Last year it went straight to a shoot out there was no 5 minutes to play

Old
12-03-2012, 02:21 PM
CanuckCity

Quote:

Anyways, now that thats out of the way, I can show my roster. Wish I could have Klingberg and Myhlchreest on it or even as scratches but oh well. Anyways, here are your Toronto Maple Leafs with types and OVRs:

PWF JVR 85| PLY Seguin 84 | SNP Havlat 85
PLY Huberdeau 85| TWF O'Reilly 82| SNP Kulemin 83
PWF Colborne 78| TWF Faksa 60| PLY Connacher 75
TWF Ross 65| TWF Gaunce 61| PWF Jaskin 67

TWD Gardiner 82| OFD Liles 82
DFD Kulda 76| TWD Hamilton 69
OFD Morrow 66| TWD Reilly 59

HYB Reimer 83
HYB Rask 83

Ronik
nice depth wouldn't mind seeing that lineup in 3 years though

Old
12-03-2012, 02:27 PM
CanuckCity

Can't complain about 20 minute OT, the shootout isn't hockey and its not fun when you know the moves everyone bites on.

Also, the resign phase shouldn't be any shorter than a day per sim. Some gm's find this time as a waste but it takes multiple sims to get your players at a good deal. I'd much rather spend 4 days and get my players at a deal than get it over with in 2 but have to overpay everyone so they sign.

Old
12-03-2012, 02:30 PM
bzur

Quote:
Last year it went straight to a shoot out there was no 5 minutes to play
Oh seriously?? That's ridiculous! I know I didn't change the setting when I started the league.. I really hope this works otherwise unfortunately that's what we are stuck with. Unless anyone wants to start over? Hahaha

Old
12-03-2012, 02:34 PM
bzur

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanuckCity View Post
Can't complain about 20 minute OT, the shootout isn't hockey and its not fun when you know the moves everyone bites on.

Also, the resign phase shouldn't be any shorter than a day per sim. Some gm's find this time as a waste but it takes multiple sims to get your players at a good deal. I'd much rather spend 4 days and get my players at a deal than get it over with in 2 but have to overpay everyone so they sign.
That's why I had it be longer originally. Like I said, I think I can keep the offseason down to a week... Maybe 8 days. Everyone just has to be on the ball and help out here to make it work. Like I had said last offseason if anyone is worried they won't be around I'd suggest leaving the league so the CPU will resign some players for you. Then just reenter as your team when you are available.

Old
12-03-2012, 03:57 PM
Ronik
Deputy Commissioner!

Ps3

Playoffs are on the first page. It will be updated every round with the previous set scores.

Ronik

Old
12-03-2012, 04:37 PM
camwise

SEGRIN!!! WE MADE IT !!!! HAHAHA i think if things stay on pace we face each other in the first round brotha... FRIENDLY COMPETETION BRO

Old
12-03-2012, 05:47 PM
bzur

Quote:
SEGRIN!!! WE MADE IT !!!! HAHAHA i think if things stay on pace we face each other in the first round brotha... FRIENDLY COMPETETION BRO
I know right!?!? I actually really hope we play each other after the mini series we had. With 3 and 4 games left it's possible that we hit the 4 and 5 spot.. I think we both have to win out pretty much though. Haha.

Closed Thread