HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Entertainment
Entertainment Discuss movies, tv shows, music, arts, literature, fashion, and upcoming events, concerts, etc.

The Walking Dead: Season 3 (Part IV) Returns Feb. 10th

Closed Thread

Old
12-02-2012, 09:27 PM
TheBeastCoast

vCash: 893
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawksFan74 View Post
Yeah but then he just strolls Daryl out there. Don't ya think she's going to put two and two together?

Wouldn't it just be easier to try and convert Daryl?
Except he doesn't trust Daryl's brother anymore.......Talk about making sense lol

Old
12-02-2012, 09:28 PM
Bocephus86

vCash: 690
I have a recurrent erosion on my eye from over a year ago and it hurts like a ***** every once in a while. I can only imagine how much the governers eye will hurt. Maybe thatll push him over the edge into complete *******/evil villain like Ive heard he is in the comics. Im ready to set up fights to the death when mine flares up in the morning and we aren't even in an apocolypse

Old
12-02-2012, 09:29 PM
Devilsfan92
4 8 15 16 23 42

vCash: 500
Quote:
Yeah but then he just strolls Daryl out there. Don't ya think she's going to put two and two together?

No way he's converting Daryl. He also has someone to pin the invasion on(Merle) instead of looking weak.

Governor is going to want to storm that prison now, he's going to want to bring an army.

Rick's group gets Michonne and Tyresse & Co. Maybe Merle now too, Daryl brings him back.

Big ass showdown later in the season, walkers play a part in it somewhere.

Old
12-02-2012, 09:30 PM
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilsfan92 View Post
No way he's converting Daryl. He also has someone to pin the invasion on(Merle) instead of looking weak.

Governor is going to want to storm that prison now, he's going to want to bring an army.

Rick's group gets Michonne and Tyresse & Co. Maybe Merle now too, Daryl brings him back.
Merle is going to die. No way he fits in with the group.

Old
12-02-2012, 09:31 PM
CupofOil

Quote:
Seriously? There wasn't any major reveals. Just some action and new characters. Nobody significant died. Everything pretty much went as expected which is boring.

The 1st couple shows this season were much better. The pilot is still better than anything they did after. We didn't even get any dialog between Daryl and Merle. The only possible cliffhanger was ruined.
It was a mid-season finale, not a season finale so i'm not sure why you expected major reveals and major characters to be killed off.
Also, this episode was anything but boring, far from it.
It set up everything nicely for the second half.

It wasn't the best of the series like some have said but it was certainly exciting and tension filled. The Governor-Michonne fight scene was one of the most intense of the entire series IMO.

Old
12-02-2012, 09:31 PM
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly

Quote:
Originally Posted by secord92 View Post
Except he doesn't trust Daryl's brother anymore.......Talk about making sense lol
That's not the reason he did that.

Old
12-02-2012, 09:32 PM
LucilleAustero

Is another Texas Chainsaw really necessary?

Old
12-02-2012, 09:33 PM
Devilsfan92
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bocephus86 View Post
I have a recurrent erosion on my eye from over a year ago and it hurts like a ***** every once in a while. I can only imagine how much the governers eye will hurt. Maybe thatll push him over the edge into complete *******/evil villain like Ive heard he is in the comics. Im ready to set up fights to the death when mine flares up in the morning and we aren't even in an apocolypse
Definitely see the Gov going over the edge now. His daughter now gone, his aquarium of fame broken. The loss of an eye will seal the deal. I want to see another Gov/Michonne show down.

Quote:
Merle is going to die. No way he fits in with the group.
I could see Daryl bringing him back. In the preview they show Glenn yelling something about "What's he doing here", I'm guessing it's Merle.

Old
12-02-2012, 09:33 PM
duckaroosky
So sayeth Duckthulu

No more shows until February?... that's okay I'll just turn to the NHL... oh wait... nevermind

Old
12-02-2012, 09:35 PM
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly

Quote:
Originally Posted by CupofOil View Post
It was a mid-season finale, not a season finale so i'm not sure why you expected major reveals and major characters to be killed off.

It wasn't the best of the series like some have said but it was certainly exciting and tension filled. The Governor-Michonne fight scene was one of the most intense of the entire series IMO.
You typically set up a decent cliffhanger or significant event for a mid-season. We saw this last year and in other series. The episode failed to do any of it, didn't help that the preview spoiled it but we pretty much knew nothing was happening to Daryl. Like I said, other episodes this season were much better.

Old
Bruv
Loveless

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by CupofOil View Post

Absolutely right.

Old
TheBeastCoast

Quote:
That's not the reason he did that.
Well it would certainly be easy to recruit Daryl after they kill his brother lol

Old
12-02-2012, 09:36 PM
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilsfan92 View Post
Definitely see the Gov going over the edge now. His daughter now gone, his aquarium of fame broken. The loss of an eye will seal the deal. I want to see another Gov/Michonne show down.

I could see Daryl bringing him back. In the preview they show Glenn yelling something about "What's he doing here", I'm guessing it's Merle.
I missed that, gee AMC, tell us everything that happens. LOL.

Old
12-02-2012, 09:36 PM
Devilsfan92
4 8 15 16 23 42

Expendables for me; Axel, Carol, Andrea - Hope these are the first to die.

I'd like to see Beth be more involved, but I guess she'll end up being like a mother to the baby.
Sucks Herschel lost the leg, he's kinda useless. I like him, but kind of expendable.

I like Carl now, thought he handled that situation great. He's been good all season.

Old
12-02-2012, 09:39 PM
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly

Quote:
Originally Posted by secord92 View Post
Well it would certainly be easy to recruit Daryl after they kill his brother lol
It has nothing to do with that. The Governor's motivation for that final scene is the same for killing the soldiers. Woodburry is the only safe place. The only possible reason we could be infiltrated is an inside job. It's about manipulation.

Now Andrea will know it was Rick's group and all three of them will escape. Probably will have smoke grenades or something.

Old
12-02-2012, 09:40 PM
CupofOil

Quote:
You typically set up a decent cliffhanger or significant event for a mid-season. We saw this last year and in other series. The episode failed to do any of it, didn't help that the preview spoiled it but we pretty much knew nothing was happening to Daryl. Like I said, other episodes this season were much better.
Agreed that it wasn't the best of this season but it's been such a good season that it's more a testament to how good the other episodes than how bad this one was.

I would say that them capturing Daryl and The Governor turning on Merle was a pretty big deal and a good cliffhanger going into the second half.
It sucks that the previews spoiled it but sometimes previews are deceiving and maybe the previews were done on purpose to set us up for a surprise. I hope not because if Daryl dies, i might have a hard time continuing with the show, his awesomeness is irreplaceable.
He's the Gretzky of TWD.

Old
12-02-2012, 09:42 PM
TheBeastCoast

Quote:
Basically set up a complete character change with the Govenor. Introduced a new major character. Left us with a decent cliff hanger(though the previews have ruined it lol) I am rewatching the show on the encore and have slightly changed my opinion....the first 40 minutes were some of the best they have done yet. It fell off a bit in the last 20 minutes, great set up for the rest of the season though.

Old
12-02-2012, 09:42 PM
LucilleAustero

Stupid Andrea!

Old
12-02-2012, 09:43 PM
Ser Woof
Too proud to beg

vCash: 86
Quote:

Trotting Daryl out there is probably more of a show of power/control to the people of Woodbury and defiance of the attack from Rick's group than anything else. I don't think he really makes Andrea a consideration in that decision because she's already shown herself to be gullible enough to believe anything he tells her. Also, by calling Merle out as a spy/traitor he deflects any real culpability of the attack from himself. So, long version short, I understand your point and think it does have merit but I just don't think in that instance he really would have thought of those particular consequences with regard to Andrea.

Old
12-02-2012, 09:44 PM
Tanner Glass
Call me Nils

"What's he doing here" makes it pretty clear that Merle and Daryl escape together
Previews also make it look like Andrea will play an even bigger role in part 2, still with the governor. That does however increase the chances of her death

12-02-2012, 09:46 PM
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucilleAustero View Post
Stupid Andrea!
Andrea doesn't bother me at all. I don't get all the hate. Michonne on the other hand is annoying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWoof View Post
Trotting Daryl out there is probably more of a show of power/control to the people of Woodbury and defiance of the attack from Rick's group than anything else. I don't think he really makes Andrea a consideration in that decision because she's already shown herself to be gullible enough to believe anything he tells her. Also, by calling Merle out as a spy/traitor he deflects any real culpability of the attack from himself. So, long version short, I understand your point and think it does have merit but I just don't think in that instance he really would have thought of those particular consequences with regard to Andrea.
Andrea is going to bust them out. Duh!

Old
12-02-2012, 09:48 PM
Ser Woof
Too proud to beg

vCash: 86
Quote:
I found the fight between Michonne and the Governor a bit comical in a couple instances.

The intro of those characters didn't do anything for me. I have not read the comics so all I know is there is some new people in the prison now. Nothing else was really provided.
Really? I honestly found it to be one of the best action scenes of the series. I'm sorta curious, what parts of the scene did you find comical?

I understand how the addition of Tyreese to some who haven't read the comics could be underwhelming, for lack of a better term. I am just excited for the addition of another great character that should add to the series moving forward.

Old
12-02-2012, 09:52 PM
DisgruntledGoat

Is there any good reason at all for Michonne to hate the Governor so much that she risks everything to sneak into his apartment to kill him? What did he do exactly? Take her in, give her some food, and subtly suggest she can't leave before letting her leave?

In the comics, she has EVERY reason to want him dead. This show is so horrible with character motivation, I can't think of any major TV show that has ever been worse. And I don't get it because its ALL LAID OUT IN THE COMIC... JUST FOLLOW THE COMIC!!

Even the Governor... First, he's not even that bad a guy in the TV show. Secondly, why does he want to kill everyone in the prison?

Old
12-02-2012, 09:54 PM
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWoof View Post
Really? I honestly found it to be one of the best action scenes of the series. I'm sorta curious, what parts of the scene did you find comical?

I understand how the addition of Tyreese to some who haven't read the comics could be underwhelming, for lack of a better term. I am just excited for the addition of another great character that should add to the series moving forward.
Well, everyone said Michonne was going to be this great character. She hasn't done anything for me. If it wasn't for the comics, everybody watching this show would want her dead.

Problem is they don't have time to develop all these characters in 40 minutes a week. You have so many, mere minutes are dedicated to them individually.

Old
12-02-2012, 09:55 PM
Bruv
Loveless

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgruntledGoat View Post
Is there any good reason at all for Michonne to hate the Governor so much that she risks everything to sneak into his apartment to kill him? What did he do exactly? Take her in, give her some food, and subtly suggest she can't leave before letting her leave?

In the comics, she has EVERY reason to want him dead. This show is so horrible with character motivation, I can't think of any major TV show that has ever been worse. And I don't get it because its ALL LAID OUT IN THE COMIC... JUST FOLLOW THE COMIC!!

Even the Governor... First, he's not even that bad a guy in the TV show. Secondly, why does he want to kill everyone in the prison?
Then don't watch. Duh.

Closed Thread