HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Entertainment
Entertainment Discuss movies, tv shows, music, arts, literature, fashion, and upcoming events, concerts, etc.

The Walking Dead: Season 3 (Part IV) Returns Feb. 10th

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-02-2012, 09:27 PM
  #401
TheBeastCoast
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Dartmouth,NS
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,415
vCash: 893
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawksFan74 View Post
Yeah but then he just strolls Daryl out there. Don't ya think she's going to put two and two together?

Wouldn't it just be easier to try and convert Daryl?
Except he doesn't trust Daryl's brother anymore.......Talk about making sense lol

TheBeastCoast is offline  
Old
12-02-2012, 09:28 PM
  #402
Bocephus86
Registered User
 
Bocephus86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: South Bosto
Country: United States
Posts: 3,911
vCash: 690
I have a recurrent erosion on my eye from over a year ago and it hurts like a ***** every once in a while. I can only imagine how much the governers eye will hurt. Maybe thatll push him over the edge into complete *******/evil villain like Ive heard he is in the comics. Im ready to set up fights to the death when mine flares up in the morning and we aren't even in an apocolypse

Bocephus86 is offline  
Old
12-02-2012, 09:29 PM
  #403
Devilsfan92
4 8 15 16 23 42
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,720
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawksFan74 View Post
Yeah but then he just strolls Daryl out there. Don't ya think she's going to put two and two together?

Wouldn't it just be easier to try and convert Daryl?
No way he's converting Daryl. He also has someone to pin the invasion on(Merle) instead of looking weak.

Governor is going to want to storm that prison now, he's going to want to bring an army.

Rick's group gets Michonne and Tyresse & Co. Maybe Merle now too, Daryl brings him back.

Big ass showdown later in the season, walkers play a part in it somewhere.

Devilsfan92 is offline  
Old
12-02-2012, 09:30 PM
  #404
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly
 
HawksFan74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 15,227
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilsfan92 View Post
No way he's converting Daryl. He also has someone to pin the invasion on(Merle) instead of looking weak.

Governor is going to want to storm that prison now, he's going to want to bring an army.

Rick's group gets Michonne and Tyresse & Co. Maybe Merle now too, Daryl brings him back.
Merle is going to die. No way he fits in with the group.

HawksFan74 is offline  
Old
12-02-2012, 09:31 PM
  #405
CupofOil
Registered User
 
CupofOil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Rock Bottom
Country: United States
Posts: 13,592
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawksFan74 View Post
Seriously? There wasn't any major reveals. Just some action and new characters. Nobody significant died. Everything pretty much went as expected which is boring.

The 1st couple shows this season were much better. The pilot is still better than anything they did after. We didn't even get any dialog between Daryl and Merle. The only possible cliffhanger was ruined.
It was a mid-season finale, not a season finale so i'm not sure why you expected major reveals and major characters to be killed off.
Also, this episode was anything but boring, far from it.
It set up everything nicely for the second half.

It wasn't the best of the series like some have said but it was certainly exciting and tension filled. The Governor-Michonne fight scene was one of the most intense of the entire series IMO.

CupofOil is offline  
Old
12-02-2012, 09:31 PM
  #406
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly
 
HawksFan74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 15,227
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by secord92 View Post
Except he doesn't trust Daryl's brother anymore.......Talk about making sense lol
That's not the reason he did that.

HawksFan74 is offline  
Old
12-02-2012, 09:32 PM
  #407
LucilleAustero
Registered User
 
LucilleAustero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Buffalo, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,851
vCash: 500
Is another Texas Chainsaw really necessary?

LucilleAustero is offline  
Old
12-02-2012, 09:33 PM
  #408
Devilsfan92
4 8 15 16 23 42
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,720
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bocephus86 View Post
I have a recurrent erosion on my eye from over a year ago and it hurts like a ***** every once in a while. I can only imagine how much the governers eye will hurt. Maybe thatll push him over the edge into complete *******/evil villain like Ive heard he is in the comics. Im ready to set up fights to the death when mine flares up in the morning and we aren't even in an apocolypse
Definitely see the Gov going over the edge now. His daughter now gone, his aquarium of fame broken. The loss of an eye will seal the deal. I want to see another Gov/Michonne show down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawksFan74 View Post
Merle is going to die. No way he fits in with the group.
I could see Daryl bringing him back. In the preview they show Glenn yelling something about "What's he doing here", I'm guessing it's Merle.

Devilsfan92 is offline  
Old
12-02-2012, 09:33 PM
  #409
duckaroosky
So sayeth Duckthulu
 
duckaroosky's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Long Beach, Ca
Posts: 23,726
vCash: 500
No more shows until February?... that's okay I'll just turn to the NHL... oh wait... nevermind

duckaroosky is offline  
Old
12-02-2012, 09:35 PM
  #410
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly
 
HawksFan74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 15,227
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CupofOil View Post
It was a mid-season finale, not a season finale so i'm not sure why you expected major reveals and major characters to be killed off.
Also, this episode was anything but boring, far from it.
It set up everything nicely for the second half.

It wasn't the best of the series like some have said but it was certainly exciting and tension filled. The Governor-Michonne fight scene was one of the most intense of the entire series IMO.
You typically set up a decent cliffhanger or significant event for a mid-season. We saw this last year and in other series. The episode failed to do any of it, didn't help that the preview spoiled it but we pretty much knew nothing was happening to Daryl. Like I said, other episodes this season were much better.

HawksFan74 is offline  
Old
12-02-2012, 09:35 PM
  #411
Bruv
Loveless
 
Bruv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Hamsterdam
Country: Finland
Posts: 52,874
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by CupofOil View Post
It was a mid-season finale, not a season finale so i'm not sure why you expected major reveals and major characters to be killed off.
Also, this episode was anything but boring, far from it.
It set up everything nicely for the second half.

It wasn't the best of the series like some have said but it was certainly exciting and tension filled. The Governor-Michonne fight scene was one of the most intense of the entire series IMO.
Absolutely right.

Bruv is offline  
Old
12-02-2012, 09:35 PM
  #412
TheBeastCoast
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Dartmouth,NS
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,415
vCash: 893
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawksFan74 View Post
That's not the reason he did that.
Well it would certainly be easy to recruit Daryl after they kill his brother lol

TheBeastCoast is offline  
Old
12-02-2012, 09:36 PM
  #413
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly
 
HawksFan74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 15,227
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilsfan92 View Post
Definitely see the Gov going over the edge now. His daughter now gone, his aquarium of fame broken. The loss of an eye will seal the deal. I want to see another Gov/Michonne show down.



I could see Daryl bringing him back. In the preview they show Glenn yelling something about "What's he doing here", I'm guessing it's Merle.
I missed that, gee AMC, tell us everything that happens. LOL.

HawksFan74 is offline  
Old
12-02-2012, 09:36 PM
  #414
Devilsfan92
4 8 15 16 23 42
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,720
vCash: 500
Expendables for me; Axel, Carol, Andrea - Hope these are the first to die.

I'd like to see Beth be more involved, but I guess she'll end up being like a mother to the baby.
Sucks Herschel lost the leg, he's kinda useless. I like him, but kind of expendable.

I like Carl now, thought he handled that situation great. He's been good all season.

Devilsfan92 is offline  
Old
12-02-2012, 09:39 PM
  #415
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly
 
HawksFan74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 15,227
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by secord92 View Post
Well it would certainly be easy to recruit Daryl after they kill his brother lol
It has nothing to do with that. The Governor's motivation for that final scene is the same for killing the soldiers. Woodburry is the only safe place. The only possible reason we could be infiltrated is an inside job. It's about manipulation.

Now Andrea will know it was Rick's group and all three of them will escape. Probably will have smoke grenades or something.

HawksFan74 is offline  
Old
12-02-2012, 09:40 PM
  #416
CupofOil
Registered User
 
CupofOil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Rock Bottom
Country: United States
Posts: 13,592
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawksFan74 View Post
You typically set up a decent cliffhanger or significant event for a mid-season. We saw this last year and in other series. The episode failed to do any of it, didn't help that the preview spoiled it but we pretty much knew nothing was happening to Daryl. Like I said, other episodes this season were much better.
Agreed that it wasn't the best of this season but it's been such a good season that it's more a testament to how good the other episodes than how bad this one was.

I would say that them capturing Daryl and The Governor turning on Merle was a pretty big deal and a good cliffhanger going into the second half.
It sucks that the previews spoiled it but sometimes previews are deceiving and maybe the previews were done on purpose to set us up for a surprise. I hope not because if Daryl dies, i might have a hard time continuing with the show, his awesomeness is irreplaceable.
He's the Gretzky of TWD.

CupofOil is offline  
Old
12-02-2012, 09:42 PM
  #417
TheBeastCoast
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Dartmouth,NS
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,415
vCash: 893
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawksFan74 View Post
You typically set up a decent cliffhanger or significant event for a mid-season. We saw this last year and in other series. The episode failed to do any of it, didn't help that the preview spoiled it but we pretty much knew nothing was happening to Daryl. Like I said, other episodes this season were much better.
Basically set up a complete character change with the Govenor. Introduced a new major character. Left us with a decent cliff hanger(though the previews have ruined it lol) I am rewatching the show on the encore and have slightly changed my opinion....the first 40 minutes were some of the best they have done yet. It fell off a bit in the last 20 minutes, great set up for the rest of the season though.

TheBeastCoast is offline  
Old
12-02-2012, 09:42 PM
  #418
LucilleAustero
Registered User
 
LucilleAustero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Buffalo, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,851
vCash: 500
Stupid Andrea!

LucilleAustero is offline  
Old
12-02-2012, 09:43 PM
  #419
Ser Woof
Too proud to beg
 
Ser Woof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 10,538
vCash: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawksFan74 View Post
Yeah but then he just strolls Daryl out there. Don't ya think she's going to put two and two together?

Wouldn't it just be easier to try and convert Daryl?
Trotting Daryl out there is probably more of a show of power/control to the people of Woodbury and defiance of the attack from Rick's group than anything else. I don't think he really makes Andrea a consideration in that decision because she's already shown herself to be gullible enough to believe anything he tells her. Also, by calling Merle out as a spy/traitor he deflects any real culpability of the attack from himself. So, long version short, I understand your point and think it does have merit but I just don't think in that instance he really would have thought of those particular consequences with regard to Andrea.

Ser Woof is offline  
Old
12-02-2012, 09:44 PM
  #420
Tanner Glass
Call me Nils
 
Tanner Glass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: NYC
Country: Austria
Posts: 16,754
vCash: 50
"What's he doing here" makes it pretty clear that Merle and Daryl escape together
Previews also make it look like Andrea will play an even bigger role in part 2, still with the governor. That does however increase the chances of her death

__________________
Tanner Glass is offline  
Old
12-02-2012, 09:46 PM
  #421
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly
 
HawksFan74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 15,227
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LucilleAustero View Post
Stupid Andrea!
Andrea doesn't bother me at all. I don't get all the hate. Michonne on the other hand is annoying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWoof View Post
Trotting Daryl out there is probably more of a show of power/control to the people of Woodbury and defiance of the attack from Rick's group than anything else. I don't think he really makes Andrea a consideration in that decision because she's already shown herself to be gullible enough to believe anything he tells her. Also, by calling Merle out as a spy/traitor he deflects any real culpability of the attack from himself. So, long version short, I understand your point and think it does have merit but I just don't think in that instance he really would have thought of those particular consequences with regard to Andrea.
Andrea is going to bust them out. Duh!

HawksFan74 is offline  
Old
12-02-2012, 09:48 PM
  #422
Ser Woof
Too proud to beg
 
Ser Woof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 10,538
vCash: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawksFan74 View Post
I found the fight between Michonne and the Governor a bit comical in a couple instances.

The intro of those characters didn't do anything for me. I have not read the comics so all I know is there is some new people in the prison now. Nothing else was really provided.
Really? I honestly found it to be one of the best action scenes of the series. I'm sorta curious, what parts of the scene did you find comical?

I understand how the addition of Tyreese to some who haven't read the comics could be underwhelming, for lack of a better term. I am just excited for the addition of another great character that should add to the series moving forward.

Ser Woof is offline  
Old
12-02-2012, 09:52 PM
  #423
DisgruntledGoat
Registered User
 
DisgruntledGoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 2,983
vCash: 500
Is there any good reason at all for Michonne to hate the Governor so much that she risks everything to sneak into his apartment to kill him? What did he do exactly? Take her in, give her some food, and subtly suggest she can't leave before letting her leave?

In the comics, she has EVERY reason to want him dead. This show is so horrible with character motivation, I can't think of any major TV show that has ever been worse. And I don't get it because its ALL LAID OUT IN THE COMIC... JUST FOLLOW THE COMIC!!

Even the Governor... First, he's not even that bad a guy in the TV show. Secondly, why does he want to kill everyone in the prison?

DisgruntledGoat is offline  
Old
12-02-2012, 09:54 PM
  #424
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly
 
HawksFan74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 15,227
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWoof View Post
Really? I honestly found it to be one of the best action scenes of the series. I'm sorta curious, what parts of the scene did you find comical?

I understand how the addition of Tyreese to some who haven't read the comics could be underwhelming, for lack of a better term. I am just excited for the addition of another great character that should add to the series moving forward.
Well, everyone said Michonne was going to be this great character. She hasn't done anything for me. If it wasn't for the comics, everybody watching this show would want her dead.

Problem is they don't have time to develop all these characters in 40 minutes a week. You have so many, mere minutes are dedicated to them individually.

HawksFan74 is offline  
Old
12-02-2012, 09:55 PM
  #425
Bruv
Loveless
 
Bruv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Hamsterdam
Country: Finland
Posts: 52,874
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgruntledGoat View Post
Is there any good reason at all for Michonne to hate the Governor so much that she risks everything to sneak into his apartment to kill him? What did he do exactly? Take her in, give her some food, and subtly suggest she can't leave before letting her leave?

In the comics, she has EVERY reason to want him dead. This show is so horrible with character motivation, I can't think of any major TV show that has ever been worse. And I don't get it because its ALL LAID OUT IN THE COMIC... JUST FOLLOW THE COMIC!!

Even the Governor... First, he's not even that bad a guy in the TV show. Secondly, why does he want to kill everyone in the prison?
Then don't watch. Duh.

Bruv is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:55 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.