HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Official Oil Kings Thread: 2012-2013

Closed Thread

Old
11-28-2012, 10:10 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

vCash: 500
Damn, the Oil Kings had a 3-1 lead and they're botching it. 4-3 Ice in the third period.

Old
11-28-2012, 10:11 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

The 'Kings just tied it. 4-4 in Kootenay.

Old
11-28-2012, 10:20 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

OT about to start. Cole Benson played the role of unlikely hero by tying it up.

Old
11-28-2012, 10:23 PM
Groucho
Tier 1 Fan

Moroz had one waved off ?

Old
11-28-2012, 10:26 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groucho View Post
Moroz had one waved off ?
I'm back-reading on the Oil Kings Twitter feed and yeah, it looks like he did.

Old
11-28-2012, 10:26 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Going to a shootout.

Old
11-28-2012, 10:32 PM
Groucho
Tier 1 Fan

Ah I wasn't sure if this was being played on Shaw. That's the one thing I don't like about Telus Optik.

Old
11-28-2012, 10:39 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Stupid shootout loss.

Old
11-28-2012, 10:40 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Brownlee's crabby tonight.

Quote:
Robin Brownlee ‏@Robin_Brownlee
Oil Kings shootout loss to struggling Kootenay. Didn't lose these games last season. Something missing. #satisfiedafter2011-12.
He's not wrong, though.

Old
11-29-2012, 08:18 AM
I am the Liquor

vCash: 3099
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Flaming View Post
Only 1 player on the roster at the start of this season came from outside the organization (Klarc Wilson). Everyone else was drafted or listed by the team.

Musil makes that two.

The only American "wooed" up is Cody Corbett and I don't know anyone who would allege they "bought" him.

Samuelsson is here because his dad told him to - basically cut his own kid from his SEL team so he'd get more exposure in his draft year.

I'm curious as to who comes under scrutiny for you Liquor?
Nobody really, and I know they built this current team years ago and it is homegrown and all that, Im just saying that I wouldnt be surprised if Katz was involved in something shady. Bob Green and Derek Laxdall havent done anything that I am aware of that would lead me to question their integrity.

I dont think the CHL is done turning over rocks and the big city teams are always going to be suspect if for no other reason than they are capable. Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton and the like.

You would know more than me but a while ago there was some noise about the NCAA suing the CHL or something over the poaching of players and/or violating recruiting rules or something like that. I imagine that is what is driving this crackdown. Ive seen a Windsor fan claim this is nothing more than lip service by the CHL and that they arent really interested in cleaning things up, but are more interested in the appearance of doing so. That is pretty cynical, but I have no idea how accurate it is or not. Im not connected in the Junior hockey world so I have no way of knowing one way or the other.

Last edited by I am the Liquor: 11-29-2012 at 08:25 AM.
Old
11-30-2012, 10:00 PM
40oz

Oil Kings up 2-0 in the third, goals from Samuelsson and Foster. Musil and Moroz look good but are having quiet games. I'm beginning to think its hard for Moroz to find dancing partners.

Old
12-01-2012, 12:24 AM
monkeywrench

Quote:
Originally Posted by 40oz View Post
Oil Kings up 2-0 in the third, goals from Samuelsson and Foster. Musil and Moroz look good but are having quiet games. I'm beginning to think its hard for Moroz to find dancing partners.
I though Moroz had a decent game. He was skating well and creating chances. I would love for him to pick up his roughness level.
I do not think so I think he is not trying to play tough like he did last year.

Is it just me or is this team lacking the intensity ever since Ewanyk has been injured. It just seems like they are playing the skilled part of the game, but not the gritty part ever since Ewanyk went down, or am I just making that up?

Old
12-01-2012, 12:35 AM
I am the Liquor

vCash: 3099
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrench View Post
I though Moroz had a decent game. He was skating well and creating chances. I would love for him to pick up his roughness level.
I do not think so I think he is not trying to play tough like he did last year.

Is it just me or is this team lacking the intensity ever since Ewanyk has been injured. It just seems like they are playing the skilled part of the game, but not the gritty part ever since Ewanyk went down, or am I just making that up?
I think Moroz played pretty physical tonight, but agree that he is avoiding the fisticuffs, if that is what you were getting at. Baddock had a spirited scrap and did well against a guy with ten WHL fights on youtube.

The injury to Ewanyk and splitting up the Moroz Ewanyk Wilson line has left a pretty big hole in the physical part of the game for sure. I thought Benson and in particular Kulda played pretty well tonight.

Lowe wasnt in the lineup. Is he hurt or suspended? I couldnt watch the last game in Kootenay as the feed was garbage.

Old
12-01-2012, 12:46 AM
monkeywrench

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
I think Moroz played pretty physical tonight, but agree that he is avoiding the fisticuffs, if that is what you were getting at. Baddock had a spirited scrap and did well against a guy with ten WHL fights on youtube.

The injury to Ewanyk and splitting up the Moroz Ewanyk Wilson line has left a pretty big hole in the physical part of the game for sure. I thought Benson and in particular Kulda played pretty well tonight.

Lowe wasnt in the lineup. Is he hurt or suspended? I couldnt watch the last game in Kootenay as the feed was garbage.
Yeah the fighting aspect is what i was meaning sorry about not clarifying that. That Baddock fight was great the Kootney guy was looking for a fight and got more then he bargin for.
Really liked Kulda's game tonight same with Lazars he does all the little things right.
I am thiking Lowe must of got hurt last game. He did not do anything to get suspended for.

Old
12-01-2012, 03:48 AM
puckfan13

Quote:

I actually think Benson has been playing pretty good lately, he's been looking speedy out there and is a fairly slippery player. Could see him having a good year next year once St. Croix and Wruck leave and he gets a more featured role.

Lowe was hurt last game I believe, heard Laxdal mention something about it on the radio earlier today.

Old
12-01-2012, 06:11 AM
Fourier

Quote:
Nobody really, and I know they built this current team years ago and it is homegrown and all that, Im just saying that I wouldnt be surprised if Katz was involved in something shady. Bob Green and Derek Laxdall havent done anything that I am aware of that would lead me to question their integrity.

I dont think the CHL is done turning over rocks and the big city teams are always going to be suspect if for no other reason than they are capable. Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton and the like.

You would know more than me but a while ago there was some noise about the NCAA suing the CHL or something over the poaching of players and/or violating recruiting rules or something like that. I imagine that is what is driving this crackdown. Ive seen a Windsor fan claim this is nothing more than lip service by the CHL and that they arent really interested in cleaning things up, but are more interested in the appearance of doing so. That is pretty cynical, but I have no idea how accurate it is or not. Im not connected in the Junior hockey world so I have no way of knowing one way or the other.
Are you sure it was the NCAA suing the CHL. There was a student paper that accused the Rangers of violating some CHL rules by offering money to Trouba. The Rangers threatened to sue the paper and the paper backed down.

I honestly don't see what grounds the NCAA would have to sue the CHL. The kids on NCAA teams can leave school if they want.

Old
12-02-2012, 06:32 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Crap. The Oil Kings got out to another 3-0 lead but the Hurricanes have cut it to 3-2. Hopefully, they find a way to hold on.

Old
12-02-2012, 06:39 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Hurricanes tie it on a penalty shot but Lazar responds on the powerplay to give the Oil Kings the lead again. 4-3.

Old
12-02-2012, 06:39 PM
40oz

3-3 now after a penalty shot.

Pretty rough having to go on a 5-3 PK with Musil and Reinhart in the box, ouch.

Old
12-02-2012, 06:40 PM
tv14

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo View Post
Crap. The Oil Kings got out to another 3-0 lead but the Hurricanes have cut it to 3-2. Hopefully, they find a way to hold on.
Hurricanes tied it up, but Oil Kings have just taken the lead back. Sounds like a great game.

Old
12-02-2012, 08:38 PM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

How are the Oilers kids doing?

12-02-2012, 09:41 PM
monkeywrench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
How are the Oilers kids doing?
Ewanyk is still injured coming back soon.
Gernat will be back after christmas.
Moroz is skating well and hitting good just is not translating to him being on the scoreboard.
Musil is well positioned and is doing well. I think he needs to work on his skating though.

Old
12-02-2012, 09:52 PM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrench View Post
Ewanyk is still injured coming back soon.
Gernat will be back after christmas.
Moroz is skating well and hitting good just is not translating to him being on the scoreboard.
Musil is well positioned and is doing well. I think he needs to work on his skating though.
Thanks, in terms of Musil's skating what needs the most work?

Old
12-02-2012, 10:06 PM
edmontonfan59

Looks like the Oil Kings could be short 1 G, 3D and about 2-3F for WJ and U17. Who are they calling up to help fill the gaps? Lets hope Jarry can stay healthy and hot.

Old
12-02-2012, 10:18 PM
monkeywrench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
Thanks, in terms of Musil's skating what needs the most work?
Do you ever remember watching his dad play?
His foot speed needs to improvw for sure, but he is so well positioned that it does not effect him as much as it does too other players in the juniors

Closed Thread