HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Vancouver-Detroit

Old
12-02-2012, 02:18 PM
Chevrier

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kthsn View Post
I don't even understand why DET is proposing deals for Edler/Hamhuis.

Hamhuis has an NTC and signed with his hometown team. Edler is about as likely to re-sign as Howard is, he's also the #1 d-man on a team that's looking to contend.

Wouldn't DET be better off targeting the dmen of NYR/PIT/WIN? Orpik or Martin are good enough fill ins.
DET isn't proposing any trades, the OP is clearly a Vancouver fan who like many other trade forum posters have decided that the Wings are in shambles without an immediate replacement of Lidstrom, (who is irreplaceable) and is throwing any trade proposals out there. Like mnetioned above, the Canucks and Wings are not good trade partners.

Chevrier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2012, 02:24 PM
LeX4cavalier

Quote:
Originally Posted by eva unit zero View Post
Not interested in giving up Helm and Tatar to change a signed Quincey into a UFA Edler.

Now if it were Hamhuis...

Hmm...

To Det: D Hamhuis

To Van: F Abdelkader, F Pulkkinen, D Ericsson
I hope you aren't serious, that's like the Canucks offering Lapierre + Schroeder + Ballard for Kronwall.

LeX4cavalier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2012, 02:55 PM
InjuredChoker

vCash: 872
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeX4cavalier View Post
I hope you aren't serious, that's like the Canucks offering Lapierre + Schroeder + Ballard for Kronwall.
Detroit takes it and runs .

InjuredChoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2012, 03:35 PM
Luck 6
\\_______

Quote:
LOL.

Did you just ACTUALLY suggest Edler/Hamhuis for Datsyuk/Zetterberg?

Here's my rebuttal.

Kyle Quincey for Daniel Sedin.
The ONLY thing we would trade Edler for is an upgrade on defense (right side) or a legit 1st line forward. For Detroit, that means Zetterberg or Datsyuk has to be involved in some capacity. I don't see why that's worth laughing about, it doesn't make sense for us to trade our #1 defenseman for spare parts.

Luck 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2012, 05:28 PM
Bourne Endeavor
HFBoards: Night's Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luck 6 View Post
The ONLY thing we would trade Edler for is an upgrade on defense (right side) or a legit 1st line forward. For Detroit, that means Zetterberg or Datsyuk has to be involved in some capacity. I don't see why that's worth laughing about, it doesn't make sense for us to trade our #1 defenseman for spare parts.
I actually wouldn't be adverse to Edler for Franzen+ if the plus were big enough. Detroit has some nice prospects to work with. Otherwise, agree.

Bourne Endeavor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2012, 05:33 PM
StringerBell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor View Post
I actually wouldn't be adverse to Edler for Franzen+ if the plus were big enough. Detroit has some nice prospects to work with. Otherwise, agree.
I proposed Edler for Franzen + Smith a while back just to see what kind of reaction it got. The consensus from Detroit fans seemed to be yes if there's an extension, no for the UFA.

StringerBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2012, 06:10 PM
Wolverine Wings
#thankyoubasedgod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luck 6 View Post
Zetterberg is going to be the next Captain, and was the clear best player for Detroit over the back half of the season and in the playoffs. He IS untouchable.

Vancouver would have to add for Datsyuk, though not much due to his desire to finish his career in Russia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StringerBell View Post
I proposed Edler for Franzen + Smith a while back just to see what kind of reaction it got. The consensus from Detroit fans seemed to be yes if there's an extension, no for the UFA.
In terms of talent, the value is pretty close. Franzen is a good player, I don't really care about his "inconsistencies" b/c outside of a dry spell last year he has been pretty solid. However, he is signed until 2020 and depending on the CBA, his contract could work against him. Smith is an elite prospect and will develop into a real nice player.

But, seeing is the Edler is a UFA and Vancouver doesn't exactly have a lot of money, Detroit probably would figure it is better to just take a run at him in FA.

Wolverine Wings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2012, 06:20 PM
pdd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor View Post
Quote:
Which Detroit fan did you talk to? Maybe Edler+Kassian could get a Franzen+Smith dicussion started. But Franzen+Smith for Edler alone? Never.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2MGoBlue2 View Post
Zetterberg is going to be the next Captain, and was the clear best player for Detroit over the back half of the season and in the playoffs. He IS untouchable.

Vancouver would have to add for Datsyuk, though not much due to his desire to finish his career in Russia.
As I said before, it would have to be (at minimum) Edler+Kesler+1st to get Datsyuk.

Quote:
In terms of talent, the value is pretty close. Franzen is a good player, I don't really care about his "inconsistencies" b/c outside of a dry spell last year he has been pretty solid. However, he is signed until 2020 and depending on the CBA, his contract could work against him. Smith is an elite prospect and will develop into a real nice player.
Franzen+Smith together hold far more value than Edler, especially given Edler's contract situation.

Quote:
But, seeing is the Edler is a UFA and Vancouver doesn't exactly have a lot of money, Detroit probably would figure it is better to just take a run at him in FA.
Likely to happen. Edler should have been a Wing; it's the second time Vancouver stole a Wings pick.

pdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2012, 06:26 PM
Vankiller Whale
Propaganda Minister

vCash: 900
Ouellet and Jurco are the two prospects(apart from Smith/Nyquist) that I might be interested from a Canucks perspective as add-ons.

That said, while a deal might be able to be hammered out, it would have to wait until we find a replacement, I think.

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2012, 06:35 PM
Wolverine Wings
#thankyoubasedgod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Ouellet and Jurco are the two prospects(apart from Smith/Nyquist) that I might be interested from a Canucks perspective as add-ons.

That said, while a deal might be able to be hammered out, it would have to wait until we find a replacement, I think.
So who are you offering for XO or Jurco? Or both?

Old
12-02-2012, 06:38 PM
Vankiller Whale
Propaganda Minister

Quote:
So who are you offering for XO or Jurco? Or both?
I'm saying that if we ended up dealing Edler for Flippula + something, I wouldn't mind seeing either of those prospects as the plus.

I'd do Flippula + Jurco/Ouellet for Edler or Franzen + Smith/Nyquist for Edler, provided we can find a replacement.
(assuming all players involved are willing to extend)

Old
12-02-2012, 06:38 PM
StringerBell

Quote:

I agree with that first paragraph entirely, but not so much with the second. I don't think Gillis lets Edler walk even if he has to pay market value for him, so if Detroit wants him they probably have to acquire him in trade. I think Edler is the type of player that you make room for on your roster by shedding salary elsewhere, and I'm confident our management agrees with that.

Old
12-02-2012, 07:08 PM
supert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend Mayhem View Post
Not really sure what's with some Canuck fans lately that want to trade away a really useful player for packages that aren't going to match the impact that the player we had made for awhile. Maybe it's just some rare West-Coast Christmas cheer.
Or maybe the can see their team is getting older and their window is closing . How many more good years do the Canuck,s top players have left

supert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2012, 07:19 PM
Bourne Endeavor
HFBoards: Night's Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by supert View Post
Or maybe the can see their team is getting older and their window is closing . How many more good years do the Canuck,s top players have left
Sedins: 3-5
Kesler: 5+ (injuries may be a concern)
Hamhuis: 5+
Bieska: 5+
Burrows: 3-5
Edler: 5+
Schneider: 10+

It really is a misconception people have that we are an old team. The Sedins may decline but we have plenty of team to compete and enough talent to fall back on. If Jensen and Kassian pan out, that would revitalize the team, never mind who we acquire in the Lu trade. Gillis has also proven capable of attracting good players to replace others. Hamhuis and Garrison are prime examples.

Bourne Endeavor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2012, 07:23 PM
Wolverine Wings
#thankyoubasedgod

Quote:
I agree with that first paragraph entirely, but not so much with the second. I don't think Gillis lets Edler walk even if he has to pay market value for him, so if Detroit wants him they probably have to acquire him in trade. I think Edler is the type of player that you make room for on your roster by shedding salary elsewhere, and I'm confident our management agrees with that.
Money can always be saved, but this is assuming Edler wants to stay in Vancouver. And it also assumes that lowering the quality of Vancouver's depth is worth Edler.

Old
12-02-2012, 08:36 PM
Cogburn

Franzen+Smith for Edler I'd be fine with, and I was warming to a package around Filppula+Franzen for Edler (although I maintain a little more would be needed, even if a piece moves with Edler), but these are about the only packages, outside of something around Edler+ for Datsyuk or Zetterberg I'd consider. Obviously straight, contract or no, and we'd run off laughing with it.

Anyone thinking Edler+Kesler+first for Datsyuk is dreaming though. Gillis would probably be dragged through the city by a mob before holding a kangaroo court and hanging if he even thought about that deal. We lose six years for a player on a similar trajectory, and lose a number one Dman on most teams (including Detroit at the moment....no offence to Kronwall).

Cogburn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2012, 08:48 PM
StringerBell

Quote:
Money can always be saved, but this is assuming Edler wants to stay in Vancouver. And it also assumes that lowering the quality of Vancouver's depth is worth Edler.
I think its pretty safe to assume Edler wants to stay. There has been absolutely no reason to think otherwise. As far as depth, all it would require is trading Luongo and Ballard, and replacing them on the cheap. Losing Luongo hurts our depth, but we have Schneider pushing for more starts as it is, and Ballard could be replaced on the 3rd pairing with someone half his price and the dropoff would barely be noticeable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cogburn View Post
Franzen+Smith for Edler I'd be fine with, and I was warming to a package around Filppula+Franzen for Edler (although I maintain a little more would be needed, even if a piece moves with Edler), but these are about the only packages, outside of something around Edler+ for Datsyuk or Zetterberg I'd consider. Obviously straight, contract or no, and we'd run off laughing with it.

Anyone thinking Edler+Kesler+first for Datsyuk is dreaming though. Gillis would probably be dragged through the city by a mob before holding a kangaroo court and hanging if he even thought about that deal. We lose six years for a player on a similar trajectory, and lose a number one Dman on most teams (including Detroit at the moment....no offence to Kronwall).
Keep in mind the same guy who said Edler, Kesler, 1st for Datsyuk proposed Ericsson, Abdelkader, Pulkkinen for Hamhuis. If that doesnt set off your homer alert I dunno what will.

Old
12-02-2012, 09:18 PM
Luck 6
\\_______

Quote:

Agreed.

Old
12-02-2012, 09:22 PM
Luck 6
\\_______

Franzen is not enough to get the conversations started for Edler if you ask me. He's a 2nd line forward who is 33 soon, that's not the centerpiece I'd want coming back for our 26 year old #1 defenseman.

Id like Smith, but it's still a gamble as to what he'll become. We can't trade Edler for two lesser pieces, we hav enough depth. We need a dynamic scorer or no deal.

Old
12-02-2012, 10:43 PM
Wingsfan2965*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jroc86 View Post
Van definitely says no to this one ... change Helm to Filpula and that might be more realistic.
Not until you change the one year contract Edler has to five...

Wingsfan2965* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2012, 11:08 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
I would be surprised, as a group the fan-base is very attached to Smith. But making it more surprising is we already know the Wings told all three of Calgary, Columbus and Phoenix that Smith wasn't available. That was for guys under contract in Nash, Yandle and JayBo. That should tell you something about how likely it is to see Smith involved. The only deal I have ever seen him trotted out willingly in were packages for Weber before his extension.

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2012, 11:16 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
I'd do Flippula + Jurco/Ouellet for Edler
(assuming all players involved are willing to extend)
I would do Filppula + Jurco don't know if most Wings fans will but assuming that second part makes it okay with me. Heck we could probably even give you a Quincey to play as the fourth d-man and a left shot for not much else maybe a pick?

Puts

Bieksa - Hamhuis
Quincey - Garrison

I do think in order to get Edler, Quincey or White would have to go as stop gaps while Vancouver figures somethign out.

Like I said before just hard to see how these teams pull off a trade.

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2012, 11:31 PM
Luck 6
\\_______

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings19405 View Post
I would do Filppula + Jurco don't know if most Wings fans will but assuming that second part makes it okay with me. Heck we could probably even give you a Quincey to play as the fourth d-man and a left shot for not much else maybe a pick?

Puts

Bieksa - Hamhuis
Quincey - Garrison

I do think in order to get Edler, Quincey or White would have to go as stop gaps while Vancouver figures somethign out.

I like Filppula, and I realize his value is fairly high, but he just isn't enough for me to move Edler. Personally if I were looking to shop Edler I'd have to think there would be a better forward on the table, even if Vancouver needed to add. I also realize DET fans would be willing to add, but even still, we have great depth already we just need top quality.

Old
12-02-2012, 11:33 PM
Vankiller Whale
Propaganda Minister

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings19405 View Post

Puts

Bieksa - Hamhuis
Quincey - Garrison

Valuewise it's likely there, although I don't really like the look of that D corps. Ideally I would want to see if Edler and Garrison can create chemistry on the PP similar to Campbell in Florida. If Garrison starts scoring goals like he did last year, then I doubt we'd break them up.

It seems like there might be a deal that could be done, I just don't think now is the time. Maybe at the deadline if both teams feel the need to shake up their rosters.

Old
12-02-2012, 11:36 PM
Henrik To Daniel

Quote:
LOL.

Did you just ACTUALLY suggest Edler/Hamhuis for Datsyuk/Zetterberg?

Here's my rebuttal.

Kyle Quincey for Daniel Sedin.
Yes, Edler or Hamhuis are not that far off from them in terms of value. Especially Zetterberg.

Henrik To Daniel is offline   Reply With Quote