HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

12/13' Offseason/Trades/Proposals: Starting Jan 13, after players vote.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-28-2012, 12:42 PM
  #151
Marco Esquandolas
Registered Abuser
 
Marco Esquandolas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,625
vCash: 1170
Quote:
Originally Posted by theremedial View Post
Will he be nhl ready? Pretty iffy.
Gardiner + Kulemin + MacKinnon/Jones/Barkov/Monahan/Drouin/Lindholm/etc.
-vs-
Duchene + MacKinnon/Jones/Barkov/Monahan/Drouin/Lindholm/etc.

It's pretty close, but I like the first option better moving forward. Whether they're NHL-ready or not isn't really an issue IMO.

Marco Esquandolas is offline  
Old
11-28-2012, 01:24 PM
  #152
Antropovsky
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 6,397
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmlhockeyfan View Post
JVR+Liles for Duchene. Would you?
Without a second thought. If us leaf fans have learned anything recently, it's to not take our #1 centers and #1 goalies for granted. For years we had these voids comfortably filled with Sundin, potvin, Joseph, belfour... But have struggled mightily to fill the holes since the aforementioned have departed.

Besides what I've said, duchene is younger, and more than marginally the more proven Player. If your the leafs gm, you take this the deal without a 2nd thought.

Recently duchene ripped his swede teammates for lack of effort. This IMO was pretty ballsy considering he's on their turf, and sort of unprofessional, but it also shows his desire to win.

http://www.torontosun.com/2012/11/22...unda-teammates

Antropovsky is offline  
Old
11-28-2012, 01:25 PM
  #153
TML1967
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 182
vCash: 500
Thats a steep price, but would give us a potential line of Wilson - ?? - Biggs. That could be some fun hockey to watch.
JVR - (First rounder this year) - Kessel
Kulemin - Grabo - (Fratin/Kadri)
Wilson - Colborne - Biggs
That looks like one hell of a top 9

TML1967 is offline  
Old
11-28-2012, 01:32 PM
  #154
Grant
LL Genius
 
Grant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: London
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,756
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TML1967 View Post
Thats a steep price, but would give us a potential line of Wilson - ?? - Biggs. That could be some fun hockey to watch.
JVR - (First rounder this year) - Kessel
Kulemin - Grabo - (Fratin/Kadri)
Wilson - Colborne - Biggs
That looks like one hell of a top 9
Bolded are all the players that we would still have to hope they develop enough to fill that role. Kulemin is iffy in that spot as well if he doesn't rebound.

As much fun as it would be to watch a Wilson Biggs line, I would rather not do the trade, keep Biggs and sign/develop someone else to fill that same role.

Grant is online now  
Old
11-28-2012, 01:37 PM
  #155
leugangen
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 699
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antropovsky View Post
Without a second thought. If us leaf fans have learned anything recently, it's to not take our #1 centers and #1 goalies for granted. For years we had these voids comfortably filled with Sundin, potvin, Joseph, belfour... But have struggled mightily to fill the holes since the aforementioned have departed.

Besides what I've said, duchene is younger, and more than marginally the more proven Player. If your the leafs gm, you take this the deal without a 2nd thought.

Recently duchene ripped his swede teammates for lack of effort. This IMO was pretty ballsy considering he's on their turf, and sort of unprofessional, but it also shows his desire to win.

http://www.torontosun.com/2012/11/22...unda-teammates
We need some guys to help Dion out with leadership, and fill a major roster hole. Duchene seems like he could be that guy.

And yeah, Liles and JVR for Duchene is a no-brainer.

leugangen is offline  
Old
11-28-2012, 07:38 PM
  #156
beauchamp
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Laval, Qc
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,615
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmlhockeyfan View Post
JVR+Liles for Duchene. Would you?
If I'm a Leafs fan, where do I sign?

If I'm a Avs fan, surely you're jesting?

beauchamp is offline  
Old
11-28-2012, 08:33 PM
  #157
charliolemieux
rsTmf
 
charliolemieux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,564
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pspot View Post
I suggested this on the trade board and WSH fans were in agreement
Leo, Reimer, and Gunnar for Neurvirth and Tom Wilson

Leafs get
Potential top 6 PF with solid 3rd line downside
Potential #1 goalie with very good backup downside


Caps get
Solid top 4 dman
Potential 4th line agitator possibly fringe 3rd liner
Potential okay #1 goalie with good backup downside

Caps competing now get the more sure thing in Gunnar addressing immediate need
Leafs competing in a few years get more potential

I'm higher on Neurvirth than most but love Tom Wilson and I like Gunnar but with Phanuef, Gardiner, Liles and now Rielly i see him as expendable with so many LDs
Reimer and Gunnar for Holtby?

charliolemieux is offline  
Old
11-28-2012, 08:36 PM
  #158
JMcLeaf
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻
 
JMcLeaf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: ♫d(-_-)b♫
Country: Antarctica
Posts: 17,466
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by charliolemieux View Post
Reimer and Gunnar for Holtby?
No way the Caps do that

JMcLeaf is offline  
Old
11-28-2012, 08:42 PM
  #159
charliolemieux
rsTmf
 
charliolemieux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,564
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMcLeaf View Post
No way the Caps do that
Ya I know. The only reason the caps fans were willing to dump Neuvirth is because Holtby is going to be very steady.

I don't think Neuvirth is much better than Reimer. Not enough to warrant adding good pieces to get him.

charliolemieux is offline  
Old
11-29-2012, 01:40 AM
  #160
reza87
Registered User
 
reza87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 347
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Stallone View Post
I'd rather keep them and draft a centre next summer. There'll be lots available, and I'm liking our chances at a top five pick.
Or even just flip our pick for something higher if the balls don't get picked in our favour.

reza87 is offline  
Old
11-29-2012, 08:43 AM
  #161
ULF_55
Global Moderator
 
ULF_55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Mountain Standard Ti
Posts: 55,586
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by charliolemieux View Post
Ya I know. The only reason the caps fans were willing to dump Neuvirth is because Holtby is going to be very steady.

I don't think Neuvirth is much better than Reimer. Not enough to warrant adding good pieces to get him.
Jim Carey - 1995-96 NHL Vezina Trophy

__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bA3LN_8hjM8.

Vaive and Ludzik on collapse, and Phaneuf.
ULF_55 is offline  
Old
11-29-2012, 08:49 AM
  #162
ULF_55
Global Moderator
 
ULF_55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Mountain Standard Ti
Posts: 55,586
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TML1967 View Post
Thats a steep price, but would give us a potential line of Wilson - ?? - Biggs. That could be some fun hockey to watch.
JVR - (First rounder this year) - Kessel
Kulemin - Grabo - (Fratin/Kadri)
Wilson - Colborne - Biggs
That looks like one hell of a top 9
Three approaches:

Fantasy - top 5 lottery
Planning - development
Proactive - trading

JVR - I really like the trade. Let's hope JVR doesn't continue to be a disappointment.
Biggs - Looking good playing against boys.
Kadri - Cooking in the minors. Too bad they don't think he's good enough to be a center there.
Frattin - Showed he can play in the NHL, now can he translate his NCAA and minor league goal scoring to the bigs?
Wilson - Way too soon to know what he's going to bring.
Colborne - Every prospect has their own timeline, let's hope he can stay healthy long enough to get there.

ULF_55 is offline  
Old
11-29-2012, 12:00 PM
  #163
gabeliscious
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 4,644
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Stallone View Post
Gardiner + Kulemin + MacKinnon/Jones/Barkov/Monahan/Drouin/Lindholm/etc.
-vs-
Duchene + MacKinnon/Jones/Barkov/Monahan/Drouin/Lindholm/etc.

It's pretty close, but I like the first option better moving forward. Whether they're NHL-ready or not isn't really an issue IMO.
i think i prefer option 2. duchene + any of those listed how are centers would give up 2 very good young centers. as much as i like gardiner we have a lot of depth with defensive prospects. its inevitable that we are going to have to trade one or more at some point in time.

realistically colorado isnt moving duchene for gardiner and kulemin but even if we add even more. having duchene-grabs-bozak down the middle is not horrible and then by the time makinnion/etc/etc/ is ready it will be time to deal grabs.

gabeliscious is offline  
Old
11-29-2012, 05:21 PM
  #164
TML1967
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 182
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULF_55 View Post
Three approaches:

Fantasy - top 5 lottery
Planning - development
Proactive - trading

JVR - I really like the trade. Let's hope JVR doesn't continue to be a disappointment.
Biggs - Looking good playing against boys.
Kadri - Cooking in the minors. Too bad they don't think he's good enough to be a center there.
Frattin - Showed he can play in the NHL, now can he translate his NCAA and minor league goal scoring to the bigs?
Wilson - Way too soon to know what he's going to bring.
Colborne - Every prospect has their own timeline, let's hope he can stay healthy long enough to get there.
So Biggs is a man amongst boys but the guy drafted one year latter, oh it to soon to tell haha.
The point of my post was to say that I would hesitate to move gunar reimer and bozak for wilson and Neuverth (sp).

TML1967 is offline  
Old
12-02-2012, 09:36 PM
  #165
TheLeastOfTheBunch
Registered User
 
TheLeastOfTheBunch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 31,466
vCash: 50
Quote:
according to @darenmillard as well as pierre mcguire on team 1040, it will be kadri and bozak for luongo…”
fwiw

TheLeastOfTheBunch is offline  
Old
12-02-2012, 09:45 PM
  #166
Brody
Registered User
 
Brody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Toronto
Posts: 7,498
vCash: 560
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLeastOfTheBunch View Post
fwiw
Better not be ****ing Kadri.

edit: you should also post that its that piece of **** samjam99 who tweeted it, Daren replied "He's playing catch up", what does that even mean?

Brody is offline  
Old
12-02-2012, 09:49 PM
  #167
SonofMan
Registered User
 
SonofMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: North York
Country: Canada
Posts: 135
vCash: 500



SonofMan is offline  
Old
12-02-2012, 09:59 PM
  #168
JVReemer
Registered User
 
JVReemer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,382
vCash: 610
If the trade is Bozak and Kadri, you have to think that something is in line to acquire a center as well.. Unless BB expects Tim to center the top line all year

I'd say our only untouchables are Rielly, JVR, and Kessel.

JVReemer is online now  
Old
12-02-2012, 10:09 PM
  #169
Beleafer4
Registered User
 
Beleafer4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 3,718
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLeastOfTheBunch View Post
fwiw
That would be a good trade imo. Actually, I proposed this exact trade to nuck fans (with an additional 2nd) and they said hell no, lol. Anyway, with Kessel, Lupul, JVR, 3/4 of our top 6 spots are taken.

The last one will be contended for by frattin, kulemin, macarthur and kadri, all capable of playing top 6.

Then we also have prospects coming up in biggs, leivo, ashton, ross, komarov, abbot (maybe?), brown.

Basically, we are good in wing, and losing kadri wouldnt hurt us as much as people think. However, losing bozak would be a pain. I really dont like the softness of TC and ML, so yea, burke would have to pull off another trade to at least make the center position acceptable if this trade goes through.

edit: basically I see our wing position as
lupul-kessel
jvr-frattin/kulemin
frattin/kulemin-MacArthur/prospect
Brown-Komarov

If giving up kadri means having a luongo-reimer tandem going forward, Im down for it


Last edited by Beleafer4: 12-02-2012 at 10:15 PM.
Beleafer4 is offline  
Old
12-02-2012, 10:17 PM
  #170
Grant
LL Genius
 
Grant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: London
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,756
vCash: 50
I maintain that I think Kadri's BEST years will be with another team, his future though is still up in the air we must admit.

Bozak straight up for Luongo I do without a doubt. Add in Kadri and I'm hesitant because I still don't know how he will perform in Toronto, if ever.

That is a lot of salary coming our way, I wonder if that trade cap thing would come into play if these are the only players getting swapped. If Vancouver sends some cap relief our way it becomes more enticing.

Regardless this is one of those futures for help now kind of trades. Many, many people on here won't like the trade if it happens.

Grant is online now  
Old
12-02-2012, 10:17 PM
  #171
The Podium
Formerly chrisx101
 
The Podium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,302
vCash: 657
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLeastOfTheBunch View Post
fwiw
and if the season is lost....

The Podium is offline  
Old
12-02-2012, 10:24 PM
  #172
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die
 
Leaf Rocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Fredericton, NB
Country: India
Posts: 70,608
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLeastOfTheBunch View Post
fwiw
yea burke better have somehting epic to the loss of kadri if he is going. I'd be pissed as hell.

__________________
Leaf Rocket is offline  
Old
12-02-2012, 10:33 PM
  #173
Brody
Registered User
 
Brody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Toronto
Posts: 7,498
vCash: 560
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
yea burke better have somehting epic to the loss of kadri if he is going. I'd be pissed as hell.
Exactly, this would be ideal.

1. Make that Luongo trade
2. Draft a highly skilled potential first line center with a top 5 pick to basically replace Kadri in our prospect pool
3. Trade Grabovski for a mid first round pick, draft either Domi or Fucale
4. Sign Getzlaf and Perry (if we can)

Lets just say we get Monahan, I think he's more realistic than MacKinnon and sign Perry along with Getzlaf.

JVR - Getzlaf - Perry
Lupul - Monahan - Kessel
Kulemin - Colborne/McClement - Frattin
Komarov - Steckel - Brown

The second line would be amazing because they wouldn't have to go out and play against the other teams' top dmen, which is what Kessel has been doing his whole time here in Toronto. It also allows the rookie to play sheltered minutes under an elite center in Ryan Getzlaf, and he'll be paired up with two all stars in Kessel and Lupul. Kulemin and Frattin on one line would be great, I see them both as very similar players; workhorses. The bottom line has a feisty guy, a face-off/utility center, and a quick, speedy energy player who can fight. All three also playing time on the PK.

*Step 3 doesn't have to be done, a line of Kulemin - Grabovski - Frattin, would be good too. But I'd rather have a blue-chip prospect than make Grabovski play a defensive role.*

PK unit 1:
Steckel - Brown
Gunnarsson - Phaneuf

PK unit 2:
McClement - Komarov
Gardiner - Komisarek/Holzer

Brody is offline  
Old
12-02-2012, 10:35 PM
  #174
charliolemieux
rsTmf
 
charliolemieux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,564
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLeastOfTheBunch View Post
fwiw
Well since GM's can't discuss trades and there is a very good possibility there will be something in the new CBA that effects Luongo's contract I have no other recourse but to say....


This is Bull ****. Piles and piles of Bovine excrement.

If this is real both teams will be fined for discussing players during the lockout.

charliolemieux is offline  
Old
12-02-2012, 10:37 PM
  #175
Grant
LL Genius
 
Grant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: London
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,756
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brody View Post
Exactly, this would be ideal.

1. Make that Luongo trade
2. Draft a highly skilled potential first line center with a top 5 pick to basically replace Kadri in our prospect pool
3. Trade Grabovski for a mid first round pick, draft either Domi or Fucale
4. Sign Getzlaf and Perry (if we can)

Lets just say we get Monahan, I think he's more realistic than MacKinnon and sign Perry along with Getzlaf.

JVR - Getzlaf - Perry
Lupul - Monahan - Kessel
Kulemin - Colborne/McClement - Frattin
Komarov - Steckel - Brown

The second line would be amazing because they wouldn't have to go out and play against the other teams' top dmen, which is what Kessel has been doing his whole time here in Toronto. It also allows the rookie to play sheltered minutes under an elite center in Ryan Getzlaf, and he'll be paired up with two all stars in Kessel and Lupul. Kulemin and Frattin on one line would be great, I see them both as very similar players; workhorses. The bottom line has a feisty guy, a face-off/utility center, and a quick, speedy energy player who can fight. All three also playing time on the PK.

*Step 3 doesn't have to be done, a line of Kulemin - Grabovski - Frattin, would be good too. But I'd rather have a blue-chip prospect than make Grabovski play a defensive role.*

PK unit 1:
Steckel - Brown
Gunnarsson - Phaneuf

PK unit 2:
McClement - Komarov
Gardiner - Komisarek/Holzer
I only want to do #3 if we also do #4 (personally I'm not that high on Domi). I realize that can't really be done though since draft is before ufa....

Grant is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:45 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.