HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

12/13' Offseason/Trades/Proposals: Starting Jan 13, after players vote.

Closed Thread

Old
11-28-2012, 12:42 PM
Marco Esquandolas
Registered Abuser

vCash: 1170
Quote:
Originally Posted by theremedial View Post
Will he be nhl ready? Pretty iffy.
Gardiner + Kulemin + MacKinnon/Jones/Barkov/Monahan/Drouin/Lindholm/etc.
-vs-
Duchene + MacKinnon/Jones/Barkov/Monahan/Drouin/Lindholm/etc.

It's pretty close, but I like the first option better moving forward. Whether they're NHL-ready or not isn't really an issue IMO.

Old
11-28-2012, 01:24 PM
Antropovsky

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmlhockeyfan View Post
JVR+Liles for Duchene. Would you?
Without a second thought. If us leaf fans have learned anything recently, it's to not take our #1 centers and #1 goalies for granted. For years we had these voids comfortably filled with Sundin, potvin, Joseph, belfour... But have struggled mightily to fill the holes since the aforementioned have departed.

Besides what I've said, duchene is younger, and more than marginally the more proven Player. If your the leafs gm, you take this the deal without a 2nd thought.

Recently duchene ripped his swede teammates for lack of effort. This IMO was pretty ballsy considering he's on their turf, and sort of unprofessional, but it also shows his desire to win.

http://www.torontosun.com/2012/11/22...unda-teammates

Old
11-28-2012, 01:25 PM
TML1967

Thats a steep price, but would give us a potential line of Wilson - ?? - Biggs. That could be some fun hockey to watch.
JVR - (First rounder this year) - Kessel
Kulemin - Grabo - (Fratin/Kadri)
Wilson - Colborne - Biggs
That looks like one hell of a top 9

Old
11-28-2012, 01:32 PM
Grant
LL Genius

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TML1967 View Post
Thats a steep price, but would give us a potential line of Wilson - ?? - Biggs. That could be some fun hockey to watch.
Bolded are all the players that we would still have to hope they develop enough to fill that role. Kulemin is iffy in that spot as well if he doesn't rebound.

As much fun as it would be to watch a Wilson Biggs line, I would rather not do the trade, keep Biggs and sign/develop someone else to fill that same role.

Old
11-28-2012, 01:37 PM
leugangen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antropovsky View Post
Without a second thought. If us leaf fans have learned anything recently, it's to not take our #1 centers and #1 goalies for granted. For years we had these voids comfortably filled with Sundin, potvin, Joseph, belfour... But have struggled mightily to fill the holes since the aforementioned have departed.

Besides what I've said, duchene is younger, and more than marginally the more proven Player. If your the leafs gm, you take this the deal without a 2nd thought.

Recently duchene ripped his swede teammates for lack of effort. This IMO was pretty ballsy considering he's on their turf, and sort of unprofessional, but it also shows his desire to win.

http://www.torontosun.com/2012/11/22...unda-teammates
We need some guys to help Dion out with leadership, and fill a major roster hole. Duchene seems like he could be that guy.

And yeah, Liles and JVR for Duchene is a no-brainer.

Old
11-28-2012, 07:38 PM
beauchamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmlhockeyfan View Post
JVR+Liles for Duchene. Would you?
If I'm a Leafs fan, where do I sign?

If I'm a Avs fan, surely you're jesting?

Old
11-28-2012, 08:33 PM
charliolemieux
rsTmf

Quote:
Originally Posted by pspot View Post
I suggested this on the trade board and WSH fans were in agreement
Leo, Reimer, and Gunnar for Neurvirth and Tom Wilson

Leafs get
Potential top 6 PF with solid 3rd line downside
Potential #1 goalie with very good backup downside

Caps get
Solid top 4 dman
Potential 4th line agitator possibly fringe 3rd liner
Potential okay #1 goalie with good backup downside

Caps competing now get the more sure thing in Gunnar addressing immediate need
Leafs competing in a few years get more potential

I'm higher on Neurvirth than most but love Tom Wilson and I like Gunnar but with Phanuef, Gardiner, Liles and now Rielly i see him as expendable with so many LDs
Reimer and Gunnar for Holtby?

Old
11-28-2012, 08:36 PM
JMcLeaf
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliolemieux View Post
Reimer and Gunnar for Holtby?
No way the Caps do that

Old
11-28-2012, 08:42 PM
charliolemieux
rsTmf

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMcLeaf View Post
No way the Caps do that
Ya I know. The only reason the caps fans were willing to dump Neuvirth is because Holtby is going to be very steady.

I don't think Neuvirth is much better than Reimer. Not enough to warrant adding good pieces to get him.

Old
11-29-2012, 01:40 AM
reza87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Stallone View Post
I'd rather keep them and draft a centre next summer. There'll be lots available, and I'm liking our chances at a top five pick.
Or even just flip our pick for something higher if the balls don't get picked in our favour.

Old
11-29-2012, 08:43 AM
ULF_55
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliolemieux View Post
Ya I know. The only reason the caps fans were willing to dump Neuvirth is because Holtby is going to be very steady.

I don't think Neuvirth is much better than Reimer. Not enough to warrant adding good pieces to get him.
Jim Carey - 1995-96 NHL Vezina Trophy

Vaive and Ludzik on collapse, and Phaneuf.
Old
11-29-2012, 08:49 AM
ULF_55
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TML1967 View Post
Three approaches:

Fantasy - top 5 lottery
Planning - development
Proactive - trading

JVR - I really like the trade. Let's hope JVR doesn't continue to be a disappointment.
Biggs - Looking good playing against boys.
Kadri - Cooking in the minors. Too bad they don't think he's good enough to be a center there.
Frattin - Showed he can play in the NHL, now can he translate his NCAA and minor league goal scoring to the bigs?
Wilson - Way too soon to know what he's going to bring.
Colborne - Every prospect has their own timeline, let's hope he can stay healthy long enough to get there.

Old
11-29-2012, 12:00 PM
gabeliscious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Stallone View Post
Gardiner + Kulemin + MacKinnon/Jones/Barkov/Monahan/Drouin/Lindholm/etc.
-vs-
Duchene + MacKinnon/Jones/Barkov/Monahan/Drouin/Lindholm/etc.

It's pretty close, but I like the first option better moving forward. Whether they're NHL-ready or not isn't really an issue IMO.
i think i prefer option 2. duchene + any of those listed how are centers would give up 2 very good young centers. as much as i like gardiner we have a lot of depth with defensive prospects. its inevitable that we are going to have to trade one or more at some point in time.

realistically colorado isnt moving duchene for gardiner and kulemin but even if we add even more. having duchene-grabs-bozak down the middle is not horrible and then by the time makinnion/etc/etc/ is ready it will be time to deal grabs.

Old
11-29-2012, 05:21 PM
TML1967

Quote:
Originally Posted by ULF_55 View Post
Three approaches:

Fantasy - top 5 lottery
Planning - development
Proactive - trading

JVR - I really like the trade. Let's hope JVR doesn't continue to be a disappointment.
Biggs - Looking good playing against boys.
Kadri - Cooking in the minors. Too bad they don't think he's good enough to be a center there.
Frattin - Showed he can play in the NHL, now can he translate his NCAA and minor league goal scoring to the bigs?
Wilson - Way too soon to know what he's going to bring.
Colborne - Every prospect has their own timeline, let's hope he can stay healthy long enough to get there.
So Biggs is a man amongst boys but the guy drafted one year latter, oh it to soon to tell haha.
The point of my post was to say that I would hesitate to move gunar reimer and bozak for wilson and Neuverth (sp).

Old
12-02-2012, 09:36 PM
TheLeastOfTheBunch

Quote:
according to @darenmillard as well as pierre mcguire on team 1040, it will be kadri and bozak for luongo…”
fwiw

Old
12-02-2012, 09:45 PM
Brody

vCash: 560
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLeastOfTheBunch View Post
fwiw
Better not be ****ing Kadri.

edit: you should also post that its that piece of **** samjam99 who tweeted it, Daren replied "He's playing catch up", what does that even mean?

Old
12-02-2012, 09:49 PM
SonofMan

Old
12-02-2012, 09:59 PM
JVReemer

vCash: 610
If the trade is Bozak and Kadri, you have to think that something is in line to acquire a center as well.. Unless BB expects Tim to center the top line all year

I'd say our only untouchables are Rielly, JVR, and Kessel.

Old
12-02-2012, 10:09 PM
Beleafer4

Quote:
fwiw
That would be a good trade imo. Actually, I proposed this exact trade to nuck fans (with an additional 2nd) and they said hell no, lol. Anyway, with Kessel, Lupul, JVR, 3/4 of our top 6 spots are taken.

The last one will be contended for by frattin, kulemin, macarthur and kadri, all capable of playing top 6.

Then we also have prospects coming up in biggs, leivo, ashton, ross, komarov, abbot (maybe?), brown.

Basically, we are good in wing, and losing kadri wouldnt hurt us as much as people think. However, losing bozak would be a pain. I really dont like the softness of TC and ML, so yea, burke would have to pull off another trade to at least make the center position acceptable if this trade goes through.

edit: basically I see our wing position as
lupul-kessel
jvr-frattin/kulemin
frattin/kulemin-MacArthur/prospect
Brown-Komarov

If giving up kadri means having a luongo-reimer tandem going forward, Im down for it

Last edited by Beleafer4: 12-02-2012 at 10:15 PM.
Old
12-02-2012, 10:17 PM
Grant
LL Genius

I maintain that I think Kadri's BEST years will be with another team, his future though is still up in the air we must admit.

Bozak straight up for Luongo I do without a doubt. Add in Kadri and I'm hesitant because I still don't know how he will perform in Toronto, if ever.

That is a lot of salary coming our way, I wonder if that trade cap thing would come into play if these are the only players getting swapped. If Vancouver sends some cap relief our way it becomes more enticing.

Regardless this is one of those futures for help now kind of trades. Many, many people on here won't like the trade if it happens.

Old
12-02-2012, 10:17 PM
The Podium
Formerly chrisx101

vCash: 657
Quote:
fwiw
and if the season is lost....

Old
12-02-2012, 10:24 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
fwiw
yea burke better have somehting epic to the loss of kadri if he is going. I'd be pissed as hell.

12-02-2012, 10:33 PM
Brody

vCash: 560
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
yea burke better have somehting epic to the loss of kadri if he is going. I'd be pissed as hell.
Exactly, this would be ideal.

1. Make that Luongo trade
2. Draft a highly skilled potential first line center with a top 5 pick to basically replace Kadri in our prospect pool
3. Trade Grabovski for a mid first round pick, draft either Domi or Fucale
4. Sign Getzlaf and Perry (if we can)

Lets just say we get Monahan, I think he's more realistic than MacKinnon and sign Perry along with Getzlaf.

JVR - Getzlaf - Perry
Lupul - Monahan - Kessel
Kulemin - Colborne/McClement - Frattin
Komarov - Steckel - Brown

The second line would be amazing because they wouldn't have to go out and play against the other teams' top dmen, which is what Kessel has been doing his whole time here in Toronto. It also allows the rookie to play sheltered minutes under an elite center in Ryan Getzlaf, and he'll be paired up with two all stars in Kessel and Lupul. Kulemin and Frattin on one line would be great, I see them both as very similar players; workhorses. The bottom line has a feisty guy, a face-off/utility center, and a quick, speedy energy player who can fight. All three also playing time on the PK.

*Step 3 doesn't have to be done, a line of Kulemin - Grabovski - Frattin, would be good too. But I'd rather have a blue-chip prospect than make Grabovski play a defensive role.*

PK unit 1:
Steckel - Brown
Gunnarsson - Phaneuf

PK unit 2:
McClement - Komarov
Gardiner - Komisarek/Holzer

Old
12-02-2012, 10:35 PM
charliolemieux
rsTmf

Quote:
fwiw
Well since GM's can't discuss trades and there is a very good possibility there will be something in the new CBA that effects Luongo's contract I have no other recourse but to say....

This is Bull ****. Piles and piles of Bovine excrement.

If this is real both teams will be fined for discussing players during the lockout.

Old
12-02-2012, 10:37 PM
Grant
LL Genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brody View Post
Exactly, this would be ideal.

1. Make that Luongo trade
2. Draft a highly skilled potential first line center with a top 5 pick to basically replace Kadri in our prospect pool
3. Trade Grabovski for a mid first round pick, draft either Domi or Fucale
4. Sign Getzlaf and Perry (if we can)

Lets just say we get Monahan, I think he's more realistic than MacKinnon and sign Perry along with Getzlaf.

JVR - Getzlaf - Perry
Lupul - Monahan - Kessel
Kulemin - Colborne/McClement - Frattin
Komarov - Steckel - Brown

The second line would be amazing because they wouldn't have to go out and play against the other teams' top dmen, which is what Kessel has been doing his whole time here in Toronto. It also allows the rookie to play sheltered minutes under an elite center in Ryan Getzlaf, and he'll be paired up with two all stars in Kessel and Lupul. Kulemin and Frattin on one line would be great, I see them both as very similar players; workhorses. The bottom line has a feisty guy, a face-off/utility center, and a quick, speedy energy player who can fight. All three also playing time on the PK.

*Step 3 doesn't have to be done, a line of Kulemin - Grabovski - Frattin, would be good too. But I'd rather have a blue-chip prospect than make Grabovski play a defensive role.*

PK unit 1:
Steckel - Brown
Gunnarsson - Phaneuf

PK unit 2:
McClement - Komarov
Gardiner - Komisarek/Holzer
I only want to do #3 if we also do #4 (personally I'm not that high on Domi). I realize that can't really be done though since draft is before ufa....

Closed Thread