HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Hall for Seguin

Old
12-02-2012, 09:05 PM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilersfan11 View Post
Taylor Hall arm injury-Shoulder surgery. check
Twisting ankle-missing games.check
Having your face stomped on-missing more games.Check

Whether you would like it or not Messier2,Taylor Hall is injury prone.
Yes because 2 seasons define a players career. Never mind that he never missed a game due to injury in the OHL, that doesn't count.

12-02-2012, 09:06 PM
MessierII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
Yes because 2 seasons define a players career. Never mind that he never missed a game due to injury in the OHL, that doesn't count.
Playing around 100 games a season.

MessierII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2012, 09:08 PM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MessierII View Post
Playing around 100 games a season.
Meanwhile Landeskog missed games and people think of him as durable/etc. Injuries are a part of the game and the kid has played 2 seasons to date, he should have many more years left in his career to prove if he is or isn't durable.

Bryanbryoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2012, 09:10 PM
oilersfan11

vCash: 50
Quote:
Ya, because after two seasons injuries are just going to simply go away.

Last edited by oilersfan11: 12-02-2012 at 09:23 PM.
oilersfan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2012, 09:11 PM
oilersfan11

Quote:
Meanwhile Landeskog missed games and people think of him as durable/etc. Injuries are a part of the game and the kid has played 2 seasons to date, he should have many more years left in his career to prove if he is or isn't durable.
Gabriel Landeskog hasn't missed any games in the NHL.

Old
12-02-2012, 09:12 PM
Random Bruins Fan
Certified Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilwings View Post
No way would I do the trade. Seguin's attitude stinks and I love Hall's attitude. Too much chemistry developed between the guys; Hall, Eberle, RNH, Hemsky and J. Schultz and soon with Yakupov.
Not true. Let me guess you are basing it on him sleeping in and getting benched for one game. Seguin is dedicated to fitness and has bought into Julien's system and didn't sulk when relegated to playing a lesser role on a contending team his rookie season.
Probably the team that wins a cup and divisions has better team chemistry than one that comes in last.

Random Bruins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2012, 09:16 PM
topchowda

Substainable injury %

topchowda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2012, 09:19 PM
FanHabtic

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilerTyler View Post
It's not ridiculous at all. Definitely not idiotic.
Its ridiculous because you are assuming that HFboard fans base their opinion on a 15 game subset rather than the entire year's performance. Using that criteria HF fans would assume that Sam Gagner is Darryl Sittler 2.0 after his brief point outburst...

FanHabtic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2012, 09:19 PM
Fastasaurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBlue247 View Post
The fact of the matter is, the Oilers are a better team with Hall then they would be with Seguin. You win championships with teams led by players like hall.
As opposed to winning championships with a guy like Seguin who already has a cup and he was the catalyst for coming back in the series against Tampa? oh but right he was just along for the ride wasnt he?

Fastasaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2012, 09:22 PM
FanHabtic

Quote:
The fact of the matter is, the Oilers are a better team with Hall then they would be with Seguin. You win championships with teams led by players like hall.
How is that a fact? The Oilers have yet to win a cup with Hall and have yet to play a game with Seguin in the lineup. Meanwhile, the Bruins have won a cup with Seguin.

FanHabtic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2012, 09:24 PM
scid14

Oilers fan.

This seems like a silly thread but really isn't a bad thing to debate.

I say no right away and not because I'm biased towards Hall. I wanted Seguin at the draft and everyone knows he will be a talented player. However, Hall is exactly what we need on the oil attitude wise. He brings something more to the rink in that sense than Seguin does. For this reason he is undoubtedly the next captain. If Seguin is on this team I honestly don't think he's in talks for that.

We don't need another smooth skating forward we need hall. He is not injury prone despite what some people think. You can't take freak accidents into account there. He brings all the skill so that you could argue he is better or Seguin is better and you would have a good argument. But he just brings those extra intangibles that I just don't see as much in seguins game. Hall has already developed great friendships with ebs, rnh, and Schultz.

If were just looking at stats with no emotions or anything then it is a trade I probably do. But thats not how things work.

Sorry if the punctuation and spelling was bad in this post too. On my phone.

scid14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2012, 09:24 PM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

Quote:
Ya because after two seasons injuries are just going to simply go away.
It happens rather often, one year a guy misses a bunch of games then the next he plays all or almost all of them. Not sure why that is such a tough concept to grasp?

Quote:
Yet, everyone misses games at some point, I'm just using him as an example because people talk up his durability while he missed games in juniors.

Bryanbryoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2012, 09:30 PM
oilersfan11

Quote:
It happens rather often, one year a guy misses a bunch of games then the next he plays all or almost all of them. Not sure why that is such a tough concept to grasp?

Yet, everyone misses games at some point, I'm just using him as an example because people talk up his durability while he missed games in juniors.
yes,but in regards to Taylor Hall's playing style,it's like an inevitable disaster just waiting to happen.

This kid won't play a healthy full season until he learns he's not built like Alex Ovechkin and that he cannot play the same style.

Old
12-02-2012, 09:45 PM
OilerTyler
Fire Lowe

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanHabtic View Post
Its ridiculous because you are assuming that HFboard fans base their opinion on a 15 game subset rather than the entire year's performance. Using that criteria HF fans would assume that Sam Gagner is Darryl Sittler 2.0 after his brief point outburst...
Sam Gagner had a 15 game hot streak at the start of the season?

OilerTyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2012, 09:50 PM
MessierII

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanHabtic View Post
How is that a fact? The Oilers have yet to win a cup with Hall and have yet to play a game with Seguin in the lineup. Meanwhile, the Bruins have won a cup with Seguin.
Horrible argument Bruins were contenders years before they drafted him. Oilers bottomed out when they got all. Your grasping for straws here. Hall is captain material. He plays every shift like its game 7 overtime. In a few years people will look back on these threads and laugh.

MessierII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2012, 10:07 PM
KidLine93

Quote:
But he's had injuries in the past, hence missing the WJHC. But no one dares to talk about those injuries...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8th Rounder View Post
Not true. Let me guess you are basing it on him sleeping in and getting benched for one game. Seguin is dedicated to fitness and has bought into Julien's system and didn't sulk when relegated to playing a lesser role on a contending team his rookie season.
Probably the team that wins a cup and divisions has better team chemistry than one that comes in last.
Seguin wasn't part of the teams chemistry that year...hence being healthy scratched so often

KidLine93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2012, 10:10 PM
KidLine93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastasaurus View Post
As opposed to winning championships with a guy like Seguin who already has a cup and he was the catalyst for coming back in the series against Tampa? oh but right he was just along for the ride wasnt he?
then explain why he got scratched after that...

KidLine93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2012, 10:18 PM
Halpysback

Quote:
I could be totally wrong here...but I feel like if Edmonton wanted Seguin they would have drafted him.
Makes sense. I guess the Blues would want nothing to do with Toews, Giroux or Backstrom - they had a shot at all of them and drafted Johnson instead after all.

Halpysback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2012, 10:28 PM
Oilin Toronto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris Chreider View Post
As a Rangers/Wild fan, I'd take Seguin right now. He has the much better history and an non-skated over face. I'll take a healthy Seguin who puts up almost a PPG at 19 but has attitude problems over an injured Hall who misses half a season every year.
This is such a false statement. He's never, in his 2 years come close to averaging a pt/gm. This comment is almost as comical as saying that Hall will always be injury prone. Wrong, wrong, wrong.

I'm also beginning to question Oilerfan11's identity. I honestly think he's a closet Nucks fan. He never misses an opportunity to knock the Oilers.

Oilin Toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2012, 10:34 PM
oilersfan11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilin Toronto View Post
This is such a false statement. He's never, in his 2 years come close to averaging a pt/gm. This comment is almost as comical as saying that Hall will always be injury prone. Wrong, wrong, wrong.

I'm also beginning to question Oilerfan11's identity. I honestly think he's a closet Nucks fan. He never misses an opportunity to knock the Oilers.
So,as a Oilers' fan I'm supposed to always drink the kool aid and act deranged in believing the Oilers' management always make the right choice without any flaws whatsoever?

Sorry,but I'm not one of those kiss ass types.

Old
12-02-2012, 10:36 PM
Oilin Toronto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halpysback View Post
Makes sense. I guess the Blues would want nothing to do with Toews, Giroux or Backstrom - they had a shot at all of them and drafted Johnson instead after all.
I don't think Seguin has proven, like Toews, Backstrom, or Giroux that he's supplanted Hall. Please see his 1st year stats, and if you think he had such a fantastic year last year, he still had a lower pt/gm average than Hall, not to mention a sub par playoffs for someone who had every opportunity to showcase his meteoric talents. Aside from one solid game, he was a complete disappointment.

Until he shows significant improvement, there's no way he's supplanted Hall as the best player drafted in 2010. If I'm Edmonton, I pick Hall 1st overall 10 times out of 10.

Old
12-02-2012, 10:38 PM
Oilin Toronto

Quote:
So,as a Oilers' fan I'm supposed to always drink the kool aid and act deranged in believing the Oilers' management always make the right choice without any flaws whatsoever?

Sorry,but I'm not one of those kiss ass types.
No...who's ass do you think you have to be kissing. I'm just saying that for an Oiler fan, you sure have nothing positive to say about the Oilers. Get a grip buddy.

Old
12-02-2012, 10:51 PM
oilersfan11

Quote:
No...who's ass do you think you have to be kissing. I'm just saying that for an Oiler fan, you sure have nothing positive to say about the Oilers. Get a grip buddy.
It's funny how people ignore my positive posts and only focus on the negative posts.

Old
12-02-2012, 10:56 PM
Halpysback

Quote:
I don't think Seguin has proven, like Toews, Backstrom, or Giroux that he's supplanted Hall. Please see his 1st year stats, and if you think he had such a fantastic year last year, he still had a lower pt/gm average than Hall, not to mention a sub par playoffs for someone who had every opportunity to showcase his meteoric talents. Aside from one solid game, he was a complete disappointment.

Until he shows significant improvement, there's no way he's supplanted Hall as the best player drafted in 2010. If I'm Edmonton, I pick Hall 1st overall 10 times out of 10.
The "if they wanted him they could have drafted him" argument is stupid.

Edmonton drafting Yakupov, having Eberle emerge as a star player and having a ton of winger prospects isn't something that was the case in 2010. Having 2 star wingers and 2 star centers may be preferable to 3 star wingers and 1 star center, especially if the difference between the star winger and star center is small.

Seguin was snakebit in the playoffs but played great, I don't know what you are talking about. You could argue for him being the 2nd best forward after Peverley. And obviously he's gonna have a lower point per game average than Hall, Hall plays on the kid line with no defensive responsibilities and no pressure while Seguin plays on a highly defensive team gunning for the cup and has a coach that's on him about everything. They have different strengths and all but overall they're extremely close and Seguin plays the more important position.

Halpysback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2012, 11:22 PM
Redden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halpysback View Post
The "if they wanted him they could have drafted him" argument is stupid.

Edmonton drafting Yakupov, having Eberle emerge as a star player and having a ton of winger prospects isn't something that was the case in 2010. Having 2 star wingers and 2 star centers may be preferable to 3 star wingers and 1 star center, especially if the difference between the star winger and star center is small.

Seguin was snakebit in the playoffs but played great, I don't know what you are talking about. You could argue for him being the 2nd best forward after Peverley. And obviously he's gonna have a lower point per game average than Hall, Hall plays on the kid line with no defensive responsibilities and no pressure while Seguin plays on a highly defensive team gunning for the cup and has a coach that's on him about everything. They have different strengths and all but overall they're extremely close and Seguin plays the more important position.
I think Seguin is a great player and its hard to debate whos better between him ad Hall, but you cant make the argument he is a star center. He has played very little there and there is a huge difference between center in junior and center in the nhl. It is perfectly okay to say he's a great RW but cant say for sure hes a great center yet

Redden is offline   Reply With Quote