HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Chicago Wolves Discussion - Part VI

Closed Thread

Old
12-02-2012, 09:01 PM
The Bob Cole
Ohhhh Baby.

vCash: 500
Honestly, I still don't get the absurdity of some of these complaints. It doesn't all rest on the coach, at some point you have to hold players accountable. Maybe Kassian and Schroeder have been leading goal scoring for the team, but are they producing to their full potential? Are they playing the role they are supposed to be playing? Are they challenging themselves to become better, or are they simply happy being the leading scorers on a team playing mediocre right now? I think that is the challenge and gauntlet set down by Arniel. Many of you have complained, 'why not bench Ebbett, or Haydar?' For what? These are career AHLers or journeyman NHLers in Ebbett's case. What point are you going to prove to these guys that are pretty much considered 'AHL lifers' down there? The players we care about developing, and the guys we want to learn the hard lessons the right way, are Kassian and Schroeder. You aren't going to influence a Haydar by making him a healthy scratch, he knows his place in the hockey world. A Schroeder or Kassian are out there still trying to prove themselves, still trying to improve their skills and knowledge, because one day they want to play in the NHL. And you know what? In the NHL, they're going to have to excel to be contributors game in and game out. Maybe a coach challenging them to be better early in their career is the right thing.

Either way, nothing better than seeing a W on the board after the game following all the complaints about the coach not knowing what the heck he is doing.

Old
12-02-2012, 09:21 PM
DJOpus

I'm inclined to agree, benching prospects isn't a terrible thing and the coach shouldn't need to explain why to us. Reading Kassian's comments it seems the reasons for his scratch are pretty clear to him and he's taking the point to heart and accepting responsibility. That's what matters.

Old
12-02-2012, 10:41 PM
Wisp

Again, I don't agree with the decision but I don't think the result of it is going to be to Zach or Jordan's detriment.

Mostly the frustration for me is I don't watch the AHL for any other reason than to see those two play.

Old
12-02-2012, 11:09 PM
PG Canuck

vCash: 2178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisp View Post
Again, I don't agree with the decision but I don't think the result of it is going to be to Zach or Jordan's detriment.

Mostly the frustration for me is I don't watch the AHL for any other reason than to see those two play.
The AHL isn't for showcasing players, it's for developing them for the next level. If Kassian and Schroeder are a healthy scratch for one game, I guess you'll miss that game. Arniel is just trying to send a message, I'm fine with his decision here. His other decisions however...

Old
12-02-2012, 11:22 PM
Pseudonymous

Its crazy none of us fans who are usually real hard on players could see any reason to bench these players though, i mean is it really about consistency? kassian is getting chances every game, lots! so has schroeder.. would like to see more as we have high expectations but benching? VERY strange

while i dont disagree with benching them when they aren't playing great but i mean, they were not playing poorly. whatsoever

i TOTALLY thought it was to get the other players to group together and in their attempt to pick up the slack from the best players not playing, end up picking up their games.

if arniel came out and said he understands they were playing well and expected greatness , i could understand (thought i've never seen that) .. if he thought that was poor play, wow.

Old
12-02-2012, 11:32 PM
PG Canuck

There's more to the game of hockey then just offense.

Old
12-02-2012, 11:39 PM
Reverend Mayhem
CRJ + RNH = Sex

Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
Quote:
Originally Posted by PG Canuck View Post

Old
12-02-2012, 11:41 PM
overtherainbow

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stovepipe Cup View Post
Honestly, I still don't get the absurdity of some of these complaints. It doesn't all rest on the coach, at some point you have to hold players accountable. Maybe Kassian and Schroeder have been leading goal scoring for the team, but are they producing to their full potential? Are they playing the role they are supposed to be playing? Are they challenging themselves to become better, or are they simply happy being the leading scorers on a team playing mediocre right now? I think that is the challenge and gauntlet set down by Arniel. Many of you have complained, 'why not bench Ebbett, or Haydar?' For what? These are career AHLers or journeyman NHLers in Ebbett's case. What point are you going to prove to these guys that are pretty much considered 'AHL lifers' down there? The players we care about developing, and the guys we want to learn the hard lessons the right way, are Kassian and Schroeder. You aren't going to influence a Haydar by making him a healthy scratch, he knows his place in the hockey world. A Schroeder or Kassian are out there still trying to prove themselves, still trying to improve their skills and knowledge, because one day they want to play in the NHL. And you know what? In the NHL, they're going to have to excel to be contributors game in and game out. Maybe a coach challenging them to be better early in their career is the right thing.

Either way, nothing better than seeing a W on the board after the game following all the complaints about the coach not knowing what the heck he is doing.
I feel like you're misunderstanding what some posters are saying here.

Nobody is not holding Kassian, Schroeder, or even our other less known prospects accountable and putting all the blame on Arniel. I suggest you re-read what Tiranis, Orcatown, and Tedgrubber have said regarding Arniel before overreacting like this.

Old
12-02-2012, 11:48 PM
Pseudonymous

Quote:
Ive watched the games, i didn't notice much in the way of other flaws. Surely not flaws big enough to warrant a benching.

Care to share them with me, im sure alot of posters here are curious. We all watch the games. Most of us watch basically every game. For MANY years, so i think a large percent might be able to pinpoint the obvious reason if somebody was benched no? unless it was an attitude with the coach or other behind the scenes issues

Old
12-02-2012, 11:52 PM
PG Canuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudonymous01 View Post
Ive watched the games, i didn't notice much in the way of other flaws. Surely not flaws big enough to warrant a benching.

Care to share them with me, im sure alot of posters here are curious. We all watch the games. Most of us watch basically every game. For MANY years, so i think a large percent might be able to pinpoint the obvious reason if somebody was benched no? unless it was an attitude with the coach or other behind the scenes issues
Doesn't matter if their flaws are big or small, they should be held accountable. Even though some flaws may be small, they add up in the end and you want those bad habits to disappear, not reoccur game after game. If they're not consistently producing, they should be held accountable. You want Kassian to be in the Canucks top six someday? Well he going to have to learn he has to be more consistent. Getting a few chances or some shots isn't being consistent.

Benching Kassian and Schroeder is going to do nothing but piss them off, and that's exactly why coaches bench players. The AHL is where players like Kassian and Schroeder develop their game, not by constantly playing the same way with bad habits and flaws that will spill over into the NHL game that could ultimately see them healthy scratched for more then a game.

Old
12-03-2012, 12:54 AM
Pseudonymous

Quote:
Doesn't matter if their flaws are big or small, they should be held accountable. Even though some flaws may be small, they add up in the end and you want those bad habits to disappear, not reoccur game after game. If they're not consistently producing, they should be held accountable. You want Kassian to be in the Canucks top six someday? Well he going to have to learn he has to be more consistent. Getting a few chances or some shots isn't being consistent.

Benching Kassian and Schroeder is going to do nothing but piss them off, and that's exactly why coaches bench players. The AHL is where players like Kassian and Schroeder develop their game, not by constantly playing the same way with bad habits and flaws that will spill over into the NHL game that could ultimately see them healthy scratched for more then a game.
Then how come you dont hear about coaches benching players for small mistakes? I sure haven't. Seems like there is other ways to get through to players. Is the coach basically saying that they tried many ways and couldn't get through to them? Just seems odd. I understand where youre coming from but it does come across as a strange thing. You say not consistently scoring , well i dont know what you expect from kassian, it can be argued, but jordan schroeder since starting off slow has been doing quite well. and putting up numbers.

Just want to be clear, im not actually arguing the whole benching them, im sort of playing devils advocate. Basically just to show that it can be questioned and does seem strange

Old
12-03-2012, 02:50 AM
orcatown

Quote:
Originally Posted by overtherainbow View Post
I feel like you're misunderstanding what some posters are saying here.

Nobody is not holding Kassian, Schroeder, or even our other less known prospects accountable and putting all the blame on Arniel. I suggest you re-read what Tiranis, Orcatown, and Tedgrubber have said regarding Arniel before overreacting like this.
Don't think I have ever said anything one way or the other about Arniel. Melanson, on the other hand....

Old
12-03-2012, 08:50 AM
Tiranis

Delete.

Old
12-03-2012, 09:26 AM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
To an organization that lacks offense in the playoffs it's an area of concern where we need to develop players.

12-04-2012, 12:07 AM
PG Canuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
To an organization that lacks offense in the playoffs it's an area of concern where we need to develop players.
Doesn't mean we let them develop into a one way player like Alexander Semin...You can play decent defense and produce offensively too. We lack scoring, sure, but that's no excuse to go and develop one way players.

Old
12-04-2012, 12:08 AM
PG Canuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudonymous01 View Post
Then how come you dont hear about coaches benching players for small mistakes? I sure haven't. Seems like there is other ways to get through to players. Is the coach basically saying that they tried many ways and couldn't get through to them? Just seems odd. I understand where youre coming from but it does come across as a strange thing. You say not consistently scoring , well i dont know what you expect from kassian, it can be argued, but jordan schroeder since starting off slow has been doing quite well. and putting up numbers.

Just want to be clear, im not actually arguing the whole benching them, im sort of playing devils advocate. Basically just to show that it can be questioned and does seem strange
It can seem strange but I think Arniel just expects more so he benched them. Basically all there is to it for me personally.

Old
12-04-2012, 12:12 AM
Askel

Quote:
Doesn't mean we let them develop into a one way player like Alexander Semin...You can play decent defense and produce offensively too. We lack scoring, sure, but that's no excuse to go and develop one way players.
I agree with your post exept the part about Semin he is good defensevly, he just takes games off. Ovechkin there is a one way player.

Man Semin is getting a lot of crapon these boards, he might be lazy and unmotivated, but he has got a lot of talent.

Old
12-04-2012, 12:50 AM
PG Canuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Askel View Post
I agree with your post exept the part about Semin he is good defensevly, he just takes games off. Ovechkin there is a one way player.

Man Semin is getting a lot of crapon these boards, he might be lazy and unmotivated, but he has got a lot of talent.
Honestly I just picked the first Russian that everyone hates on for being a one way player that came to mind. You got my point though.

Old
12-06-2012, 04:07 PM
LPH
[hello] :)

Quote:
It can seem strange but I think Arniel just expects more so he benched them. Basically all there is to it for me personally.
It's just interesting because I was expecting players like Haydar and Ebbett to be leading this team, but they have been very underwhelming thus far.

Old
12-07-2012, 10:37 AM
Nuck This

The only thing that bothers me is the benching of Schroeder. IMO he's been the Wolves most consistent and best player. I can understand Kassian but not Schroeder. Arniel just thinks he's a sweet coach.

Old
12-07-2012, 06:58 PM
Samzilla

Anywhere I can listen to the game online that doesn't use flash? Ahl Live uses flash which my phone doesn't support so I can't listen there. Or any local radio stations picking it up?

Old
12-07-2012, 07:24 PM
Luck 6
\\_______

Stream?

Old
12-07-2012, 07:25 PM
Orca Smash

I cant find one either...

Old
12-07-2012, 07:27 PM
Orca Smash

Nevermind looks like theirs one on firstrow. Although its airing basketball right now.

Old
12-07-2012, 07:39 PM
Orca Smash

Why is pinizzotto not playing?

Closed Thread