HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Thread About Nothing Part 183: Havent You Ever Seen

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-02-2012, 11:14 PM
  #1001
Silence Of The Plams
Zemgod
 
Silence Of The Plams's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lancaster, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 18,348
vCash: 476
SPEAKING of sushi... the last time I ate it I was not doing well in the bathroom. I'm scared to eat it again.

Silence Of The Plams is offline  
Old
12-02-2012, 11:20 PM
  #1002
Jersey Man
Mad Dog
 
Jersey Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: New York, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 14,380
vCash: 500
Don't stand so close to me.

Jersey Man is offline  
Old
12-02-2012, 11:22 PM
  #1003
HeliDevil
Legend
 
HeliDevil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Country: United States
Posts: 6,380
vCash: 500
Eww Sting.

HeliDevil is offline  
Old
12-02-2012, 11:32 PM
  #1004
Bleedred
Fire Dumbeor!
 
Bleedred's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Seminole Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 35,038
vCash: 500
The Police are good(Mostly pre 1980) Sting's solo stuff is really bad, as is most of Synchronicity, and those later Police albums.

Bleedred is online now  
Old
12-02-2012, 11:40 PM
  #1005
HeliDevil
Legend
 
HeliDevil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Country: United States
Posts: 6,380
vCash: 500
Roxxxxanne!

HeliDevil is offline  
Old
12-02-2012, 11:49 PM
  #1006
Silence Of The Plams
Zemgod
 
Silence Of The Plams's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lancaster, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 18,348
vCash: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
The Police are good(Mostly pre 1980) Sting's solo stuff is really bad, as is most of Synchronicity, and those later Police albums.
I like The Police. I like old bands, I hate new stuff.

Silence Of The Plams is offline  
Old
12-02-2012, 11:57 PM
  #1007
BenedictGomez
#FireDeboer
 
BenedictGomez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: PRNJ
Country: United States
Posts: 26,872
vCash: 500
I saw The Police 5 or 6 years ago in Atlanta on that reunion tour. The music was good, but I was shocked at how poor their stage presence was.

Basically, they showed up, played music, and left. None of the 3 of them had virtually any interaction with the crowd whatsoever.

BenedictGomez is offline  
Old
12-03-2012, 12:05 AM
  #1008
Nick0930
Registered User
 
Nick0930's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,246
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliDevil View Post
Roxxxxanne!
No..

Nick0930 is offline  
Old
12-03-2012, 12:06 AM
  #1009
Bleedred
Fire Dumbeor!
 
Bleedred's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Seminole Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 35,038
vCash: 500
Man I feel that way about reunions a lot when bands got back together like that just to tour. Not always the greatest shows.

Bleedred is online now  
Old
12-03-2012, 12:23 AM
  #1010
Wingman77
Glory Days
 
Wingman77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 17,753
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
I saw The Police 5 or 6 years ago in Atlanta on that reunion tour. The music was good, but I was shocked at how poor their stage presence was.

Basically, they showed up, played music, and left. None of the 3 of them had virtually any interaction with the crowd whatsoever.
His music aside, a big reason why I appreciate Bruce is because of his stage presence

Especially in todays society where you have people of his status separating themselves from their fans and audience, Bruce hasn't - the number of fans he brings up on stage throughout shows (ranging from ages 8-81 this tour alone and even getting a kid in the front row who couldn't see over the stage a box to stand on) and having some sing a lyric or two, crowd surfing, chugging beers given to him by fans, taking sign requests......its a genuine trait that is not found very much anymore in artists performing in concert

I have plenty of friends who have never seen him question why I see so many of his shows......why do I? Because I never know what I'm going to get at my next show from the setlist to what antics and jokes and **** he's going to pull - perfect example is when he played 3 shows at Metlife a few months ago, I went to all 3 and a total of 62 different songs played out of the 95 or so total he played all 3 nights

Wingman77 is offline  
Old
12-03-2012, 12:37 AM
  #1011
BenedictGomez
#FireDeboer
 
BenedictGomez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: PRNJ
Country: United States
Posts: 26,872
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingman77 View Post
I have plenty of friends who have never seen him question why I see so many of his shows......why do I? Because I never know what I'm going to get at my next show from the setlist to what antics and jokes and **** he's going to pull - perfect example is when he played 3 shows at Metlife a few months ago, I went to all 3 and a total of 62 different songs played out of the 95 or so total he played all 3 nights
He puts on a great concert when he's playing music, I'll give you that. I've seen him 3 times live, but there will never be a 4th. Why? Because the last time I saw him I felt like I was only 50% attending a concert and 50% attending a political rally for XYZ agenda.

WAY too much preachy politics, some people actually started to boo at one point after cause #4 or rant #5, etc... I paid $65 because I enjoy your music and want to hear your talent performed live, not because I want to hear your personal opinions on any of a dozen geopolitical causes around the globe.

BenedictGomez is offline  
Old
12-03-2012, 12:37 AM
  #1012
Silence Of The Plams
Zemgod
 
Silence Of The Plams's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lancaster, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 18,348
vCash: 476
The age if classic music is gone ):

Silence Of The Plams is offline  
Old
12-03-2012, 12:39 AM
  #1013
BenedictGomez
#FireDeboer
 
BenedictGomez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: PRNJ
Country: United States
Posts: 26,872
vCash: 500
But the age of 1000+ post threads is upon us!

BenedictGomez is offline  
Old
12-03-2012, 12:40 AM
  #1014
Silence Of The Plams
Zemgod
 
Silence Of The Plams's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lancaster, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 18,348
vCash: 476
I'm on le phone so I don't see that

Silence Of The Plams is offline  
Old
12-03-2012, 12:48 AM
  #1015
Wingman77
Glory Days
 
Wingman77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 17,753
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
He puts on a great concert when he's playing music, I'll give you that. I've seen him 3 times live, but there will never be a 4th. Why? Because the last time I saw him I felt like I was only 50% attending a concert and 50% attending a political rally for XYZ agenda.

WAY too much preachy politics, some people actually started to boo at one point after cause #4 or rant #5, etc... I paid $65 because I enjoy your music and want to hear your talent performed live, not because I want to hear your personal opinions on any of a dozen geopolitical causes around the globe.
I don't care for that stuff either and he was pretty good with keeping that political stuff low key this tour especially during a campaign year

He does contradict himself with some of his views on politics and what he sings about in some of his songs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatCrazyRangerFan View Post
The age if classic music is gone ):
Never again will we see guys like the Stones, The Who, AC/DC, and the list goes on, play for 30, 40 and in the Stones case, 50 years

Don't get me wrong, I'm open to any music and like a good amount of what is out there today, but the music industry has changed drastically and is never going to be what it was

Wingman77 is offline  
Old
12-03-2012, 12:54 AM
  #1016
Silence Of The Plams
Zemgod
 
Silence Of The Plams's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lancaster, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 18,348
vCash: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingman77 View Post
I don't care for that stuff either and he was pretty good with keeping that political stuff low key this tour especially during a campaign year

He does contradict himself with some of his views on politics and what he sings about in some of his songs



Never again will we see guys like the Stones, The Who, AC/DC, and the list goes on, play for 30, 40 and in the Stones case, 50 years

Don't get me wrong, I'm open to any music and like a good amount of what is out there today, but the music industry has changed drastically and is never going to be what it was
Sadly. I saw Dio before he passed It was amazing.

Silence Of The Plams is offline  
Old
12-03-2012, 01:01 AM
  #1017
DKQ
Generic User Title
 
DKQ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Press Box
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,129
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliDevil View Post
Roxxxxanne!
Roxaine lends itself to one hell of a drinking game

DKQ is offline  
Old
12-03-2012, 01:02 AM
  #1018
BenedictGomez
#FireDeboer
 
BenedictGomez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: PRNJ
Country: United States
Posts: 26,872
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingman77 View Post

Never again will we see guys like the Stones, The Who, AC/DC, and the list goes on, play for 30, 40 and in the Stones case, 50 years


Don't get me wrong, I'm open to any music and like a good amount of what is out there today, but the music industry has changed drastically and is never going to be what it was
I've seen McCartney live 3 times too, and the amazing thing is he puts on near three hour concerts for his fans at 70'ish years old.

I'd say the 3 times I've heard him screaming the lyrics to Helter Skelter are all on my personal top-20 coolest live concert moments list, lol.

BenedictGomez is offline  
Old
12-03-2012, 01:15 AM
  #1019
HeliDevil
Legend
 
HeliDevil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Country: United States
Posts: 6,380
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick0930 View Post
No..
Oh, yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DropkickQuinn View Post
Roxaine lends itself to one hell of a drinking game
It is a fun time, difficult too depending on what you're drinking.

HeliDevil is offline  
Old
12-03-2012, 01:15 AM
  #1020
Bleedred
Fire Dumbeor!
 
Bleedred's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Seminole Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 35,038
vCash: 500
I can't stand the Beatles at all, but god Helter Skelter is one of the best songs I've ever heard! Why didn't do do more songs like this!?

Bleedred is online now  
Old
12-03-2012, 01:16 AM
  #1021
HeliDevil
Legend
 
HeliDevil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Country: United States
Posts: 6,380
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
I can't stand the Beatles at all, but god Helter Skelter is one of the best songs I've ever heard! Why didn't do do more songs like this!?
Within You Without You is where it's at.

HeliDevil is offline  
Old
12-03-2012, 01:18 AM
  #1022
Silence Of The Plams
Zemgod
 
Silence Of The Plams's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lancaster, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 18,348
vCash: 476
Any pink Floyd enthusiasts here?

Silence Of The Plams is offline  
Old
12-03-2012, 01:21 AM
  #1023
DKQ
Generic User Title
 
DKQ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Press Box
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,129
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatCrazyRangerFan View Post
Any pink Floyd enthusiasts here?
Wearing my Dark Side of the Moon flannels right now. They scare away girls to keep me safe from cooties

DKQ is offline  
Old
12-03-2012, 01:22 AM
  #1024
DKQ
Generic User Title
 
DKQ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Press Box
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,129
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliDevil View Post
It is a fun time, difficult too depending on what you're drinking.
Not sure if they have anything like this in the states, but me and my friends play with Molson Cold Shots. They're 200 mL cans of 6.0% beer. The rule is it can't take you more than two Roxannes to finish a can. All it takes is one game and you're done for the night


Last edited by DKQ: 12-03-2012 at 03:51 AM.
DKQ is offline  
Old
12-03-2012, 01:23 AM
  #1025
Bleedred
Fire Dumbeor!
 
Bleedred's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Seminole Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 35,038
vCash: 500
I don't like Pink Floyd. I'm more of a Black Sabbath, Deep Purple guy as far as that time period guys. I don't like Sabbath post Ozzy, and I can't stand any of Ozzy's solo stuff post Sabbath.

Bleedred is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:12 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.