Soccer Discuss leagues around the world and the World Cup

Scottish Football 2012/2013

Old
11-23-2012, 09:41 AM
ScottishCanuck

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by the fife flyer View Post
You are so blind you cannot see. HMRC documents leaked to celtc bloggers, set up to discredit and destroy Rangers. The stripping of titles driven by one club for one clubs benefit. Regan headhunted by Dr Death, the then Celtc chairmans son. The use of Celtcs lawyers Harper McLeod to handle the inquiry (massive clash of interest). The constant allowing of Celtc fans to call in on radio phone-ins to slander and libel Rangers with no reply from Rangers fans. Phil McGobblegiver gets Alex Thomson from Chanel 4 news to be his patsy, and what a fool they`ve made of themselves haha. The facts are there if you would only open your eyes. All driven by the celtc cabal.
Their turn is coming. Tick-tock.

Paranoid much?

ScottishCanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2012, 10:06 AM
the fife flyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottishCanuck View Post

Paranoid much?
You`ve been owned.

I wish no further debate with you.

the fife flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2012, 11:12 AM
ScottishCanuck

Quote:
You`ve been owned.

I wish no further debate with you.

In what way was I owned? How old are you?

This conspiracy theory of yours is a load of nonsense. Much like many of the theories that come from within my own support. In those cases I also have trouble understanding how on earth people actually believe this stuff.

But feel free to believe that it's all Celtic's fault. Label Peter Lawwell the antichrist. I don't care. You're entitled to an opinion, however ridiculous it may be.

On topic, I'm really liking the sound of Celtic talking with Juan Agudelo. Admittedly I've not seen much of him but he seems to be quite highly rated. Any of our American/Canadian posters know much about him?

Old
11-30-2012, 07:18 PM
jimmythescot

Anyway.....

I was depressed because I can't make the Highland Derby tomorrow. I'd completely forgotten that it's going to be on BBC 1.

Never thought I'd see the day when County are live on BBC 1 in non-Old Firm/cup final match. I remember when we were struggling to get out of Division 3 because Forfar were just too talented.

jimmythescot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 07:31 PM
vsk92
Alltid IFK

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmythescot View Post
Anyway.....

I was depressed because I can't make the Highland Derby tomorrow. I'd completely forgotten that it's going to be on BBC 1.

Never thought I'd see the day when County are live on BBC 1 in non-Old Firm/cup final match. I remember when we were struggling to get out of Division 3 because Forfar were just too talented.
I didn't even know I'l probably watch the game now

vsk92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 07:40 PM
jimmythescot

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsk92 View Post
I didn't even know I'l probably watch the game now
12:00!

Well, not kick off. But I'm sure there's going to be a lot of twee highland charm stuff to start the show.

Old
12-01-2012, 09:24 AM
jimmythescot

I'm not sure where to start. Amazing match, but a real sickener. 3-3 with two amazing goals, 2 flukes (their one was obviously offside as well as a more general fluke), a great free kick and a stramash.

Then there was the crunching tackles, though only one card I think. Goal line clearances (one at each end in about 20 seconds at one point). For the timing of the goals there was an equaliser five minutes before the end and two goals in stoppage time.

All in all it was a great advert for this derby, and I'm glad we're back in the same division.

Old
12-01-2012, 04:52 PM
vsk92
Alltid IFK

The first 2 goals are

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/scotland/20569486#asset

Old
12-02-2012, 09:49 AM
vsk92
Alltid IFK

Old
12-03-2012, 06:05 AM
the fife flyer

I see Jim Traynor has left the Daily Record. He was sickened after the paper was going to run a front page story of Cetlc player Anthony Stokes at the IRA fundraiser the other day, and the woman journalist in Ireland who got death threats after reporting the story in the Irish Times. Alan Rennie, the papers Editor and Celtc season ticket holder stepped in and made the front page into a non-story on some ex-criminal interested in buying shares in the Rangers.

Fantastic parting shot and Jim Traynor hopefully will reveal more in due course

Part of his column:

Quote:
There are just too many to list. But it’s been a privilege to have seen them in the flesh and even under the threat of extreme torture, such as being forced to listen to recordings of SFA/SPL meetings, I could never say my job has been anything like work. It’s been a pleasure.

Until recently.

Unfortunately, there has been the last twisted and bitter year during which Scottish football, unable to deal with the Rangers crisis in a civilised manner, has tried to tear itself apart. All in the name of sporting integrity, of course.

Actually, for the last couple of years some of the most bilious types have been allowed to emerge from the shadows and spew invective that sadly became regarded as fact, even though what they were saying and writing wasn’t even close to being definitive. Or honest. Overnight all sorts of anonymous bloggers became experts. These champions of decency had all the answers. They knew better than anyone else. They said over and over Rangers would be done for cheating the tax man.

They were wrong, the Rangers Tax Case blog in particular. Yet he/her/they stated: “This blog has been accurate on all of the major points of the case except the one that matters most to date – the FTT (First-tier Tax Tribunal) outcome”.

Excuse me? Accurate on all the major points except the bit that matters most. And that’s all right is it?

That’s a bit like a team manager saying after a defeat: “Hold on, I picked the right team and I believe my tactics were correct. So the result doesn’t really matter.”

Dolts. The result is everything. If any of the Rangers Tax Case bloggers are trained lawyers, would you want them to defend you in a court of law?

Even now so many – and I include some fellow journalists – still cannot bring themselves to accept Rangers did not cheat the tax man by using EBTs.

One journalist declared it to be “a government conspiracy” when he heard the ruling in Rangers’ favour.

Perhaps in time more will be written about this kind of hack and the rabid desire to help bring down Rangers, a fierce desire that, sadly, was widespread. Actually, I’m sure more will be written about them.

Just when did they become consumed by such eye-popping rage? Was it always there, a dormant fury against Rangers and their fans, who deserve enormous credit for having saved their club, just waiting for the catalyst?

Now they can’t help themselves. They can’t stop foaming at the mouth and we can be sure their determination to have titles stripped will go into overdrive.

They need some kind of victory or they might explode and that would be terribly messy. All that bile all over the walls and streets.

Unfortunately reason was never allowed to be a player in this grotesque game, which quickly became dominated mostly by
incoherent imbeciles fuelled by all that hatred.

And let’s not forget how some with telly platforms were prompted by
those bloggers and ill-informed commentators. Stupidly they allowed themselves to be duped by supporters with dangerous agendas hidden under the banner of integrity.

And the result? Some of the most shallow and infantile drivel ever written. These egotists are so into themselves they’ve no regard for the safety or wellbeing of those about whom they have written some awful and completely inaccurate pieces.

Despicable, pathetic little creatures craving some kind of recognition but lacking in conscience and morality.

I’m so sorry they’ve had to be thrown up into the same piece as some of the true greats and gentlemen of world sport.

However, that’s it. My work here is done and I’m glad – but just for the record, I’ve not been sacked or made redundant. I was asked to remain but my conscience won’t allow me to stay in our profession.

The journalism needed by the country, never mind sport, no longer exists in enough of the other media outlets.

But as I’ve said, the good memories of all those sporting greats will always outweigh the negatives, especially those that bubbled to the surface throughout this last year.

Thanks to sport’s real heroes I’ve had a ball and thank you for reading while I was with The Herald, the Daily Express and the Daily Record.

Good luck to you – and be careful about what and who you read in the future.

There are people out there calling themselves by different names.

But that’s not the bit that should worry you. They are calling themselves journalists.
Kabooom! Right between the eyes.

Old
12-04-2012, 09:39 AM
ScottishCanuck

Quote:
I see Jim Traynor has left the Daily Record. He was sickened after the paper was going to run a front page story of Cetlc player Anthony Stokes at the IRA fundraiser the other day, and the woman journalist in Ireland who got death threats after reporting the story in the Irish Times. Alan Rennie, the papers Editor and Celtc season ticket holder stepped in and made the front page into a non-story on some ex-criminal interested in buying shares in the Rangers.

Fantastic parting shot and Jim Traynor hopefully will reveal more in due course

Part of his column:

Kabooom! Right between the eyes.
And guess where his next job is at... the man is a moron so it makes sense I guess.

And Anthony Stokes has been a bit of an embarrassment for a while, I won't deny that and I'd rather he just left and took all of that with him. That doesn't justify death threats though, but hey ho. That's the Rangers way.

Old
12-06-2012, 08:23 AM
ScottishCanuck

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/f...r-cent-1475453

Bit ridiculous.

Old
12-07-2012, 03:24 AM
the fife flyer

Quote:
I said I didn`t want to debate with you again, but if you insist.

Read this and then you`ll see why http://www.therangersstandard.co.uk/...your-customers

Funny though. Your team scrape a draw at home, with the mighty Arbroath, in front of 7,500 fans. Lose at home to ICT, qualify for the Champs league last 16 and you still want to talk about The Rangers

Who`s obsessed again?

Old
12-07-2012, 11:28 AM
ScottishCanuck

Quote:
I said I didn`t want to debate with you again, but if you insist.

Read this and then you`ll see why http://www.therangersstandard.co.uk/...your-customers

Funny though. Your team scrape a draw at home, with the mighty Arbroath, in front of 7,500 fans. Lose at home to ICT, qualify for the Champs league last 16 and you still want to talk about The Rangers

Who`s obsessed again?
I thought it was interesting that they were still getting the gate receipts when you're boycotting it. Not just because it's Rangers. For the record, I think the decision to donate the money to charity is pretty good.

If I thought you were capable of even having a half sensible discussion without resorting to petty insults I wouldn't have a problem with you. Are you? I've plenty of Rangers supporting mates who are. Anyway, I don't want to ruin the thread for everyone else.

Enjoy your celebration at the weekend (even if the numbers are a bit controversial).

P.S. You can't just make up attendance numbers and think everyone will believe them. It was a poor attendance but what do you expect when we have Champions League tickets to buy this year. Christmas is coming up, and you know that Glasgow isn't a wealthy city. A lot of us travel to the away games (not me - poor student. Spent all of my money on the three game package Well worth it though). Rangers might get good crowds for the 3rd division but you have to take into account the difference in prices. Hell, you were giving tickets away not too long ago.

Old
12-07-2012, 02:28 PM
the fife flyer

Quote:
I thought it was interesting that they were still getting the gate receipts when you're boycotting it. Not just because it's Rangers. For the record, I think the decision to donate the money to charity is pretty good.

If I thought you were capable of even having a half sensible discussion without resorting to petty insults I wouldn't have a problem with you. Are you? I've plenty of Rangers supporting mates who are. Anyway, I don't want to ruin the thread for everyone else.

Enjoy your celebration at the weekend (even if the numbers are a bit controversial).

P.S. You can't just make up attendance numbers and think everyone will believe them. It was a poor attendance but what do you expect when we have Champions League tickets to buy this year. Christmas is coming up, and you know that Glasgow isn't a wealthy city. A lot of us travel to the away games (not me - poor student. Spent all of my money on the three game package Well worth it though). Rangers might get good crowds for the 3rd division but you have to take into account the difference in prices. Hell, you were giving tickets away not too long ago.
I`m perfectly capable of having intelligent debate. As I was having with the Ross Co guy.

You make false statements about the Rangers and I correct you, backing it up with links and you take the hump.

I don`t do petty insults. If I started down that route I`d soon be banned. I deal in fact and opinion. You were more than happy to call us cheats, huns and go on about sporting integrity in the last years thread, but when I mention facts about your club, I`m the bad boy. As I said before, I was quite happy to have a sensible debate
But when you tell me to crawl back to my 4th tier hole, then I have to ask, are you?

Code:
Funny that. Most of your posts seem to mention Celtic...

Rangers don't exist. Now go and crawl back to the 4th tier hole where you belong.

Also, Templeton is an idiot. Waste of a career.

Now we all know, Rangers do exist and tomorrow we celebrate our 140th birthday.

If you want to share a peace pipe then go for it.

Old
12-07-2012, 03:45 PM
ScottishCanuck

Quote:
I`m perfectly capable of having intelligent debate. As I was having with the Ross Co guy.

You make false statements about the Rangers and I correct you, backing it up with links and you take the hump.

I don`t do petty insults. If I started down that route I`d soon be banned. I deal in fact and opinion. You were more than happy to call us cheats, huns and go on about sporting integrity in the last years thread, but when I mention facts about your club, I`m the bad boy. As I said before, I was quite happy to have a sensible debate
But when you tell me to crawl back to my 4th tier hole, then I have to ask, are you?

Code:
Funny that. Most of your posts seem to mention Celtic...

Rangers don't exist. Now go and crawl back to the 4th tier hole where you belong.

Also, Templeton is an idiot. Waste of a career.

Now we all know, Rangers do exist and tomorrow we celebrate our 140th birthday.

If you want to share a peace pipe then go for it.
What false statements? And what facts did you mention about Celtic? That conspiracy theory nonsense? You "back up" your information with opinion pieces from the Daily Record or Rangers fansites... come on man.

Read over your own post that mine was in response to. Sometimes you post too much nonsense to be taken seriously.

140. Whatever you say.

Old
12-08-2012, 11:22 AM
ScottishCanuck

Well, now it's official. Absolutely hilarious.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20652118

Quote:
A superb article in todays red-top by Jim Traynor, who is no friend of Rangers but has been the only journalist in Scotland to see this for what it was.

It also paints a brief picture for all you non-Scots who are not fully aware of this situation.
Aye, that'll be right

Nice win for the Hoops today.

Old
12-09-2012, 04:31 AM
the fife flyer

Quote:

140. Whatever you say.
I can assure you, I was celebrating our 140th birthday at Ibrox with 50,000 other Rangers fans yesterday.

Will you, like some of your other deluded fellow travellers complain to the trading standards people And if they refuse to entertain your complaints, will you then let it go? Nah, you lot will find something else to complain about.

Anyway, unashamedly stolen......
Quote:
Dear Declan,

You dispute we are 140 years old? Please read the following, and feel free to weep in realisation that your Timmy propaganda wet dream has dried up, and all you are left with are your green “George from Asda” y-fronts with a crusty frontage.

Let me begin:

The SFA rules and regulations (look them up) clearly state:

“14.2 For the purposes of Article 14 ‘club’ means any club in membership of the Association and any club in membership of an association in membership of UEFA and/or FIFA.”

For the last time, the SFA membership was transferred IN FULL and was never ended. Comprende?? This is confirmed (as you well know) by the SFA statement on 27/7/12:

“We are pleased to confirm that agreement has been reached on all outstanding points relating to the transfer of the Scottish FA membership between Rangers FC (In Administration), and Sevco Scotland Ltd, who will be the new owners of The Rangers Football Club.”

Note how Sevco are referred to as the new owners of the football club.

But if your denial persists and you don’t believe that, then why not take the word of Lord Glennie, who said in the very first paragraph of the transfer embargo petition (reference P538/12 if you want to read it in bed tonight as you lot do…):

“This is a petition for judicial review by the Rangers Football Club plc, a company presently in administration. That company presently operates Rangers Football Club (to whom I shall refer as "Rangers"). Rangers are members of the Scottish Football Association ("the SFA")”

Read that paragraph again.
Once more.
And again.
Sunk in yet?

So I’m afraid the legal word of the SFA and the Principal Commercial Judge in the Court of Session in Scotland trumps, in quite a substantial and unequivocal manner, any ***-stained fantasy of the Timmy Tax and Legal Not-So-Expert Collective.

May I suggest Kleenex as the best consumer brand for the absorption of tears.

Yours in blue,

A supporter of the world’s most successful club.

P.S. 54 and counting

Old
12-09-2012, 04:40 AM
the fife flyer

Quote:
Well, now it's official. Absolutely hilarious.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20652118

Aye, that'll be right

Nice win for the Hoops today.
Aye, it is for us. It`s an intelligent appointment for Rangers but anyone who actually knows anything about Scottish journalism knows he is not Rangers friendly. He favours Aidrie

He`s certainly got Liewells card marked

Aye, tremendous. Were you there? Killie is 20 minutes from Glasgow.
It`s like a home game for you.

Old
12-09-2012, 04:50 AM
the fife flyer

Quote:
Their support at Kilmarnock yesterday was reduced in number because some fans boycotted the game in protest over Rugby Park chairman Michael Johnston.
Quote from Hugh Keevins about the Celtc support in todays paper.

So it`s OK for one club to boycott, but not another

Once more we can laugh at you all. Comedy gold indeed.

Old
12-09-2012, 08:15 AM
ScottishCanuck

Quote:
Aye, it is for us. It`s an intelligent appointment for Rangers but anyone who actually knows anything about Scottish journalism knows he is not Rangers friendly. He favours Aidrie

He`s certainly got Liewells card marked

Aye, tremendous. Were you there? Killie is 20 minutes from Glasgow.
It`s like a home game for you.
So he says, but everyone who has listened to YourCall over the years wasn't surprised in the slightest by his decision.

And no. Wasn't there. Didn't even know there were tickets left until the Friday night and I wasn't prepared to trail all the way out to Kilmarnock (45 minute train) to find that I couldn't get one, since the Celtic Ticket Office weren't selling any.

Quote:
Quote from Hugh Keevins about the Celtic support in todays paper.

So it`s OK for one club to boycott, but not another

Once more we can laugh at you all. Comedy gold indeed.

As far as I'm aware it was the GB and a few select supporters groups that chose to boycott. We still sold out a full stand and had more fans there than the home support, which is a little embarrassing for them.

Another piece from a Rangers fansite as well.And Hugh Keevins (lol)... OK. Lets say that you do have your history. Why are you not willing to accept responsibility for all of the "bad stuff" as well? You can't just pick and choose what you associate yourself with.

Oh, and I'm still awaiting a response to the post you chose to ignore yesterday. Cheers pal.

Old
12-09-2012, 09:38 AM
jimmythescot

I have to say that I'm pretty annoyed that they're showing Arbroath-Celtic instead of the Highland Derby. Celtic were worried about the Champions League game first time round so the replay will probably be a mauling.

Old
12-09-2012, 10:35 AM
ScottishCanuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmythescot View Post
I have to say that I'm pretty annoyed that they're showing Arbroath-Celtic instead of the Highland Derby. Celtic were worried about the Champions League game first time round so the replay will probably be a mauling.
Yeah, I was surprised too. If I wasn't a Celtic fan I'd probably rather watch that. Still, it means a bit more exposure for Arbroath so it's nice for them.

Old
12-09-2012, 12:29 PM
the fife flyer

Quote:
What false statements? And what facts did you mention about Celtic? That conspiracy theory nonsense? You "back up" your information with opinion pieces from the Daily Record or Rangers fansites... come on man.

Read over your own post that mine was in response to. Sometimes you post too much nonsense to be taken seriously.

140. Whatever you say.
Quote:

Oh, and I'm still awaiting a response to the post you chose to ignore yesterday. Cheers pal.
This the quote you mean?

Old
12-09-2012, 12:54 PM
the fife flyer

Quote:
So he says, but everyone who has listened to YourCall over the years wasn't surprised in the slightest by his decision.

And no. Wasn't there. Didn't even know there were tickets left until the Friday night and I wasn't prepared to trail all the way out to Kilmarnock (45 minute train) to find that I couldn't get one, since the Celtic Ticket Office weren't selling any.

As far as I'm aware it was the GB and a few select supporters groups that chose to boycott. We still sold out a full stand and had more fans there than the home support, which is a little embarrassing for them.

Another piece from a Rangers fansite as well.And Hugh Keevins (lol)... OK. Lets say that you do have your history. Why are you not willing to accept responsibility for all of the "bad stuff" as well? You can't just pick and choose what you associate yourself with.

1st point. Why should anyone be surprised? He stated his reasons for leaving Scotlands leading tabloid and Rangers hire him due his knowledge and standing in the game. This is the same journalist who said "Rangers fans deserved their kicking from Spanish police in Pamplona".
Nothing unusual I can see there.

2nd. Doesn`t matter who or how many. Celtc fans boycotted the game due to Killies actions. Why is it OK for your fans and not for mine? Your fans have even been boycotting your home games. Not a dig at your poor crowds btw. Just stating a fact.
Yes, you filled your stand but the pathetic turn-out from the home fans is testament to the present SPL, or is it still "booming" according to Neil Doncaster. Do you (or anyone else think the SPL is booming? 50% of the games had under 4000.

3rd. Yes, perhaps the piece was in mock but it quite clearly states, WITH QUOTES, how Rangers are the same team. Do you agree they are, or is that evidence wrong?
What bad stuff are we not accepting? You`ll have to be more specific.
What`s your problem with Hugh Keevins? A man who quite openly supports your team. What did he say in the quote that was wrong?