HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Top 1997-born players in NB

Old
11-08-2012, 08:18 AM
NBHockey
finish your checks

vCash: 500
[QUOTE=hockey jockey;55606947]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NBHockey View Post

That is what the rule is suppose to be, but if you know how HNB works thay can change the rules any time they want, if they are questioned you would be sent to a dozen different people and never given an answer that was conclusive and the circle would continue until you got frustrated enough to let it go.That is where the politics comes in , as far as Plourde , Kinney , and Leblanc none of them should be playing AAA Midget.

JMO
See questions about Tower above, thoughts?

NBHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 05:59 PM
hockey jockey

[QUOTE=NBHockey;55617355]
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey jockey View Post

See questions about Tower above, thoughts?
What I like about Tower is that he can turn his game up at any time he doesn't waste energy and is very clever, it is almost like he just blends in like a lion in a jungle waiting to pounce on its prey, you don't notice him and at the end of the game he has changed the out come and racking up points. For a guy his size 5' 8" 170 lbs he is very solid and not scared of the corners, his hockey IQ is very good , great skater and see's the ice very well. He has played 17 games 15 points not bad for a 15 year old goals and assist are split about even, in my mind that makes him a rounded player, 34 pms because he plays with high intensity and an edge.

Is he any better than Tompkins , Leblanc or Bower I don't know but if I had to pick one right now Tower would be the one , but the three I mentioned are good players as well .Compare him to Jacob he would be ahead of him in my books, Jacob has not played a game for one and his size if what I hear is correct 5' 6" 135 lbs that is just to small even with his skill level lets hope he grows.

Remember JMO

hockey jockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 08:44 PM
NBHockey
finish your checks

[QUOTE=hockey jockey;55629887]
Quote:

What I like about Tower is that he can turn his game up at any time he doesn't waste energy and is very clever, it is almost like he just blends in like a lion in a jungle waiting to pounce on its prey, you don't notice him and at the end of the game he has changed the out come and racking up points. For a guy his size 5' 8" 170 lbs he is very solid and not scared of the corners, his hockey IQ is very good , great skater and see's the ice very well. He has played 17 games 15 points not bad for a 15 year old goals and assist are split about even, in my mind that makes him a rounded player, 34 pms because he plays with high intensity and an edge.

Is he any better than Tompkins , Leblanc or Bower I don't know but if I had to pick one right now Tower would be the one , but the three I mentioned are good players as well .Compare him to Jacob he would be ahead of him in my books, Jacob has not played a game for one and his size if what I hear is correct 5' 6" 135 lbs that is just to small even with his skill level lets hope he grows.

Remember JMO
Good review... I haven't seen him in awhile. Some people have commented that he is falling back but doesn't sound like it.

It's well documented in this thread, I'm a big fan of Jacob and Tompkins, and Bower is really growing on me. I hadn't seen much of Bower last year, the year before I thought he was losing ground but he is on the upswing again. He and Tompkins were the best two forward at the U16 camp and he has played well so far this year for the Vito's.

Paul is playing well for Fredericton, he and Deschenes are the top 97 Dmen in my mind. Thompson is good but playing in the RNS hinterland so its hard to know how he stacks up right now.

What do you know of the other NS top players? Have you seen them play at all?

Old
11-09-2012, 01:06 PM
Dogpound

Quote:

Remember JMO
I heard Alex Jacob is playing his first games of the year this weekend. He will help an already fairly strong Moncton line up. Did anyone see the games against the Nova Scotia teams?? Did they play bad against Cole Harbour?? I was surprised when i heard they lost to them.Still a pretty good start at 10-1-1

Dogpound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2012, 06:22 AM
hockey jockey

[QUOTE=Dogpound;55645679]
Quote:

I heard Alex Jacob is playing his first games of the year this weekend. He will help an already fairly strong Moncton line up. Did anyone see the games against the Nova Scotia teams?? Did they play bad against Cole Harbour?? I was surprised when i heard they lost to them.Still a pretty good start at 10-1-1
Never got to the game last night Jacob gets 8 assist in his return playing with Bradley and Richard ? 12-4 over Cornwall nice way to return and be put with the top two point getters in the league.

Old
11-15-2012, 07:07 AM
Dogpound

This weekend should be a good test for all teams. Who are the top 97's to look for from Nova Scotia and Newfoundland??

Old
11-19-2012, 03:33 PM
NBfan

The picks for the Q Prospects game this weekend were interesting.

Fredericton had 4 97s, all Dmen: Lus Deschenes, Matt Paul, Jake Vance and David Comeau. Moncton had two, in Alex Jacob and Phil Myers, and Miramichi and Saint John just one each, in Hugo Robichaud and JM LeBlanc, respectively. Omitted: Fredericton's Tompkins (injured), Daley, Hachey, Pellerin and Billings; Moncton's Belec, Alward, Ward (injured) and Landry; Miramichi's Theriault, Woulds, Beaulieu and Scott; Saint Johns Bowers, McInnis and Gunn. Bower's omission was glaring.

I thought all acquitted themselves well, especially Jacob. He, Colby Towers and Tyler Boland each showed flashes of brilliance.

All weekend, Jacob lived up to the hype, IMO. Some who've been all the rage looked no stronger than the pack.

NBfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2012, 06:38 PM
hockey jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBfan View Post
The picks for the Q Prospects game this weekend were interesting.

Fredericton had 4 97s, all Dmen: Lus Deschenes, Matt Paul, Jake Vance and David Comeau. Moncton had two, in Alex Jacob and Phil Myers, and Miramichi and Saint John just one each, in Hugo Robichaud and JM LeBlanc, respectively. Omitted: Fredericton's Tompkins (injured), Daley, Hachey, Pellerin and Billings; Moncton's Belec, Alward, Ward (injured) and Landry; Miramichi's Theriault, Woulds, Beaulieu and Scott; Saint Johns Bowers, McInnis and Gunn. Bower's omission was glaring.

I thought all acquitted themselves well, especially Jacob. He, Colby Towers and Tyler Boland each showed flashes of brilliance.

All weekend, Jacob lived up to the hype, IMO. Some who've been all the rage looked no stronger than the pack.
I was a really surprised with a couple of the NB picks , I thought Daley and Bower would have being picked and Tompkins if he was not injured.Do you know if each province is a allowed so many players based on number of teams? or is this all picked by central scouting? or are names submitted by there coaches?

Jacob and Tower were good and so was Boland but he is a 96, anyone who was not convinced of Jacobs ability before should be now , he still needs to grow to play in the Q I really hope he does because at 135lbs that will not cut it no matter how skilled he is but for now he is a dominate player in midget if he grows look out at the next level.

Old
11-20-2012, 08:47 AM
mrscout

I also thought Bower and Belec would have been there. Are they planning on looking at NCAA? I would also put a big ? on Robichaud, there are much better D in the league. It definetly was a quick hard hitting game IMO a little too much for Daley but there were some other questionable picks out there as well. Not sure on the process.

mrscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2012, 09:12 AM
TonyTinglebone

From what I understand coaches and teams have no say in who plays in this game. The scouting community decides on which players will play in this game and hands out invites accordingly. Also it isn't always the top players selected for the prospects game, but players that scouts would like to get an extra look at.

TonyTinglebone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2012, 10:21 AM
NBHockey
finish your checks

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyTinglebone View Post
From what I understand coaches and teams have no say in who plays in this game. The scouting community decides on which players will play in this game and hands out invites accordingly. Also it isn't always the top players selected for the prospects game, but players that scouts would like to get an extra look at.
Took the words right out of my mouth.

Old
11-20-2012, 04:31 PM
hockey jockey

Quote:
Toney when would this selection take place I hear most were selected before the weekend any truth to that.

thanks

Old
11-20-2012, 05:13 PM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

vCash: 355
Quote:

Remember JMO
Good review, but the bolded made coke come out my nose

InfinityIggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2012, 08:53 AM
TonyTinglebone

Quote:
Toney when would this selection take place I hear most were selected before the weekend any truth to that.

thanks
From what I understand the selection is an ongoing process right up until the invitations are disclosed. If I were to wager a guess, I would say that they would have an idea of some of the guys that they would want to see in that game, but would make adjustments as the weekend goes along depending on what they see. They wouldn't be doing there jobs if they based these teams 100% on the tournament play or 100% on pre-tournament play.

Remember that you would have scouts from NS, NB, PEI, NFLD and QC there. Maybe a scout has a guy that they aren't 100% on and they want opinions from other members of their staff from a different area, so they push for him in this game so everyone gets a better look.

And again this is not necessarily all the top players from this tournament. If people think that just because a player wasn't selected for this game that they are never going to get a look from a Q scout, they are dead wrong.

Old
11-22-2012, 07:15 PM
hockey jockey

Quote:
From what I understand the selection is an ongoing process right up until the invitations are disclosed. If I were to wager a guess, I would say that they would have an idea of some of the guys that they would want to see in that game, but would make adjustments as the weekend goes along depending on what they see. They wouldn't be doing there jobs if they based these teams 100% on the tournament play or 100% on pre-tournament play.

Remember that you would have scouts from NS, NB, PEI, NFLD and QC there. Maybe a scout has a guy that they aren't 100% on and they want opinions from other members of their staff from a different area, so they push for him in this game so everyone gets a better look.

And again this is not necessarily all the top players from this tournament. If people think that just because a player wasn't selected for this game that they are never going to get a look from a Q scout, they are dead wrong.
Toney you have had some interesting opinions the NB and NS 97's what are your thoughts on the group that played in the prospects game ?

Old
11-23-2012, 07:29 AM
Frankie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogpound View Post
This weekend should be a good test for all teams. Who are the top 97's to look for from Nova Scotia and Newfoundland??
wondering too about the kids from newfoundland, haven't heard much at all. a less than stellar group perhaps?

Frankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2012, 07:31 PM
hockey jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie View Post
wondering too about the kids from newfoundland, haven't heard much at all. a less than stellar group perhaps?
Not sure about that we here on the Mainland don't see much from NFLD , I am sure there are some good players in NFLD.

Old
11-28-2012, 09:01 PM
mitchgoalie31

plourde and kenny are doing fine, both are getting ice time and both got evaluated with a green light to play midget hockey.

mitchgoalie31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2012, 06:36 AM
hockey jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchgoalie31 View Post
plourde and kenny are doing fine, both are getting ice time and both got evaluated with a green light to play midget hockey.
Not properly evaluated in my opinion (politics) you are suppose to be in the top third at your posistion, so saying that they should both be first line players, like I said they both should be playing AAA Bantam Kinney was cut from the U -15 team but still good enough to play AAA Midget as an underage.

JMO

Old
11-29-2012, 07:26 AM
TonyTinglebone

Quote:
Toney you have had some interesting opinions the NB and NS 97's what are your thoughts on the group that played in the prospects game ?
I don't think that I am going to post any thoughts on specific players as I stepped away from this thread for a while as it became negative towards some players and seemed to be filled with people with agendas. I do not believe that posting negative thoughts about 15 year olds is constructive in any way and I don't really want my opinions to be involved with that.

Old
11-29-2012, 06:30 PM
hockey jockey

Quote:
I don't think that I am going to post any thoughts on specific players as I stepped away from this thread for a while as it became negative towards some players and seemed to be filled with people with agendas. I do not believe that posting negative thoughts about 15 year olds is constructive in any way and I don't really want my opinions to be involved with that.
I agree sometimes I even find myself being negative which is not appropriate , you are right 15 year olds have lots to learn and beaten them down here is no good.My negativity most times is driven by people promoting certian kids.

My question to you was since this thread first started of the players you liked and which may of had or has potential which ones have kept pace in there development and may have potential to move to the next level, lets see if we can discuss that without beaten down any young players just positive comments on there progressing as there has been some interesting opinions which have not all being negative.

Old
12-02-2012, 09:14 PM
Hockey master

Does anyone see any of the Moncton Flyers first years being drafted? If so who?

Hockey master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 07:20 AM
Dogpound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey master View Post
Does anyone see any of the Moncton Flyers first years being drafted? If so who?
Alex Jacob will get drafted despite his size. Very skilled and very high hockey IQ.
Philliipe Myers will get drafted. Good size and good puck skills. Needs work on skating but very solid Dman.
Probably the only 97's getting drafted from Flyers. They will have a few 96's drafted too. Joey Richard will probably get drafted as well as Ryan Chiasson. Richard could be a high draft pick if his work ethic got a little better. Probably the most skilled guy in the league with good size.

Old
12-03-2012, 08:23 AM
mrscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogpound View Post
Alex Jacob will get drafted despite his size. Very skilled and very high hockey IQ.
Philliipe Myers will get drafted. Good size and good puck skills. Needs work on skating but very solid Dman.
Probably the only 97's getting drafted from Flyers. They will have a few 96's drafted too. Joey Richard will probably get drafted as well as Ryan Chiasson. Richard could be a high draft pick if his work ethic got a little better. Probably the most skilled guy in the league with good size.
You don't see Belec getting drafted?

mrscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 10:15 AM
Dogpound

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrscout View Post
You don't see Belec getting drafted?
Not sure Belec has done enough this year to get drafted. Decent size but not a great skater, and tries to do too much himself. He was able in Bantam but not able to skate through everyone by himself in midget. Someone might take a chance on him now that 15 year olds can go in top 8 rounds.