HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Notices

Anything Goes Thread: 5 for fighting

Closed Thread

Old
12-01-2012, 09:45 PM
Cullksinikers
Peaking Too Early

vCash: 500
I can't be picky about a professional sports job with so many people wanting one.

Old
12-01-2012, 11:19 PM
UsernameWasTaken
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cullksinikers View Post
Thanks for the advice.

I am going all out and cherishing every moment if it works out. No guarantees, but I would love an opportunity. I am a high-character, hard-working kid. I'd do a good job.
what's the process for you right now? are you just waiting to hear whether you get the job or are there additional steps you'll have to take?

..and btw, although we don't know each other and will never meet each other...from what i've observed of you i agree with your characterization of yourself. you really seem like a wonderful person

Quote:
Would never work for a stubborn organization like the Bears.

You'd think the field would be adequate by now.
give your head a shake with a comment like that, buddy i can't remember if you're in high school or college..but if the Bears organization offered you a job..you should be interested.

Quote:
I can't be picky about a professional sports job with so many people wanting one.
sorry, not to seem overly familiar with you...but where are you age-wise...are you in high school or are you in college?

Old
12-01-2012, 11:28 PM
UsernameWasTaken
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayP View Post
Just ate my first papaya seed... Had always thought you weren't suppose to eat them.

Did not taste anything at all like I would have guessed. That was funky.
no, they're fine to eat...but there's not much to recommend about them. even fresh seeds taste kinda peppery/mustardy...not tasty seeds.

they're not *fun* seeds...leaving aside the taste, you really can't use them for anything (e.g. you can't just grind them up and toss them in dressing or marinate)

Old
12-01-2012, 11:46 PM
Cullksinikers
Peaking Too Early

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernameWasTaken View Post
what's the process for you right now? are you just waiting to hear whether you get the job or are there additional steps you'll have to take?

..and btw, although we don't know each other and will never meet each other...from what i've observed of you i agree with your characterization of yourself. you really seem like a wonderful person

give your head a shake with a comment like that, buddy i can't remember if you're in high school or college..but if the Bears organization offered you a job..you should be interested.

sorry, not to seem overly familiar with you...but where are you age-wise...are you in high school or are you in college?
Turning 18 in under two weeks. Going to either Illinois or Indiana next year for college. I have a connection that might set me up with an interview with the right people. No guarantees, but I'm saying there's a chance.

Old
12-02-2012, 12:48 AM
IU Hawks fan
They call me 'IU'

vCash: 772
You get accepted to U of I yet?

Only asking cuz you're at the same stage I was. Go to the cheaper in state or more awesome out of state.

I applied to the U of I agriculture school. My essay told them I 'might' say or might try to transfer to U Is communications school. Needless to say, I didn't get in there, and while I enjoyed the Iowa visit more, the decision between those 2 was rather obvious.

Old
12-02-2012, 02:34 AM
UsernameWasTaken
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Turning 18 in under two weeks. Going to either Illinois or Indiana next year for college. I have a connection that might set me up with an interview with the right people. No guarantees, but I'm saying there's a chance.
one of my chi-based cousins is doing the same. where are you applying in Il and In? My cousin is applying to Urbana-Champaign re: Illinois and Indi Bloomington. I think her first choices are actually Duke or Notre Dame (and a few NE US schools)..but she's also doing the "closer" schools. It's hard for her..for the college apps she's got every thing going for her (and is one of the top students in her class) - but the ACT has not been her friend..so that's complicating things for her.

i feel sorry for you guys in the US...in Canada it's a lot more clear cut...for admission alone they really just care about your marks (scholarships are a bit different)...but if you're applying to an Arts/Sci program and assuming you're over the cut-off for your desired program...you can tell even before you apply whether you're likely to get in or not. ... it's more complicated if you're border-line...but if you're not, you're not overly stressed re where you'll get accepted in canada.

eta- culk, don't worry about whether you want a job or not at an early stage...if you decide you don't want to work somewhere make that decision *after* you got offered the job.

Last edited by UsernameWasTaken: 12-02-2012 at 02:47 AM.
Old
12-02-2012, 09:02 AM
RayP

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernameWasTaken View Post
no, they're fine to eat...but there's not much to recommend about them. even fresh seeds taste kinda peppery/mustardy...not tasty seeds.

they're not *fun* seeds...leaving aside the taste, you really can't use them for anything (e.g. you can't just grind them up and toss them in dressing or marinate)
I'm going to puree them with some rice wine vinegar, fresh grated ginger, and some lemon infused olive oil and use it as a marinade for some salmon tonight. You can puree them as use them as a alternative to pepper.

Turns out they offer a decent amount nutritionally as well. They detoxify the liver and are great for kidney support.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurtosis View Post
Lol...what did you think you were gonna trip or something?

lol, not sure... just always split it in half, and scooped em out. Never really thought about it.

Old
12-02-2012, 09:10 AM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
Played rat hockey for the first time in a long time last night before work... I don't think I can move.

Old
12-02-2012, 09:15 AM
RayP

Speaking of not being able to move. I'm still breaking in those Vibrams and did some sprint training on Thursday I think it was. I still can't walk down a flight of stairs like a normal person.

Old
12-02-2012, 10:09 AM
Cullksinikers
Peaking Too Early

IU, I hear in 12 days if I am into U of I (the one in Champaign, UWT). I do have a good feeling I will get in. I was accepted into Indiana (Bloomington). Indiana is 125 percent the price of U of I, and I am not a direct admit. Recently, I completed two dual-purpose essays for Indiana for direct admittance into the program (journalism; starting off in strategic communications) and to try to get some money off. I got a letter in the mail to do the dual-process essay, and we were told if you get the letter, there's a high chance you will become a direct admit. Getting money off would be nice. I have decided to stop looking at Kansas and Mizzou (accepted and a direct admit). Indiana and U of I are the best two options and also the two closest. I should also mention I will be going into advertising at U of I and will be directly admitted into the media program if accepted.

None of it matters if I get a full-ride for tuition at U of I. I have a real shot.

Old
12-02-2012, 10:10 AM
madgoat33

i didn't even apply to u of i, got into indiana and got a pretty decent amount of money too. Kinda just assumed they played it fast and loose with the cash for students from the chicagoland area to try to dilute the amount of indiana at the school.

that state and its residents suck

Old
12-02-2012, 10:44 AM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
Will finally have my mazda paid off next month... which means it's new car time. Thinking Grand Cherokee or Jetta... need to do some research.

Old
12-02-2012, 11:41 AM
RayP

Used some of the papaya seeds, in addition to some pomegranate seeds to make a puree for a salmon marinade. Also added some serrano balsamic vinegar, pinch of salt, olive oil, and a chopped up serrano pepper. Have pretty high hopes for it. Should have a nice sweet and spicy combo going on.

Also have some turbot I need do something with tonight, but not sure what that will be yet.

Old
12-02-2012, 02:02 PM
Hawkey39
apparently invisible

Send a message via MSN to Hawkey39 Send a message via Skype™ to Hawkey39
I could get a full ride for joining a leadership program at commerce and that would mean living in the nicest dorms at the school. I have the sat/act scores and i have the experience but in not in the top ten percent even though my class is 1311 students and I have a 3.64 gpa. I couldn't send in a resume but if I get an interview I'm definately in.

Also I have a giant bruise on my right hamstring or whatever and it hurts to ****in walk and sit.

Ray if I ever meet you, ya better cook me a feast for all the times you made me hungry XD

Gonna get the new nokia lumia 920 even though my parents both wanted me to get the new iPhone. I hate iPhones and all the conformists that use it. Definately the most overrated piece of technology I've seen

Ok last thing. I've decided in college imma start a podcast and YouTube account about music. Already reserve the YouTube name.

Old
12-03-2012, 09:56 AM
RayP

Anyone watch Dexter? Dear god that was a great episode last night. Only two more episodes left, but this season is going to end with one helluva bang.

Old
12-03-2012, 09:59 AM
Illinihockey

I have no freaking clue what to get my wife this year for Xmas and her birthday. Usually I am awesome at buying presents but this year I'm clueless.

Old
12-03-2012, 10:05 AM
RayP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinihockey View Post
I have no freaking clue what to get my wife this year for Xmas and her birthday. Usually I am awesome at buying presents but this year I'm clueless.

That's how I usually am. I'm boycotting Xmas gifts for her this year. Dished out huge cash for a Tiffany's bracelet last year. Don't think she has worn it a single time. Might just wrap that back up and give it to her again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgruntledHawkFan View Post
Will finally have my mazda paid off next month... which means it's new car time. Thinking Grand Cherokee or Jetta... need to do some research.
Have an 05 GC right now, and ****ing love it. In the process of selling it, well I keep saying that but never actually really try... buy mine.

If you're not going to be putting a ton of miles on your car, definitely look into the Limited GC. That's the one with leather, GPS/media center, and all the goodies.

Old
12-03-2012, 10:10 AM
coldsteelonice84

vCash: 1948
Quote:
That's how I usually am. I'm boycotting Xmas gifts for her this year. Dished out huge cash for a Tiffany's bracelet last year. Don't think she has worn it a single time. Might just wrap that back up and give it to her again.
Lol, that would be ****ing classic!

Old
12-03-2012, 11:09 AM
No Fun Shogun
Global Moderator
34-38-61-10-13

vCash: 1
Oh man, what a difference a couple days makes at work. So much more enjoyable, productive, and laid back when I'm only dealing with seven closings in a given week (sure to increase, but still) instead of the 40ish we had last week.

I live for the beginnings of the month. Have to seriously remember to get "sick" the next end of the month....

Old
12-03-2012, 11:21 AM
TorMenT
Go Blackhawks!

Quote:
Anyone watch Dexter? Dear god that was a great episode last night. Only two more episodes left, but this season is going to end with one helluva bang.
I love Dexter! Haven't seen last nights episode though because the wife made me go out shopping cuz there where great deals at the local sporting goods store. What a horrible night.

Old
12-03-2012, 12:04 PM
RayP

Anyone stay at Hotel Felix before? Was able to get a deal through our credit card points to stay a few nights there in January. Think we're paying like the equivalent of $65/night instead of $130 by using our points. Normally we stay at Hotel 71 when we're up there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorMenT View Post
I love Dexter! Haven't seen last nights episode though because the wife made me go out shopping cuz there where great deals at the local sporting goods store. What a horrible night.

I was worried how the final 3 episodes would play out after killing of Isak, but last nights was great. Although still bummed Isak is gone. He was such a powerful character and he had me pissing myself in fear every time he was on the screen. That was a huge make or break episode for this season, IMO, and they nailed it.

Old
12-03-2012, 01:47 PM
IU Hawks fan
They call me 'IU'

vCash: 772
Was told today that my temp gig is ending at the end of the month.

Figured that might be the case, but depressing that I need to start looking for work again here soon.

Old
12-03-2012, 02:17 PM
TorMenT
Go Blackhawks!

Quote:
I was worried how the final 3 episodes would play out after killing of Isak, but last nights was great. Although still bummed Isak is gone. He was such a powerful character and he had me pissing myself in fear every time he was on the screen. That was a huge make or break episode for this season, IMO, and they nailed it.
I was so mad they killed him off too. He was such a great character and really seemed like a great person for Dexter. Hopefully I'll be able to watch last nights episode tonight.

There's only 1 season left after this one, right? So depressing, but probably a good thing. I hate when shows go on too long and ruin the greatness they had, like Lost for example.

Old
12-03-2012, 02:22 PM
RayP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorMenT View Post
I was so mad they killed him off too. He was such a great character and really seemed like a great person for Dexter. Hopefully I'll be able to watch last nights episode tonight.

There's only 1 season left after this one, right? So depressing, but probably a good thing. I hate when shows go on too long and ruin the greatness they had, like Lost for example.
Yeah, he was probably the best villain, IMO, that the show has ever had.

And correct. It's definitely time for the show to be wrapped up. There have been some really really bad seasons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IU Hawks fan View Post
Was told today that my temp gig is ending at the end of the month.

Figured that might be the case, but depressing that I need to start looking for work again here soon.

That blows, especially this time of year. Good luck.

Old
12-03-2012, 02:29 PM
Illinihockey

Anyone play FIFA 13?

Closed Thread