Closed Thread

Old
12-02-2012, 06:12 PM
El Dandy*
...Menace To Society

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColePens View Post
I think he was on to something brilliant though, RE. The cash-in and ladder match for the title would be brilliant. That's not over-booking at all.

And am I the only one that would prefer the WHC over the WWE title if I made it to the WWE? I love that belt.
That part is not overbooking so that I can agree with.

As he wrote, it makes sense booking wise if the MITB were to be on the line and Ziggler back doored his way out of it by cashing it in before hand (blows up in his face when Booker makes it a WHC match, Ziggler wins with the AJ turn on Cena. Everything you need to be accomplished gets accomplished).

Just look at them compared:

Route 1: Big Show-Sheamus-Ziggler-Cena-Ziggler
Route 2: Big Show-Ziggler

I would not even put the title on Sheamus only to hot potato it to Ziggler. Big Show losing the title for the second straight year at TLC to a cash-in writes itself IMO. Sheamus would also not be hurt in defeat because everyone will almost instantly forget that Sheamus even lost because of the Ziggler cash-in.

Last edited by El Dandy*: 12-02-2012 at 06:19 PM.
Old
12-02-2012, 06:26 PM
AfroThunder396
Lou's Secret Sauce

vCash: 835
I hated the way they overbooked the SummerSlam 2011 Main Event.

Triple H as guest referee, Cena's foot on the ropes, Kevin Nash out of nowhere, Del Rio cashes in MitB....it was such a mess.

I like the idea of Ziggler cashing in on Big Show and turning his match with Cena into a title match. That would be a good way to go. But I don't think having the title change hands four times in one night would do any favors for anyone.

Old
12-02-2012, 07:40 PM
Engebretson
I WANT HOLYFIELD!!!!

vCash: 1000
Multiple title changes in one night has been done before (Orton and HHH traded the WWE title a couple times over the course of No Mercy 2007, and multiple MITB cash-ins come to mind) and it honestly just waters down the title IMO. Plus, like RE said, the WHC is a secondary championship; there's no way Creative devotes that much attention to that belt.

As far as Russo goes, I can tolerate a little overbooking every once in a while, but that was his ONLY style of booking. You could probably count on one hand the amount of clean matches he has booked in his career.

Old
12-02-2012, 08:35 PM
Ginger Jesus

Question if a Big Show and Sheamus are in the middle of a match can Ziggler cash in during that match. That would be some matcheption type **** right there

Old
12-02-2012, 08:49 PM
M.C.G. 31
4/4 - CP31

vCash: 233
need something to create buzz around the World title, a title that's been irrelevant since about 2008. id like it, but whatever. It'd create excitement for me. I like swerves.

Most likely its Ziggler cashing in before his match, and turning his scheduled match into a world title match & winning (& stealing Cena's girl) or him holding off and they have him cash in at WrestleMania, potentially vs a heel Orton

Old
12-02-2012, 08:53 PM
duckchobbins

Quote:
Originally Posted by iiTzLaMia View Post
Question if a Big Show and Sheamus are in the middle of a match can Ziggler cash in during that match. That would be some matcheption type **** right there
I don't think they ever clarified if that's possible or not. AFAIK, cash ins have only been 1 on 1, and usually after a guy gets his ass beat in the ring so he's a sitting duck

Old
12-02-2012, 09:42 PM
Schennsation
Show goes on

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfroThunder396 View Post
I hated the way they overbooked the SummerSlam 2011 Main Event.

Triple H as guest referee, Cena's foot on the ropes, Kevin Nash out of nowhere, Del Rio cashes in MitB....it was such a mess.

I like the idea of Ziggler cashing in on Big Show and turning his match with Cena into a title match. That would be a good way to go. But I don't think having the title change hands four times in one night would do any favors for anyone.
That sounds way better to me to when the title changes hands more the once at an event it reminds me of the hardcore title when it was defended 24/7.

Old
12-02-2012, 09:53 PM
M.C.G. 31
4/4 - CP31

-Sheamus wins World title & holds it till Mania

-Bryan wins the Rumble & challenges Sheamus at Mania

-Bryan wins the World title & Ziggler cashes in 18 seconds later to win the World title

Old
12-02-2012, 10:02 PM
Xenophobia Catalyst
The Omega Dreamer

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince McMahon View Post
-Sheamus wins World title & holds it till Mania

-Bryan wins the Rumble & challenges Sheamus at Mania

-Bryan wins the World title & Ziggler cashes in 18 seconds later to win the World title
Not sure if I love it or hate it.

Old
12-02-2012, 10:20 PM
M.C.G. 31
4/4 - CP31

Anything Ziggler vs Bryan = major thumps up for me. Two of the best in-ring talents today in a program for a top title.

Old
12-02-2012, 10:25 PM
AfroThunder396
Lou's Secret Sauce

vCash: 835
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckdobbins View Post
I don't think they ever clarified if that's possible or not. AFAIK, cash ins have only been 1 on 1, and usually after a guy gets his ass beat in the ring so he's a sitting duck
Someone on this board actually suggested a really good finish to a match like this once.

I think it would be a cool angle.

Old
12-02-2012, 10:32 PM
kanuck87

Quote:
I think that'd be fun, personally.
Probably, but it's a lot of material and potential feuds to use up on one night. There's enough there for half a year

Old
12-02-2012, 10:34 PM
M.C.G. 31
4/4 - CP31

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanuck87 View Post
Probably, but it's a lot of material and potential feuds to use up on one night. There's enough there for half a year
THAT is true, but it ends 2012 with a bang. But it is true that it uses up lots of material good for half a year.

As long as Ziggler goes over Cena (& ends up with AJ, but thats not a must) im happy. That all was just an idea that popped into my head from various ideas bundled into one.

12-02-2012, 11:07 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobo View Post
Guys, whatever happened to The Miz? He was doing so good.
It all started at the Over the Limit ppv

Miz tapped out immediately to the STF like a little ***** after he and Riley beat down Cena 2 on 1 for 20 minutes. This lead to him jobbing to Riley on ppv and then nobody could take him seriously again.

Old
12-02-2012, 11:32 PM
ColePens
Global Moderator
Lounge Hero

Send a message via AIM to ColePens
Some talk about Rumble winners... here is just my opinion:

- Undertaker wins it/challenges Punk. It's a different style to the streak. It will be streak vs. streak. 500 days vs. the amazing WM streak. I'm not sure both of these matches need to be combined in Taker/Punk, but it would be great.

- Daniel Bryan/challenges Punk: Please no more Sheamus/DB booked at WM. One was knocked off the card and the other ended in 18 seconds. Daniel Bryan/Punk was made for Wrestlemania. Maybe not this one...but definitely down the road. And I would pray they get a 60 minute iron man match one day.

- Wade Barrett wins/challenges Sheamus. These two have amazing chemistry and it would be one hell of a match. That would jump-start Wade's title run and I think it could be great.

Old
12-02-2012, 11:37 PM
M.C.G. 31
4/4 - CP31

One former creative writer tweeted WM should have:

Punk/Taker - WWE title
Rock/Cena - World title

Old
12-03-2012, 12:16 AM
Pinkfloyd

Quote:
One former creative writer tweeted WM should have:

Punk/Taker - WWE title
Rock/Cena - World title
I don't like either match conceptually, to be honest. It's just my opinion but I understand why people would like it. Punk/Taker is a lose-lose, imo. Either the streak ends (not gonna happen) or Punk loses the title to someone who hasn't done a match in a year. Rock/Cena has been done before and the World Title is beneath both of them the way that creative has valued the belt. Why would they change all of a sudden for the rematch?

Old
12-03-2012, 12:24 AM
ColePens
Global Moderator
Lounge Hero

Send a message via AIM to ColePens
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
I don't like either match conceptually, to be honest. It's just my opinion but I understand why people would like it. Punk/Taker is a lose-lose, imo. Either the streak ends (not gonna happen) or Punk loses the title to someone who hasn't done a match in a year. Rock/Cena has been done before and the World Title is beneath both of them the way that creative has valued the belt. Why would they change all of a sudden for the rematch?
This is a tough year for WM matches. Lots of talent, potentially, and they can't screw it up. My other scenario would be:

Main Event: Punk (c) vs. Cena vs. Rock - Cena wins.

Triple H vs. Lesnar

Taker vs. __________? (i'd prefer Lesnar here, but I just have a feeling HHH/Lesnar is set for WM)

WHC (preferably Ziggler)

And by the way - what a waste of having Lesnar back. His match with Cena was amazing. His match with HHH sucked. He hasn't been around at all and nobody really cares.

Old
12-03-2012, 02:02 AM
parabola
Global Moderator
BOlieve dat

Why would they do HHH vs Lesnar again?

Old
12-03-2012, 06:10 AM
M.C.G. 31
4/4 - CP31

Quote:
Originally Posted by parabola View Post
Why would they do HHH vs Lesnar again?
So hhh can get payback even though no one cares & everyone would prefer lesnar/taker

Old
12-03-2012, 07:29 AM
M.C.G. 31
4/4 - CP31

like i said earlier, would NOT be surprised if in 10 years, more stories come out about John Cena and how he held people down backstage

Quote:
https://twitter.com/GabeTuft

Quote:
Trying to think of some good dirt I could spill about WWE. Prepare yourselves... #GabeTuft

Gabe Tuft ‏@GabeTuft

Anyone want to know what top guy forced me to stop using the burning hammer - even after it appeared on SD/RAW and PPV's? #GabeTuft

Gabe Tuft ‏@GabeTuft

1st house show loop, Cena asks pulls me aside, degrades me like I'm 10 years & tells me if I use it again I'd me fired. #GabeTuft

Gabe Tuft ‏@GabeTuft

He yelled at me & said, "Who gave u permission to use that"? Apparently he hadn't been watching the product 4 the last 8 months. #GabeTuft

Gabe Tuft ‏@GabeTuft

Or perhaps how he stole our idea to get fired, use social media to get over, & run in from the crowd (Given to Miz & Truth). #GabeTuft

Gabe Tuft ‏@GabeTuft

I still have the promo DVD our idea was burned onto when Cena supposedly helped us with the idea - then lied & said it wasn't stolen later.

Gabe Tuft ‏@GabeTuft

People say I'm bitter now. No, I just think truth is in order. Don't want people to be disillusioned like I was. #GabeTuft

Gabe Tuft ‏@GabeTuft

@AdamOB96 Edge, Christian, Jericho, Kane, Taker, Kofi, Truth - all good guys.

who is the stiffest or most reckless you've worked with?

@Stewieofff Titus McFootball. Absolutely no questions.

Old
12-03-2012, 08:18 AM
El Dandy*
...Menace To Society

Rumble winner will either be Cena or Ryback.

Would be cool if Punk lost the WWE title only to enter #30 and win (somehow Cena gets involved and they do a triple threat), but the WWE title match will close the show so that nixes that idea.

Old
12-03-2012, 08:19 AM
M.C.G. 31
4/4 - CP31

More on cena, including riley from reks' twitter

".@xodashingmizfit Riley? Great guy - talented. Would be over as all hell if a certain someone wasn't holding him down...
#YouKnowWho"

Old
12-03-2012, 09:18 AM
Engebretson
I WANT HOLYFIELD!!!!

vCash: 1000
Thanks for posting those tweets from Reks VM. The first thing I thought of after I read them was how we were just talking about the subject. Like I said before, it would be naive to think that Cena doesn't throw his political weight around backstage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbow Express View Post
Rumble winner will either be Cena or Ryback.

Would be cool if Punk lost the WWE title only to enter #30 and win (somehow Cena gets involved and they do a triple threat), but the WWE title match will close the show so that nixes that idea.
Actually, since 1999 the only Rumble PPV to not close with the Rumble match was the 2006 RR, so Punk losing the title and winning the RR would be an awesome possibility. Rock beats Punk for the title, Punk enters the Rumble and wins his title shot at Mania.

Old
12-03-2012, 10:07 AM
M.C.G. 31
4/4 - CP31

I think if wwe really wants punk/taker & its for the title, the only way to get there is with taker winning the rumble

Closed Thread