i feel great. went to bed at 8:30 last night...feeling super sharp this morning. i did have to watch some NHL network (NOT msg) special on the 94 rangers as i got ready for work, which sucked, but i saw a couple of Richer goals.
It's always nice knowing that if you get bit by a blue-ringed octopus in Australia, there's no antivenom.
"The octopus produces venom that contains tetrodotoxin, 5-hydroxytryptamine, hyaluronidase, tyramine, histamine, tryptamine, octopamine, taurine, acetylcholine, and dopamine. The major neurotoxin component of blue-ringed octopus venom was originally known as maculotoxin but was later found to be identical to tetrodotoxin, a neurotoxin which is also found in pufferfish that is 10,000 times more toxic than cyanide. Tetrodotoxin blocks sodium channels, causing motor paralysis and respiratory arrest within minutes of exposure, leading to cardiac arrest due to a lack of oxygen. The toxin is produced by bacteria in the salivary glands of the octopus. Their venom can result in nausea, respiratory arrest, heart failure, severe and sometimes total paralysis and blindness and can lead to death within minutes if not treated. Death is usually from suffocation due to lack of oxygen to the brain."
And even if you stay inside, you're still not safe because they have spiders the size of ****ing pancakes that just chill where they want.