HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Red Wings Prospects Tracker - Part IV - The Search for More Prospects

Closed Thread

Old
12-03-2012, 11:43 AM
joe89

vCash: 500
Sproul invited to Canada's camp.

And Paterson.

Old
12-03-2012, 11:45 AM
Osgood As It Gets
The Underdog

As per Bob McKenzie, Ouellet and Sproul both get an invite to Team Canada camp. Looks good!

Also, surprise (?) invite to Paterson (G).

Old
12-03-2012, 11:51 AM
Harnessed in Slums

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe89 View Post
Sproul invited to Canada's camp.

And Paterson.
Awesome, that's fantastic news!

Old
12-03-2012, 11:55 AM
StormSurge9

Ouellet is no surprise, likely to make the top 6.

Great to see Sproul invited considering he has been out most of the year, still don't see him making the final roster though.

Paterson, likely won't get into any games but will probably make the team as a third goalie seeing as he is only one at camp with a shot at next year's roster. Only 94' born goalie invited.

Old
12-03-2012, 01:21 PM
Konnan511
#Loyalty

Send a message via AIM to Konnan511
I'm shocked Sproul got an invite. There are close to a dozen D prospects that you could argue are better than him. XO is not a shocker, he's arguable a top 3 CHL Dman.

Old
12-03-2012, 02:20 PM
newfy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konnan511 View Post
I'm shocked Sproul got an invite. There are close to a dozen D prospects that you could argue are better than him. XO is not a shocker, he's arguable a top 3 CHL Dman.
Sproul shouldnt be a shocker at all, hes tearing the O up this year and hes big. He should make it over Murphy but wont due to politics

Old
12-03-2012, 03:16 PM
ChadS

One assist for Pulkkinen tonight, so first time he has a point in two consecutive games this season. Should have had another as well but Ruutu's goal that he deflected off his skate was called off. Strong game all around but he didn't get to play much at the end when they were protecting their 1-0 lead. He was a +1, had 5 shots and 13:11 icetime.

Old
12-03-2012, 04:13 PM
ProPAIN
I am the Danger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardingsJockstrap View Post
As per Bob McKenzie, Ouellet and Sproul both get an invite to Team Canada camp. Looks good!

Also, surprise (?) invite to Paterson (G).
I'm more surprised Sproul got an invite. Canada's team is stacked at D though.

But a Ouellet-Sproul pairing?

Old
12-03-2012, 05:41 PM
The Nose
#thefuture

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadS View Post
One assist for Pulkkinen tonight, so first time he has a point in two consecutive games this season. Should have had another as well but Ruutu's goal that he deflected off his skate was called off. Strong game all around but he didn't get to play much at the end when they were protecting their 1-0 lead. He was a +1, had 5 shots and 13:11 icetime.
Even though the points aren't coming, it's nice to see him doing well. I can't wait to see if this kid can play better in NA.

Old
12-03-2012, 06:31 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

I am not surprised Sproul got invited he has the highest PPGA of any d-man in the OHL including Hamilton. I am a little surprised that Codi Ceci didn't even get a chance in camp, that seems kind of harsh feel for that young man. That was the biggest surprise of the day for me.

It is interesting that they are giving Paterson the inside track towards being the starter next year.

Old
12-03-2012, 09:43 PM
WingsMike
Registered Man

Nedomlel not chosen for the Czech preliminary roster. wut.

Old
12-03-2012, 10:11 PM
The Nose
#thefuture

Yeah according to Czech fans Nedomlel and Stasny(?) got totally screwed because of politics. Apparently the coach has a track record of inviting questionable and biased rosters. Really dumb If you ask me, Nedomlel is getting completely ****** out of an amazing opportunity.

Old
12-03-2012, 10:19 PM
FissionFire

Nedomlel being left off isn't a suprise. Isn't this the same coach that left Mrazek off until his final year for similar reasons?

Old
12-04-2012, 12:04 AM
newfy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13 HockeyTown 40 View Post
Yeah according to Czech fans Nedomlel and Stasny(?) got totally screwed because of politics. Apparently the coach has a track record of inviting questionable and biased rosters. Really dumb If you ask me, Nedomlel is getting completely ****** out of an amazing opportunity.
Havent looked at their roster but theyre probably talking about Matej Stransky a Dallas prospect who is pretty good in the WHL. The czechs havent been relevant in this tourney for a while and politics plays a huge part.

They leave the guy who wins goalie of the tourney the next year because he played North American junior.

Old
12-04-2012, 12:30 AM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Feel pretty bad for Nedomlel, he really got jobbed two year in a row. Generally they only do that for one year. Wings should threaten to pull Frk, let him work on his PIM problems during this years WJC.

Old
12-04-2012, 06:52 AM
Jussi
Dat Times Square

Quote:
Highlights of the game (high may not be accurate in this case), Pulkkinen's assist seems a bit generous but it looked he was robbed off one when Ruutu's goal wasn't allowed (seemed to be within IIHF rules):

Based on people's reactions, the Ruutu-Tyrväinen-Pulkkinen line has played fairly well recently but I'd still like to see Ben Eaves in place of Tyrväinen there when he gets healthy.

Last edited by Jussi: 12-04-2012 at 07:17 AM.
Old
12-04-2012, 01:12 PM
ChadS

Järnkrok on fire tonight. The game is just past half way and he just scored his second of the night off a breakaway. In addition to the goals he had an assist in the first. He's such an entertaining player to watch. Brynäs lead 4-1.

Bäckman has an assist as well so far tonight with Linköping up 1-0.

Old
12-04-2012, 01:18 PM
Rzombo4 prez

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings19405 View Post
Feel pretty bad for Nedomlel, he really got jobbed two year in a row. Generally they only do that for one year. Wings should threaten to pull Frk, let him work on his PIM problems during this years WJC.
I thought you had to swear some sort of blood oath to the Czech federation to make that team.

Old
12-04-2012, 02:34 PM
StormSurge9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rzombo4 prez View Post
I thought you had to swear some sort of blood oath to the Czech federation to make that team.
Yea, them not fielding the best team possible due to politic reasons is crazy. Feel bad for Nedomlel as well and Stars prospect Stransky.

Why did Frk or Faksa make the team though? They each play in NA too, I don't understand it.

Old
12-04-2012, 03:44 PM
mindfly
KEN HOLLAND OUT

Järnkrok ends up with 2 goals and 1 assist

Old
12-04-2012, 03:45 PM
joe89

Quote:
Järnkrok on fire tonight. The game is just past half way and he just scored his second of the night off a breakaway. In addition to the goals he had an assist in the first. He's such an entertaining player to watch. Brynäs lead 4-1.

Bäckman has an assist as well so far tonight with Linköping up 1-0.
Goals here http://www.elitserienplay.se/video.2....2011416114001 @ 1.10 & 1.34.

Old
12-04-2012, 04:56 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by majorleaguebrian88 View Post
Yea, them not fielding the best team possible due to politic reasons is crazy. Feel bad for Nedomlel as well and Stars prospect Stransky.

Why did Frk or Faksa make the team though? They each play in NA too, I don't understand it.
Different level stars, the same reason the Czech team stopped with Mrazek after the first year ban. When it became clear he had a future with the senior national team that kind of dropped that angle. It isn't like I expect Nedomlel to crack that, while he is certainly deserving of this roster he is treated differently.

Wonder since the Wings have Frk signed, if they could leverage the Czech team. I wouldn't make him available to this coach. He has now screwed Wings players twice. Do what Ottawa did with Zibanejad, might be harsh for Frk, but my guess is if that threat came down, Nedomlel would be invited to camp and make the team.

Old
12-04-2012, 05:01 PM
Anchor Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings19405 View Post
Different level stars, the same reason the Czech team stopped with Mrazek after the first year ban. When it became clear he had a future with the senior national team that kind of dropped that angle. It isn't like I expect Nedomlel to crack that, while he is certainly deserving of this roster he is treated differently.

Wonder since the Wings have Frk signed, if they could leverage the Czech team. I wouldn't make him available to this coach. He has now screwed Wings players twice. Do what Ottawa did with Zibanejad, might be harsh for Frk, but my guess is if that threat came down, Nedomlel would be invited to camp and make the team.
Could you imagine how pissed Frk would be at the Detroit organization if the Czech hockey federation called Detroit's bluff and didn't allow him to play in the tournament?

Old
12-04-2012, 05:15 PM
joe89

I feel bad for him but there's no sense in Detroit getting involved. Czechs are hurting their own chances, that's their choice. Nedomlel staying at the smaller ice rinks playing WHL hockey is probably more satisfying for Detroit anyway.

Old
12-04-2012, 05:17 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by the banks View Post
Could you imagine how pissed Frk would be at the Detroit organization if the Czech hockey federation called Detroit's bluff and didn't allow him to play in the tournament?
Probably pretty mad, but we control his rights for a bunch of years and he has already signed a deal. I am guessing Zibanejad is pretty mad, Ottawa still did it. As a signed player that is leverage the Wings have. I don't like it but my feeling is for a team that allows the directory of player development to help this nation a bunch our prospects should be getting a better shake.

Closed Thread