HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > EA Sports NHL
EA Sports NHL Discussion forum for EA Sports NHL video games.

Bluth Company 360 GM League Discussion/Signup Thread PT 6: UPDATED RULES

Old
12-03-2012, 10:17 AM
Price 89

vCash: 500
My two franchise players will not be traded datsyuk and weber retiring as wings!

Price 89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 10:21 AM
Gary83*

My franchise player is going to be offersheeted by the Pens!

Gary83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 10:25 AM
xVx Santillo

Quote:
Originally Posted by price 89 View Post
my two franchise players will not be traded datsyuk and weber retiring as wings!
FCK YOU, hope Fuss kicks ur ass and u cry and quit the league and than a big monkey takes you in as a his child

xVx Santillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 10:26 AM
Price 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary83 View Post
My franchise player is going to be offersheeted by the Pens!
I think everyone will lol! If you don't lock him up before July 1st you'll lose him for sure!

Old
12-03-2012, 10:32 AM
Gary83*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Price 89 View Post
I think everyone will lol! If you don't lock him up before July 1st you'll lose him for sure!
I actually have a sweet, sweet, sweet, did I mention sweet deal? To trade his rights. There's no way Fuss won't let me put it through. Crazyyyyyyyyyyy overpayment.

Old
12-03-2012, 10:40 AM
xX Hot Fuss
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
I actually have a sweet, sweet, sweet, did I mention sweet deal? To trade his rights. There's no way Fuss won't let me put it through. Crazyyyyyyyyyyy overpayment.
Since there's no way way i'd approve it (really, there's not) maybe you could post it anyway?

xX Hot Fuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 10:42 AM
Gary83*

Quote:
Originally Posted by xX Hot Fuss View Post
Since there's no way way i'd approve it (really, there's not) maybe you could post it anyway?
Oh.. so it's only okay when I trade franchise players to you?!

No point posting if the trade isn't accepted, hope I don't lose him to offer sheet.

Before this spirals out of control: I was only joking, fellow brahs.

Old
12-03-2012, 10:43 AM
Price 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by xVx Santillo View Post
FCK YOU, hope Fuss kicks ur ass and u cry and quit the league and than a big monkey takes you in as a his child
Yo Steve, Weber is a great dman I hope zetterberg is working out for you... Oh wait your not in the playoffs did I mention kostitsyn is almost a ppg player in playoffs oh and if I see you at school today ill beat you

Old
12-03-2012, 10:44 AM
ArGarBarGar
Global Moderator
Defense Please

Quote:
Originally Posted by Price 89 View Post
Yo Steve, Weber is a great dman I hope zetterberg is working out for you... Oh wait your not in the playoffs did I mention kostitsyn is almost a ppg player in playoffs oh and if I see you at school today ill beat you

ArGarBarGar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 10:47 AM
xX Hot Fuss
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Oh.. so it's only okay when I trade franchise players to you?!

No point posting if the trade isn't accepted, hope I don't lose him to offer sheet.

Before this spirals out of control: I was only joking, fellow brahs.
I'm the Commissioner. I do what i want! If i wanna make 8 trades a season i'll do it. If i wanna trade Patrick Kane and then trade back for him 5 times i'll do it damnit!

Old
12-03-2012, 10:50 AM
stevezz

Quote:
Jordan Staal: Just signed a 10 year, $60 million dollar deal to play with his brother in the top 6 of the Hurricanes. He's not going anywhere.

Jamie Benn: He's the 1C of the Stars in real life, and he's the Kings best LW in Bluth. He's as good a powerforward as you can get in NHL 13

Suter: Just signed a $100 million dolar deal to be the #1D for the Wild. The Wild made him (and Parise) a part of the Wild's identity in July. Not to mention, also really good in this game. He's as much a franchise Dman as Keith IMHO

Couture: 86 Overall, disgusting offense, really fast. He's a franchise player in San Jose to replace Thornton. Minnesota traded for him in Bluth to be his Franchise 1C. He's not going anywhere

Burns: 6'5" and skates like Keith, real life and Bluth. The Sharks would never trade him in real life

OEL: Arguably the best young Dman in the NHL. Crazy potential in NHL 13, he is absolutely the face of the Coyotes.

Bergeron: Why do i even need to explain this? Just won a Selke, won a cup, probably the 3rd best Faceoff man in the NHL. Really good speed and amazing two way play. The Bruins would never trade him. He's a franchise player now because the Blues traded for him to be a speedier 1C

Huberdeau: The Panther's best forward prospect, that franchise is relying on him to carry their offense. The Blue's aren't going to trade him as he's expected to be the same thing for them.

Bogosian: He's the jets #1 Dman. No reason at all to trade him

Franchise Players that have been traded before in Bluth are still Franchise players on their new teams
I think you have excluded pietrangelo from this list He is the franchise player

stevezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 10:59 AM
xX Hot Fuss
HFBoards Sponsor

Psht invisible in Round 1. Trade him for scraps

Old
12-03-2012, 11:13 AM
stevezz

Quote:
Psht invisible in Round 1. Trade him for scraps
lollll i couldn't score, that was the problem! If you want him i can use a toews or kane on my team

stevezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 11:28 AM
Chessarmy
Its a Marty Party

Quote:
Jordan Staal: Just signed a 10 year, $60 million dollar deal to play with his brother in the top 6 of the Hurricanes. He's not going anywhere.

Jamie Benn: He's the 1C of the Stars in real life, and he's the Kings best LW in Bluth. He's as good a powerforward as you can get in NHL 13

Suter: Just signed a $100 million dolar deal to be the #1D for the Wild. The Wild made him (and Parise) a part of the Wild's identity in July. Not to mention, also really good in this game. He's as much a franchise Dman as Keith IMHO

Couture: 86 Overall, disgusting offense, really fast. He's a franchise player in San Jose to replace Thornton. Minnesota traded for him in Bluth to be his Franchise 1C. He's not going anywhere

Burns: 6'5" and skates like Keith, real life and Bluth. The Sharks would never trade him in real life

OEL: Arguably the best young Dman in the NHL. Crazy potential in NHL 13, he is absolutely the face of the Coyotes.

Bergeron: Why do i even need to explain this? Just won a Selke, won a cup, probably the 3rd best Faceoff man in the NHL. Really good speed and amazing two way play. The Bruins would never trade him. He's a franchise player now because the Blues traded for him to be a speedier 1C

Huberdeau: The Panther's best forward prospect, that franchise is relying on him to carry their offense. The Blue's aren't going to trade him as he's expected to be the same thing for them.

Bogosian: He's the jets #1 Dman. No reason at all to trade him

Franchise Players that have been traded before in Bluth are still Franchise players on their new teams
I meant that some of the franchise players on your list (Jordan Staal) have been traded before in real life. Some have been heavily rumored to move (Bobby Ryan was rumored to go to the Flyers, Brent Burns almost went to NJ at the draft last year)

I'd never trade Ilya Kovalchuk and I don't have the pieces to acquire a franchise player so if the rule sticks, it won't affect me, just pointing out some quirks

Chessarmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 11:44 AM
xX Hot Fuss
HFBoards Sponsor

-I outlined why J. Staal is a franchise player
-No problem with Bobby Ryan not being a franchise player
-Burns..he's SJ's #1 dman for a very long time. I really dont think they'd trade him for anything realistic.

I know this has no credibility but in the "Trade and Free Agency" Thread (HF Boards, not Bluth) some edmonton fan made a proposal involivng Burns to edmonton. A lot of sharks fans wouldn't even want one of the big 4 coming back the other way. Burns is the real deal.

Old
12-03-2012, 01:39 PM
matt1396

I'd like a rule where we are only allowed to trade one franchise player or trade for a franchise player every two seasons or three seasons. That way no one has to wait 4 long seasons to get one or ship one out should they be in need of a rebuild.

matt1396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 03:48 PM
cbenini87

Quote:
-I outlined why J. Staal is a franchise player
-No problem with Bobby Ryan not being a franchise player
-Burns..he's SJ's #1 dman for a very long time. I really dont think they'd trade him for anything realistic.

I know this has no credibility but in the "Trade and Free Agency" Thread (HF Boards, not Bluth) some edmonton fan made a proposal involivng Burns to edmonton. A lot of sharks fans wouldn't even want one of the big 4 coming back the other way. Burns is the real deal.
May as well consider Bobby Ryan a franchise player because he won't be getting traded.

cbenini87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 03:59 PM
cbenini87

Just a thought......

Instead of saying franchise players cant be traded, why not make a ruling that you can't trade a franchise player without getting a franchise player back. If you're going to move 2 franchise players, you need 2 back, etc. That way if a replacement takes over it ensures they are going to have quality franchise players.

cbenini87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 04:35 PM
matt1396

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbenini87 View Post
Just a thought......

Instead of saying franchise players cant be traded, why not make a ruling that you can't trade a franchise player without getting a franchise player back. If you're going to move 2 franchise players, you need 2 back, etc. That way if a replacement takes over it ensures they are going to have quality franchise players.
problem is how often do you see that happen in the real NHL? the only occurences I can think of are the series of trades between SJ and MIN where they swapped Havlat and Burns with Setoguchi and Heatley but those guys weren't even franchise players at the time. Moving a franchise player for another one barely happens in the NHL if not at all.

matt1396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 05:18 PM
xX Hot Fuss
HFBoards Sponsor

Alright boys, i'm talking to this guy who may or may not be testing NHL 14. He tested NHL 13 last year and he might be invited back. Lets finalize our "Wishlist" so i have something to give to him. Here's what we have so far...

Quote:
bluth company 2014 gm connected wishlist[/center]

Bluth Company Wishlist

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt1396 View Post
1.) Live Draft
2.) Spectator mode
3.) Practice mode
4.) trade rumors like in NHL 11 or 12 (i.e. if a team sends a trade offer to another team about a player, it might say that team X is shopping a top 3 winger or something like that)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHamps View Post
5.) have the ability to exceed the cap in the offseason and come back within it before the regular season (like...yknow, real life)
6.) not have AHLers/juniors count against your NHL cap in the offseason
7.) better visual indication of your opponents being on/offline
8.) as a commissioner (which I am elsewhere), be able to check that all human controlled teams have played their games
9) Have ability to see User W/L and Sim W/L splits
10) Have ability to resign/release/buyout players during regular season
11) Have ability to block inquiries regarding Nino Niederreiter

12) Faster Menus (how has THIS not been brought up yet?!)
13) There should be banner raising ceremonies for the CUP Winner every year

14) Ability to trade Injured Players
15) An active Game Ticker that shows updated scores of current games going on in the league
16) Ability for Commissioner to Approve trades at the "Trade Details" screen, instead of having to go back and forth with terrible menus
17) Ability to track Prospect Progression and see detailed scouting reports for prospects
18) Allow to change a players position. For example if a player is listed as a Center in the game, but you play him as a LW.. let us be able to change their default position so when the computer sims and does best lines, they stay at their position.
19) Allow GM's to be able to look at overall and attributes of players on the waiver wire from the waiver screen.
20) A player attribute projection system.. allow us to see what a player on our rosters overall will roughly be for the next season.. this would be especially useful when re-signing players to see who we would want to re-sign or let walk to FA.
21) Fix the Waiver System. As it works currently, CPU controlled teams and/or GM Controlled teams during Double Advances will send good NHLers/Prospects through the Waiver system due to injury (Nyquist, Biron, Reimer etc..). Even if the "fix" to this is simply not allowing CPU teams to use Claim or Place players on waivers.
22) Player Progression during the season. Player progression shouldn't happen only during the offseason
23) Ability to see the future schedule for your GM connected team

24) Stop reverting to "Best Lines" whenever a player is injured. Just make that injured spot "unfilled". We shouldn't have to spend 5 minutes reseting our lines because one player gets injured.

Old
12-03-2012, 05:23 PM
Price 89

Quote:
Alright boys, i'm talking to this guy who may or may not be testing NHL 14. He tested NHL 13 last year and he might be invited back. Lets finalize our "Wishlist" so i have something to give to him. Here's what we have so far...
For number 24 it happens even when they come back from injury, really annoying

Old
12-04-2012, 12:12 AM
xX Hot Fuss
HFBoards Sponsor

I just wanted to take a second and publically thank Evolu7ion for properly managing Ovie's minutes since it was brought up. Ovie averaged 28 minutes/game in the playoffs and i really appreciate it. Too lazy to calculate/search for what Ovie's regular minutes were/were supposed to be, but i'm guessing its similar to his playoff minutes.

Thanks Evo, you've been a great GM since you've joined

Old
12-04-2012, 12:27 AM
EvoLu7ioN

Quote:
I just wanted to take a second and publically thank Evolu7ion for properly managing Ovie's minutes since it was brought up. Ovie averaged 28 minutes/game in the playoffs and i really appreciate it. Too lazy to calculate/search for what Ovie's regular minutes were/were supposed to be, but i'm guessing its similar to his playoff minutes.

Thanks Evo, you've been a great GM since you've joined
Thanks man, I appreciate it. More balance really helped me turn the page and be harder to play against, so I suppose I should thank you too for helping me snap out of dat Ovi trance. Now back to war with you, soldier! Less commish and more cold blooded killer.

EvoLu7ioN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2012, 10:35 AM
xX Hot Fuss
HFBoards Sponsor

**** Detroit! (Not the GM) but that team. I should have been more pissed about this last year. In real life Yzerman retires, people think Detroit is screwed. Then their 6th and 7th round draft picks turn out to be elite, Franchise ****ing players. Then, in NHL 13, GM knows he needs to get a #1 Dman so he sacrifices Zetterberg to get Weber. AWESOME from a Hawks fan point of view/GM in the Central Division because "Hey now Detroit has less offense!". FALSE. Some scrub prospect who was a 68 ovr has some miraculous jump that gives him crazy speed and a Stamkos level wrist shot because why the hell not? Its ****ing DETROIT!

Haha end of hawks fan rant. Again nothing against Price. Just the team that he is running so well

Old
12-04-2012, 10:36 AM
Gary83*

Quote:
**** Detroit! (Not the GM) but that team. I should have been more pissed about this last year. In real life Yzerman retires, people think Detroit is screwed. Then their 6th and 7th round draft picks turn out to be elite, Franchise ****ing players. Then, in NHL 13, GM knows he needs to get a #1 Dman so he sacrifices Zetterberg to get Weber. AWESOME from a Hawks fan point of view/GM in the Central Division because "Hey now Detroit has less offense!". FALSE. Some scrub prospect who was a 68 ovr has some miraculous jump that gives him crazy speed and a Stamkos level wrist shot because why the hell not? Its ****ing DETROIT!

Haha end of hawks fan rant. Again nothing against Price. Just the team that he is running so well
u mad?

seems so appropriate here